PDA

View Full Version : Packers Dot Com: 10 Plays That Saved The Season

pbmax
03-05-2011, 01:06 PM
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Ten-plays-that-saved-the-season/74665c03-b2d2-4ae3-939d-1d662164ec42

Article and video highlights. However, isn't the DeSean Jackson punt return really just a matter of the NFC East winner/wild card as opposed to opening the door to the Packers playoff spot?

http://prod.video.packers.clubs.nfl.com/GB/videos/2011/03-march/04-mar/110304ten_plays_saved_season.mp4

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-05-2011, 01:16 PM
No, if the eagles don't win that game we are not in the playoffs.

Spaulding
03-05-2011, 01:26 PM
No, if the eagles don't win that game we are not in the playoffs.

I still don't understand why though. We beat the Eagles head to head and would then have tied with the Eagles at 10-6 instead of the Giants. I believe we would then have still won the three-way tie with the Bucs and Giants.

Lurker64
03-05-2011, 01:35 PM
More important than the Giants-Eagles outcome, I think we have to be extremely thankful for Detroit beating Tampa Bay (in overtime no less). Otherwise, the Bucs are 11-5 and there's no tiebreaker for the second wildcard spot.

bobblehead
03-05-2011, 04:08 PM
I hate what ifs. What if CM3 didn't miss games. What if ARod didn't do that QB sneak and get a concussion. What if the officials hadn't handed the Bears game 1. What if JJ didn't fumble in that bears game. What if Crosby doesn't hit the upright. What if a DL doesn't get a return inside the 10.

And these are just the ones that I can think of right off the top of my head without going back and reviewing the games. Oh, one more. What if Randy Moss gets away with the 2 handed shove in the back like he always has against us.

gbgary
03-05-2011, 04:55 PM
I hate what ifs. What if CM3 didn't miss games. What if ARod didn't do that QB sneak and get a concussion. What if the officials hadn't handed the Bears game 1. What if JJ didn't fumble in that bears game. What if Crosby doesn't hit the upright. What if a DL doesn't get a return inside the 10.

And these are just the ones that I can think of right off the top of my head without going back and reviewing the games. Oh, one more. What if Randy Moss gets away with the 2 handed shove in the back like he always has against us.

i do too. what if mm had been a good playcaller all season...they'd have been 16-0. lol

Bossman641
03-05-2011, 05:29 PM

What if the officials don't give Gonzalez the catch on 4th down? What if the Falcons didn't have their replay system on delay? What if Jennings doesn't drop that TD against Detroit? What if Rodgers doesn't fumble at the 1 against Atlanta?

channtheman
03-05-2011, 06:17 PM
I think the play bigger than Tramon's pick in the Philly playoff game is the play just before it where Bishop got a shoe string tackle on Jackson. If Bishop had missed that tackle, Jackson would have scored.

pbmax
03-05-2011, 08:23 PM
I think the play bigger than Tramon's pick in the Philly playoff game is the play just before it where Bishop got a shoe string tackle on Jackson. If Bishop had missed that tackle, Jackson would have scored.

Agree with this.

The rest of you are just way too cranky for having a Super Bowl win to celebrate. Let the good feeling flow through you. Celebrate it. Live it. Bask in it. Be a complete and total front runner. Nothing can take it away. No amount of questionable calls, injuries or cries of "Goodell's favorites" can mar this season.

World 'Freaking' Champions.

For the 13th time.

Tarlam!
03-05-2011, 09:59 PM
You guys are forgetting the biggest "what if" of all. The reason the Packers won it all.

"What if Bretsky didn't take over starting the Official Gameday Threads on Packer Rats on the Giants Game?"

channtheman
03-05-2011, 10:10 PM
You guys are forgetting the biggest "what if" of all. The reason the Packers won it all.

"What if Bretsky didn't take over starting the Official Gameday Threads on Packer Rats on the Giants Game?"
:bclap::bclap::bclap::bclap:

bobblehead
03-06-2011, 08:11 AM
Agree with this.

The rest of you are just way too cranky for having a Super Bowl win to celebrate. Let the good feeling flow through you. Celebrate it. Live it. Bask in it. Be a complete and total front runner. Nothing can take it away. No amount of questionable calls, injuries or cries of "Goodell's favorites" can mar this season.

World 'Freaking' Champions.

For the 13th time.

I actually read the article now...the title is misleading. Makes it sound like the season was lucky because of a handful of plays. In reality it was just giving credit for huge plays (the only one a rat quoted was the NY/Phi game so it made it sound like we just got lucky). That one play that wasn't a game of ours was simply stupid to include in the list. What if Calvin Johnson gets credit for showing the official the ball and waving it around in week 1 before getting up....the Bears don't even make the fricking playoffs.

Pugger
03-06-2011, 08:51 AM
I still don't understand why though. We beat the Eagles head to head and would then have tied with the Eagles at 10-6 instead of the Giants. I believe we would then have still won the three-way tie with the Bucs and Giants.

After week 14 most folks figured Philly would win that division so we had to look at wild card teams because we just lost 2 in a row to Detroit and NE and were now 2 games back of the bares so winning the north looked bleak. Because Philly beat NY we then had a chance to beat the Gmen the following week and thus be ahead of them in the wild card chase. We'd have the same record but would win the tie-braker head to head.

KYPack
03-06-2011, 10:26 AM
I actually read the article now...the title is misleading. Makes it sound like the season was lucky because of a handful of plays. In reality it was just giving credit for huge plays (the only one a rat quoted was the NY/Phi game so it made it sound like we just got lucky). That one play that wasn't a game of ours was simply stupid to include in the list. What if Calvin Johnson gets credit for showing the official the ball and waving it around in week 1 before getting up....the Bears don't even make the fricking playoffs.

The Bears were so lucky last year, it was sick.

There is no way they retain a tenth of the lucky shit they scarfed up on last year.

Fritz
03-06-2011, 10:33 AM
The Bears were so lucky last year, it was sick.

There is no way they retain a tenth of the lucky shit they scarfed up on last year.

Translation: Da Bears eat feces.

Pugger
03-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Translation: Da Bears eat feces.

:lol: :lol:

Little Whiskey
03-07-2011, 01:07 PM

i do too. what if mm had been a good playcaller all season...they'd have been 16-0. lol

what if you guys just played along instead of hating what-if games? :)