PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Josh Sitton

Old School
02-22-2011, 09:31 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/22/pft-heroes-2010-vote-for-the-top-offensive-lineman-of-the-year/

Josh has 42% of the vote so far for top offensive lineman.

mission
02-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Voted!

It's close versus Pouncey. They're closing the gap! :P

pbmax
02-22-2011, 10:14 PM
Spread the word, he's only up by 63 votes.

HarveyWallbangers
02-22-2011, 10:44 PM
He's up by over 100 now. I think Joe Thomas is making a late push. Some Packer/Badger fans might have gotten sidetracked. :)

Bretsky
02-23-2011, 08:36 AM
Homers

RashanGary
02-23-2011, 08:57 AM
Homers

Well, we got the hardware to prove it. The Bear bandwagon is looking pretty empty. I'm sure there's room for a pessimist there ;)

Does anyone remember a play where Sitton screwed up? I don't. Colledge, Wells and Sitton were rocks down the stretch this year. We had really good OL play.

Smidgeon
02-23-2011, 10:54 AM
Plus, Sitton won the Offensive Lineman of the Year award as voted on by former NFL OLinemen.

mission
02-23-2011, 10:57 AM
I can't think of a single instance where I was mad at Sitton this year. Maybe Suh did something in the second game but I sure don't remember it.

pbmax
02-23-2011, 11:23 AM
Homers

Says the resident draft a Badger enthusiast. :)

pbmax
02-23-2011, 11:27 AM
He's down 350 to Thomas. Is Pouncey really a candidate for O lineman of the year? Isn't that an overselling of the Rookie of the Year?

Carolina's center is supposed to be the best in football.

RashanGary
02-23-2011, 12:53 PM
I can't think of a single instance where I was mad at Sitton this year. Maybe Suh did something in the second game but I sure don't remember it.

Wilfork bent him back a couple times too. Wilfork is a f-in beast. I haven't really paid attn to him until that game.

His bad plays are alright though and they are few and far between.

Come on, B. Every time we like something about the Packers it's not homerism. The Packers are good. They were all year. Had some tough breaks early but won the title. When we say we had tough breaks, you say, "ha, homers". But look, we're SB champs. Best team in the NFL. NONE better. Maybe sometimes they are as good as they seem.

Old School
02-23-2011, 01:00 PM
The vote isn't looking good.

Is it that once you make it to the top, and are a threat to continue contending, you are no longer as well liked?

Guiness
02-23-2011, 03:50 PM
Great to see Sitton being mentioned. I knew he was good, but really had no idea just how good, until he won the aforementioned OL of the year award.

Hard to beat out Joe Thomas though - best lineman in the league at the most important position on the line. I don't know that he's necessarily head and shoulders above the rest of the LTs in the league. Jake Long isn't much behind him, and it will be interesting to see how Jamal Brown plays another year removed from surgery.

Bretsky
02-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Wilfork bent him back a couple times too. Wilfork is a f-in beast. I haven't really paid attn to him until that game.

His bad plays are alright though and they are few and far between.

Come on, B. Every time we like something about the Packers it's not homerism. The Packers are good. They were all year. Had some tough breaks early but won the title. When we say we had tough breaks, you say, "ha, homers". But look, we're SB champs. Best team in the NFL. NONE better. Maybe sometimes they are as good as they seem.

Just sayin

Thomas

mission
02-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Just sayin

Thomas

Totally. No one's going to argue that, especially him being a Badger. We're just excited one of our guys is being mentioned in this group and think he deserves it.

MadtownPacker
02-23-2011, 09:39 PM
I dont give a fuck who it is. I always vote G&G. Then I read the shit thread. Then I vote again if it lets me but this one dont.

How the hell is he losing by a lousy 600? You sorry putos need to get your homies to vote cuz 600 aint shit.

get louder at lambeau
02-24-2011, 01:22 PM
I dont give a fuck who it is. I always vote G&G. Then I read the shit thread. Then I vote again if it lets me but this one dont.

How the hell is he losing by a lousy 600? You sorry putos need to get your homies to vote cuz 600 aint shit.

You can vote again if you clear your cookies. I voted a few times now. I feel a little bit guilty though, because I'm not sure the best RG should ever beat the best LT. You could probably plug Joe Thomas in at RG and he would tear it up.

Bretsky
02-24-2011, 01:28 PM
agree Mission; behind Big Joe Sitton would probably be my next vote

RashanGary
02-24-2011, 02:27 PM
Just sayin

Thomas

I don't watch Thomas much, but I know he's been a stud there since day one. I really don't know how to vote for this, so if it's my vote, I vote for the one guy I really know.

That said, Thomas's reputation is elite. He's probably better and he plays LT but we're still going to jump around for our guy. Plus, Sitton is funny as hell. He has a laid back, don't give a shit sense of humor and a toughness to him that's cool. He's going to go down as a special Packer and a fan favorite some day I think. He's the best lineman we've had since Clifton in his prime. I think he's Better than Rivera, Flannagan or Wahle.

Joemailman
02-24-2011, 05:38 PM
You can vote again if you clear your cookies.

I'm not sure I want to go through bulimia just so I can vote again.

get louder at lambeau
02-24-2011, 06:18 PM
I'm not sure I want to go through bulimia just so I can vote again.

Then just poop your cookies out tomorrow and vote again.