PDA

View Full Version : Packers fans will forgive Favre, but when will Rodgers?

Packman_26
02-14-2011, 10:16 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14688108/packers-fans-will-forgive-favre-but-when-will-rodgers
I heard Jason Wilde talking about this article today. I would REALLY like to know who this Packers player is. On the radio, Homer thought it was Barnett (before he read the article), while Wilde suspected Driver.
I would guess an offensive lineman. It's pretty clear that whomever the player is has some relationship with Favre. Driver obviously has a relationship with him but after his "Rodgers got me to the Super Bowl" comments, I doubt it was him. I would guess Clifton, Tauscher, or Wells.
I hate this type of nonsense. What good could come from this? Coming off of a Super Bowl victory and being posed to make another run next year, this has the potential to cause a riff. I hope it doesn't but this player should know better.
Also, the article mentions that Rodgers reached out to Favre and that Favre didn't respond. Has anyone else heard that? I don't remember that being public at all....

Joemailman
02-14-2011, 10:28 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14688108/packers-fans-will-forgive-favre-but-when-will-rodgers
I heard Jason Wilde talking about this article today. I would REALLY like to know who this Packers player is. On the radio, Homer thought it was Barnett (before he read the article), while Wilde suspected Driver.
I would guess an offensive lineman. It's pretty clear that whomever the player is has some relationship with Favre. Driver obviously has a relationship with him but after his "Rodgers got me to the Super Bowl" comments, I doubt it was him. I would guess Clifton, Tauscher, or Wells.
I hate this type of nonsense. What good could come from this? Coming off of a Super Bowl victory and being posed to make another run next year, this has the potential to cause a riff. I hope it doesn't but this player should know better.
Also, the article mentions that Rodgers reached out to Favre and that Favre didn't respond. Has anyone else heard that? I don't remember that being public at all....

Rodgers said he reached out to Favre and Favre didn't call back, in an interview he did with Michael Irvin.

The player in question sounds like Driver to me.

Lurker64
02-14-2011, 10:29 PM
Honestly, I don't care if Rodgers and Favre ever make nice.

channtheman
02-14-2011, 10:39 PM

I don't either. I also don't think this will do anything to affect this team now or in the long run.

denverYooper
02-14-2011, 10:40 PM

Either it gives Rodgers one more reason to excel or he doesn't give a shit. Either way, it seems to cause him little in the way of psychic debris.

RashanGary
02-14-2011, 10:55 PM
Favre did dick the team and AR's job around so yeah, I'm sure Rodgers doesn't have much to say to him.

My guess on that player is Greg Jennings and here's how I think it could have gone down.

Favre drama ensues
Favre's career ends in Minnesota
Packers win SB
Favre calls Jennings and a few other players to congratulate them
Jennings talks to a reporter
Reporter asks Jennings question
Jennings answers, but says off the record because he's a Packer and he knows how the Favre rivalry is viewed
Writer writes story

I can almost hear the bridge builder tone in Jennings voice. It's no big deal to him, but since Favre called him an congratulated him and said those things, he decided on a whim he'd share it with that reporter. There is some implication in there that AR is bitter, but I think that may have come off wrong. My impression from Rodgers is that he could care less if he hears from Favre from now until the day Favre croaks. What the player (Jennings) thinks is bitterness, I think is really apathy. My estimation is to Aaron, Brett isn't worth his time. To Brett, now that it's over for him and I really don't think he has any ties to Minnesota, I think he'd like to stay close to the situation in GB. He always felt he was a part of it (albeit a bigger part than he really was) but he felt like he was a part and I could see him wanting back in. I'd rather keep him away. I think he's toxic.

King Friday
02-14-2011, 11:12 PM
I doubt they ever truly patch it up. Ultimately, Rodgers will probably become more beloved in Green Bay than Favre was...and may become the "better" QB too. That is only going to piss Favre off. He'll know its his own damn fault, but it ain't going to make the 2 guys best buds anytime soon. The next few years are going to be hell for Favre...he's become irrelevant now, and that is what he was working so hard to avoid.

Guiness
02-15-2011, 12:15 AM
Favre dug himself a hell of a hole, and there's no reason to forgive and forget just because he's stopped being actively aggressive.

He went to Minnesota a couple of years ago for an opportunity not just to win the Super Bowl, but for a chance to beat us (and, apparently important to him, TT) twice a year. As recently as this January he told Peppers to go out and beat us. That doesn't sound like a guy who's moved on.

He wants Green Bay fans and players to forgive him and welcome him back? Take out a full page thank-you, and apology the way Harris and Kampman did (except they didn't have to apologize, just thank). Hold a press conference saying 'I made a mistake, they were right all along, I'm sorry' without a 'but' to follow it up.

My feeling is that Brett's not a big enough man to do these things, and the only way he will ever be part of the Packers again is when he's too old, and irrelevant as a person for anyone to remember what an ass he was.

Guiness
02-15-2011, 12:16 AM
On another note - what was the reference to the way Favre treated Rodgers while he was here? I heard that he wasn't enthused about being a mentor, and like his practical jokes, but was there an actual problem during that time?

Old School
02-15-2011, 07:09 AM
I don't have room in my life for Favre and all he did to Aaron, TT, and the Packers. I believe all that he's said and done has made him irrelevant to Packer Nation - forever.

I think Favre's realization that the way he handled things with 3 teams has made him irrelevant to most football fans, is just deserts for him to live with. That is HIS problem. Let him stew in his juice. They can retire his jersey in the bar in Kiln as far as I'm concerned.

We are World Champs. I'm for moving on with those players who have brought the Lombardi trophy back where it belongs without looking in the rear view mirror.

Patler
02-15-2011, 08:24 AM
Random thoughts about this article:

- Favre has realized that one of the things that made him special, bringing the Lombardi trophy to GB, just became a little less significant because it has been duplicated by his successor. In short, he realizes that he CAN be replaced, and has been.

- If Favre really wants to bury the hatchet, it is in his power to do so. All he has to do is pick up the phone and start digging the hole for the hatchet. I suspect that he really wants someone else to bury it for him.

- It strikes me that his reluctance to call Rodgers is based on his fear that Rodgers will treat him like he treated Rodgers. It was reported that Rodgers called Favre, and Favre ignored him, not returning the call. I suspect Favre's ego would have a difficult time dealing with a rebuff from Rodgers, so he doesn't even try.

- The writer asks, who will make the first move? It seems Rodgers already tried, and was rejected by Favre. It is now up to Favre to make the next move, to demonstrate that he is willing to move beyond what has happened.

- If Favre really wants to correct this, he will call Murphy, Thompson and/or McCarthy. Calling Rodgers would be a very small step in healing the wounds with the organization. It will be up to Murphy, Thompson and McCarthy, not individual players, to welcome him back into the Packer fold; and Favre has to prove to them that he will not embarrass the organization again by making comments demeaning to the organization. Right now, the Packers have no need to open that can of worms, and Favre has to prove to them that it will be worth their efforts to do so.

- As contentious as the break up was and for how long it was building while he was in GB and lasted since he left, it is too soon to try and fix it now.

- Six weeks ago Favre was still rooting against his former team and encouraging the Bears to knock the Packers out of the playoffs. I question his sincerity now. The Packers are the toast of the league right now, and Favre is irrelevant to the reasons for that. I don't think he likes the feeling of being so quickly replaced, so now he wants back in.

- In time the Packers and Favre will heal, but healing takes time and proceeds gradually. You don't heal overnight. But, no matter how badly he wants it to be, for Favre it will never be the same as it was, or as his retirement could have been. Favre has to accept that.

gbgary
02-15-2011, 08:45 AM
I don't either. I also don't think this will do anything to affect this team now or in the long run.

bf's been gone for three years. there's absolutely no reason a rift between the two would have any affect on this team. it's not like bf had a huge gang of supporters on this team.

I don't have room in my life for Favre and all he did to Aaron, TT, and the Packers. I believe all that he's said and done has made him irrelevant to Packer Nation - forever.
I think Favre's realization that the way he handled things with 3 teams has made him irrelevant to most football fans, is just deserts for him to live with. That is HIS problem. Let him stew in his juice. They can retire his jersey in the bar in Kiln as far as I'm concerned.

We are World Champs. I'm for moving on with those players who have brought the Lombardi trophy back where it belongs without looking in the rear view mirror.

irrelevant...that's the word i've used about him too when ever i read/hear someone wondering about him and the current Packers situation.

HowardRoark
02-15-2011, 09:41 AM
As of right now, the man is a Minnesota Viking. I could care less who he calls and for what reason.......

Maybe someday it will make sense, but for now, go cut your lawn with Jared and Hutch.

Zool
02-15-2011, 09:51 AM
When Rodgers came in Favre said "its not my job" when asked about mentoring. Rodgers should say the same when asked about bringing Favre back in any capacity. Thats all he needs to say. Favre treated the Packers like shit and doesn't deserve to be welcomed back warmly any time soon.

get louder at lambeau
02-15-2011, 09:51 AM
As of right now, the man is a Minnesota Viking. I could care less who he calls and for what reason.......

Maybe someday it will make sense, but for now, go cut your lawn with Jared and Hutch.

That's about it. You think Childress still calls him to talk about hunting?

red
02-15-2011, 10:14 AM
he wanted to be a viking so bad, now he is one, and he can stay one for a long time

Cleft Crusty
02-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Clefty is confused, thinking this was a Packer website. The wife was watching "As the World Turns" on the tube and Clefty escaped to the internet - only to find the same thing here - except with even a more tired, trite script.

Smidgeon
02-15-2011, 12:18 PM
Clefty is confused, thinking this was a Packer website. The wife was watching "As the World Turns" on the tube and Clefty escaped to the internet - only to find the same thing here - except with even a more tired, trite script.

+1

packerbacker1234
02-15-2011, 03:41 PM

Actually he's pretty much a "FA". He is no longer under contract.

Favre naturally wants to repair the broken relationship - and I still wont blame him really for heading to minnesota. Sure, things could of gone down differently after his presser in 2007 and he could of came back that summer when stuff was initially being discussed for anothe rrun with us in 2008, but Favre's sole reason (so he has repeatedly claimed) was to win one more title before he goes. Something tells me he didn't feel, in 2008, that the packers had the team to do so. It's not surprising to think that either: in 2007 we had a lot of things "go our way" along with Brett having one of his better years to get us to that championship game. It's also clear he didn't want to do the offseason stuff and the packers weren't really okay with that.

From both sides I can udnerstand the feeling. You don't practice your not a starter for this team. I'm going on 40 and want to save my body for the regular season. Packers are very flexible, but when your QB 1 you don't relaly get to take "practices off" because the offense revolves around you.

So, all the lies, the bickering back and forth - lets throw that all aside. It was 4 years ago and I've moved on from it. I did feel betrayed when he went to minnesota, but I never blamed him for making such a decision. With the season he had, and the run Minnesota made that year, it was really hard to look at Favre and go "man, you made a bad decision here". He wanted a ring, and as it proved, Minnesota really was one great QB away from their first SB. Favre "almost" gave them that shot before pissing it way late.

I'm not mad at Favre for making "selfish" decisions. He was a middle aged man playing a young mans game at that point. His decisions ALMOST worked out as he wanted them too. Almost.

I think TT did slight Favre some, and I naturally think Favre slighted the organization some as well. I also think prior to 2007 the "will he wont he" was blown way out proportion. Only one other season do I recall favre even mentioning he was thinking about retirment, and that was in 2006 I beleive after the final game when he was on camera crying over it. Prior to that season it was mostly the media constantly berrading him over it. Most felt he was "finished" after 2006. He proved them wrong in 2007.

Most thought he was done in 2008 in terms of being able to play at a high level. He proved them wrong in 2009, where he was an MVP canidate. In 2010 is when it finally showed he was done from a physical stand point. Taking shots in his ankle just to play, new injuries showing up every week, and finally too much pain for even him to handle, and we all know Favre can handle a hell of a lot of pain.

The relationship with the fans I think will repair over the course of time, and I think his relationship with the veterans in GB is just fine. We know Driver and Favre have remained friends, and Fvare has talked to some of the guys since the SB and even heading into it. Does it surprise me he hasn't talked to AR? No, but AR is the guy who "took" your job. Was brought in to replace you, and not only has he replaced you, he got us a ring as well.

I understand bitterness both ways. I also think Rodgers is the bigger man right now, and would indeed answer the phone if Favre called. To not do so would be to stoop down to Favre's level. I fully believe Rodgers is above that, just based on how he handled the entire situation.

channtheman
02-15-2011, 03:47 PM
http://www.dickipedia.org/dick.php?title=Brett_Favre

ThunderDan
02-15-2011, 03:49 PM
Actually he's pretty much a "FA". He is no longer under contract.

Favre naturally wants to repair the broken relationship - and I still wont blame him really for heading to minnesota. Sure, things could of gone down differently after his presser in 2007 and he could of came back that summer when stuff was initially being discussed for anothe rrun with us in 2008, but Favre's sole reason (so he has repeatedly claimed) was to win one more title before he goes. Something tells me he didn't feel, in 2008, that the packers had the team to do so. It's not surprising to think that either: in 2007 we had a lot of things "go our way" along with Brett having one of his better years to get us to that championship game. It's also clear he didn't want to do the offseason stuff and the packers weren't really okay with that.

From both sides I can udnerstand the feeling. You don't practice your not a starter for this team. I'm going on 40 and want to save my body for the regular season. Packers are very flexible, but when your QB 1 you don't relaly get to take "practices off" because the offense revolves around you.

So, all the lies, the bickering back and forth - lets throw that all aside. It was 4 years ago and I've moved on from it. I did feel betrayed when he went to minnesota, but I never blamed him for making such a decision. With the season he had, and the run Minnesota made that year, it was really hard to look at Favre and go "man, you made a bad decision here". He wanted a ring, and as it proved, Minnesota really was one great QB away from their first SB. Favre "almost" gave them that shot before pissing it way late.

I'm not mad at Favre for making "selfish" decisions. He was a middle aged man playing a young mans game at that point. His decisions ALMOST worked out as he wanted them too. Almost.

I think TT did slight Favre some, and I naturally think Favre slighted the organization some as well. I also think prior to 2007 the "will he wont he" was blown way out proportion. Only one other season do I recall favre even mentioning he was thinking about retirment, and that was in 2006 I beleive after the final game when he was on camera crying over it. Prior to that season it was mostly the media constantly berrading him over it. Most felt he was "finished" after 2006. He proved them wrong in 2007.

Most thought he was done in 2008 in terms of being able to play at a high level. He proved them wrong in 2009, where he was an MVP canidate. In 2010 is when it finally showed he was done from a physical stand point. Taking shots in his ankle just to play, new injuries showing up every week, and finally too much pain for even him to handle, and we all know Favre can handle a hell of a lot of pain.

The relationship with the fans I think will repair over the course of time, and I think his relationship with the veterans in GB is just fine. We know Driver and Favre have remained friends, and Fvare has talked to some of the guys since the SB and even heading into it. Does it surprise me he hasn't talked to AR? No, but AR is the guy who "took" your job. Was brought in to replace you, and not only has he replaced you, he got us a ring as well.

I understand bitterness both ways. I also think Rodgers is the bigger man right now, and would indeed answer the phone if Favre called. To not do so would be to stoop down to Favre's level. I fully believe Rodgers is above that, just based on how he handled the entire situation.

Why not stay in NY? They have been in the AFC Championship game the last 2 years with Sanchez as their QB. Just think what that O would do with an "above average" QB rather than what they have. And I am not calling BF "above average" I am using that term to classify Sanchez's play.

denverYooper
02-15-2011, 04:11 PM
Why not stay in NY? They have been in the AFC Championship game the last 2 years with Sanchez as their QB. Just think what that O would do with an "above average" QB rather than what they have. And I am not calling BF "above average" I am using that term to classify Sanchez's play.

He just wanted to get back to hittin' up some down home Midwest ass.

Scott Campbell
02-15-2011, 04:28 PM
I think Jason's take on Packer fans might be suspect.

Freak Out
02-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Why does Rodgers have to forgive Favre? Good for the soul?

Bossman641
02-15-2011, 05:42 PM
It's 100% on Favre to extend any type of olive branch to Rodgers, the organization, and fans. Do you realize how easily he could patch things up with the organization and a large percentage of Packers fans? All he would have to do is call TT and MM, tell them congratulations and that he's sorry for how he acted and acknowledge that they did have a plan for building a team. He could even throw in that he was old and didn't think he would still be around to see that plan come to fruition as a way to cover his ass. Voila!! Hold a press conference, tell the fans the same thing and that he's looking forward to becoming a member of Packer nation again and it would be done.

It's the same story with any athlete. Any athlete that makes even any attempt at an apology, no matter how much it sucks, is always welcomed back. Instead Favre does shit like tell the Bears to knock the Packers out of the playoffs.

RashanGary
02-15-2011, 08:01 PM
It's 100% on Favre to extend any type of olive branch to Rodgers, the organization, and fans. Do you realize how easily he could patch things up with the organization and a large percentage of Packers fans? All he would have to do is call TT and MM, tell them congratulations and that he's sorry for how he acted and acknowledge that they did have a plan for building a team. He could even throw in that he was old and didn't think he would still be around to see that plan come to fruition as a way to cover his ass. Voila!! Hold a press conference, tell the fans the same thing and that he's looking forward to becoming a member of Packer nation again and it would be done.

It's the same story with any athlete. Any athlete that makes even any attempt at an apology, no matter how much it sucks, is always welcomed back. Instead Favre does shit like tell the Bears to knock the Packers out of the playoffs.

This is pretty much it. A simple, I was wrong, I didn't realize where this was going and I made some big mistakes. Done. We all forgive. Without it though, I hope he's never a part of the Packers again. Any person who did that stuff and is not sorry for hte people he hurt and drug through the mud, I have no place for him.

gbgary
02-15-2011, 09:11 PM
i for one won't believe bf if he says he's sorry or whatnot. if he does there will be an ulterior motive of some sort...something in it for him. remember, he's said many times he "doesn't have any regrets."

pbmax
02-15-2011, 09:42 PM
Random thoughts about this article:

- It strikes me that his reluctance to call Rodgers is based on his fear that Rodgers will treat him like he treated Rodgers. It was reported that Rodgers called Favre, and Favre ignored him, not returning the call. I suspect Favre's ego would have a difficult time dealing with a rebuff from Rodgers, so he doesn't even try.

If the person giving the quotes has their information correct, then not much has changed. Brett is uncertain whether to call because he is unsure how it will be seen. He is also unsure how he will be treated after he calls, if he calls.

Even Brett's waffling is waffling at this point. Perhaps Ted can find Brett a QB who will offer an apology first.

But an even better question is this: Rodgers has been relatively upfront about the dealings between Brett and himself. Not revealing necessarily, but matter of fact. If there is bitterness on Rodgers part, how does the player giving the quotes know?

Aren't the hard feelings in this case much more likely to be Favre's? Going public is right out of his playbook.

Old School
02-15-2011, 10:07 PM
Favre isn't fairing too well in the comments section to the article about this on PFT.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/15/one-packer-says-favre-wants-to-bury-hatchet-with-rodgers/#comments

He appears to continue to lose favor among more than just Packer fans.

MJZiggy
02-15-2011, 10:41 PM
Who cares?

The Shadow
02-15-2011, 10:46 PM
Why is it assumed that all Packer fans will forgive Favre?

Guiness
02-15-2011, 10:48 PM
Favre isn't fairing too well in the comments section to the article about this on PFT.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/15/one-packer-says-favre-wants-to-bury-hatchet-with-rodgers/#comments

Indeed. And he's already screwed this up, he's grandstanding by letting it be known that he wants to call!

If he genuinely wanted to apologize, he'd do it, and take his lumps if they were coming. Look at Earl Hickey, his attempts to make things right on his list don't always go nicely for him, but he still does it!!!:lol:

packerbacker1234
02-15-2011, 11:54 PM

And they were 8-3 under Favre in 2008 prior to the injury that made him lose all his zip and the deep ball. They would of "won" the division you assume had he not been hurt - so sure their is a legit argument that he had a good set up in NY for a run in 2009.

Until you factor in: NY's offense was not a WC offense. It was unfamiliar and unconfortable for him to change his calls and how he does things after 17+ seasons.

- Dome. Proven fact it has a great ability to extend a QB's career. Less wear and tear on the body, in general as a QB. It's also the preferred conditions to throw a football in. In NY he would have to deal with the cold at home in december.

In fact, I say the Dome is the main reason Peyton Manning isn't getting berraded at 34 the way favre was with retirement questions. His numbers have a greater chances of staying top form when your playing in ideal passing conditions for at least 8 games. Now they are talking about giving Manning, a 34 year old QB at a position that in general is done at 36/37, the biggest contract ever. It's sort of backwards thinking unless you feel manning really does have 5 years of elite play left in him. The only reason I feel confident in that as a team owner is the dome.

Could play in dome with what was considered at least an equal team on paper without a QB in an offense he has mastered, or play in the cold in an offense he isn't confortable with. The only caveat is that the dome team was his previous teams biggest rival at the time. To fans this puts pause, but I can't really begin to understand things from a players perspective. In HS if I my family moved and I ended up at the #1 rival school of my previous HS am I ultimately not going to play ball?

Yeah, he had a "choice", but as a player I don't think the rivalry matters that much to them when you take the jersey off after sunday.

Bossman641
02-16-2011, 12:29 AM
And they were 8-3 under Favre in 2008 prior to the injury that made him lose all his zip and the deep ball. They would of "won" the division you assume had he not been hurt - so sure their is a legit argument that he had a good set up in NY for a run in 2009.

Until you factor in: NY's offense was not a WC offense. It was unfamiliar and unconfortable for him to change his calls and how he does things after 17+ seasons.

- Dome. Proven fact it has a great ability to extend a QB's career. Less wear and tear on the body, in general as a QB. It's also the preferred conditions to throw a football in. In NY he would have to deal with the cold at home in december.

In fact, I say the Dome is the main reason Peyton Manning isn't getting berraded at 34 the way favre was with retirement questions. His numbers have a greater chances of staying top form when your playing in ideal passing conditions for at least 8 games. Now they are talking about giving Manning, a 34 year old QB at a position that in general is done at 36/37, the biggest contract ever. It's sort of backwards thinking unless you feel manning really does have 5 years of elite play left in him. The only reason I feel confident in that as a team owner is the dome.

Could play in dome with what was considered at least an equal team on paper without a QB in an offense he has mastered, or play in the cold in an offense he isn't confortable with. The only caveat is that the dome team was his previous teams biggest rival at the time. To fans this puts pause, but I can't really begin to understand things from a players perspective. In HS if I my family moved and I ended up at the #1 rival school of my previous HS am I ultimately not going to play ball?

Yeah, he had a "choice", but as a player I don't think the rivalry matters that much to them when you take the jersey off after sunday.

If you quit the team during 2 a days and then had the coach go out of his way to find a spare uniform for you to play, and then told him forget it and quit again NO you wouldn't be playing.

woodbuck27
02-16-2011, 01:02 AM
Why get caught up in something so trivial when we have a Super Bowl to celebrate at least until the nextChampion is crowned at SB 46?

IMO it will come down to this and I quote fr. the thread story"

" They've since become acquaintances, though not friends. That may be the best the Packers will get with Favre and Rodgers.
One day Favre will be inducted into the Hall of Fame, but before that the Packers will retire his number. Just a matter of time. That relationship between the team and fans will be healed. "

What Favre thinks of Aaron Rodgers and vice versa. In that respect they should act like men and we shouldn't really care. It's just a distraction and a pissy low isue topic below this forum.

This is all the matters and what's relevant to that:

GO PACK GO!

Patler
02-16-2011, 01:26 AM

Really? I have heard just the opposite, that the generally harder surfaces of domes are harder on players bodies. It might be faster, more consistent and therefore produce better passing results, but I have always heard that the wear and tear on a players body is worse in domes.

Scott Campbell
02-16-2011, 06:17 AM

I think he should just just go live his life, and stay away from the organization. He really has no business ever setting foot in Lambeau again. Don't want him. Don't need him. Just glad he's done, and failed to stick it to Ted.

Smidgeon
02-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Who cares?

+1

Cleft Crusty
02-16-2011, 10:24 AM
Really? I have heard just the opposite, that the generally harder surfaces of domes are harder on players bodies. It might be faster, more consistent and therefore produce better passing results, but I have always heard that the wear and tear on a players body is worse in domes.

This is interesting. Mr. Patler, I respectfully note that all stadiums with artificial turf now use FieldTurf (TM). Clefty has tried to determine whether all fields are constructed with the same subsurface, so determine whether they have a uniform hardness. one might think for example, that the Dallas Monstrosity is harder due to the injuries that occurred there, but Clefty can't find that info. Clefty - from personal experience and from talking to players - has discovered/been told that the field turf tends to be softer, especially in the winter, even though all but one natural or composite surface fields are heated. The old style artificial turf, especially horrible fields like at Philadelphia's Veterans Stadium were rolled carpet over concrete and were brutal on players. The new surfaces may be much more forgiving. How much, and how much relative to natural or composite fields seems to remain unknown.

Zool
02-16-2011, 10:50 AM
Who cares?

That about sums it up.

ThunderDan
02-16-2011, 10:58 AM

Plain and simple. The Jets are a running offense that needs a QB to manage the game. That would have been perfect for BF. It would have limited his throws. Allowed him not to have to take over the game. BF has historically played poorly in domes.

Oh yeah I forgot, BF was under contract with the Jets for 2008 and 2009.

Fritz
02-16-2011, 10:58 AM
In the long run, it doesn't really matter if the two of them make nice.

As far as Favre getting himself recognized and being reconciled with the organization, I wonder how he feels about the TT and MM contract extensions? Cuz those two guys are the guys that at the moment hold the key to reconciliation. Maybe Murphy more so.

Joemailman
02-16-2011, 11:16 AM
In the long run, it doesn't really matter if the two of them make nice.

As far as Favre getting himself recognized and being reconciled with the organization, I wonder how he feels about the TT and MM contract extensions? Cuz those two guys are the guys that at the moment hold the key to reconciliation. Maybe Murphy more so.

I think Rodgers will matter. If he makes it clear he has no feud with Favre, he'll bring a lot of Packer fans along with him.

That said, I think Favre needs to just go away for a while. Just about everything he says right now is received negatively by people because people are sick of the whole Favre saga. Favre needs to rehabilitate his image as a person before there can be a reconciliation with the Packer organization. That will take some time, and it will take Favre making better decisions than he's made the last couple of years.

HowardRoark
02-16-2011, 11:39 AM
I think Favre needs to just go away for a while. Just about everything he says right now is received negatively by people because people are sick of the whole Favre saga. Favre needs to rehabilitate his image as a person before there can be a reconciliation with the Packer organization. That will take some time, and it will take Favre making better decisions than he's made the last couple of years.

Well said.

HarveyWallbangers
02-16-2011, 12:09 PM
From USA Today :)

There's speculation floating that Brett Favre wants to make amends with Aaron Rodgers. But CBS Sports suggests that this year's Super Bowl MVP has no intention of taking a belated congratulatory call from the man he replaced as Packers quarterback.

If so, Rodgers might want to rethink that. Because if Favre resorts to texting an apology there's no telling what might show up on Rodgers' phone.

mmmdk
02-16-2011, 01:47 PM

What a crappy post!

mmmdk
02-16-2011, 01:51 PM
When Rodgers came in Favre said "its not my job" when asked about mentoring. Rodgers should say the same when asked about bringing Favre back in any capacity. Thats all he needs to say. Favre treated the Packers like shit and doesn't deserve to be welcomed back warmly any time soon.

I like this better; harsh truth though.

pbmax
02-16-2011, 02:12 PM
I think Aaron is busying being Aaron for a while...

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/deadspin/2011/02/rodgers.jpg

That's a fantastic pink dress on the right.

mraynrand
02-16-2011, 02:18 PM
You are forgiven!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRpie9ta-Ao

denverYooper
02-16-2011, 02:24 PM

That's a fantastic pink dress on the right.

She has a dress on?

RashanGary
02-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Aaron Rodgers is cool.

RashanGary
02-16-2011, 04:40 PM
That girl with the pink dress, her legs are too skinny and her boobs are too big. Her hand bag is cute though.

Joemailman
02-16-2011, 04:42 PM
That girl with the pink dress, her legs are too skinny and her boobs are too big. Her hand bag is cute though.

Well, nobody's perfect.

MJZiggy
02-16-2011, 06:36 PM
Well, nobody's perfect.

I respect that Rodgers is out with the cute girl without the store-bought boobs.

mraynrand
02-16-2011, 07:18 PM
I respect that Rodgers is out with the cute girl without the store-bought boobs.

You mean the lady to his right wearing a wedding band?

Scott Campbell
02-16-2011, 07:18 PM

I have yet to see a store bought pair I like. I really don't get it.

Scott Campbell
02-16-2011, 07:19 PM
Her hand bag is cute though.

Tank?

mraynrand
02-16-2011, 07:20 PM
I have yet to see a store bought pair I like. I really don't get it.

+1

MJZiggy
02-16-2011, 08:37 PM
You mean the lady to his right wearing a wedding band?
I wear a ring on my left hand and I'm not married. For all we know, that's his sister, but what are they looking at? And why is Aaron the only one with a drink? I take it back: now I see she's holding a drink too.

pbmax
02-16-2011, 08:37 PM
Testing new wireless router.

Pink is my new favorite dress color.

MJZiggy
02-16-2011, 08:38 PM
Testing new wireless router.

Pink is my new favorite dress color.

The boobs don't come with the dress. They are sold separately.

pbmax
02-16-2011, 08:39 PM
I wear a ring on my left hand and I'm not married. For all we know, that's his sister, but what are they looking at? And why is Aaron the only one with a drink?

Lady in Black has a drink, but its hard to see. And WOO HOO, router is fired up and working.

Can connect to work on VPN. All is well. Now time to work on O line problems.

pbmax
02-16-2011, 08:41 PM

But I think on slickdeals.net they posted if you bundle both with the promo code and your Bing bucks and use Discover Card, you an get a 10% discount and free shipping.

mraynrand
02-16-2011, 08:44 PM
I wear a ring on my left hand and I'm not married.

So you wear a ring on the traditional finger for a wedding band just for the heck of it. No significance, right?

MJZiggy
02-16-2011, 08:50 PM
So you wear a ring on the traditional finger for a wedding band just for the heck of it. No significance, right? No, my boyfriend gave me the ring I wear on my right hand, but I have other rings I want to wear so rather than take off the really pretty ring because of a stupid tradition, I wear the rings I like.

swede
02-16-2011, 08:54 PM
So you wear a ring on the traditional finger for a wedding band just for the heck of it. No significance, right?

What I think is significant is not so much the ring on the left hand as the public flossing with the index finger of the right hand. I suppose the nostrils are next.

mraynrand
02-16-2011, 08:56 PM
No, my boyfriend gave me the ring I wear on my right hand, but I have other rings I want to wear so rather than take off the really pretty ring because of a stupid tradition, I wear the rings I like.

sez you

Iron Mike
02-16-2011, 09:19 PM

Looks like he's been doing some QVC shopping:

http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/605094/17244844/0/1289809420/IRenew_Energy_Bracelet_Black.jpg

Tarlam!
02-16-2011, 10:35 PM

True, but I am having trouble with the installation. Of course, like any true man, I discarded the user's manual. Now, I'm screwed.

woodbuck27
02-17-2011, 10:37 AM
True, but I am having trouble with the installation. Of course, like any true man, I discarded the user's manual. Now, I'm screwed.

It's called over confidence and Gheeesh why did I go there again. Relax and your ducking for cover.

Pugger
02-17-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why folks think there is this big riff between Aaron and #4. Because BF wouldn't mentor a backup? I doubt Favre ever mentored any of his backups before. There are several photos out there of the two of them when Favre was still a Packer and some of the pix show them kidding around with one another. The 2 of them aren't bosom buddies but they seemed cordial enough when they met at midfield after each GB/MN game last season. It seems like only the media and some fans find this an issue. I doubt either of them do.