PDA

View Full Version : JaMarcus Russell - out of money or just irresponsible?

Patler
03-04-2011, 06:36 AM
Apparently he faces foreclosure on his $3 million house.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/JaMarcus-Russell-facing-foreclosure-on-his-mansion.html

After having received $40 million from the Raiders? I've heard of people being bad with money management, but this takes the prize.

mraynrand
03-04-2011, 06:54 AM
out of money or just irresponsible? sounds like both, plus probably some good ole' exploitation in there to boot. "Where are all you sycophants NOW???" cries out Jamarco in the darkness.

Cheesehead Craig
03-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Raider money has to be converted to real money given the complete idiots they sign there. So $40M there equals about $5.72M in real money.

Tarlam!
03-04-2011, 10:20 AM
This is a classic case of believing your own press coverage going in, then disbelieving it going out. Guy scores 24 on the wonderlic and I wonder how it could happen. Either the Wonderlic or the downfall. I find it really sad.

Freak Out
03-04-2011, 11:46 AM
I had to stop myself from making a few inappropriate Louisiana remarks.

Guiness
03-04-2011, 12:34 PM
That's pretty insane. Reading the linked article about how the money was paid out was interesting as well. Pretty convoluted.

I know he didn't see it all (taxes, agent, etc), but he still grossed $30mil and can't pay the mortgage...wow. This guy had a pretty high Wonderlific as well.

MadtownPacker
03-04-2011, 02:39 PM
I had to stop myself from making a few inappropriate Louisiana remarks.

Bitch ass!

This fool was never worth a shit so fuck him!

The Weasel
03-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Shouldn't have been drinking syrup and blowing $10K a night at strip clubs, not to mention giving money away like an idiot. (I remember reading an article about this when he got arrested.)

Tarlam!
03-05-2011, 08:41 AM
Bitch ass!

This fool was never worth a shit so fuck him!

I agree 100%. But Favre was a fucked up redneck until he got traded and disciplined and isolated from big city distractions, or at least that's the way I've heard it told. He just had a big arm.

I could imagine after the depth of the fall Russell has had, he might be somewhat more malleable. A town like Buffalo or GB could be just what he needs to turn it around. I know nothing about the coaching staff or locker room of Buffalo, but I bet M3 and Clements could help him realize his potential and the locker room wouldn't tolerate any shit. He'd be cheap as chips to sign and he has a big arm. If he spent a coupla seasons holding a clipboard, did QB school and kept his nose clean, he'd be rehabilitated and TT could trade him for a mid round pick.

I know, I need to take my meds.

Fritz
03-05-2011, 09:31 AM
I agree 100%. But Favre was a fucked up redneck until he got traded and disciplined and isolated from big city distractions, or at least that's the way I've heard it told. He just had a big arm.

I could imagine after the depth of the fall Russell has had, he might be somewhat more malleable. A town like Buffalo or GB could be just what he needs to turn it around. I know nothing about the coaching staff or locker room of Buffalo, but I bet M3 and Clements could help him realize his potential and the locker room wouldn't tolerate any shit. He'd be cheap as chips to sign and he has a big arm. If he spent a coupla seasons holding a clipboard, did QB school and kept his nose clean, he'd be rehabilitated and TT could trade him for a mid round pick.

I know, I need to take my meds.

And Jamarcus Russell knows just where you can get some really good meds, Tar.

Little Whiskey
03-07-2011, 01:12 PM
This is a classic case of believing your own press coverage going in, then disbelieving it going out. Guy scores 24 on the wonderlic and I wonder how it could happen. Either the Wonderlic or the downfall. I find it really sad.

its also a case of forgetting what the average length of career in the NFL is. just becasue you're making that kinda money today, doesn't mean your makeing it next year!

SnakeLH2006
03-08-2011, 03:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKd35EmCIx8

Chappelle sums it up well.