PDA

View Full Version : jordy injured his knee...

gbgary
02-11-2011, 11:36 AM
in the forth quarter and kept playing. way to go jordy!

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b8aza

SkinBasket
02-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Article says he hurt his sac. Probably on James Jones' face.

Fritz
02-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Article says he hurt his sac. Probably on James Jones' face.

Are you suggesting James Jones can catch with his mouth??

Cheesehead Craig
02-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Jordy's going to become the next Donald Driver. The tough guy who plays through pain, works his ass off, and makes the big catch over the middle. And we'll all wonder how the hell he just gets open.

Joemailman
02-11-2011, 05:27 PM
I'm not buying it. Jordy's a media whore.

gbgary
02-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Jordy's going to become the next Donald Driver. The tough guy who plays through pain, works his ass off, and makes the big catch over the middle. And we'll all wonder how the hell he just gets open.

he's fast and runs good routes.

rbaloha1
02-11-2011, 08:17 PM
he's fast and runs good routes.

Agree -- deceptively fast. Still drops too many passes to be DD's successor.

MJZiggy
02-11-2011, 08:22 PM

Makes me wonder if any of those passes were dropped because of his knee.

Bossman641
02-11-2011, 08:24 PM

Have you seen DD lately? Not exactly sure-handed

gbgary
02-11-2011, 08:25 PM

he'll come around. i think jones will too. the spotlight on these drops was/is intense. i think they'll both be better next year because of it.

HarveyWallbangers
03-07-2011, 12:00 PM
From JSO:

On another matter, I thought I'd relay this story coach Mike McCarthy told me at the scouting combine about wide receiver Jordy Nelson.

He said the bursa sac injury Nelson suffered in his left knee was worse than most people thought and definitely affected him on the Packers' final scoring drive when they settled for a field goal. If you remember, QB Aaron Rodgers threw a corner route to Nelson on third and goal from the 5-yard line and the ball skimmed off the receiver's hands..

McCarthy said he watched the tape several times and that it was obvious that Nelson could not push off his left leg the way he normally would and, if he weren't injured, would have caught the pass for a touchdown, giving the Packers a 10-point lead.

Nelson will be fine - the injury heals on its own - but McCarthy said it was bad enough that Nelson was taken in a wheel chair to the team plane after the game.

channtheman
03-07-2011, 12:02 PM
What a stud... though I wonder if it actually hurt us if he couldn't push off.

RashanGary
03-07-2011, 12:03 PM
I was wrong on Jones/Nelson :) For what that's worth to ya, Harvey. They're about equal. Jordy's steadiness makes him my favorite of the two now.

swede
03-07-2011, 12:06 PM
He'll be fine after an offseason back home. On the Nelson farm they put those joint injuries in a cow vagina and it feels good.

According to the cows anyway.

Patler
03-07-2011, 12:10 PM
So Nelson was in a wheelchair and then on crutches a couple days after the game, but still played.

...and Cutler "couldn't go" in the second half of the NFC Championship game, but was seen out that night walking without a limp. The Bears can make their excuses all they want. I'm glad Cutler is theirs and not ours, and I suspect there are some players on the Bears who question his desire.

Freak Out
03-07-2011, 12:33 PM
The will to win.

Cheesehead Craig
03-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Nelson = Donald Driver part II.

Smeefers
03-07-2011, 02:10 PM
So Nelson was in a wheelchair and then on crutches a couple days after the game, but still played.

...and Cutler "couldn't go" in the second half of the NFC Championship game, but was seen out that night walking without a limp. The Bears can make their excuses all they want. I'm glad Cutler is theirs and not ours, and I suspect there are some players on the Bears who question his desire.

C'mon, Jordy was playing in the Super bowl, not some lousy useless who cares NFC championship game that wont be talked about for years to come, perhaps even more than the super bowl, by the respective fans at least.

Little Whiskey
03-07-2011, 04:14 PM

thats kinda premature.

gbgary
03-07-2011, 07:08 PM

and climbing stairs. he's a dog. urlacher had it right the first time!

red
03-07-2011, 07:23 PM
nelson=gritty football player/packer

cutler= pussy

jordy had a pretty decent injury and you never would have known it, no limping, no nothing. and with that injury he sucked it up and had one of the biggest plays of the year

he also seems to be in the same mold as driver and jennings. they said during the return to titletown celebration that jordy had the whole WR corps at his farm in the off season for an awesome bonding experience. those are the types of players you love to have on your team

guys a keeper. it think he and jenning will made a damn good 1-2 in a year or 2. we still need decent 3's and 4's though

rbaloha1
03-07-2011, 09:00 PM
thats kinda premature.

Agreed. Nelson still drops too many passes.

Tarlam!
03-08-2011, 02:03 AM
nelson=gritty football player/packer

cutler= pussy / Bear

Fixed

SnakeLH2006
03-08-2011, 02:45 AM
Are you suggesting James Jones can catch with his mouth??

If that is a prerequisite to being a good WR....Snake's tasty ass G-friend could make millions. She does it every day with an eager smile. Snake is a lucky man. She caught a touchdown this morning....and again
30 min. ago. That's an all-star!!! Go Pack and fuck Jordy...he sucks.

Iron Mike
03-08-2011, 06:59 AM
How is he running with a bursa sac injury? Look at this white boy holdin' this $#!t, tho......Dawg, he put the team on his back. Let's go inside the mind of a Jordy Nelson....brrrbrrrrbrrrrbrrbrrrr....

"Dawg, I gotta do dis $#!t.......I put the team on my &^ck!# back, tho. My bursa sac's torn--I don't know how the &^ck I'm runnin' right now, tho. I'll do this &#!t for M3." *pant pant* "Oh, $#!t, Troy Polamalu--one of the most hardest-hittin' safties in the league....."

swede
03-08-2011, 07:18 AM
In continuing the parody...
"Mikey has left x-box live."
"&^@! you, Mikey!"

Cheesehead Craig
03-08-2011, 10:09 AM

thats kinda premature.

Agreed. Nelson still drops too many passes.

It's never too early to crown someone as an awesome player on the internet.

And let's not pretend that Driver hasn't had some drop issues himself.

HarveyWallbangers
03-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Actually, I think Driver and Jones have had the most drops the last few years. Nelson joined them this year, but it hasn't been a huge issue previously. I know one year he only dropped one pass according to one of the magazine hacks.

Tarlam!
03-08-2011, 01:20 PM
I've heard a few TV talking heads during games say Favre threw catchable passes whereas Rodgers' touch isn't as finely tuned, meaning less catchable passes on occasion. I'm not talking about balls like the one Jones dropped that fell into his lap when he was streaking down the right sideline 2 yards in front of the defender (forget the game).

Now, I know how hard Nutz can throw a football (hard!) and he knows I can catch well (away from the body) and some of those throws seemed more catchable to me and I'm sure the drops he thought I should have caught. But when it comes to making a comparison on whether or not Rodgers' passes are too hard, well I'd just embaress myself.

I'd be interested in others' views on how many drops are down to "catchability".