PDA

View Full Version : Return to Titletown

Sparkey
02-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Anyone else there today ?

I was at section 111 row 41 seat 7 - Seeing the Lombardi Trophy in person was freakin awesome!

Was great, even if it was f'nnn cold.

swede
02-08-2011, 09:28 PM
My son went. He was in about the 40th row facing the action---he can't remember which section. He did say he had a blast! Nick Collins (Not Barnett as previously reported) brought the trophy around and he got to touch it. He said Spitz took his shirt off and dived into a snowbank during a break in the action. Must be some sort of back therapy.

SMBASS
02-08-2011, 09:29 PM
Anyone else there today ?

I was at section 111 row 41 seat 7 - Seeing the Lombardi Trophy in person was freakin awesome!

Was great, even if it was f'nnn cold.

How loud was the crowd at the stadium Sparkey? I doubt if they did a full scale audio production and I know everyone was bundled up, gloves, etc., because of the cold, but the one thing I noticed on my particular TV feed was that the crowd noise wasn't very loud at all. You could definitely tell it was louder when they cheered those times for Rodgers and Driver but it was still pretty muted. It doesn't matter and it didn't diminish the event but I was just curious.

red
02-08-2011, 09:34 PM
i was there section 121 row 11

it was very cold, but very cool to see

it was pretty damn loud there, pretty much just like a game. we even had a double wave going around at one point

swede
02-08-2011, 09:35 PM
The kid says the TV audio must have been better for hearing the players talking. It was loud in the stadium, so loud he couldn't always hear what the participants were saying.

red
02-08-2011, 09:39 PM
also jordy must have suffered a pretty decent injury at some point during the game, he was limping badly coming off the stage and i think he came out onto the field on crutches

highlight of the night was spitz taking off his coat and shirt during a commercial break and doing a belly flop into the snow

Little Whiskey
02-08-2011, 09:49 PM
I listened a bit on the radio. never heard how many people showed up. a sellout?

SMBASS
02-08-2011, 09:51 PM
The kid says the TV audio must have been better for hearing the players talking. It was loud in the stadium, so loud he couldn't always hear what the participants were saying.

Thanks Swede. The podium mics sounded fine on my TV. They were pretty clear and loud enough so you could understand everything being said. I'm sure the muted crowd noise was just a product of the audio production.

pbmax
02-08-2011, 09:58 PM
They sold it out and I heard 54,000 on the radio and JSO is putting it at over 50,000.

Little Whiskey
02-08-2011, 10:05 PM
isn't capacity over 70k? why they hell did they limit the number of tickets?

channtheman
02-08-2011, 10:08 PM
I've been trying to figure out how a "sell out" of a 70+ thousand seat stadium where only 54 thousand show up is a "sell out." Were some of the bleachers covered in snow still?

SMBASS
02-08-2011, 10:11 PM
isn't capacity over 70k? why they hell did they limit the number of tickets?

Belated Christmas gift to the scalpers?

red
02-08-2011, 10:18 PM
I've been trying to figure out how a "sell out" of a 70+ thousand seat stadium where only 54 thousand show up is a "sell out." Were some of the bleachers covered in snow still?

they didn't sell tickets for the club seats, and people the have sky box seats vasically own those year round so those can't be resold for this.

the entire lower or original bowl was filled and sold out. the new addition (club seats) were empty. and the sky boxes were probably less then 25% full

Little Whiskey
02-08-2011, 11:09 PM
they are replaying it now on NFL network 11pm central

HarveyWallbangers
02-09-2011, 12:08 AM
they are replaying it now on NFL network 11pm central

Thanks for the heads up. Got downstairs in time to record it. Luckily, the station was on the NFL Network, so I was able to record the whole thing.

Sparkey
02-09-2011, 09:09 AM
How loud was the crowd at the stadium Sparkey? I doubt if they did a full scale audio production and I know everyone was bundled up, gloves, etc., because of the cold, but the one thing I noticed on my particular TV feed was that the crowd noise wasn't very loud at all. You could definitely tell it was louder when they cheered those times for Rodgers and Driver but it was still pretty muted. It doesn't matter and it didn't diminish the event but I was just curious.

It was so loud that it drowned out the PA system. There were times when the players comments were completely muffled by the fans.

woodbuck27
02-09-2011, 09:16 AM

From what I read that may well have been the case.

HarveyWallbangers
02-09-2011, 10:24 AM
The audio was poor. Larry McCarren's voice was toast. Couldn't they find somebody to replace him?

Little Whiskey
02-09-2011, 10:47 AM
The audio was poor. Larry McCarren's voice was toast. Couldn't they find somebody to replace him?

the video was horrible too. it looked like this could have been recorded during the first trip to title town.

they better clean that up for next year!!

SMBASS
02-09-2011, 11:31 AM
I doubt if it meant anything but I thought it was kind of strange when James Jones didn't initially go up onto the stage with the rest of the receiving group. He finally walked up the stairs to join them when Jennings specifically mentioned him and started teasing him about being a California guy and staying close to the heaters but he still seemed somewhat reluctant. I don't know, maybe he really was that cold and wanted to stay by the heaters??

I know he took it pretty hard when he dropped the TD pass right before half time of the Philly game so I'm sure he's still feeling pretty crappy about that potential TD pass he dropped on Sunday as well. I swear those two plays were almost identical starting with the placement and way Rodgers threw the ball, the position of the DB's and how Jones got behind them, and the way the ball bounced off his hands/chest.

denverYooper
02-09-2011, 11:37 AM
I doubt if it meant anything but I thought it was kind of strange when James Jones didn't initially go up onto the stage with the rest of the receiving group. He finally walked up the stairs to join them when Jennings specifically mentioned him and started teasing him about being a California guy and staying close to the heaters but he still seemed somewhat reluctant. I don't know, maybe he really was that cold and wanted to stay by the heaters??

I know he took it pretty hard when he dropped the TD pass right before half time of the Philly game so I'm sure he's still feeling pretty crappy about that potential TD pass he dropped on Sunday as well. I swear those two plays were almost identical starting with the placement and way Rodgers threw the ball, the position of the DB's and how Jones got behind them, and the way the ball bounced off his hands/chest.

Finley should bring Jones and Jordy along to work with Fitz in AZ this offseason. I'm pretty sure those guys spend a lot of time working on hands.

swede
02-09-2011, 12:10 PM

I wonder if he reads too many blogs and has too tender a heart to deal with the warranted concerns by fandom that are often expressed in Skinbasket-like terms of endearment. We don't need any Terry Glenn action around here. The dude gets open a lot. Figure out that an Aaron Rodgers missle may hit you in the freaking hands when you come out of your breaks, eh? What do you want? Love? Get a dog. You want fan appreciation? Catch every ball thrown your way. Want to catch every ball thrown your way? Less cow vagina and more over-the-shoulder passes and heaters out of the JUGS machine in the off-season. S'all I got to say.

SMBASS
02-09-2011, 01:25 PM
I wonder if he reads too many blogs and has too tender a heart to deal with the warranted concerns by fandom that are often expressed in Skinbasket-like terms of endearment. We don't need any Terry Glenn action around here. The dude gets open a lot. Figure out that an Aaron Rodgers missle may hit you in the freaking hands when you come out of your breaks, eh? What do you want? Love? Get a dog. You want fan appreciation? Catch every ball thrown your way. Want to catch every ball thrown your way? Less cow vagina and more over-the-shoulder passes and heaters out of the JUGS machine in the off-season. S'all I got to say.

I agree Swede. Dudes a complete enigma as far as I'm concerned. He's got all the physical tools, as you said he gets open ALOT, we've seen him make plenty of tough catches, and he seems more than bright enough to do the job. For the life of me I don't understand the concentration lapses or why he has such a hard time catching ballls when he's not facing the QB.

In no way was I defending his drops. Both of those potential TD's could have completely changed the complexion of the games and I think both Philly and Pitt. would have started to quit given the circumstances and timing of the plays. It was inexcusable to drop those balls and you simply can't blow opportunities like those in big games. Luckily neither one came back to bite us in the ass. I cursed up a blue streak when he dropped the pass in the Philly game. All I could do in the Pitt. game was bury my face in my hands and shake my head. Words couldn't even describe what I was thinking/feeling after that happened. I can't even imagine what A.R. was thinking at the time.

I simply thought it was strange that he didn't initially join the rest of the receiving group on the stage during the celebration.

red
02-09-2011, 01:41 PM
jones was very cold, he stood either right under a heater or right in front of one the whole time jumping up and down to stay warm. i wouldn't doubt he just wanted to stay warm

most of the players were not dressed anywhere near warm enough for how cold it really was

swede
02-09-2011, 01:46 PM
I simply thought it was strange that he didn't initially join the rest of the receiving group on the stage during the celebration.

Yes, you made it clear. And it is possible that he was just being shy, or that he was danged cold and wanted to stay close to a heater.

I simply felt like ranting just in case he feels put upon by a little bit of criticism regarding his drops or if he's feeling some self-pity.

I like the guy and think he is a great talent for us. Without the Chicago fumble and the half-dozen big drops we wouldn't even be able to afford to keep him he'd be such a hot commodity.

HarveyWallbangers
02-09-2011, 03:09 PM
I don't think the players got to choose who went up there. I'm sure the players would have wanted all the players to go up there. Only like 3 guys from the defense got to go up there. I'm sure Jennings felt bad for Jones--since Driver and Nelson were already up there. Then again, I always feel bad for Swain. The receivers are mentioned, and it's like he's not even on the team. The thing was poorly done, but it was fun nonetheless. I think each position group should have gone up as a whole, and then they could have talked to one or two from each group.

SMBASS
02-09-2011, 04:04 PM
I don't think the players got to choose who went up there. I'm sure the players would have wanted all the players to go up there. Only like 3 guys from the defense got to go up there. I'm sure Jennings felt bad for Jones--since Driver and Nelson were already up there. Then again, I always feel bad for Swain. The receivers are mentioned, and it's like he's not even on the team. The thing was poorly done, but it was fun nonetheless. I think each position group should have gone up as a whole, and then they could have talked to one or two from each group.

That makes sense Harv. I agree that they should have had all of the players from each group up there. It's not as though the stage wasn't big enough to accomodate them. I kind of thought parts were poorly done as well but I'm just nit-picking and definitely not complaining. I really wouldn't have cared if they stuck a kiddie desk and a Mister Microphone out in the middle of the field for the festivities as long as the outcome was the same!

We're the SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS baby and that's all that matters!!

red
02-09-2011, 06:17 PM
heres my view of the return to titletown

you can see how the club seats were completely empty, thus not sold. and the stage with the players in the middle

http://i53.tinypic.com/mqyhs.jpg

Packgator
02-09-2011, 09:40 PM
heres my view of the return to titletown

you can see how the club seats were completely empty, thus not sold. and the stage with the players in the middle

http://i53.tinypic.com/mqyhs.jpg

Nice seats!

mission
02-09-2011, 09:47 PM
jones was very cold, he stood either right under a heater or right in front of one the whole time jumping up and down to stay warm. i wouldn't doubt he just wanted to stay warm

most of the players were not dressed anywhere near warm enough for how cold it really was

Maybe if he wasn't wearing his Jordan windbreaker or whatever the hell that was. I thought it was weird that Jones was (maybe) the only guy without any Packer gear on. Kind of the loner mentality or something? I dunno.

MJZiggy
02-09-2011, 09:52 PM
Maybe if he wasn't wearing his Jordan windbreaker or whatever the hell that was. I thought it was weird that Jones was (maybe) the only guy without any Packer gear on. Kind of the loner mentality or something? I dunno.

Probably still feels like an idiot for dropping a sure touchdown.

red
02-09-2011, 10:02 PM

i'd say over half the guys weren't wearing packer gear. most went with black leather or black bubble jackets

mission
02-09-2011, 10:07 PM
i'd say over half the guys weren't wearing packer gear. most went with black leather or black bubble jackets

I saw a lot of that but with a Packer stocking hat of some sort. You were there though so I trust ya...

Either way, Jones looked way out of place.