PDA

View Full Version : ? Ted Thompson ?

woodbuck27
04-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Hey Packer fans ! Ted Thompson.

Any sitings or articles where he's quoted ? Any sign that he's alive ?

What on earth is with this guy?

MJZiggy
04-10-2006, 09:47 PM
He is reported to have told Favre to wait when he tried to retire last week. Does that help?

swede
04-10-2006, 09:51 PM
Ted's got it handled. He doesn't wake up and think how he's going to make Favre happy today, much less Woodbuck.

woodbuck27
04-10-2006, 10:02 PM
He is reported to have told Favre to wait when he tried to retire last week. Does that help?

Ziggy I'm sitting here just dying, laughing. That is way tooo funny.

You don't seriously believe that do you?

Brett: Hello Ted ( Brett all upset) I'm hearing that the Packer fans are bad mouthing me and I can't deal with that. That support for me is off, nine points.

Ted: Come now Brett calm down little buddy, get a grip.

Brett: ( in tears ). .but Ted I always try so hard and I just can't deal with this rejection. The agony is too much I've had it, I'm retiring now.

Ted: Now Brett come now, just take another week or so to allow things to settle down and I'm working on some big moves you'll love.

Brett: Do you think it will be OK Ted!? I really trust you. . and well. . .OK. Thanks Ted.

Can't see it .

woodbuck27
04-10-2006, 10:05 PM
Ted's got it handled. He doesn't wake up and think how he's going to make Favre happy today, much less Woodbuck.

Duuuhhh !

MJZiggy
04-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Probably went more like:

Brett: The o-line sucks, you haven't given me diddly for protection, I probably only have 1 MAYBE 2 decent receivers to throw to and all the RB's are coming off injury. This team is gonna suck and I think I'm done with it.

TT: Now hold on a minute. We're not done building this team yet. Give it a little while longer and take a look at what we do in the draft. There's no hurry for a decision, so why don't you just take a little more time to think things over.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-10-2006, 10:10 PM

Thompson is hibernating...again.

Bretsky
04-10-2006, 10:14 PM

Do we even know he waked up :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
04-10-2006, 10:14 PM

Thompson is hibernating...again.

Tank . He's not . . . reeeeaaaalll!

MJZiggy
04-10-2006, 10:15 PM
It's not like Favre. The media just won't show up for TT's 9 a.m. dump.

billy_oliver880
04-10-2006, 10:18 PM
It's not like Favre. The media just won't show up for TT's 9 a.m. dump.

If I was in Farve's position I would be going bonkers. I can't stand being bothered all the time. I think the media would drive me to say...enough I'm done playing and get the hell off my lawn.

woodbuck27
04-10-2006, 10:23 PM

Bretsky: This stuff on Favre the past week has really gotten to me. People talking about trading him for a 4th round draft pick almost sent me over the darn edge!

Favre can't be traded. Better to just give him an outright release.

I still hope he comes back in this year with a swagger ,and says OK boys. I'm the frigin' man and I'm going to play better than you'll ever believe -shoot the lights out .

Isn't it different over at JSO now. It's a real party split over there. Not alot of humour.

Bretsky
04-10-2006, 10:27 PM

Bretsky: This stuff on Favre the past week has really gotten to me. People talking about trading him for a 4th round draft pick almost sent me over the darn edge!

Favre can't be traded. Better to just give him an outright release.

I still hope he comes back in this year with a swagger ,and says OK boys. I'm the frigin' man and I'm going to play better than you'll ever believe -shoot the lights out .

Isn't it different over at JSO now. It's a real party split over there. Not alot of humour.

LURKING AT JS sometimes blows my mind away. Numerous numerous anti Favre threads dominated that place this weekend. There are only a few really good posters over there anymore from what I can see. One finally joined us today after plenty of begging from me.

I still read up at times; the only time I post is when somebody really irritates me as they did yesterday so I had to spat off a bit at somebody.

You don't see nearly as much Favre belittling over here; although we are all a bit frustrated due to lack of patience....but at least the criticism is respectful.

But Brett Favre should take the time he needs to feel strongly about a decision.

Sad part is that he really does want to play and is looking for some excused to say yes.

woodbuck27
04-10-2006, 10:31 PM
Probably went more like:

Brett: The o-line sucks, you haven't given me diddly for protection, I probably only have 1 MAYBE 2 decent receivers to throw to and all the RB's are coming off injury. This team is gonna suck and I think I'm done with it.

TT: Now hold on a minute. We're not done building this team yet. Give it a little while longer and take a look at what we do in the draft. There's no hurry for a decision, so why don't you just take a little more time to think things over.

What did Brett say? That he and Ted talk two - three times every or every other week?

What in the name of Molly would they have to talk about? Things have been reeeeaaalll slooowww !

Two - three times per week almost seems like stalking! Can't really see them being all that close?

woodbuck27
04-10-2006, 10:49 PM
"LURKING AT JS sometimes blows my mind away. Numerous numerous anti Favre threads dominated that place this weekend. There are only a few really good posters over there anymore from what I can see. One finally joined us today after plenty of begging from me.

I still read up at times; the only time I post is when somebody really irritates me as they did yesterday so I had to spat off a bit at somebody.

You don't see nearly as much Favre belittling over here; although we are all a bit frustrated due to lack of patience....but at least the criticism is respectful.

But Brett Favre should take the time he needs to feel strongly about a decision.

Sad part is that he really does want to play and is looking for some excused to say yes." Bretsky

JSO certainly can be weird/strange, LOL .

On Brett Favre. Yes, I feel he wants to play and that is the best sign he will return. If you are like me, you respect the depth of the man. Brett Favre is special. I certainly wasn't prepared for anything near the end of his career as we are experiencing it . It's brutal. Tough on the fans that love him, so much tougher on Brett Favre.

We all know the committment he showed us last Season before TC and it just never got close to being there with the Team.I place a ton of importance in the OL and a reliable running game.The key is the OL and we are worse there this Season to date,

I can't get a handle on Ted Thompson, in regards to his laizzey faire attitude there. I hoped we would hear something on a move to show some interest in Jeff Faine but . . . why didn't we? Stuff like that bugs me.

Harlan Huckleby
04-10-2006, 10:52 PM
Woody,

Your posts have been in very bad taste.

Ted Thompson passed quietly in his sleep, the night of February 27, 2006. He died of natural causes. I guess you didn't catch the announcement.

The Packers are still looking to fill the GM position.

billy_oliver880
04-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Woody,

Ted Thompson passed quietly in his sleep, the night of February 27, 2006. He died of natural causes. I guess you didn't catch the announcement.

I heard they were interviewing the Donald for the position. :lol:

Bretsky
04-10-2006, 10:58 PM
Woody,

LMAO OFF

I say

HIRE ME HIRE ME HIRE ME HIRE ME :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I guarantee you I'd be love or hated in here very quickly ! I'd probably bring along a few consultants from the forum as well, and we'd leak any news to packerrats.com first.

woodbuck27
04-10-2006, 10:59 PM
Woody,

I just got that sinking feeling ala . . .oh noooo I'm in real shit now!

Suddenly. . . . I make a recovery. . .

Well tell me Harlan? Did he make an appearance at the funeral?

Harlan Huckleby
04-10-2006, 11:01 PM

yes, but as usual he didn't have a lot to say.

woodbuck27
04-10-2006, 11:02 PM
Woody,

LMAO OFF

I say

HIRE ME HIRE ME HIRE ME HIRE ME :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

YaYaYa . . Fast . . . Faster . . . Really Faster :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

I guarantee you I'd be love or hated in here very quickly ! I'd probably bring along a few consultants from the forum as well, and we'd leak any news to packerrats.com first.

billy_oliver880
04-10-2006, 11:02 PM
Woody,

I just got that sinking feeling ala . . .oh noooo I'm in real shit now!

Suddenly. . . . I make a recovery. . .

Did he buy a casket or is he still waiting for the price to drop?

woodbuck27
04-10-2006, 11:06 PM

yes, but as usual he didn't have a lot to say.

So . . . he was really comfortable then . Just . .being himself.

Except. . . Real quiet. That's nice I guess.

Telephone nearby?

MJZiggy
04-11-2006, 07:03 AM
Woody,

I heard they were interviewing the Donald for the position. :lol:Duck?

woodbuck27
04-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Woody,

I heard they were interviewing the Donald for the position. :lol:Duck?

If it's gonna be a duck it should be Daffy. Donald's too bossy.

woodbuck27
04-11-2006, 12:08 PM
Ted Thompson comments on Favre's indecision and his stance that Brett isn't holding the Packers hostage, as some are claiming.

Ted comments in an article written on 10 April 2006 by Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and posted as a thread by me on this date.

The Shadow
11-16-2007, 06:23 PM

Ziggy I'm sitting here just dying, laughing. That is way tooo funny.

You don't seriously believe that do you?

Brett: Hello Ted ( Brett all upset) I'm hearing that the Packer fans are bad mouthing me and I can't deal with that. That support for me is off, nine points.

Ted: Come now Brett calm down little buddy, get a grip.

Brett: ( in tears ). .but Ted I always try so hard and I just can't deal with this rejection. The agony is too much I've had it, I'm retiring now.

Ted: Now Brett come now, just take another week or so to allow things to settle down and I'm working on some big moves you'll love.

Brett: Do you think it will be OK Ted!? I really trust you. . and well. . .OK. Thanks Ted.

Can't see it .

.................................................. .......................................
Later that season......

Brett : "Uh, hello Ted? Just wanted to say thank you for assembling a team that's earned an 8-1 record. Sorry I ever doubted you."

KYPack
11-16-2007, 10:38 PM
The Shadow strikes again.

With another well-placed bump.

Bretsky
11-17-2007, 08:44 AM
The Shadow strikes again.

With another well-placed bump.

:roll:

RashanGary
11-17-2007, 08:51 AM
I know it's getting old, but in defense of Shadow, he was called a mindless follower more times (and in more ways) than I thought possible. If any of you guys took the shit he took, I bet you would want to bump this stuff to show those guys were wrong about the things they directed at you.

Scott Campbell
11-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Agreed Nick. You too.

To the victors go the spoils.

Bretsky
11-17-2007, 09:58 AM
This is targeted specifically at nobody; I was one who called several "blind loyalists" because I felt people we assuming the best w/o a whole lot of evidence except for the last four games of last year. Turns out those I categorized as that we right at this point.

Scott summed it up quite well yesterday. It's a Bart Star versus Max McGee type mentality. Taken more to the modern day I'd compare it to a Ladanion Tomlinson versus a Chad Johnson mentality after scoring a touchdown.

I've taken my share of ribbing in good fun (see Odell Thurman) and some not in good fun found humor in it. But the purpose of this stuff is not good natured; I'd doubt if I'm the only person rolling their eyes, but maybe I'm wrong. I'm by no means trying to start a debate about this; I'll go more back into my lurking mode and wait until this phase passes over and we all can enjoy what is turning out to be an outstanding season lead by TT, MM, and the Green Bay Packers

RashanGary
11-17-2007, 10:24 AM
Hopefully this thing doesn't get too ugly.

RashanGary
11-17-2007, 10:25 AM
Agreed Nick. You too.

To the victors go the spoils.

Yeah, you too. You're a smart guy so nobody is going to feel sorry for you, but I'm sure you felt slighted more than a few times too.

RashanGary
11-17-2007, 10:35 AM
a.

b bulldog
11-17-2007, 10:38 AM
Yawn, B bashing TT :roll:

Scott Campbell
11-17-2007, 10:43 AM
When contemplating how to address the vanquished after a resounding victory, you have to ask yourself one question. What would Gary do?

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/nba/2000/1215/photo/a_payton_i.jpg

Scott Campbell
11-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Scott summed it up quite well yesterday. It's a Bart Star versus Max McGee type mentality. Taken more to the modern day I'd compare it to a Ladanion Tomlinson versus a Chad Johnson mentality after scoring a touchdown.

After the fact, I can see the analogy. Though I can't imagine any of those guys throwing the towel in on a season before it even started.

Scott Campbell
11-17-2007, 10:59 AM
..........I was one who called several "blind loyalists"........

There's really nothing good natured about implying that people who have hope or faith are idiots. You weren't terrible, but some were.

And I don't know if it's so much that they were right. What happened is that there in fact was a possibility that they weren't wrong. If that makes any sense.

Bretsky
11-17-2007, 11:02 AM
for the record I'm still posting enough; just not as much as I used to. Lots of different things add to that that have nothing to do with anything in here. When I haven't went to games the majority of my posts have been gameday in the game thread.

RashanGary
11-17-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm not pointing fingers. I know we're pushing it a little, but I don't want this to turn into fights like in the past and IMO it's starting to get personal and if you look at it, there are very similar lines to all of the big, stupid blowups of the past.

Scott Campbell
11-17-2007, 11:09 AM
007 isn't posting
Bretsky isn't posting
Rastak left because of my ribbing on the Peterson injury

I sense a social movement (behind the scenes) toward snuffing out the Shadows, JH's and SC's of the board. I just want the TT lovers to have the same redemption ability that the Favre lovers had.

I don't like the war fare either, but everyone does this and I don't want it to go too far. I know there is enough social firepower to turn this thing ugly.

I don't really see a war. I see heated debate no different that what you'd see in most corner taverns on a Friday night.

And I've never felt snuffed out in the least, and I think I've pushed the limits as far as most anyone here.

I can't lay claim to being right, as I wasn't one of the faithful believers that this would happen. I was really worried coming into this season.

Were 8-1, so how bad could it be for anyone besides Bearman and Ras?

RashanGary
11-17-2007, 11:12 AM
I have fun here. I just don't want it to get so personal that it gets ugly. I guess it's not that big of a deal yet. However, I've been a part of a few stupid forum fights. I just don't want this to turn into one of those. Nobody ever wins.

Scott Campbell
11-17-2007, 11:42 AM
You never know when we could find ourselves on the other end of a bunch of I Told You So threads. Could be next month. Could be next year. Who knows. When it does, I just hope I can handle it as graciously as RG has. He's been really good about it.