PDA

View Full Version : Dave Redding retires

Brando19
02-21-2011, 10:30 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/116632143.html

After all the injuries we had last year, this is fine by me!

MadScientist
02-22-2011, 04:18 PM
If the injuries were torn muscles and back injuries, then you might have a point, however they were joint and bone injuries that a strength and conditioning coach can't do a thing about.

The Packers were in good enough condition to get the job done, so good luck to him in his retirement.

RashanGary
02-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Shoulder injuries were WAY up and joint injuries can occur by not having sufficient support muscles. They focused primarily on functional training though. I doubt the leg injruies had much to do with the training. They just happen. The number of shoulder injuries though, those stood out to me. 10 guys or so had shoulder injuries during the season. Maybe a little less and 3 or 4 were lost for the season due to them.

gbgary
02-22-2011, 04:34 PM
i can understand the shoulder injuries being up the last several years. shoulder pads now days are nothing compared to what they used to be to allow more freedom of movement.

Brando19
02-22-2011, 06:09 PM
They've hired his replacement.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/116687894.html

Linebacker Zac Woodfin wore the Green Bay Packers uniform for a summer in 2005.

Now he'll be in the team's weight room full-time.

Strength coach Mark Lovat has hired Woodfin for the job, according to a source close to the team, and Woodfin is expected to be in town today. An official statement might be released later today.

Woodfin holds the all-time record for tackles at Alabama-Birmingham and was signed as an undrafted free agent in Ted Thompson's first season as GM. He did not make the team here, was cut from Baltimore the following year, and eventually settled into a career training players with Athletes Performance.

The Packers have a strong relationship with AP and steer players there in the off-season to train or rehab.

UPDATE: The Packers have announced the hiring.

According to the team, Woodfin also worked at the UAB as an assistant strength and conditioning coach in 2007 and at the University of Alabama as a volunteer assistant strength coach in ’07

RashanGary
02-22-2011, 08:15 PM
Obviously the guy has a passion for what he does. That's a nice resume. This is a dream job for him, a stepping stone to running his own weight room in the NFL.

mraynrand
02-23-2011, 12:02 PM
This is an awesome move, especially since Woodfin can come in off the bench when DIYral Briggs - replacing the injured Francois, replacing Walden, replacing Zombo, replacing Brad Jones - gets injured.