PDA

View Full Version : Classy Coaches not in Green Bay

mraynrand
02-07-2011, 11:37 AM
That Mike Tomlin is classy as hell. Guy is just saying how great the Packers are and making great plays. Packers won because they were better than the Steelers. All class. Lovie Smith - playing all-out to beat the Packers in GB to end the season. Guy knows the Packers are the team he needed to beat. Meets McCarthy at midfield after the loss "Good Luck in the Superbowl, Mike. Go get 'em!"

We've got a classy coach in McCarthy, but he's got some good company in Tomlin and Smith. Almost makes you feel bad that they had to lose. Almost.

rbaloha1
02-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Always felt MM and staff are classy.

esoxx
02-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Although I'm just glad word didn't leak out that the team was measured for Super Bowl rings on Saturday night. Talk about bulletin board material.

Wonder how the Steelers feel about hearing about that move now?

I like the Bravado. Seems like a Jimmy Johnson type move from back in the day. Talk the talk, walk the walk.

swede
02-07-2011, 12:11 PM
I never wanted to mention in Super Bowl week that the Steelers have for many years been the one team in the NFL that I have admired and wished that the Packers could be more like in terms of hard-hitting D, physical play, and classy coaching. Now the Packers have no one to look up to but their own ambitions and dreams.

Cheesehead Craig
02-07-2011, 12:54 PM
I never wanted to mention in Super Bowl week that the Steelers have for many years been the one team in the NFL that I have admired and wished that the Packers could be more like in terms of hard-hitting D, physical play, and classy coaching. Now the Packers have no one to look up to but their own ambitions and dreams.

Swede that was beautiful... hold me.

Gunakor
02-07-2011, 01:07 PM
There's a reason why Pittsburgh and Green Bay have the 2 largest fan bases in football that goes beyond greatness on the field. Nobody loves the Patriots, for example.

I've admired Tomlin since the day he took over for Cowher. The energy he brings to work with him, the way he relates to his players. He just does it the right way, all the time. I'd absolutely love to play for a guy like that.

Mike Smith in Atlanta is another really classy coach IMO. Lovie is classy, but he coaches the Bears so I have to hate him. I just have to. It's the law.

Badgerinmaine
02-07-2011, 01:41 PM
That Mike Tomlin is classy as hell. Guy is just saying how great the Packers are and making great plays. Packers won because they were better than the Steelers. All class. Lovie Smith - playing all-out to beat the Packers in GB to end the season. Guy knows the Packers are the team he needed to beat. Meets McCarthy at midfield after the loss "Good Luck in the Superbowl, Mike. Go get 'em!"

We've got a classy coach in McCarthy, but he's got some good company in Tomlin and Smith. Almost makes you feel bad that they had to lose. Almost.

Agreed.I have a lot of respect for both men. Both are a nice contrast to Rex Ryan.