PDA

View Full Version : Madden Cover

Brando19
02-13-2011, 09:07 PM
I really think Rodgers should get it this year. If not Rodgers, then Clay. I don't believe in the Madden curse so I'm not worried about the injury part of it.

mission
02-13-2011, 09:08 PM
I disagree at all costs.

I'm not superstitious; just a little stitious.

Little Whiskey
02-13-2011, 09:09 PM
I disagree at all costs.

I'm not superstitious; just a little stitious.

this!

Brandon494
02-13-2011, 09:31 PM
I really think Rodgers should get it this year. If not Rodgers, then Clay. I don't believe in the Madden curse so I'm not worried about the injury part of it.

I never want to see any Packer player on the cover of Madden.

MJZiggy
02-13-2011, 09:37 PM
I never want to see any Packer player on the cover of Madden.

Tom Brady. League MVP should really go on the cover, no?

Little Whiskey
02-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Tom Brady. League MVP should really go on the cover, no?

YES! (he's due for another leg injury)

Lurker64
02-13-2011, 09:41 PM
Nothing to do with the cover, but my ritual with Madden is that I buy a copy only when the Packers win the Superbowl. My Sega Genesis and games are in storage, and I don't really want to go get them to figure out what I did in 96-97... so should I buy the current edition of Madden ('11) or wait for the new one?

Smidgeon
02-13-2011, 09:53 PM
I stopped buying Madden games (after 6 or 7 consecutive years) when they stopped selling it for the PC.

mission
02-13-2011, 09:57 PM
Nothing to do with the cover, but my ritual with Madden is that I buy a copy only when the Packers win the Superbowl. My Sega Genesis and games are in storage, and I don't really want to go get them to figure out what I did in 96-97... so should I buy the current edition of Madden ('11) or wait for the new one?

Wait for the new one so you can have the updated rosters and the ability to continuously get new ones. You of all people will appreciate that. :)

mission
02-13-2011, 09:58 PM
I stopped buying Madden games (after 6 or 7 consecutive years) when they stopped selling it for the PC.

I hated those old PC versions. So bad.

Prefer me some Front Office Football for PC stuff. Anyone ever play that?

Brando19
02-13-2011, 10:46 PM
The curse is silly. I want ARod on the cover! That way when my friends (none of them like the Packers) buy a copy of Madden and go to play it...he is on the cover AND on the main menu screen. lol

channtheman
02-13-2011, 10:47 PM
I'm not superstitious but it can't hurt. NO to the Madden cover AT ALL COSTS!

TennesseePackerBacker
02-14-2011, 02:13 AM
The curse is silly. I want ARod on the cover! That way when my friends (none of them like the Packers) buy a copy of Madden and go to play it...he is on the cover AND on the main menu screen. lol

And in the intro video! I love it! I only have one other Packer friend myself. Sweet victory.

Little Whiskey
02-14-2011, 06:32 AM
I hated those old PC versions. So bad.

Prefer me some Front Office Football for PC stuff. Anyone ever play that?

front office football or front page sports football? I played a bunch of FPS. it gave you franchise options before madden could even think of it. game play wasnt as good but i like the franchise. I might have to dig it up online and download it!

Little Whiskey
02-14-2011, 06:34 AM

Wait for the new one so you can have the updated rosters and the ability to continuously get new ones. You of all people will appreciate that. :)

you can download new rosters now. but i'm going to guess that once next year rolls around you will be SOL.

pack4to84
02-14-2011, 11:03 AM
front office football or front page sports football? I played a bunch of FPS. it gave you franchise options before madden could even think of it. game play wasnt as good but i like the franchise. I might have to dig it up online and download it!

I have played both Front Office Football and Front Page Football. I own every version of Front Page Football.

gbgary
02-14-2011, 11:20 AM
YES! (he's due (brady) for another leg injury)

lol

Little Whiskey
02-14-2011, 11:22 AM
i never knew about front office football. for 24bucks, i might have to take a look!

mission
02-14-2011, 11:47 AM
i never knew about front office football. for 24bucks, i might have to take a look!

yeah man!

in 1999, i actually started a website called FOF central that became the "packerrats" for the video game. the site is still alive and kicking today (i gave the site up)_ with the same guys from 11-12 years ago. i haven't played it in years but think im gonna pick up a copy this afternoon and do some gm'ing/simming.

Here's the forum now (lost the domain name i see): http://operationsports.com/fofc/index.php
Make sure you get the utility pack that's free. Helps out and makes the game look a bit better

I do remember playing the old FPS series on my 486 pc back in the day... from a stat/gm/management standpoint, there's no game historically better than FOF tho.

Cheesehead Craig
02-14-2011, 01:51 PM
yeah man!

in 1999, i actually started a website called FOF central that became the "packerrats" for the video game. the site is still alive and kicking today (i gave the site up)_ with the same guys from 11-12 years ago. i haven't played it in years but think im gonna pick up a copy this afternoon and do some gm'ing/simming.

Here's the forum now (lost the domain name i see): http://operationsports.com/fofc/index.php
Make sure you get the utility pack that's free. Helps out and makes the game look a bit better

I do remember playing the old FPS series on my 486 pc back in the day... from a stat/gm/management standpoint, there's no game historically better than FOF tho.
That was you?

I've been playing FOF for almost 5 years now. Currently in 2 leagues.

mission
02-14-2011, 02:36 PM
That was you?

I've been playing FOF for almost 5 years now. Currently in 2 leagues.

Yeah, I'm 'Tony' from back in the day when the site was FOFCentral.com. Not sure if you remember SportPlanet.com but I ran that for GameSpy and hosted most of the top sports game fan sites before GameSpy sold out to IGN (and I lost my job). FOF Central was a little pet project and I wrote most of the original strategy with guys like SlyDog, Quiksand and the like... not even sure who's running it now. Got to go to an Angels game with FOF creator, Jim Gindin, and pick his brain a bit. Good times... this will be the first copy I've actually paid for but I probably owe him that now. :)

I'd like to get in a league eventually; hopefully I can get back into the game... thought about it last night when I was fiending some football and firing up Out of the Park Baseball didn't seem very exciting.

How *is* FOF 07? I hear some of the draft AI with WR/QBs is a little quirky but a few house rules can balance it out. Any particular house rules you feel are necessary in the most recent game?

Cheesehead Craig
02-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I'm 'Tony' from back in the day when the site was FOFCentral.com. Not sure if you remember SportPlanet.com but I ran that for GameSpy and hosted most of the top sports game fan sites before GameSpy sold out to IGN (and I lost my job). FOF Central was a little pet project and I wrote most of the original strategy with guys like SlyDog, Quiksand and the like... not even sure who's running it now. Got to go to an Angels game with FOF creator, Jim Gindin, and pick his brain a bit. Good times... this will be the first copy I've actually paid for but I probably owe him that now. :)

I'd like to get in a league eventually; hopefully I can get back into the game... thought about it last night when I was fiending some football and firing up Out of the Park Baseball didn't seem very exciting.

How *is* FOF 07? I hear some of the draft AI with WR/QBs is a little quirky but a few house rules can balance it out. Any particular house rules you feel are necessary in the most recent game?
I like it and you just need to get used to how some things work. I didn't know about the draft AI with WR/QBs thing.

My biggest complaint is that the starting RB doesn't seem to get enough carries. Too often one sees the starting and backup RB get similar # of carries when the starter is set to play like 85% of the plays.

House rules in regards to contracts are almost always necessary. Would be nice if the player would only take the minimum years of a contract that they demand. Would stop the exploit of getting a guy for 1 yr with a major deal, franchise him the next and sign him to a long term cheaper deal.

mmmdk
02-14-2011, 05:19 PM
I want Mason Crosby on the forthcoming Madden cover!

Smidgeon
02-14-2011, 05:22 PM
I want Mason Crosby on the forthcoming Madden cover!

Justin Harrell. Maybe that way the curse will work in reverse. If not, the Pack really isn't out anything...