PDA

View Full Version : MOOKIE COMES TO TOWN. Packers sign free agent G.

gbpackfan
08-10-2006, 05:24 PM
Some what expected. More will be signed and given a look over the next couple of weeks. We need depth!

From Packers.com

Packers Sign Guard Michael 'Mookie' Moore

posted 08/10/2006

The Green Bay Packers Thursday signed free agent guard Michael 'Mookie Moore. Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations, announced the signing.

Moore, a 6-foot-2, 318-pound player out of Troy State, is a sixth-year veteran who previously has spent time with three organizations. Originally selected by the Washington Redskins in the fourth round of the 2000 NFL Draft, Moore played in five games, including one start, during his rookie season.

He spent the next two seasons with the Denver Broncos before signing with the Atlanta Falcons in 2003. Moore started the season opener in 2004 but was placed on I.R. on Sept. 4 with a shoulder injury. He subsequently was waived on Sept. 9.

In 1999, the Fayette, Ala., native started all 11 games at left tackle at Troy State. He played three seasons at right guard at Alabama before the transfer.

Moore has been assigned No. 57

HarveyWallbangers
08-10-2006, 05:27 PM
He knows the scheme, so maybe he can help the young guys in some small way. He actually was the projected starter for Atlanta one year, but injuries have sidetracked. I doubt he makes the final roster. We need a backup at OT, and I don't think he can play there.

MJZiggy
08-10-2006, 05:29 PM
Who's backing up Wells?

gbpackfan
08-10-2006, 05:30 PM
Chris White (I believe) and I think they are pretty high on him. Spitz can also play center.

MJZiggy
08-10-2006, 05:32 PM
But Spitz can't back up center if he's playing guard. Is White backing anyone else up?

Tony Oday
08-10-2006, 05:37 PM
I like it a guy that knows the system.

woodbuck27
08-10-2006, 05:40 PM
But Spitz can't back up center if he's playing guard. Is White backing anyone else up?

MJ:

Chris White is set on the depth chart today as only a #2 at Center, with #3 at Center Wayne Lucier, who also is listed at #3 at LG.

I thought that C/G Wayne Lucier was having a pretty decent adjustment for us?

gbpackfan
08-10-2006, 05:50 PM
You are right, Spitz can not play center and guard at the same time. However, we need to keep guys who can play more then one position in case of injury. IF Wells and White were to both go down, I would guess that Spitz would move over to C and Peko or a back up G would fill in for Spitz. Sometimes, when injuries occur, the O linemen have to be shifted. It is not what you WANT to do, but sometimes it is was HAS to happen. Now if Lucier is having a good camp and can backup at C and G, he would be nice to keep around.

MJZiggy
08-10-2006, 05:58 PM
I'm just trying to completely figure out the o-line backup situation based on Harvey's post that he doesn't think Moore makes the final cutdown. Whether I think this is a good signing or not depends entirely on whether we have enough depth to cover all our hamstrings should the dude not make the team. Like you said, if Spitz is playing guard he can't be playing center and if Moore can play center and he frees Lucier or someone else to back up Tackle, then he may get his roster spot.

Scott Campbell
08-10-2006, 06:43 PM
I'm just trying to completely figure out the o-line backup situation based on Harvey's post that he doesn't think Moore makes the final cutdown. Whether I think this is a good signing or not depends entirely on whe

There should be quite a few players available in the coming weeks as teams pare down to their final rosters. I'm guessing that Ted will continue to add some depth.

billy_oliver880
08-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Am I the only one that finds signing a guy named Michael Moore amusing? :cool:

I think we need some depth...can he play tackle as well?

4and12to12and4
08-10-2006, 09:30 PM
So, if Michael Moore makes the team, do you think there will be a ton of media at the New Orleans game? ...

This is a riddle. Who can solve it?

HarveyWallbangers
08-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Am I the only one that finds signing a guy named Michael Moore amusing?

He's definitely a LG.
:D

I wonder if he's a fat, annoying, lying, dumb ass also.

gbpackfan
08-10-2006, 10:19 PM
So, if Michael Moore makes the team, do you think there will be a ton of media at the New Orleans game? ...

Michael Moore spent over a month in New Orleans in 2005 helping out Katrina victims.

HarveyWallbangers
08-10-2006, 10:46 PM
Michael Moore spent over a month in New Orleans in 2005 helping out Katrina victims.

I'm sure that wasn't a publicity stunt. I'd be quite the humanitarian also if I made a boatload of money by sitting on my ass, making up conspiracies. The first Michael Moore "documentary" wasn't bad. The rest have been complete nonsense.

Guiness
08-10-2006, 11:59 PM

I'm sure that wasn't a publicity stunt. I'd be quite the humanitarian also if I made a boatload of money by sitting on my ass, making up conspiracies. The first Michael Moore "documentary" wasn't bad. The rest have been complete nonsense.

While I agree that he dreams up consipiracy theories to beat the band, I don't think he's a liar. He doesn't make shit up, and that's what drives the people who dislike him crazy!

GrnBay007
08-11-2006, 12:02 AM
Do I need to stop this car and send you boys to FYI? :razz: :wink:

gbpackfan
08-11-2006, 08:08 AM

While I agree that he dreams up consipiracy theories to beat the band, I don't think he's a liar. He doesn't make shit up, and that's what drives the people who dislike him crazy!

Umm, hate to break it to you but Michael Moore is a lying piece of shit. I don't like him because he spreads lies and tries to pass his bullshit off as truth. And I AM NOT a Republican or a Democrat! If a party has a stance that I believe in, I agree with them. And I believe democrats and republicans are full of shit!

Terry
08-11-2006, 08:09 AM

I dunno if I'd go so far as to call the rest nonsense, but you're right that he changed after his first documentary. It's like he became a showman and that was most important to him after the first, which wasn't like that.

4and12to12and4
08-11-2006, 08:54 PM

OK, as bad as it may be, here is the answer to the riddle.

The media will show up because Michael Moore and "Bush" will both be at the game. OK, I know, that was bad. :cry: