PDA

View Full Version : Reactions a day later...

packers11
02-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Some quick hits : A day later...

The announcers SUCKED... everytime the packers did something good, they would just say how the steelers messed up and would give no credit at all to the packers....

The tight ends are non existent... I really can't wait to have Finley back with Quarles in his 2nd year...

Who needs a running game??? The NFL favors the pass so much with all the new rules, the establish the running game is a myth now... MM called the perfect game plan, 3/4/5 WR Sets... PERFECT... Take advantage of the bad secondary of the steelers...

James Jones and Jordy Nelson... How in gods name did you drop so many perfectly thrown balls??? I was about to throw my controller after Jones dropped that perfect bullet by Aaron Rodgers...

I felt so bad for Charles / Driver... To bad they didn't get to play the 2nd half...

How Ironic/fitting was it that the team full of I.R. players had 3 starters go down for the game... All my friends in New England were amazed how the packers pulled it together with Woodson out...

BEST OF ALL... THE PACKERS WON!!! I WON MY PROP BET IN VEGAS!!! Best day of my life!!!

Bretsky
02-07-2011, 08:44 PM
MY REACTIONS

I agree the announcers were pathetic; I regret not listening to the Packer flagship station

AROD may have turned in one of the top performances in SB history. Think about his stats.....now add about six dropped passes into his completion percentage and the yardage from the drops

MM had a great game plan on offense. He exposed the Steelers weaknesses and did not try to challenge their strengths

Carolina_Packer
02-07-2011, 09:01 PM
Aaron Rodgers is two months younger than Favre was when he won his Super Bowl.

A-Rod was the MVP. Desmond Howard was the MVP of the previous Super Bowl win.

The Packers lost Keith Jackson and Sean Jones to retirement and did not sign Wayne Simmons following their Super Bowl win in 1997.

The team in the 1998 Super Bowl was hurt by those losses.

The head coach had his eyes on the prize of being a GM/Head Coach and was on his way out following the 1998 season.

Then the Packers were in flux during the prime of Brett's career.

This team is much younger and more talented.

This team has a bunch of guys coming back from injury, which is almost like free agent signings.

This team has a stable head coaching situation, stable GM situation and cap room.

This team is poised to re-load and make more runs, unlike the previous Super Bowl winner, although they made it to the Super Bowl the following year.

I see a very bright future, with nothing taken for granted, but this team now knows how to get there and is poised to make another run.