02-07-2011, 10:13 PM
That's all.

MadtownPacker
02-07-2011, 10:22 PM
You think he will have the trophy?

Lurker64
02-07-2011, 10:25 PM
You think he will have the trophy?

There was video of Mark Murphy holding it in Green Bay earlier today, so if Rodgers has it... they flew it out special for him, since he didn't fly back with the rest of the team (he had obligations at Disney World.)

Fosco33
02-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Wonder if he'll make a visit to Leno when he makes it back to Cali... I live 4 blocks from the show and have a friend at NBC that can get tix guaranteed (we saw Brent back in Feb/March - just cuz).

Jimx29
02-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Dude is sporting a little gray hair up top

HowardRoark
02-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Rips Special Teams on national TV.

Jimx29
02-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Rips Special Teams on national TV.

LOVE it.
Slocum should be really worried about his next paycheck now

Pugger
02-08-2011, 01:38 AM
I didn't care for the fact Letterman asked Rodgers about #4. Christ, when will that ever end??

Bossman641
02-08-2011, 07:27 AM
Dude is sporting a little gray hair up top

Are you ever planning on updating your signature?

bobblehead
02-08-2011, 07:33 AM
I didn't care for the fact Letterman asked Rodgers about #4, Christ, when will that ever end??

Amazing how punctuation can completely change a sentence.

Bretsky
02-08-2011, 09:05 AM
http://www.cbs.com/late_night/late_show/video/?pid=zVxZyIldyRI8CAwjGHpxlC3iuRzjiJvX&vs=Default&play=true

Scott Campbell
02-08-2011, 10:38 AM
I didn't care for the fact Letterman asked Rodgers about #4. Christ, when will that ever end??

My guess - never.

He's amazingly patient with people when they ask.

vince
02-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Up until now everyone compared Rodgers to Favre. Beginning with this Super Bowl, people are beginning to compare Favre to Rodgers.

Freak Out
02-08-2011, 11:19 AM
I wouldn't say he ripped on STs....he just said how we all feel. :)

denverYooper
02-08-2011, 11:26 AM

Yep. And I don't blame him one bit. They need to improve there next year.

gbgary
02-08-2011, 11:48 AM
yeeeees...i wish people would fukoff with the bf references.

AtlPackFan
02-08-2011, 12:15 PM

Still...not sure you endear yourself to your special team teammates by saying that on national TV. Just my opinion.

Scott Campbell
02-08-2011, 01:31 PM
yeeeees...i wish people would fukoff with the bf references.

Even Letterman made cracks about Bert last night. It might never go away. As much as I enjoy seeing Bert kicked in the balls, I wish Letterman hadn't gone there. It was much more interesting hearing about his high school experience, and playing with guys who had been to prison while in community college.

Even though Aaron is mostly careful about not badmouthing anyone, he is a lot more frank and open than most athletes in this situation. There were no generic "one game a time" comments last night.

Scott Campbell
02-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Still...not sure you endear yourself to your special team teammates by saying that on national TV. Just my opinion.

It's the elephant in the room. Once that New England lineman returned that kick, there's no safe harbor for the coverage teams. I have no issues with what he said.

And saying it after the season and the Lomardi is secure is a lot different than blaming them after a loss.

SMBASS
02-08-2011, 01:59 PM
It's the elephant in the room. Once that New England lineman returned that kick, there's no safe harbor for the coverage teams. I have no issues with what he said.

And saying it after the season and the Lomardi is secure is a lot different than blaming them after a loss.

I agree Scott. It's called accountability and nobody on the team should be immune to it. I think it's Rodger's way of saying what he and probably a number of other players felt all year in that the ST's did not hold up thier end of the bargain in many games and they put a lot of undue pressure on both the offense and defense. They had their moments at the end of season but overall the play was not good.

Go back and check out Raji during I think the Atlanta game when he was wearing a mic and listen to what he said from the sidelines during one of G.B's kickoffs. He was practically begging the kickoff team to make a tackle and he was just as nervous about it as Aaron mentioned he was during the Super Bowl and as we all felt throughout the season. You think Rodgers gets tired of watching our opponents start all of their drives from the 30 yd. line on out when we're lucky to get it back to the 20? Outside of the opening Philly game when Nelson ripped off a few good returns we completely sucked at it all year long.

As you said, he didn't throw anyone under the bus or point fingers during the season but I think this is his way of saying that in order for us to improve as a team this needs to get fixed. Given his leadership role on the team I don't have any problems with the way he stated it or the fact that he brought it up either.

denverYooper
02-08-2011, 02:14 PM

+1. I'm sure it's been said hundreds of times during the season behind closed doors. He put it out there in public in the nicest way possible after a championship season, with a wry grin on his face.

Lurker64
02-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Though, if Tom Crabtree can get someone to punch him on every kickoff, our coverage woes will improve dramatically.

After all, who wouldn't want to punch this guy?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/237430818.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1297199008&Signature=fIFu34uCKJp3cuexDxtI%2B2mEPaw%3D

swede
02-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Though, if Tom Crabtree can get someone to punch him on every kickoff, our coverage woes will improve dramatically.

After all, who wouldn't want to punch this guy?

I was watching the game again last night and in the first half Crabtree got away with a huge hold/body slam to seal the edge on a Starks first down run. I don't know how that got missed by the refs, and I would have been ticked at him if he'd gotten caught, but I do like the fact that kid has a nasty edge to him.

CaptainKickass
02-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Letterman while crowd is cheering: "Don't make me cut off beer sales..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK6nkWae07w

channtheman
02-08-2011, 03:36 PM
WOW! Listening to the interview on youtube. Rodgers was a winner at all levels. 10-1 for Butte Community College, very similar with Cal (11-1 I think) and now Super Bowl Champ and a winner at the highest level. Compare that with Cutler, who just now finally had a winning season on the heels of some very lucky situations for the Bears.

AtlPackFan
02-08-2011, 03:49 PM

Special teams was a revolving door this year with all the injuries. There is no way to develop any continuity when you have different personnel on the teams each week. Do they need to improve? Most definitely! I just don't think its something you say publicly - joking or not.

However, I apparently am a voice of 1 so I'll defer to those of you more knowledgeable about the sport and drop my protest. :-)

Scott Campbell
02-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Special teams was a revolving door this year with all the injuries. There is no way to develop any continuity when you have different personnel on the teams each week. Do they need to improve? Most definitely! I just don't think its something you say publicly - joking or not.

However, I apparently am a voice of 1 so I'll defer to those of you more knowledgeable about the sport and drop my protest. :-)

No need to defer. It's a judgment call.

channtheman
02-08-2011, 05:08 PM
No need to defer. It's a judgment call.

Definitely. I can see why some might say he shouldn't say it, but he is just being honest. However, I think he mentioned something about the 2008 season where the ST sucked every week. When you have a guy like Rodgers who puts forth his best effort and makes sure he knows what he is doing he has a right to be pissed about such pathetic ST. I don't think anyone on our ST would say they did good either. If someone on our ST got annoyed by Rodgers comments, you would know immediately they don't have a desire to be better.

pbmax
02-08-2011, 07:03 PM
I was watching the game again last night and in the first half Crabtree got away with a huge hold/body slam to seal the edge on a Starks first down run. I don't know how that got missed by the refs, and I would have been ticked at him if he'd gotten caught, but I do like the fact that kid has a nasty edge to him.

Raji said they knew going in that the officials involved (I am guessing he meant Ref and Umpire in his case) didn't throw many flags. He said it was hold fest. So good to Crabtree for listening to the ref scouting report.

swede
02-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Raji said they knew going in that the officials involved didn't throw many flags.

UNLESS you go to the ground in an end zone celebration. The yellow laundry came from all directions in a big damn hurry then. :)

Fft! Fffft! Ffffft! Fffffffffft!!!

(The sound of penalty flags dropping in from all different distances and directions.)

pbmax
02-08-2011, 07:48 PM
UNLESS you go to the ground in an end zone celebration. The yellow laundry came from all directions in a big damn hurry then. :)

Fft! Fffft! Ffffft! Fffffffffft!!!

(The sound of penalty flags dropping in from all different distances and directions.)

Yep. This crew was all about aesthetics.