PDA

View Full Version : Idiot SB announcers thread

Guiness
02-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Seen mentions of their idiocy in several threads, so I thought we could collect it all in here!

Here's one that I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere, but made me livid. Right after Mendenhall scored in the third quarter, one of the announcers said something to the effect of:

You can tell that Tomlin and Roethlisberger have been here before, they're relaxed and know how to get it done. McCarthy and Rodgers are too tense.

I don't have the exact quote, but am going to go find it.

swede
02-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Will there come a day when one set of Super Bowl viewers can get a video/audio that spotlights celebrities and their clothing, while another set can get instant replays showing all 22 players along with intelligent, game-focused commentary? I have no idea which set of viewers would want to watch Joe Buck and Troy Aikman other than their moms.

Freak Out
02-07-2011, 12:15 PM
I thank the gods the bar was so loud I never heard a word those idiots said. FOX did a pretty lame job overall I thought.

HowardRoark
02-07-2011, 12:50 PM
He's an announcer somehwere, so I'll pu this here:

Tweet of the Week II

"At NFL-Xperience and Phil Simms just threatened 2 hit me b/c I said his son was 1 of the worse QBs in the SEC. I told him 'LET'S GO!' ''

--@desmond_howard, ESPN college football analyst Desmond Howard, who angered Simms last fall by calling his son, Tennessee quarterback Matt Simms, one of the three worst quarterbacks in the Southeastern Conference. In a later tweet, Howard said Simms "wanted 2 take a swing at me!!''

Simms, though, remembered the incident differently, telling SI.com's Richard Deitsch that "at no time was there ever a chance of a physical confrontation'' with Howard.

mraynrand
02-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Simms, though, remembered the incident differently, telling SI.com's Richard Deitsch that "at no time was there ever a chance of a physical confrontation, because I'm a pussy.'' with Howard.

fixed - you didn't get the full quote

Cheesehead Craig
02-07-2011, 12:53 PM
They completely got a false start call wrong when it was Jennings that moved early and they kept praising Harrison for moving around the line and causing confusion. It's like they weren't even watching the game.

channtheman
02-07-2011, 01:03 PM
They completely got a false start call wrong when it was Jennings that moved early and they kept praising Harrison for moving around the line and causing confusion. It's like they weren't even watching the game.

Or the play where 73 of the Steelers held Jenkins and the dumbshit Aikman kept on thinking it was the Steeler who engaged with Matthews. Aikman even thought the refs said the wrong number!

swede
02-07-2011, 01:31 PM

Aikman has been doing that for as long as I have been watching him. He will make a statement and stick to it without correcting it even in the face of video replay that shows he is flatly wrong about who, what, where or when.

bobblehead
02-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Or the play where 73 of the Steelers held Jenkins and the dumbshit Aikman kept on thinking it was the Steeler who engaged with Matthews. Aikman even thought the refs said the wrong number!

He was simply doing what sells jersys. Pimping the playmaker. Mathews is a playmaker, jenkins is not....it must have been mathews that was held.

Joemailman
02-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Honestly, I was so wired into the game I don't remember a damn thing those guys said.

HowardRoark
02-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Honestly, I was so wired into the game I don't remember a damn thing those guys said.

Good point. Too bad the Packer Radio Network doesn't let us pay per game to listen online.

Or do they somehow?

Guiness
02-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Anyone else remember the statement I'm talking about in the OP?

Just re-listened to the 3rd Q, but couldn't find it.

channtheman
02-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Anyone else remember the statement I'm talking about in the OP?

Just re-listened to the 3rd Q, but couldn't find it.

I do remember what you are talking about. I'm trying to listen and find it now.

channtheman
02-07-2011, 03:20 PM
This can go in the stupid announcers thread, but also to all the morons that think Rodgers was "off" in the Super Bowl (Idiot Aikman made a stupid statement about 13:30 to go in the 4th quarter). Rodgers played insanely well the ENTIRE game. If not for the drops by our receivers, he EASILY has over 400 yards and 4 TD's, maybe 5. The game is a blowout and we're talking about one of, if not the, greatest Super Bowl performance by a QB and also postseason performance. Too many idiots think Rodgers was off. Did they even watch the damn game? Geez.

SMBASS
02-07-2011, 03:21 PM

It's funny you say this Joe. I stayed at home and watched the game with two of my friends who are also big Packer fans and I was so wired and into the game I honestly couldn't tell you one thing the idiot announcers said or one thing about any of the commericals. The only thing that mattered or registered with me was the game and the play on the field.

pbmax
02-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Will there come a day when one set of Super Bowl viewers can get a video/audio that spotlights celebrities and their clothing, while another set can get instant replays showing all 22 players along with intelligent, game-focused commentary? I have no idea which set of viewers would want to watch Joe Buck and Troy Aikman other than their moms.

Yes, it will come. But it will cost you $1,095.00 to watch the regular season, plus an additional $595 for the playoff bonus pack.

Joemailman
02-07-2011, 04:33 PM
So, did everybody see the pregame segment where they had a Clay Matthews wig and a Troy Polamalu wig and based on who she thought would win the game Jennifer Aniston had to put one of the wigs on Adam Sandler? She chose the Clay Matthews wig proving she know a lot about football.

And the whole segment proved we are doomed as a society.

Fritz
02-07-2011, 04:57 PM
When what Aikman and Buck did passes for expert commentary and announcing, then we know football is no longer a sport at all, but entertainment.

We're doomed. Where's Dennis Rodman?

Guiness
02-07-2011, 05:32 PM
We're doomed. Where's Dennis Rodman?

Is he wearing the Polamalu wig?

red
02-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Good point. Too bad the Packer Radio Network doesn't let us pay per game to listen online.

Or do they somehow?

i know wayne and larry were doing the game, but the local channel here that usually broadcasts packer games was using a game feed with some other nfl hacks

did the nfl force everyone to use their play by play team?

i really wanted to mute the tv and turn the radio on

red
02-07-2011, 05:40 PM
my favorite moment was when tramon made a beautiful play to break up a pass. aikmen was throwing a fit that there was no interference call. then they showed a replay that clearly showed no part of tramon touching any part of the receiver. instead of saying, oops i was wrong. he said oh, well from that angle it doesn't look as bad. i guess i can see how that could be a no call

the truth is aikman is a biased jealous asshole that hates the packers with a passion and can't stand the fact that other qb's could possibly be better then he was

i really have no fucking clue how he is on the #1 announcing team. the guy is a fucking idiot

pbmax
02-07-2011, 05:55 PM
The local radio guys can broadcast in the home markets for the Super Bowl. That means 620 WTMJ in Milwaukee and WTAQ 1360 AM / WTAQ 97.5 FM / WIXX 101.1 FM in Green Bay.

red
02-07-2011, 05:58 PM
The local radio guys can broadcast in the home markets for the Super Bowl. That means 620 WTMJ in Milwaukee and WTAQ 1360 AM / WTAQ 97.5 FM / WIXX 101.1 FM in Green Bay.

yeah see, i live out of the "home market" but my local channels are still allowed to broadcast every other one of there games but this one

i think that sucked bad

Bretsky
02-07-2011, 08:51 PM
I'd take Chucky, Theisman, Simms, and Jaws over Aikman. He's just junk

VermontPackFan
02-08-2011, 11:51 AM

Good idea, sign me up. I like Aikman and Buck normally, but I was too fired up Sunday to listen too closely to anything they had to say. I was PISSED at them for not giving us an update on Shields in the 2nd half.

pbmax
02-08-2011, 07:46 PM
I'd take Chucky, Theisman, Simms, and Jaws over Aikman. He's just junk

Theismann? No thanks. If I need to take someone who is not on the lead team at a network now, it would be Billick. He sometimes gets caught up in the hype, but offers up good stuff at a reasonable rate. Gruden would be OK. Simms would be my choice from a lead team after Collinsworth, but sometimes Phil gets stubborn and doesn't correct himself when provided evidence to the contrary.

channtheman
02-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Theismann? No thanks. If I need to take someone who is not on the lead team at a network now, it would be Billick. He sometimes gets caught up in the hype, but offers up good stuff at a reasonable rate. Gruden would be OK. Simms would be my choice from a lead team after Collinsworth, but sometimes Phil gets stubborn and doesn't correct himself when provided evidence to the contrary.

The best coverage of an actual game that I've seen is NBC Sunday Night Football. Fox is about comedy, CBS is boring, and ESPN is hype. Jaws, who while making valid points gets a little too excited, and Gruden who makes every player seem all pro do not mix well.

CaptainKickass
02-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Aikman and Theisman would = tardfest