PDA

View Full Version : About time!

BobDobbs
02-28-2011, 03:05 PM
Now is your chance!

JSO is looking for the next Bob McGinn or Cliff Christl. Well, actually the next Bedard. I'm thinking that someone here can do the job better than whatever yahoo that ends up being hired.

And think of the perks! You get an earful directly from everyone here at Rats. Plus, free snacks if Silverstein doesn't eat them all.

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1234461

sharpe1027
02-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Sure, pick a poster from here. He/she can post some general ideas for an article here, let people tear it apart from all angles and Patler can add some obscure but relevant statistics. The articles will practically write themselves.

Fritz
02-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Vince, PB, KYPack, any of them, with Patler assisting.

Bretsky
02-28-2011, 06:43 PM
I could so be Bedard
and everybody in here would continue to dislike me.....lol

MJZiggy
02-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Those three could prolly pull it off without Patler helping. Patler could pull it off without them helping too.

Joemailman
02-28-2011, 08:40 PM
Maybe Patler will bring back his April Fool's joke.

RashanGary
02-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Vince, PB, KYPack, any of them, with Patler assisting.

It's too bad regular people who enjoy following sports don't get the chance. Any of these guys would be better than Bedard was. Bedard had excellent work ethic though. It seemed he was always adding something once or twice each day.

RashanGary
02-28-2011, 08:45 PM
Christl and McGinn are both irreplacable types.

Christl brought a simple, common sense opinion that was backed with decades of football experience. He reminds me of Larry McCarren, he just knows his shit and didn't make it complicated.

McGinn is incredibly organized, loaded with sources, hard working, smart, interesting and persuasive. While I've gotten incredibly pissed off at some of the pot stirring he does from time to time, I appreciate the unique angles he brings us through his experience, resources and best sources in the Packer journalism buis.

I hope JS can find another superstar to groom behind McGinn.

pbmax
02-28-2011, 08:56 PM
I don't care how many nice compliments are paid, I am not Tweeting.

Unless its a BOATLOAD of cash.

Zool
02-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Those three could prolly pull it off without Patler helping. Patler could pull it off without them helping too.

Really? No one's going to take this one?

SkinBasket
03-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Really? No one's going to take this one?

I don't know if that would be allowed without a chastising rebuke from our fearless leader.