PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with the Packer website?

Patler
02-13-2011, 04:54 PM
The first page has a picture of a silly looking metal football on top of a tall skinny pyramid.

What's up with that??? :lol: :lol:

MJZiggy
02-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Dunno. For some reason for the last week, the site keeps wanting me to buy stuff...

Fritz
02-13-2011, 05:08 PM
I don't know where to put this bit, so I'll put it here:

I was so convinced, having been a Packer fan for so many years, that Pittsburgh was going to drive down the field to say the Packers' 20 yard line with maybe eleven seconds left. I thought for sure it'd come right down to that.

So on that third and five, and then fourth and five, I wasn't even getting my hopes up at all. So when that pass dropped incomplete on fourth and five and no yellow flags came out, I was in absolute shock. I didn't know what to do for about five seconds. It was weird.

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about the fact I attended a game during the Packers' championship year this year, but it was perhaps the shittiest game of the season - the Detroit loss. I saw my beloved Super Bowl winning Packers during their year...and they sucked in that game.

MJZiggy
02-13-2011, 05:11 PM

I was so convinced, having been a Packer fan for so many years, that Pittsburgh was going to drive down the field to say the Packers' 20 yard line with maybe eleven seconds left. I thought for sure it'd come right down to that.

So on that third and five, and then fourth and five, I wasn't even getting my hopes up at all. So when that pass dropped incomplete on fourth and five and no yellow flags came out, I was in absolute shock. I didn't know what to do for about five seconds. It was weird.

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about the fact I attended a game during the Packers' championship year this year, but it was perhaps the shittiest game of the season - the Detroit loss. I saw my beloved Super Bowl winning Packers during their year...and they sucked in that game.

You should feel that you should never attend a game when they're still in the running for the division...

denverYooper
02-13-2011, 05:48 PM
The first page has a picture of a silly looking metal football on top of a tall skinny pyramid.

What's up with that??? :lol: :lol:

Illuminati

red
02-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Illuminati

freemasons / knights templar

the "ufo on top of a pyramid is am ancient stone mason symbol it was ment to show how aliens built the pyramids

its also proof that the ancient organization runs and controls the outcome of all nfl games

it also helps explain what the seemingly random letters are after the words "super bowl"

MJZiggy
02-13-2011, 07:08 PM
Doesn't that require more of a pyramid?

red
02-13-2011, 07:11 PM
Doesn't that require more of a pyramid?

its an ancient three sided pyramid that was at the center of atlantis

Freak Out
02-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Red is the Pope.

swede
02-13-2011, 11:48 PM

My feelings closely mirrored yours. The rhythm of that game was strange. After the Steelers out and out won the 3rd quarter I spent most of the 4th quarter watching the clock--every stoppage was agony and I cheered every tackle in bounds as if it were a sack or a ten yard run. The Steelers were only one completed TD pass from breaking our hearts and the anxiety of that knowledge had my sphincter locked up so tight I don't think I peed until Tuesday.

The ending of the game felt as if I needed to have Ed Hochuli explain it: "By rule the offensive team has failed to achieve a first down by moving the football ten yards from the original spot of the ball in four downs. Possession of the ball is now awarded to Green Bay. Green Bay may choose to kneel down and run out the clock. By doing so the game will end. Since the score board indicates that Green Bay is ahead by a score of 31 to 25 they will be declared the winner. Since this game is the championship Green Bay will be declared world champions, or, in other words, the winners of the Super Bowl."

swede: We won? We win?

Patler
02-14-2011, 12:23 AM

My feelings closely mirrored yours. The rhythm of that game was strange. After the Steelers out and out won the 3rd quarter I spent most of the 4th quarter watching the clock--every stoppage was agony and I cheered every tackle in bounds as if it were a sack or a ten yard run. The Steelers were only one completed TD pass from breaking our hearts and the anxiety of that knowledge had my sphincter locked up so tight I don't think I peed until Tuesday.

The ending of the game felt as if I needed to have Ed Hochuli explain it: "By rule the offensive team has failed to achieve a first down by moving the football ten yards from the original spot of the ball in four downs. Possession of the ball is now awarded to Green Bay. Green Bay may choose to kneel down and run out the clock. By doing so the game will end. Since the score board indicates that Green Bay is ahead by a score of 31 to 25 they will be declared the winner. Since this game is the championship Green Bay will be declared world champions, or, in other words, the winners of the Super Bowl."

swede: We won? We win?

I felt that way about the season as much as about the Super Bowl.

Going into the season, I thought a long playoff run was likely; but, then injuries hit and by midseason I gave them no chance. The loss to Detroit sealed the deal. Too bad, it just wasn't their year. Sure, they still had a chance to make the playoffs, but that wasn't going to happen because more players would go down. Even if they did, so what? With half the team on IR they MIGHT win the wildcard game, but that's all. Nothing beyond that made much sense.

We all knew they just wouldn't have enough horses left by the end of the season, Mike Vick kills them anyway, so that would be it. But then, wow, they won. Gee, lucky them, Atlanta in Atlanta. If they only had a few of those guys from IR, they could win this game. Too bad. What? They kicked ass? Wow!

But those damn lucky Bears! Everything has fallen in place for them all year, then they get the Seahawks as their only playoff game before the NFC Championship. UNBELIEVABLE. How can the Packers compete against the football gods when they have obviously made up their minds to smile on Chicago for some unknown reason?

Did they really win that game? The Bears really became the Bears for that one playoff game against Green Bay. Neat. They get to go to the Super Bowl. If only Finley hadn't gotten hurt........

Then, they go up 14-0 in a flash, but Shields goes out and I gulped. That's a HUGE loss. This could now be the Arizona game all over again. WHAT? WOODSON TOO? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? What did the Packers do to deserve this cruel trick. To get so far, and jump to a big enough lead that they could win, only to lose their defense to injuries while receivers are dropping balls left and right. It really isn't fair! To come this close, and then be hamstrung.

Oh it didn't matter, gee, cool, they hung on and won.
Yup they won the super bowl.
What, they Won the Super Bowl?
Holy crap!
THEY WON THE SUPER BOWL ! ! ! ! (It was Monday before this really hit me.)

VermontPackFan
02-14-2011, 07:29 AM
freemasons / knights templar

the "ufo on top of a pyramid is am ancient stone mason symbol it was ment to show how aliens built the pyramids

its also proof that the ancient organization runs and controls the outcome of all nfl games

it also helps explain what the seemingly random letters are after the words "super bowl"

"The dude abides"

pbmax
02-14-2011, 07:47 AM
I had a similar delayed reaction. For both the Bear game and the Super Bowl, the slowdown in their offensive play in the second half was painful to watch. Versus the Bears, they only need to hit one score to put that team away for good and they just couldn't get past that D. Plus Rodgers got his bell rung by Peppers (my money is still on concussion from that hit). By the time the game was over, I was equal parts frustrated and elated.

In the Super Bowl, it was worse because injuries clearly put the Pittsburgh passing game back into play making their O more dangerous than Caleb "Freaking" Hanie. Rodgers got the huge score after Mendenhall's fumble and that lifted spirits until BenR went right back down to score again. Rodgers and M3 finally got a nice clock killing drive but again, any sense of relief was blasted by the failure to score a TD and settling for a FG. Initially, I was prepared for the worst (I couldn't even remember how many times they has stopped Pitts in the second half) even though there were less than 2 minutes and only one TO. After the first two plays (and 20 yards) I felt far better. Less than a minute remained with one TO and the Packers seemed to be holding out against the sidelines. At this point, I thought any reasonably competent defense could hold them out of the endzone.

By the time the game ends, it was relief more than elation for the next couple of hours.

red
02-14-2011, 09:08 AM
"The dude abides"

fucking-a man

VermontPackFan
02-14-2011, 11:14 AM
fucking-a man

:)

Smidgeon
02-14-2011, 11:28 AM
deleted.