PDA

View Full Version : Legit backup QB or halftime show?

greensled
02-13-2011, 02:47 PM
This guy's accuracy is pretty amazing. Arm strength has to be pretty good to be making those throws sitting down. Worth drafting?

greensled
02-13-2011, 02:47 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/video/college-football?vid=75054393-9606-4ad2-ae34-a0063a4f7874&from=en-us_msnhp&gt1=39002

MJZiggy
02-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Isn't there a video like this in every draft of some kid doing party tricks in an empty practice facility? What was his completion percentage in games? What's his mobility like when he's under pressure? How are his reads and progressions? How many of the balls thrown into that trash can would have been intercepted because he was only watching the trash can and missed the safety jumping the trash can's route? I'm not saying he shouldn't be drafted, but there's more to player selection than trick throws in an empty gym.

Joemailman
02-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Wasn't Jamarcus Russell able to throw the ball 60 yards while sitting down? Maybe Al Davis will draft this guy.

Fritz
02-13-2011, 05:11 PM
And don't forget, Najeh Davenport could crap in a laundry basket and block a linebacker at the same time.

red
02-13-2011, 05:34 PM
he's not in the draft so i don't think this is an attempt to get drafted, he was a sophmore last year i think. no matter what he was he was only the backup

guys has crazy accuracy, but he looks pretty short. those throws at the cans from 30 and 40 yards seemed to take a long time to get there

it doesn't matter how accurate you are in the nfl, you have to have a cannon too to make it

you can also see his hands aren't the biggest, at a few times you can see when he grips it his hands don't quite go half way around the ball.

mine are the same way, i can tell you from first hand knowledge, i am very accurate trowing an easy ball, and up to 30 yards i can make a ball whistle, but if i try to trow a bullet over 30 yards there's no telling where its going. IMO that comes from the smaller hands and not being able to grip the ball like a guy like favre who has massive hands

and don't worry packer rat ladies, i can please the lady folks just fine :P, even with the smaller hands

gbgary
02-13-2011, 07:13 PM
pretty entertaining

The Shadow
02-13-2011, 07:54 PM
That guy who could jump out of a swimming pool is not exactly excelling in the NFL.

NewsBruin
02-13-2011, 08:00 PM
If he can do it during a passrush and not tip off the DB's where it's going, he's gold.

Smidgeon
02-13-2011, 09:37 PM
It was entertaining, but the only clips that impressed me were the ones where he hit three parts of the goalposts in one continuous camera shot, knocked the things off his friend's head at 10yards and 20yards, and tossed a ball in over his head from the three point range then threw one into the far net. The rest could he could have missed over and over and over and hit once, but we don't know because of how it was shot. Entertaining nonetheless, however.

Guiness
02-13-2011, 09:56 PM
That guy who could jump out of a swimming pool is not exactly excelling in the NFL.

and Al Bundy could jump over a Mustang going 50mph

RashanGary
02-13-2011, 10:27 PM
It was entertaining, but the only clips that impressed me were the ones where he hit three parts of the goalposts in one continuous camera shot, knocked the things off his friend's head at 10yards and 20yards, and tossed a ball in over his head from the three point range then threw one into the far net. The rest could he could have missed over and over and over and hit once, but we don't know because of how it was shot. Entertaining nonetheless, however.

Yep