PDA

View Full Version : 2nd time through

SkinBasket
02-11-2011, 09:12 PM
I decided to watch the game again while cleaning the guns. A couple things struck me near the end of the half. First, Bush needs to get in fucking shape. After giving up the TD he was practically puking on himself. He's obviously been conditioning himself for the short burst of the return game, but what the fuck? Looked like Deshawn Wynn out there.

Second, Raji was hungry motherfucking Mungry out there at the end of the half, eating OL left and right and busting right up into the pocket. Hopefully he doesn't eat people in the offseason and comes back ready to take his deserved pro bowl berth.

Good fucking Jesus was that halftime show disgustingly bad. I find it hard to believe that America wouldn't be more entertained by a punt pass and kick competition with kids during halftime than these egomasturbatorial mega-shows that simply suck cock.

Maybe I'll watch the 2nd half later this week. Or not.

pbmax
02-11-2011, 11:22 PM
"short burst of the return game"

You do know he is a gunner on punt coverage? That's 40 yards vertically plus another 20 or more when the 2 guys beating on you shove you out of bounds.

Cheesehead Craig
02-11-2011, 11:30 PM
He's been mostly a special teamer all season and then got put into playing a lot more D along with keeping his special team duties too. I can cut him some slack.

vince
02-12-2011, 07:01 AM
He was hyperventilating because he so didn't want it to happen again - against the Steelers no less.

Fritz
02-12-2011, 07:55 AM
How about a celebrity punt pass and kick for the next halftime show?

RashanGary
02-12-2011, 07:55 AM
Maybe he's not conditioned to play that much.

TravisWilliams23
02-12-2011, 08:11 AM
Why not a top ranked college marching band?

It seems to work for Friday night and Saturday football games why wouldn't it work for the Super Bowl?

swede
02-12-2011, 08:59 AM
How about a celebrity punt pass and kick for the next halftime show?

Hey, combine that with a series of wardrobe malfunctions and you are ON to something!

Little Whiskey
02-12-2011, 09:09 AM
I know this isn't the Bush thread, but i was watching the break down of his pick. he played the wrong receiver. he was supposed to cover the TE. He let the TE run free. if Ben makes the right read, its a TD instead of a Pick.

Lurker64
02-12-2011, 09:42 AM
I know this isn't the Bush thread, but i was watching the break down of his pick. he played the wrong receiver. he was supposed to cover the TE. He let the TE run free. if Ben makes the right read, its a TD instead of a Pick.

It's arguable that the reason he went where he did was that he was reading the QB's eyes, and Ben had locked in on whoever the intended target was on that play.

pbmax
02-12-2011, 11:54 AM

McGinn said Woodson blew the coverage on the TE. But Capers/Perry/Whitt teach route concepts (see formation, see receiver patterns, expect ball to go to a predictable spot) so both could have been reading the routes and adjusted accordingly.

Little Whiskey
02-12-2011, 11:58 AM
McGinn said Woodson blew the coverage on the TE. But Capers/Perry/Whitt teach route concepts (see formation, see receiver patterns, expect ball to go to a predictable spot) so both could have been reading the routes and adjusted accordingly.

bogus! woodson never makes a mistake!!

pbmax
02-12-2011, 12:03 PM
bogus! woodson never makes a mistake!!

Mistake? Of course not. I think it was a calculated gamble. :)

gbgary
02-12-2011, 02:31 PM

i heard them say it was a lucky mistake on inside the nfl but if you look at bush he's reading ben. he goes with his man for a second and sees ben keying on the short crossing route and jumps it.

Joemailman
02-12-2011, 04:53 PM
I guess if Bush makes the INT it was a lucky mistake, but if Woodson or T-Will make it, it's a great adjustment.

prime311
02-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Speaking of halftime I think it was Cramp and Adler said Green Day was the best Super Bowl band thats never played halftime. Yes please, I'm not even a huge Green Day fan but I think they'd be great. As to the Bush int, the way he drove in to the ball was a classic good play. Ben tried to back shoulder it and wasn't expecting Bush to cover there. The only mistake was even throwing it to him.

pbmax
02-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Skin, here is some more tape you can study to help break down the 2nd half.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1W3P16eBPc&feature=player_embedded