02-14-2011, 10:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkYS8DXcMew&feature=player_embedded

Patler
02-14-2011, 11:20 AM
What the hell was that?
Did she have a stroke on camera?

Patler
02-14-2011, 11:40 AM
Apparently there is/was concern that she did have a stroke. Reports differ as to whether she was hospitalized or just checked out.

Kiwon
02-14-2011, 12:15 PM
What the hell was that?
Did she have a stroke on camera?

I wondered the same thing. Seems like there was a short in the system somewhere connected to her speech center. Kinda strange since she was so alert and bright-eyed.

red
02-14-2011, 12:19 PM
was that the girl from the miss america pageant?

the "such as" girl?

channtheman
02-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Is the video posted somewhere else online? Youtube pulled it...

red
02-14-2011, 04:47 PM
do a search for serene branson

thats her name, should be able to find lots of videos of it

Cleft Crusty
02-14-2011, 08:55 PM
As a survivor of at least forty-two similar episodes, I can tell you that this is no laughing matter. I'd be happy to lend some blood thinner if she needs it.

HowardRoark
02-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Paul Magers is looking a little older and fatter.

Agreed that this is no laughing matter. As a fellow stroke survivor (and this was not a stroke) she should at the least start taking an aspirin every day. If this ever happens to you.......try to smile, if you can't; you're in trouble.

SkinBasket
02-14-2011, 09:21 PM
Via the local CBS affiliate:

As many of you know CBS2 reporter Serene Branson experienced some health-related problems last night during our post-Grammys newscast.

She was examined by paramedics on scene immediately after her broadcast. Her vital signs were normal. She was not hospitalized.

As a precautionary measure, a colleague gave her a ride home. And while Serene says she is feeling better today, she wants us to know she followed-up with a visit to the doctor for some medical tests.

Serene thanks everyone for their concern and good wishes and hopes to be back on the air very soon.

Sometimes that meth just sneaks right up and bites your ass. Or your speech center.

red
02-14-2011, 10:58 PM
so she didn't have a serious medical disaster, she just fucked up, big time

can we all laugh now?

she fucked up, then continued to fuck up worse, then started to cry, then she tried to blame it on a stroke and got her bluff called by the doctors

LOL, fuck her, that shit was hilarious

the only way that video could have been any better is if one of her tits just happened to pop out while she was stuttering her career away

channtheman
02-15-2011, 10:56 AM
so she didn't have a serious medical disaster, she just fucked up, big time

can we all laugh now?

she fucked up, then continued to fuck up worse, then started to cry, then she tried to blame it on a stroke and got her bluff called by the doctors

LOL, fuck her, that shit was hilarious

the only way that video could have been any better is if one of her tits just happened to pop out while she was stuttering her career away

:lol: Stupid bitch.

Kiwon
02-18-2011, 07:34 AM
An explanation.

.................................................. .................

TV reporter speaks about speech problem at Grammys

LOS ANGELES – A TV reporter who lapsed into gibberish during a live shot outside the Grammys said she was terrified when it happened and knew something was wrong as soon as she opened her mouth.

KCBS-TV reporter Serene Branson's incoherence Sunday fueled Internet speculation that she suffered an on-air stroke. But doctors at the University of California, Los Angeles where she went to get a brain scan and blood work done ruled it out. Doctors said she suffered a type of migraine that can mimic symptoms of a stroke.

Branson told the station in an interview Thursday that she "started to get a really bad headache" but assumed she was just tired.

"At around 10 o'clock that night I was sitting in the live truck with my field producer and the photographer and I was starting to look at some of my notes," she said. "I started to think, the words on the page are blurry and I could notice that my thoughts were not forming the way they normally do."

"As soon as I opened my mouth I knew something was wrong.," Branson said. "I was having trouble . remembering the word for Grammy," she said. "I knew what I wanted to say but I didn't have the words to say it."

The station quickly cut away, and she was examined by paramedics and recovered at home.

Most people with migraines don't have any warning. But about 20 to 30 percent experience sensations before or during a migraine attack.

"A migraine is not just a headache. It's a complicated brain event," said UCLA neurologist Dr. Andrew Charles, who examined Branson.

The most common sensations include seeing flashes of light or zigzag patterns. In Branson's case, she felt numbness on the right side of her face that affected her speech, Charles said.

"She was actually having the headache while she was having these other symptoms," he said.

Branson told doctors she's had migraines since a child, but never suffered an episode like this before, Charles said.

Branson, a Los Angeles native and two-time Emmy nominee, worked at the CBS affiliate in Sacramento before joining KCBS. Prior to that, she was a reporter and anchor at TV stations in Palm Springs and Santa Barbara.

A telephone message left with KCBS was not immediately returned Thursday

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110218/ap_on_sc/us_tv_reporter_speech_problem