PDA

View Full Version : SB XLV Replay on NFLN Now

mission
02-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Just started! Can't get enough of this... plenty of sound bites too.

Lurker64
02-09-2011, 07:59 PM
That James Jones dropped touchdown still hurts me in my soul.

MJZiggy
02-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Watching Donald is interesting. He's saying a lot of the same stuff I did.

SMBASS
02-09-2011, 08:37 PM

It's a pain that just keeps on giving doesn't it! Every time I see that play or the Philly drop it's like a daggar to the heart.

mission
02-09-2011, 08:47 PM

Only good thing about him having a relatively horrible postseason is that we might actually be able to retain him as a #2.5 receiver (post DD) with #2.5 receiver kinda money.

And if not .......... ?? He's just a dick and we don't want him anyway. He's gotta be realistic here.

Things aren't going to get better for him catching passes from Tim Tebow or something. #12 is a WR career "maximizer".

97+% of the WRs and TEs around the league would die to catch passes from the SBMVP.

Bretsky
02-09-2011, 08:50 PM
those are good points mission.

Think if he caught those two passes for TD's in the playoffs.....household name as a clutch playoff receiver and gamechanger..perhaps.

I wonder if we could retain him for 2.5-3.5 MIL per year on a four year deal ?

MJZiggy
02-09-2011, 08:54 PM
There's the drop that kills me. Not that it wasn't hard, but still. That would have just iced it.

MJZiggy
02-09-2011, 08:55 PM
I like that: Jennings - "I love our defense. I don't like putting them in this position every single game."

SMBASS
02-09-2011, 08:58 PM
IMO that drop in the Super Bowl had more overall effect on the game than any other play. First series of the 2nd half that play goes for a TD and we're up 18 again. We just came back out and hit them right in the mouth with a big play after they scored to end the first half and I think it would have taken a lot of the fight out of Steelers. Instead it just opened the gates and unleashed the hounds of nail-biting hell for the next 29 minutes.

mission
02-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Think if he caught those two passes for TD's in the playoffs.....household name as a clutch playoff receiver and gamechanger..perhaps.

I wonder if we could retain him for 2.5-3.5 MIL per year on a four year deal ?

Exactly! He catches those and he's a semi-hero, mentioned in the same breath as Jennings as far as impact this postseason. Easy #2 or even #1 (Cleveland? Chicago?) perception as someone who didn't statistically stand out because of the talent in our corps.

2.5-3.5 with escalators sounds like a fair deal but he's probably looking for something in the 5-6 range based on some locker room comments before the post season (so maybe that's changed) ... didn't Berrian get 7+? I'd go as high as 4mil a year with a potential for 5-7mil if he hits 90 catches or 1000 yards/10 tds to feed his self-image that he's a #1.

easy cheesy
02-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Re-watching the game knowing that we win... awesome.... having to listen to Joe Buck and Troy again... completely lame... The "Buckster" just needs to take a "duck" under the desk already and blow Troy...Troy won't notice... too many concussions.... the "Buckster" will fulfilll his dream... he always looks like he's about to plant a big wet one on Troy anyway... but Troy is oblivious....

mmmdk
02-10-2011, 06:50 AM
I missed a re-run of the SB early monday morning but will get another chance on sunday - nice dvd for the collection :smile:

Oh and with Americano announcers & in HD. Yet I don't thinks it's Troy...I thought I read it was Theisman & someone???

Lurker64
02-10-2011, 09:17 AM
I missed a re-run of the SB early monday morning but will get another chance on sunday - nice dvd for the collection :smile:

Oh and with Americano announcers & in HD. Yet I don't thinks it's Troy...I thought I read it was Theisman & someone???

The FOX TV Broadcast was Joe Buck and Troy Aikman. Theisman used to work on MNF, but now I think he works on the radio? I'm not sure.

pbmax
02-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Wasn't Jordy's first drop early a TD if he catches it? And he didn't even to jump/dive for it.

Little Whiskey
02-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Wasn't Jordy's first drop early a TD if he catches it? And he didn't even to jump/dive for it.

could have been maybe. the defender was close to him.

mission
02-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Lucky I had to be home and watch the baby for a couple hours this afternoon... lines up perfectly with another replay. 3x SB for me now :)

vince
02-10-2011, 01:14 PM
NFL Replay is the friggin' bomb. It's awesome being able to hear Driver cheer on his boys, Matthews call out the play before he blows it up, etc.

Freak Out
02-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Someone mentioned in another thread that Jones needs to spend his off season working with Fitz and Jennings (?) down in PHX. He does that and starts catching those gifts Rodgers throws him he is a FORCE in GB for years. The guy has crazy physical skills but ends up breaking hearts far to often with his drops.

denverYooper
02-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Someone mentioned in another thread that Jones needs to spend his off season working with Fitz and Jennings (?) down in PHX. He does that and starts catching those gifts Rodgers throws him he is a FORCE in GB for years. The guy has crazy physical skills but ends up breaking hearts far to often with his drops.

I mentioned it and originally thought it was Finley, but you're right that it was Jennings who went to work with Fitz. Jerry Rice and Cris Carter "coached" that receiver camp in 2009. I hope Jones and Jordy both get an opportunity to do it.

Here's a link to a 2009 SI article on it: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/jim_trotter/07/16/wrs/index.html

mission
02-10-2011, 01:50 PM
NFL Replay is the friggin' bomb. It's awesome being able to hear Driver cheer on his boys, Matthews call out the play before he blows it up, etc.

Yeah that play where Mendenhall fumbled was great to hear the talk there between the players... I also liked the slow motion on the fumble recovery. Ball flips over and you think it might hit on a point and then it just stays flat and bounces perfectly straight up so Bishop could recover. And damn, if you don't think Jennings is INTO the game!! Wow, I love his emotion.

Looking forward to the SB Sound FX premier tonight at 8pm EST and hearing some new sound bites.

Little Whiskey
02-10-2011, 03:03 PM
I just finished watching the replay that i DVR'd. Its a good thing i was drunk during the superbowl, because i couldn't have taken those drops! Hell i was nervous watching the replay

mission
02-10-2011, 07:08 PM
wow SoundFX is on NFLN right now going through the entire game... some great stuff in here so far. matthews as always is gold.

mission
02-10-2011, 07:15 PM
They just showed a replay on one of Starks' early runs outside where Bulaga absolutely pancaked Woodley .. I never noticed on the original broadcast. Best run block I've seen from a Packer in awhile.