PDA

View Full Version : Packers agreed to terms with S Charlie Perpah

packers11
03-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Packers agreed to terms with S Charlie Peprah to a two-year, $2.3 million contract.

Peprah is likely headed back to a reserve role with Morgan Burnett expected to reclaim the strong safety job in 2011. Peprah is a favorite of the coaching staff, and the deal keeps him off the open market as a five-year vet. The Packers will now move on from free agent Atari Bigby.

I'm glad to have him back , he is a serviceable backup if a starter does indeed go down again...

mission
03-04-2011, 12:07 PM
Gotta love Pep. He's (a poor man's?) AJ Hawk of our secondary. Will provide good insurance for Burnett.

rbaloha1
03-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Very improved player. While not possessing Collins speed, Peprah takes good angles. Its nice the Packers are retaining majority of players. Further solidifies the upcoming mini dynasty.

mission
03-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Very improved player. While not possessing Collins speed, Peprah takes good angles. Its nice the Packers are retaining majority of players. Further solidifies the upcoming mini dynasty.

Why does it gotta be mini? Why not SUPER DYNASTY!? :lol:

Freak Out
03-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Very nice to hear Pep Boy is back.....but what about Atari? :)

Lurker64
03-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Why does it gotta be mini? Why not SUPER DYNASTY!? :lol:

Peprah is clearly the key cog for the super dynasty.

Cheesehead Craig
03-04-2011, 02:08 PM
He played better than anyone thought last year. Big confidence booster for the young man and should something happen to Morgan again, we have a very good backup. The good news just keeps coming.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Peprah had a great season. If he didn't play as good as he did we would have had a big hole in the secondary. How could you not like this deal? Very reasonable. I feel good about going into the season with Collins, Burnett, and Peprah at safety. I would imagine the Bigby is all but gone now. Since we have our two starters in Collins and Burnett and a solid backup in Peprah, I think the fourth safety stop would be better served for a young guy we could develop and who would improve our special teams. Don’t really see the point of keeping a slow 30 year old that will be no greater than 4th on the depth chart. Doesn’t that Anthony Levine guy have good potential?

retailguy
03-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Doesn’t that Anthony Levine guy have good potential?

Nope. Patler cursed him a while back with the "Atlas Herrion" curse. The guy is fucked.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-04-2011, 04:29 PM
I remember that Herrion guy lol. Never saw the field though. Dam Patler!

Joemailman
03-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Peprah did a nice job considering he's a marginal talent. Doubtful he'll ever be any better than he was last year. Damn nice guy to have around in case of an injury though. Good to see he didn't overestimate what his value would be worth on the open market. I gotta admit I thought he'd never be more than a ST guy. I suspect Darren Perry deserves a lot of credit for what Peprah accomplished last year.

Bretsky
03-04-2011, 05:14 PM
stellar move
good job TT

rbaloha1
03-04-2011, 05:31 PM

Aloha

Bretsky
03-04-2011, 06:03 PM

ATARI BIGBY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHiU-ftFDwg

Patler
03-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Doesn’t that Anthony Levine guy have good potential?

Nope. Patler cursed him a while back with the "Atlas Herrion" curse. The guy is fucked.

I remember that Herrion guy lol. Never saw the field though. Dam Patler!

:thank: :thank:

Fritz
03-05-2011, 09:43 AM
Oh, he still has great potential, Levine. The coaches speak highly of him - MM mentioned the guy again the other day - something along the lines of "and don't forget about Anthony Levine."

However, he will never fulfill that potential, thanks to the Atlas Herrion curse of said Patler. I wonder if Levine can sue Patler for causing his career to go south???