PDA

View Full Version : Taurus Judge

Brando19
03-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Anyone own one of these or shot one? I'm thinking about getting one with the 6.5" barrel. These guns shoot 410 shells and .45 LC.

MJZiggy
03-06-2011, 05:21 PM
See and I was going to say that it might be Ford's best offering, but you can still do better with a Honda or something.

Iron Mike
03-06-2011, 05:26 PM
<== imagines the fun that Ty Bigguns could have in this thread. :)

Brando19
03-06-2011, 07:26 PM
See and I was going to say that it might be Ford's best offering, but you can still do better with a Honda or something.

LOL!!! Good one, Zig.

easy cheesy
03-06-2011, 07:37 PM
I have a cap gun... it shoots confetti and shit... well... not "shit"... but...

red
03-06-2011, 07:48 PM
i just saw one of these in a magazine just the other day. it seems like a cool idea being able to shoot 410 and 45's

seems like a great gun to have in the woods, but i have no clue how it shoots

Brando19
03-06-2011, 09:14 PM
i just saw one of these in a magazine just the other day. it seems like a cool idea being able to shoot 410 and 45's

seems like a great gun to have in the woods, but i have no clue how it shoots

It does seem cool. I'd like to carry it in the woods as well and maybe shoot clay pigeons with it. Also, it should make for a hell of a home defense gun. It has alot of good reviews. I've been looking at local gunshops and online...the best deal I've found is actually in Green Bay, lol. Here's the website,
http://www.thegunsource.com/item/52232__Taurus_Hand_Guns_Pistols_TAURUS_44TEN_45LC_ 410_6_5.aspx?SR=1

SkinBasket
03-06-2011, 09:15 PM
My wife shoots a Taurus 24/7 and I've used one of those 92 imitations too. The only problem I've had is that the cases eject straight back, landing on your head or down your shirt. Obviously, with a revolver, this isn't an issue, but I do think the judge looks a little queer. In a gay way.

Brando19
03-06-2011, 09:30 PM
My wife shoots a Taurus 24/7 and I've used one of those 92 imitations too. The only problem I've had is that the cases eject straight back, landing on your head or down your shirt. Obviously, with a revolver, this isn't an issue, but I do think the judge looks a little queer. In a gay way.

I have a PT 911 Taurus 9mm and I like it, but it does exactly what you say...the cases eject straight back. You think the judge looks queer? WTF? I think it looks badass.

Little Whiskey
03-07-2011, 11:09 AM
the judge is a revolver with short barrel. I would imagine it would be horrible for shooting clay's. short distance home defense on the otherhand...... i'm going to guess that's why they call it the judge. I believe it also has a buckshot over slug load as well. 3 slugs behind buck shot. not bad.

SkinBasket
03-07-2011, 12:29 PM
I have a PT 911 Taurus 9mm and I like it, but it does exactly what you say...the cases eject straight back. You think the judge looks queer? WTF? I think it looks badass.

I have to admit, I'm not a big revolver fan at all. I've always thought they look queer. About the only revolver I've ever thought looked cool, when I was about 12 mind you, was the Super Red hawk...

http://www.proguns.com/images/used-guns/usedguns247-904/324rugersuperredhawk.jpg

This is the direction I'm going for my birthday.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_80_yaznP3lM/TRefX0q02oI/AAAAAAAABKw/fg_TNVAzyTk/s1600/Sig556.jpg

I also own a CZ Duty that my wife thinks is ugly, but I think is beautiful, so maybe I just have bad taste.

Freak Out
03-07-2011, 12:45 PM
I have a public defender and love it......started a thread about it some time ago I think......? As a home defense or vehicle gun it's fantastic and the reliability of a revolver cannot be beat.

Deputy Nutz
03-07-2011, 03:03 PM
I suggest that any of you break into Skinbasket's house, he is a horrible shot and his hands shake a lot.

I like the idea of .410 for home defense, but outside it is jackshit worthless.

mraynrand
03-07-2011, 04:24 PM
I use a baseball bat for home defense. I saw some statistic where they say most people miss with their stupid guns when trying to shoot a burglar in the home. I haven't missed yet with my bat and the blood and brain material cleans off easier than you would think.

Guiness
03-07-2011, 05:21 PM
I suggest that any of you break into Skinbasket's house, he is a horrible shot and his hands shake a lot.

Can't speak for home defense and the like, but a .410 is not worthless outside. It's a .410 is a great bird gun. I use it for partridge and grouse. Much lighter weight and kick than a 12 gauge, and a lot less messy if you shoot low.

Buckshot over 3 slugs? I understand how you can put a slug behind buckshot, but how do you put 3?

I use a baseball bat for home defense.

Poor choice of weapon, IMO. A hockey stick has better reach, and you can hook and drag a fleeing burglar down if they try and run.

Freak Out
03-07-2011, 05:22 PM

The 410 is there only for the non lethal face shot, shot in the dark or shot to the ass as they run away. :) I never load the thing with the shot shells though. When I'm hunting and might need a small caliber weapon if I flush a spruce hen I pack a 22 pistol and shoot it in the head. Small shot like that is a pain in the ass.

Freak Out
03-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Poor choice of weapon, IMO. A hockey stick has better reach, and you can hook and drag a fleeing burglar down if they try and run.

I always loved the old TJ Hooker nightstick throw to bring a fleeing suspect down.

Little Whiskey
03-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Buckshot over 3 slugs? I understand how you can put a slug behind buckshot, but how do you put 3?

its 3 flat discs. not a full size deer slugs.

red
03-07-2011, 07:35 PM
the judge is a revolver with short barrel. I would imagine it would be horrible for shooting clay's. short distance home defense on the otherhand...... i'm going to guess that's why they call it the judge. I believe it also has a buckshot over slug load as well. 3 slugs behind buck shot. not bad.

my old man wants one for being out in the woods/ he likes to hunt birds and he has a lot of bears, coyotes, and wolfs running around where he hunts. so this seemed like the perfect gun.

he also wants to be able to fuck up someone if they break into my folks house. also seems nice for that

thats why i started to look at it. i watched a youtube video though of a guy shooting one. he couldn't hit shit from about 20 feet away with the buckshot or the 410. so it makes me wonder about the short barrel.

and i agree the short barrel version looks a little queer. the 6.5 barrel looks nice though

Brando19
03-07-2011, 08:45 PM
I have to admit, I'm not a big revolver fan at all. I've always thought they look queer. About the only revolver I've ever thought looked cool, when I was about 12 mind you, was the Super Red hawk...

http://www.proguns.com/images/used-guns/usedguns247-904/324rugersuperredhawk.jpg

This is the direction I'm going for my birthday.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_80_yaznP3lM/TRefX0q02oI/AAAAAAAABKw/fg_TNVAzyTk/s1600/Sig556.jpg

I also own a CZ Duty that my wife thinks is ugly, but I think is beautiful, so maybe I just have bad taste.

That redhawk is cool looking. I like revolvers. I'm not that into the SKS type guns, but everyone's taste is different.

Brando19
03-07-2011, 08:46 PM

I want a 6.5" barrel Judge. Youtube has videos of ppl shooting clays. I know I won't be able to reach out there 30 yards, but it'll be a nice challenge. The home defense part of it caught my attention as well.

Brando19
03-07-2011, 08:47 PM
I have a public defender and love it......started a thread about it some time ago I think......? As a home defense or vehicle gun it's fantastic and the reliability of a revolver cannot be beat.

Awesome....glad you like yours. I think I'm gonna order one this week.

Brando19
03-07-2011, 08:48 PM
my old man wants one for being out in the woods/ he likes to hunt birds and he has a lot of bears, coyotes, and wolfs running around where he hunts. so this seemed like the perfect gun.

he also wants to be able to fuck up someone if they break into my folks house. also seems nice for that

thats why i started to look at it. i watched a youtube video though of a guy shooting one. he couldn't hit shit from about 20 feet away with the buckshot or the 410. so it makes me wonder about the short barrel.

and i agree the short barrel version looks a little queer. the 6.5 barrel looks nice though

I think the 6.5" barrel looks cool, too. If I get one...I'll let you know what I think so you can tell your dad.

Deputy Nutz
03-07-2011, 09:15 PM
He is not going to get that gun, his wife has already bailed on him twice with it, once to buy clothes for herself and the other time was because she spent too much money on herself at Christmas.

mraynrand
03-07-2011, 09:25 PM
SKINDIVA!

Brando19
03-07-2011, 09:33 PM
He is not going to get that gun, his wife has already bailed on him twice with it, once to buy clothes for herself and the other time was because she spent too much money on herself at Christmas.

HAHA

SnakeLH2006
03-08-2011, 03:18 AM
I'm a Taurus but rather be a Killa Whale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TocNqMZt6F0

SkinBasket
03-08-2011, 06:14 AM

It's too late. She already bought the ammo. She can't turn back now and there's more outdoor ranges than indoor down here. She wants a ruger mini 14 to match caliber.

And I think someone is still sore he didn't get anything for Christmas.

Zool
03-08-2011, 09:17 AM
And I think someone is still sore he didn't get anything for Christmas.

Or maybe he's still sore from what he DID get at Christmas?

Deputy Nutz
03-08-2011, 10:31 AM
I wouldn't get the mini 14. Not a big fan although it is pretty neat if you can find an older one in a .45. It is more rifle than assult rifle and the older ones did have some malfunctions if I remember correctly. I will get back to you.

Deputy Nutz
03-08-2011, 10:32 AM
I was thinking of the ranch rifle. Apparently they make all different kinds of mini 14s now.

SkinBasket
03-08-2011, 11:28 AM
I was thinking of the ranch rifle. Apparently they make all different kinds of mini 14s now.

She likes the black and SS one she saw at a store, like this, but sans scope...

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/images/D11/55/55826.jpg

SkinBasket
03-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Another consideration.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/images/D11/50/50840.jpg

Iron Mike
03-08-2011, 05:57 PM
You also gotta get the gear.....

http://dirtcheapgunparts.com/buy/image/cache/data/taurus%20judge%20t-shirt-500x500.jpg

Brando19
03-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Iron Mike...that's an awesome shirt.
Skin...that Equinox is badass.
Well...today I went to a gunshow and a guy had a BRAND NEW Taurus Tracker 357 Magnum with a 6.5" barrel. I ended up trading him my Rossi 38 Special and $150 for it. This 357 is bad. I shot from about 35 yards today and it's very accurate. Next time I'm wearing ear plugs...it's LOUD.

Little Whiskey
03-09-2011, 06:32 AM
always wear earplugs and glasses anytime you shoot.

the only time i stray from that is while hunting.

SkinBasket
03-09-2011, 07:08 AM
Iron Mike...that's an awesome shirt.
Skin...that Equinox is badass.
Well...today I went to a gunshow and a guy had a BRAND NEW Taurus Tracker 357 Magnum with a 6.5" barrel. I ended up trading him my Rossi 38 Special and $150 for it. This 357 is bad. I shot from about 35 yards today and it's very accurate. Next time I'm wearing ear plugs...it's LOUD.

I inherited two 6.5" .22 Trackers recently, but haven't fired either yet. Does yours have those goofy spongy grooved grips? That's the only thing I don't like about them so far. I have to say, they are less queer looking than most, so you get a "well done!" from the SkinBasket.

Brando19
03-09-2011, 08:32 PM
I inherited two 6.5" .22 Trackers recently, but haven't fired either yet. Does yours have those goofy spongy grooved grips? That's the only thing I don't like about them so far. I have to say, they are less queer looking than most, so you get a "well done!" from the SkinBasket.

Thanks for the well done, Skin. I kinda like the grips. Taurus calls them "ribber" grips because they're rubber and ribbed. Kinda sounds like an ad for condoms. It's supposed to cut down on recoil. You should shoot your .22's...I bet you'll like them.

Freak Out
03-09-2011, 10:00 PM
always wear earplugs and glasses anytime you shoot.

the only time i stray from that is while hunting.

He's a fucking Hillbilly......hearing protection? Safety? He's buying guns again rather than finish the indoor plumbing.

Brando19
03-09-2011, 10:09 PM
He's a fucking Hillbilly......hearing protection? Safety? He's buying guns again rather than finish the indoor plumbing.

Indoor plumbing? What's wrong with taking a shit in the woods? And safety? Don't worry...I double wrapped it with your mom every single time. And I'm thinking about getting some hearing protection...damn she's a screamer!

Freak Out
03-10-2011, 12:36 AM
Well...at least you'll be able to protect the family when your nut job cousin comes sneaking around again.

Brando19
03-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Well...at least you'll be able to protect the family when your nut job cousin comes sneaking around again.

Hmm....not much there to disagree with. HAHA!

SkinBasket
03-20-2011, 09:20 AM
If I can get an Ohio driver's license this week, I'll be ordering my Sig, so suck it nutz.

Although, this little beauty's also caught my eye. If I could find it in stock somewhere for a decent price, I might have gone home defense over sexy rifle.

http://www.tombstonetactical.com/images/kel-tec/KSG-1.jpg
Kel-Tec KSG
7 shells in each of 2 tubes (manual switch to bypass certain state laws). 14 12Ga rounds packed into such a short little machine. There's always Christmas.

wootah
03-20-2011, 10:44 AM
Planning a holiday in Libya by any chance?

Little Whiskey
03-20-2011, 11:42 AM
Kentucky has gotten rough over the years. its good to know Skinbasket is there to save the day!

Brando19
03-20-2011, 12:18 PM
If I can get an Ohio driver's license this week, I'll be ordering my Sig, so suck it nutz.

Although, this little beauty's also caught my eye. If I could find it in stock somewhere for a decent price, I might have gone home defense over sexy rifle.

http://www.tombstonetactical.com/images/kel-tec/KSG-1.jpg
Kel-Tec KSG
7 shells in each of 2 tubes (manual switch to bypass certain state laws). 14 12Ga rounds packed into such a short little machine. There's always Christmas.

Holly Piss!!!! I love it!!! Skin...if you're interested...I found it for around $600.

mraynrand
03-20-2011, 01:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUyYace8318

SkinBasket
03-20-2011, 07:03 PM
Holly Piss!!!! I love it!!! Skin...if you're interested...I found it for around $600.

Where at? My normal trusted interweb places are out. You can PM me if you want to keep your sources secret. I do need a back-up plan in case the rifle sells out before I get a license.

Brando19
03-20-2011, 08:22 PM
It said you need to clear your private messages and it won't let me send you one until you do.

swede
03-20-2011, 09:07 PM
First I'd like to acknowledge that this whole unfortunate situation involves the death of one cop and severe injury to another by a suspect that ended up killing himself during an exchange of gunfire with other officers.

But, as long as there are a lot of gun weenies in here, I'd like to ask a few questions of those interested in viewing this video of a SWAT team in action in Fond du Lac:

1) Does this SWAT team need additional training in shutting the Command Vehicle doors?

3) Is it SWAT team protocol to lay down suppressive shotgun fire in the general direction of unaquired targets in residential areas?

http://www.wisn.com/video/27255770/detail.html

Edit: The more I watch the video, the more it seems that almost all of the gunfire may be the perpetrator firing out of the house. It still raises questions about the SWAT team's decisions and tactics regarding the safety of officers and citizens, and I still think the shotgun barrage from the cop is questionable.

mraynrand
03-21-2011, 01:42 AM
Should Bert the Cop be placed on administrative leave after firing into a crowd at an unarmed man?

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/5/52/Bert2.png/500px-Bert2.png

SkinBasket
03-21-2011, 05:59 AM
It said you need to clear your private messages and it won't let me send you one until you do.

Jesus fucking Christ with this fucking forum. I already deleted most of the shit in there before. I'll give it another go.

There. Sorry I'm such a popular fuck. I forgot that Joe can't afford to save more than 3kb of info for us.

Brando19
03-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Jesus fucking Christ with this fucking forum. I already deleted most of the shit in there before. I'll give it another go.

There. Sorry I'm such a popular fuck. I forgot that Joe can't afford to save more than 3kb of info for us.

LOL...ok, Mr. Popularity...I sent it.

Iron Mike
03-21-2011, 06:38 PM
But, as long as there are a lot of gun weenies in here, I'd like to ask a few questions of those interested in viewing this video of a SWAT team in action in Fond du Lac. The more I watch the video, the more it seems that almost all of the gunfire may be the perpetrator firing out of the house.

Guy gets a military funeral....can you believe that $#!)????

Freak Out
03-21-2011, 06:49 PM
Should Bert the Cop be placed on administrative leave after firing into a crowd at an unarmed man?

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/5/52/Bert2.png/500px-Bert2.png

The fucking horror! A colorized version of "It's a wonderful life" ? Was it Ted Turner that came up with that fucked up idea? You both should be shot. :)

Brando19
03-21-2011, 07:03 PM
The fucking horror! A colorized version of "It's a wonderful life" ? Was it Ted Turner that came up with that fucked up idea? You both should be shot. :)

Isn't that police officer that older dude from Sons of Anarchy? :)

SkinBasket
03-21-2011, 08:15 PM
LOL...ok, Mr. Popularity...I sent it.

Goddammit! I wait all this time and delete all my awesome PMs for you to send me a google shopping link?

I only trust a couple of online dealers. Buds is one because they're huge and have a physical location within driving distance. Top Gun Supply in another for the same reason. I'm not trusting some asshole who claims to be in texas to take my CC info and send a firearm to a local FFL.

On a related note, these cocksuckers want me to have an Ohio driver's license. What they don't tell you is that while fuckholes like California will give a fucking license to a fucking known illegal immigrant, here you have to retake the written test with your SS card and valid out of state DL, then show up at a different office with those results, your SS card, birth certificate, and proof of residency just to get a motherfucking Ohio DL.

Actually getting Ohio plates is going to be a fucking trail by fire. It's no wonder this state's gone back red. The state government red tape wrapped around every fucking state function is nauseating.

Little Whiskey
03-21-2011, 08:20 PM

just create another account.......problem solved.

Little Whiskey
03-21-2011, 08:23 PM
Skin, I thought you moved to KY? Are you in southern Ohio? Cincy area?

I'm heading down to cincy the end of the month. any suggestion on places to hang out?

Brando19
03-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Goddammit! I wait all this time and delete all my awesome PMs for you to send me a google shopping link?

I only trust a couple of online dealers. Buds is one because they're huge and have a physical location within driving distance. Top Gun Supply in another for the same reason. I'm not trusting some asshole who claims to be in texas to take my CC info and send a firearm to a local FFL.

On a related note, these cocksuckers want me to have an Ohio driver's license. What they don't tell you is that while fuckholes like California will give a fucking license to a fucking known illegal immigrant, here you have to retake the written test with your SS card and valid out of state DL, then show up at a different office with those results, your SS card, birth certificate, and proof of residency just to get a motherfucking Ohio DL.

Actually getting Ohio plates is going to be a fucking trail by fire. It's no wonder this state's gone back red. The state government red tape wrapped around every fucking state function is nauseating.

what the fuck did you expect me to do? Research where the fuck you live and make sure it's within driving distance of your house? Fucking loon...that gun isn't on any of the sites such as buds gunshop, gunbroker, gunsamerica, etc.. Tell you what...next time I'll call the dealer first and ask them if they know Skin and if they don't I'll tell them to go fuck themselves.

Iron Mike
03-21-2011, 08:53 PM
Man, you can tell when it's the off-season, huh???

Little Whiskey
03-21-2011, 09:20 PM
next time I'll call the dealer first and ask them if they know Skin and if they don't I'll tell them to go fuck themselves.

quote of the offseason! I'm still laughing! thanks brando

Brando19
03-21-2011, 09:25 PM
quote of the offseason! I'm still laughing! thanks brando

lol...thanks, Whiskey. Skin must have thought I was going to PM him a message that said, "Skin...I am sending you a free KSG because you're awesome. Love, Brando."

mraynrand
03-21-2011, 09:26 PM

Welcome to Ohio. Just be glad you don't have to deal with Cuyahoga county or City of Cleveland 'government' or 'services.'

swede
03-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Guy gets a military funeral....can you believe that $#!)????

The shooter or the dead cop? The dead cop was a combat veteran.

SkinBasket
03-22-2011, 07:11 AM
lol...thanks, Whiskey. Skin must have thought I was going to PM him a message that said, "Skin...I am sending you a free KSG because you're awesome. Love, Brando."

You silly hillbilly. I expect you to build me your own version using paper tower tubes and duct tape that shoots used tampons using bleach and tinfoil in a Mountain Dew 2 liter.

Just sayin, while I appreciate your "efforts," sending me a google link was about as helpful.

SkinBasket
03-22-2011, 07:32 AM
Skin, I thought you moved to KY? Are you in southern Ohio? Cincy area?

I'm heading down to cincy the end of the month. any suggestion on places to hang out?

My wife works in Cincinnati. We preferred N KY, but the options for real estate in Jan were pretty limited. We had to expand our search into Ohio, and we ended up in Loveland, about 25-30 minutes NE of CIN. I would send you a google map link, but I figure you can handle that yourself.

I haven't spent much time in CIN proper, but I do know I don't like their popular steak place - Jeff Ruby's that floated down the river last week with Chris Collinsworth inside. If you're feeling fancy, Jean-Roberts Table is highly recommended, and the other decent places for nicer food we've visited were La Poste and Boca. You'll want The Precinct for steak.

For just bar food and drinks, happy hour 5-7 I think, at Blackfinn Bar downtown was comfortable. Although I guess George Cloony hangs out there when he wants to "be the people" so learning that kind of ruined it for me. There's about 82 dozen other places downtown though, so you won't have a problem if you just walk about finding a shitload of choices to eat and/or drink.

Now, if you want a decent shooting range while you're visiting, you'll have to head into Kentucky. The options north of Cincy are G-H-E-T-T-O. The only one I visited to check their store on transfer fees was the most ethnic place I've seen so far. Normally this wouldn't be a bad thing, but all the stereotypes applied. Most looked homeless. While I laughed when nutz accidentally fired a round into the ceiling at the range we used to frequent, this place literally had a shredded ceiling. Not sure what the fuck goes on in there, but I've read reviews that unsafe weapon handling backed by managers who laugh about it is common. I don't want to die at the hand of some dipshit waving his pistol around in air and celebrating after he scores a hit on center mass @ 10 feet, so I think I'll spend the extra 20-25 minutes driving south. Someone's working on an upscale place up this way, One Shot, but it won't be done for a while.

SkinBasket
03-22-2011, 07:33 AM
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/images/D11/60/60740.jpg

Settled on the patrol version. It's in the mail.

Iron Mike
03-22-2011, 07:34 AM
The shooter or the dead cop? The dead cop was a combat veteran.

The shooter was also an Army veteran. The patrol officer got a police escort yesterday from the MEs office to Kenosha, where he's from.

Freak Out
03-22-2011, 12:01 PM
My wife works in Cincinnati. We preferred N KY, but the options for real estate in Jan were pretty limited. We had to expand our search into Ohio, and we ended up in Loveland, about 25-30 minutes NE of CIN. I would send you a google map link, but I figure you can handle that yourself.

I haven't spent much time in CIN proper, but I do know I don't like their popular steak place - Jeff Ruby's that floated down the river last week with Chris Collinsworth inside. If you're feeling fancy, Jean-Roberts Table is highly recommended, and the other decent places for nicer food we've visited were La Poste and Boca. You'll want The Precinct for steak.

For just bar food and drinks, happy hour 5-7 I think, at Blackfinn Bar downtown was comfortable. Although I guess George Cloony hangs out there when he wants to "be the people" so learning that kind of ruined it for me. There's about 82 dozen other places downtown though, so you won't have a problem if you just walk about finding a shitload of choices to eat and/or drink.

Now, if you want a decent shooting range while you're visiting, you'll have to head into Kentucky. The options north of Cincy are G-H-E-T-T-O. The only one I visited to check their store on transfer fees was the most ethnic place I've seen so far. Normally this wouldn't be a bad thing, but all the stereotypes applied. Most looked homeless. While I laughed when nutz accidentally fired a round into the ceiling at the range we used to frequent, this place literally had a shredded ceiling. Not sure what the fuck goes on in there, but I've read reviews that unsafe weapon handling backed by managers who laugh about it is common. I don't want to die at the hand of some dipshit waving his pistol around in air and celebrating after he scores a hit on center mass @ 10 feet, so I think I'll spend the extra 20-25 minutes driving south. Someone's working on an upscale place up this way, One Shot, but it won't be done for a while.

I was at an indoor range a few years ago after a friend bought a new handgun....we watched a guy shoot himself in the face while cleaning his gun that day. I normally go to one outdoor range here in Anchorage that is well managed...or I go up to an old gravel pit nearby where I know I'm the only one around.

mraynrand
03-22-2011, 12:47 PM

Geezus, I haven't been out to dinner/drinks that many times in the past five years! However, I AM still working through that 50 lb. bag of Ol' Roy

http://www.footballhappenings.com/Halloween%2002/Ol%27Roy_DogFood.jpg

Little Whiskey
03-22-2011, 03:39 PM

Thanks SB. I'm heading down with a buddy for the brewers opening series. Probably not gonna feel fancy but might check out blackfinn as we are staying in Downtown Cincy. No gun ranges this time around. If i want to shoot, i just head to my back yard.

SkinBasket
03-22-2011, 03:59 PM
I think the happy hour is half off drinks and appetizers, most of which were plenty tasty.

SkinBasket
03-22-2011, 04:01 PM
Geezus, I haven't been out to dinner/drinks that many times in the past five years! However, I AM still working through that 50 lb. bag of Ol' Roy

We had more time than usual away from the kids while house hunting and then closing. My uterus of origin is coming down to visit this week, so we should be able to check out a couple of other places too. A friend of my sister's suggested a couple of shitholes in Newport we might try. I also didn't mind Don SomethingMexican. It's like Chi-Chi's used to be.

I almost forgot to mention... stay away from the Swiss Miss at the Big Boy's.

mraynrand
03-22-2011, 08:25 PM
I almost forgot to mention... stay away from the Swiss Miss at the Big Boy's.

I'm not allowed up on the table, but anything on the floor is mine

Brando19
03-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Well, I just pressed the Buy Now button on Gunbrokers. That means I'm the owner of a stainless Taurus Judge with a 6.5" barrell. I'll get it at the end of next week and will update you guys on how I like it.

swede
03-23-2011, 11:37 PM
A negative opinion re: the .410 in the Taurus Judge as a defensive load.
Load it with .45's Brando. :)

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot41.htm

Freak Out
03-24-2011, 01:24 AM
A negative opinion re: the .410 in the Taurus Judge as a defensive load.
Load it with .45's Brando. :)

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot41.htm

The Buick of truth.....ha ha.

Brando19
03-24-2011, 06:12 PM
The Buick of truth.....ha ha.

http://www.winchester.com/Products/N.../pdx1-410.aspx This is the recommended shell for the Taurus as far as self defense goes. Trust me...I've pondered and researched enough about this gun that I've read all the negative AND positive reviews there are. I mainly got this gun to have fun with. And with the 6.5" barrell...I should be able to reach out there with this gun. I've seen videos on youtube where the 410 penetrates boards...so I'm pretty sure it would do good on a human. lol

Deputy Nutz
03-25-2011, 12:27 PM

Sounds like a horrible place to live. regret every minute of it asshole.

SkinBasket
03-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Sounds like a horrible place to live. regret every minute of it asshole.

Make me. Take me out for a night to remember Thursday. Does your wife know I'm sleeping with you in case she just wants to get a hotel room instead of the couch?

SkinBasket
04-17-2011, 08:20 PM
So, a week after I get the 556, my wife thinks it would be a good idea for her to get the 522. I'm like, fine, then everything's "even." Except for all those fucking shoes, but anyway, we go to the range this weekend with the rifles and the handguns. Nice enough time. Some social fella lets me fire of a few rounds on his mosin nagant, which convinces me I'm getting one this week for $70. I'm wondering if I should just pick up two and avoid the extra trip when my wife decides she needs one too. I mean, it comes with a sling, ammo pouch, and the fucking bayonet. That's almost $70 in accessories right there.

Anyway, near the end of our time, three 300 pound black doods show up and exude all the stereotypes of fat black guys with guns. One's got a shelf-assed ho with him. They pull a few of their dozen or so street guns out of a duffel bag and proceed to start shooting everywhere but the target at 7 yards, including, my wife notices, the floor. Nice fellas, lots of gold teeth and modified shotguns worth about $25. Then one starts asking me why his AR-15 won't work. I ask what the problem is between shotgun blasts from his buds that are ricocheting off the floor, and he says when he chambers a round by pulling, "the plunger" back, the trigger doesn't work. I tell him the guys upstairs, who work there might have a better idea than myself. Turns out he has shitty mags that don't have enough spring to chamber a round. Of course, this guy doesn't even know enough to check the chamber for a round after using "the plunger." The owner of the store tells him he's got the mags in stock. $35 each. The cherubic black dood then asks how many he got. To put in his duffel bag. Fully loaded. Honestly, they were really fun and entertaining guys. Some others might not have seen it that way.

Deputy Nutz
04-18-2011, 03:59 PM
That must have been quite difficult for you. I know how much you enjoy the company of African Americans

SkinBasket
04-20-2011, 11:26 AM
What's difficult for me is that my wife said we wouldn't have guns in the house for years, then she relents, and now every time I get one, she has to have one too.

Here's what I'm picking up tomorrow. $215 for the rifle, the accessories, and 880 rounds of the finest Romanian surplus ammo available. That's less than I lost during our last trip to the strip club.
https://www.aimsurplus.com/EOS/images/product/f3mosin9130a.jpghttps://www.aimsurplus.com/EOS/images/product/a76254str2.jpg

Freak Out
04-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Walking through Fred Meyers yesterday I saw these on sale for $199......couldn't resist.

http://www.ruger.com/products/p95/images/13009.jpg

SkinBasket
04-20-2011, 12:35 PM
I like ruger's ambidextrous mag releases. They feel tight, they don't jiggle like the glocks, and I have short, thick fingers, so it feels more natural to hit the release with the middle finger on the right side than trying to stretch my thumb up to where most are on the left.

Freak Out
04-20-2011, 01:16 PM
I shoot pistols with either hand and love that design. Plus it was about half the mormal price which is always nice.

I was at AIM looking at the Mosin and they have it priced at $69....not bad for a straight shooter! The powder they use in most of that ammo is some nasty stuff though....cleaning frequently is a must.

SkinBasket
04-20-2011, 01:28 PM
I shoot pistols with either hand and love that design. Plus it was about half the mormal price which is always nice.

I was at AIM looking at the Mosin and they have it priced at $69....not bad for a straight shooter! The powder they use in most of that ammo is some nasty stuff though....cleaning frequently is a must.

It's especially nice that they're only 30 minutes away, so I don't have to pay for shipping.

I'm one of those dorks that cleans after every use, so that's no big deal, especially with how simple the rifle is. Taking down the 556 and getting into all the little spots designed to be cleaned by Chinese childrens' fingers, especially to get all the factory grease out, was not as much fun.

I thought about disassembling it and painting the wood white to make it look like a storm trooper rifle, but I doubt I'll ever garner that much energy.

Deputy Nutz
04-20-2011, 03:20 PM
There was a picture of a retarded kid hanging on the wall of my school today, and goddamn it if it didn't look just like the skinbasket. Without the glasses.

I was confused as to why you were spending so much money that night, and then you puked all over my toliet.

That cheap ass gun has gay written all over it.

SkinBasket
04-20-2011, 04:33 PM
There was a picture of a retarded kid hanging on the wall of my school today

"Your school?"

I'm going to spray you with my gay gun. When are you coming to visit?

Deputy Nutz
04-21-2011, 10:34 AM
I am a teacher currently at a special education school.

Well I am going to Arizona and then I may come to Cincynattaittia.

Brando19
04-22-2011, 09:16 PM
I got the Judge 6.5" and it is AWESOME. It's alot of fun to shoot and it's powerful. I highly recommend it. It is, however, getting harder and harder to find 410 shells around here.

SnakeLH2006
04-26-2011, 12:46 AM
Snake hates real guns. I'd get drunk and kill everything. I trust the guns on my biceps....besides I've enjoyed inflicting personal carnage with my fists...Just beat the shit out of some punk bigger than me last weekend at a local bar...too much of a douchebag to go into detail though. My girl and her friend were going apeshit trying to subdue me, but hey....Soylent Green is People!! Grind them to a pulp if they reek of doucheness ISO (In Snake's Opinion). I'm a big guy...he was bigger. He got his ass kicked outside and everyone laughed (except my girl and her friend who was the douche's boyfriend)...LULZ

SkinBasket
04-26-2011, 03:11 PM
Firearms should not be considered an alternative to fisticuffs. Congrats on beating up Partial by the way.

Zool
04-26-2011, 04:15 PM
He got his ass kicked outside and everyone laughed (except my girl and her friend who was the douche's boyfriend)...LULZ

So you beat up a giant woman living as a man, or a giant gay dude? Clarification please.

SkinBasket
04-26-2011, 05:40 PM
l

So you beat up a giant woman living as a man, or a giant gay dude? Clarification please.

Congrats on beating up Partial by the way.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Getting into bar fights was cool, when I was like 12.

mraynrand
04-27-2011, 03:58 PM
Snake hates real guns. I'd get drunk and kill everything. I trust the guns on my biceps....besides I've enjoyed inflicting personal carnage with my fists...Just beat the shit out of some punk bigger than me last weekend at a local bar...too much of a douchebag to go into detail though. My girl and her friend were going apeshit trying to subdue me, but hey....Soylent Green is People!! Grind them to a pulp if they reek of doucheness ISO (In Snake's Opinion). I'm a big guy...he was bigger. He got his ass kicked outside and everyone laughed (except my girl and her friend who was the douche's boyfriend)...LULZ

Way to go, Early!

http://www.marioncobretti.com/kalifornia07.jpg

swede
04-27-2011, 05:59 PM
swede doesn't like to beat up on six year old girls, but when they come at you talking smack and getting all up in my business I gotta do what I gotta do. So at recess this girl was walking up the slide and I tell her, "Hey, don't be walking up the slide." And she slid down and says, "I'll be doing what I please, and guess what Chicken Butt? Here is how much you've got to say about it..." and she flashed a big zero sign at me and I just threw down my clipboard and fanny pack and went nuts.

She caught me cold on the shin with a side kick as i went in, and it hurt like hell 'cause she was wearing Heelies, and I knew I was toast if I stayed back and let her work her martial arts shit, so I bull-rushed her in order to get to some ground fighting where I had a slight size advantage. So she's slapping my bald spot with a Bratz doll she's brought to the fight that I didn't even know about and was totally unethical as far as I was concerned, and then I got a hold of her other arm and gave her a wicked snakebite until she started to cry. And I said, "Go ahead and cry, you big baby."

I could have written a discipline referral, but as far as I'm concerned the playground has its own rules, its own code. She'll show me some respect from now on...don't need no paper for that.

Freak Out
04-27-2011, 06:44 PM
That's how it should be on the playground. When I was in elementary school we had a great principal....Mr. Hayes. Dude was a drunk and loved to break out the paddles on you but he knew you had to let kids get a little crazy. He designated a "no mans land" on the playground where pretty much anything went.....mainly king of the hill snowball fights. Kids got hurt but thats why we pay a nurse to be at school right? Those were the fucking days man.....if you got in a fight on the playground....he gave you the option to get paddled or put on the gloves and have him ref a round or two (as long as it took). My friends and I would stage fights just to get the chance to get pulled out of class to box. The teachers hated it but he loved that we did it. Amazingly the guy held that position into the 70s....until the PTA had enough and he was given some admin job until retirement. I also had a teacher in the 4th grade that would throw beanbags at you if you were fucking off in class.....that is until he took some kids eye out. He (the teacher) was a pussy/bully though and I had zero respect for him. He got fired.

What do they allow kids to do on the playground these days? Chalk art? Dandelion picking?

MJZiggy
04-28-2011, 07:48 PM
That's how it should be on the playground. When I was in elementary school we had a great principal....Mr. Hayes. Dude was a drunk and loved to break out the paddles on you but he knew you had to let kids get a little crazy. He designated a "no mans land" on the playground where pretty much anything went.....mainly king of the hill snowball fights. Kids got hurt but thats why we pay a nurse to be at school right? Those were the fucking days man.....if you got in a fight on the playground....he gave you the option to get paddled or put on the gloves and have him ref a round or two (as long as it took). My friends and I would stage fights just to get the chance to get pulled out of class to box. The teachers hated it but he loved that we did it. Amazingly the guy held that position into the 70s....until the PTA had enough and he was given some admin job until retirement. I also had a teacher in the 4th grade that would throw beanbags at you if you were fucking off in class.....that is until he took some kids eye out. He (the teacher) was a pussy/bully though and I had zero respect for him. He got fired.

What do they allow kids to do on the playground these days? Chalk art? Dandelion picking?

Math, science and English. Actually my kid's school still has recess, but the kids have to stay on the blacktop if there's snow. And if you're on the baseball diamonds, you have to be playing baseball or if you're near the basketball hoops you have to play basketball.

Freak Out
04-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Math, science and English. Actually my kid's school still has recess, but the kids have to stay on the blacktop if there's snow. And if you're on the baseball diamonds, you have to be playing baseball or if you're near the basketball hoops you have to play basketball.

They have to stay on the blacktop? What the fuck is all I have to say. :(

swede
04-28-2011, 10:57 PM
They have to stay on the blacktop? What the fuck is all I have to say. :(

That's not how Mr. Hayes rocked recess.