PDA

View Full Version : The Packers won the Super Bowl!!

OkayKyle
02-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Is it just me, or does this make this unknown offseason infinitely times more bearable? We can watch any game from last year knowing what the final result was and be happy - no matter how frustrating the loss was at the time. We can trust Ted Thompson's 'ridiculous' offseason cuts and (lack of) acquisitions, knowing that he is doing the right thing.

Yes, if September rolls around and there's no end in sight, we will be really pissed off - but probably not as pissed off as we would be had we not won the Super Bowl.

gbgary
02-14-2011, 08:36 PM
i think it's gonna make it seem like an eternity. the next journey can't get started soon enough.

channtheman
02-14-2011, 08:37 PM
I can't even begin to imagine if we had lost! Kevin Greene's comment to Matthews "It is time" is so freaking awesome. That's Disney movie type stuff, in real life!

Little Whiskey
02-14-2011, 08:40 PM
We can trust Ted Thompson's 'ridiculous' offseason (lack of) acquisitions, knowing that he is doing the right thing.

he just signed 9 free agents. he's changing already........kinda

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Packers-Sign-Nine-Free-Agents/7fe3ece0-4ef7-4e86-8b0a-f19490ed6a44

Smidgeon
02-14-2011, 08:52 PM
Isn't that the way he added Masthay? To a futures contract last year?

Freak Out
02-14-2011, 08:53 PM
I'm loving this feeling. It's been rare so hopefully with the team that's building it's a little more common for a few years. :)

King Friday
02-14-2011, 11:19 PM
All those guys we just signed were practice squad guys, correct? They were already part of the team...just not on the active roster, and all on deals that would expire I suppose. I'm guessing most teams sign their practice squad guys to bring into offseason workouts and TC for next year. However, the fact it happened so quickly after the SB shows just how on top of things Thompson is.

Lurker64
02-14-2011, 11:22 PM
All those guys we just signed were practice squad guys, correct? They were already part of the team...just not on the active roster, and all on deals that would expire I suppose. I'm guessing most teams sign their practice squad guys to bring into offseason workouts and TC for next year. However, the fact it happened so quickly after the SB shows just how on top of things Thompson is.

They're futures contracts. There is no such thing as a "practice squad" in the offseason, and the offseason roster is 80 and not 53. So if you want those guys who used to be on the practice squad to not float off into the ether, you have to sign them to that sort of contract. Standard operating procedure in the offseason.

woodbuck27
02-16-2011, 01:52 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14655869/nothing-can-stop-pack-from-doing-what-they-do-best-winning

Nothing can stop Pack from doing what they do best: winning

By Mike Freeman CBSSports.com National Columnist
Feb. 7, 2011Tell Mike your opinion!

"The Packers danced, because they could. They laughed, not long after injuries ravaged them, and the team was declared dead. They celebrated after another year of Brett Favre and busted knees and broken this and shattered that.

Because these are the Packers. That's what they do. " Quote fr. story

and ... they'll do it again. GO PACKERS!

vince
02-16-2011, 04:44 AM
Great article. Thanks for posting that Woody.

Smidgeon
02-16-2011, 10:25 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14655869/nothing-can-stop-pack-from-doing-what-they-do-best-winning

Nothing can stop Pack from doing what they do best: winning

By Mike Freeman CBSSports.com National Columnist
Feb. 7, 2011Tell Mike your opinion!

"The Packers danced, because they could. They laughed, not long after injuries ravaged them, and the team was declared dead. They celebrated after another year of Brett Favre and busted knees and broken this and shattered that.

Because these are the Packers. That's what they do. " Quote fr. story

and ... they'll do it again. GO PACKERS!

"I was dehydrated," Green Bay's B.J. Raji said. "But so what. It was the Super Bowl and considering everything we've been through we felt like nothing could stop us."

Cleft Crusty
02-16-2011, 10:32 AM
"Mike slapped us in the face," Sitton said. "'Stop feeling sorry for yourselves and let's win some games.' That was all we needed."

That's good stuff. It reminds Clefty of the time his salary was cut to $43/week. "Stop feeling sorry for yourself and write some more bad copy" said my editor. How could I not be inspired?