PDA

View Full Version : SB injury updates

SkinBasket
02-07-2011, 07:32 AM
I don't have any. I just want them. We know Woodson's injury, but I haven't heard about Shields or Driver. Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?

Scott Campbell
02-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Viking and Bear fans suffered severe butthurt, and will be out indefinitely.

pbmax
02-07-2011, 08:29 AM
Shields was out for the bulk of the 3rd Quarter, returned for the beginning of the 4th, gave up Wallace's TD to make it a 3 point game again. Then left the game.

I have seen no prognosis, but it must be serious if it took a half and then the 3rd Qtr to get him ready (or desperate enough to use him despite the injury).

SkinBasket
02-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Just read in an article that Driver just got a little Cutleritis and was not allowed by the doctor to return. Severe sprain. No worries about next season. Still haven't seen what the deal with Shields shoulder was.

Patler
02-07-2011, 08:42 AM
Witt said Shields was pleading to go back in. He finally let him, but it was obvious that he couldn't play with his shoulder as it was. Witt said it was a bad coaching decision on his part to even let him try to play.

Sounds significant, at least in the short-term.

Smidgeon
02-07-2011, 09:05 AM
So Woodson = broken collarbone (?) = healed in time for camp
Driver = severe ankle = healed in time for camp
Shields = shoulder something = if he could play, healed in time for camp
...anybody else?

SkinBasket
02-07-2011, 09:10 AM
...anybody else?

Apparently Collins just forgot to drink his gatorade and needed an early IV before the half.

pbmax
02-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Driver has a high ankle sprain. 3 weeks to recover during the season, he will be OK unless something else turns up.

bobblehead
02-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Witt said Shields was pleading to go back in. He finally let him, but it was obvious that he couldn't play with his shoulder as it was. Witt said it was a bad coaching decision on his part to even let him try to play.

Sounds significant, at least in the short-term.

Says volumes about the kids toughness that he would get on the field in a sport like football when he was hurt bad enough that the coaches kept him out.

pbmax
02-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Driver also with a knee sprain, but ankle was worse.

imscott72
02-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Of the 22 opening day starters, only 13 were available at the end of the Super Bowl. Amazing...

packerbacker1234
02-07-2011, 10:48 AM
For all those that were worried about Woodson maybe thinking retirement after getting the ring, we can wash away that worry. He explained in the interview he has a long time to heal up the broken collarbone for the next "go around" - which clearly means another run next season. It's just as I thought - once you get a taste of being champion, you want to do it all over again. I am sure the same is true of driver with his ankle sprain and we all know shields will be back. Must of been a strained shoulder.

denverYooper
02-07-2011, 11:22 AM
For all those that were worried about Woodson maybe thinking retirement after getting the ring, we can wash away that worry. He explained in the interview he has a long time to heal up the broken collarbone for the next "go around" - which clearly means another run next season. It's just as I thought - once you get a taste of being champion, you want to do it all over again. I am sure the same is true of driver with his ankle sprain and we all know shields will be back. Must of been a strained shoulder.

He's no dummy. He knows that the team is set up for a few more good runs at the Lombardi.

packerbacker1234
02-07-2011, 11:50 AM
He's no dummy. He knows that the team is set up for a few more good runs at the Lombardi.

Depending how you look at it, we could be set up for 3 to 5 good runs, maybe more if we keep the core intact and replace guys successfully.

esoxx
02-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Says volumes about the kids toughness that he would get on the field in a sport like football when he was hurt bad enough that the coaches kept him out.

Didn't Woodson go back in as well after breaking his collarbone? The Packers took a time out after the play and I remember the shot of Chuck jogging back onto the field after the TO was over. Talk about a tough guy.

Guiness
02-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Didn't Woodson go back in as well after breaking his collarbone? The Packers took a time out after the play and I remember the shot of Chuck jogging back onto the field after the TO was over. Talk about a tough guy.

You're right, I forgot about that. He went back in for a play after the TO, but came right back out.

That's some kind of combination of pain tolerance and adrenaline!

During the second half, they showed a shot of him on the sidelines. One arm was in a sling, and he pumped his other fist after a good play - then immediately pulled his good arm down wincing in pain!

Guiness
02-07-2011, 12:14 PM
What about Tramon's tackle of Sanders that put him out of the game?

That was a vicious suplex! Looked like he was pissed about being beat on the pass, and was taking out some frustration.

SkinBasket
02-07-2011, 12:43 PM

That was a vicious suplex! Looked like he was pissed about being beat on the pass, and was taking out some frustration.

I thought it was much more likely Sanders hurt himself when he slipped catching the pass, but I'm no Troy Aikman or Joe Buck, who were selling that it happened on the tackle.

mraynrand
02-07-2011, 12:50 PM
I thought it was much more likely Sanders hurt himself when he slipped catching the pass, but I'm no Troy Aikman or Joe Buck, who were selling that it happened on the tackle.

yup. They were full of shit. A roomful of orthopedic surgeons agreed.

denverYooper
02-07-2011, 12:53 PM

Speaking of takedowns, Crabtree had a vicious one on Timmons too, just floored the guy.

denverYooper
02-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Both Clifton and Woodson said they'll be back next year. What about Dud?

SkinBasket
02-07-2011, 02:15 PM
yup. They were full of shit. A roomful of orthopedic surgeons agreed.

Which room?