PDA

View Full Version : Packer Rats MOCK DRAFT

Pages : 1 [2]

Guiness
04-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Well, after Bowers pro-day today, that #1 overall pick is looking pretty unrealistic.

I wouldn't have taken Bowers if he was there for the 3rd pick.

Peterson, Von Miller were considered. Dareus was a thought if one of the top two got silly and took a QB (even though neither is worth it).

LEWCWA
04-01-2011, 10:11 PM
what the heck you give me 1.5 hours to make the pick? If you want people to be involved you have to be a little patient......

Bretsky
04-01-2011, 10:18 PM
what the heck you give me 1.5 hours to make the pick? If you want people to be involved you have to be a little patient......

actually I think your pick was up starting yesterday evening

Bretsky
04-01-2011, 10:39 PM
This young man is one of the more experienced tackles in the nation. 2010: An All-SEC selection in 2009 and 2010, He helped pave the way for the Bulldogs to lead the SEC and finish ninth nationally in rushing with 227.6 yards per game. This season, He has helped Mississippi State bulldoze its way to 219.3 rushing yards per game, which ranks 15th nationally. He has helped the top 25 Bulldogs achieve their most wins since 2007. The team captain has started 34 games and appeared in 46 contests for his career. He played in 10 games as a freshman in 2007, started 10 games as a sophomore, and started 12 games as a junior. He stands at 6'5'' and 305 pounds, but he has great agility for a man of his size. He is fundamentally sound, but struggled slightly against elite pass-rushers--whom he will see plenty of in the NFL. He has been a staple at left tackle for Mississippi State and he may be asked to protect Tom Brady's blind side for years to come at the next level as the Patriots select Derek Sherrod, OT from Mississippi State with the 28th pick of the 2011 draft.

NFL Combine Results
40-Yard Dash—5.2
Bench press--23
Vertical jump—28.0
Broad jump—8’1
Three-cone drill—7.43
20-yard shuttle—4.63

didn't see this one coming

Bretsky
04-01-2011, 10:40 PM
This young man was a second team All-SEC selection this season by the Associated Press. He started every game at center for Florida this season and made 45 total career starts, at center (13), guard (28) and on the defensive line (4). He was part of an offensive unit that paved the way for four 300-yard rushing efforts in 2010, one of only six BCS teams to accomplish that feat. He played on the offensive line in high school, but he was moved to defensive tackle during his freshman season at Florida. Showing versatility, he switched back to offensive guard prior to his sophomore campaign. He stands at 6'5 and 320 pounds, perhaps ever so slightly bigger than his brother, who started as a rookie at center for the Steelers in 2010. Mike does not have the pass-blocking skills necessary to be an elite tackle in the NFL, but he has the ability to be a major force in the running game at guard, and he may even be asked to take some snaps at center as the Chicago Bears select Mike Pouncey with the 29th pick of the 2011 draft.

Mike Pouncey OG Florida

NFL Combine Results
40-Yard Dash—5.12
Vertical jump—25.0
Broad Jump—8’0
Three-cone drill—7.66
20-yard shuttle—4.64

the way the Packer Mock fell this is a no brainer

swede
04-01-2011, 10:49 PM
didn't see this one coming

I know they need a running back, but that particular back needs an offensive line and so does Tom Brady. Sherrod and Pouncey have both done work. Had the Patriots gone o-line with their first pick I think I would have gone RB.

Bretsky
04-01-2011, 10:56 PM
I know they need a running back, but that particular back needs an offensive line and so does Tom Brady. Sherrod and Pouncey have both done work. Had the Patriots gone o-line with their first pick I think I would have gone RB.

there will be OL there line two. I'd guess they'd go with Pouncey or the top RB there.

LEWCWA
04-02-2011, 12:21 AM
actually I think your pick was up starting yesterday evening

I was waiting for NE to pick.

Bretsky
04-02-2011, 12:38 AM

If you browse at yesterday's page GB noted Joe had til yesterday at 6:00PM to make pick or you get to make his and yours

woodbuck27
04-02-2011, 10:22 AM
This young man is one of the more experienced tackles in the nation. 2010: An All-SEC selection in 2009 and 2010, He helped pave the way for the Bulldogs to lead the SEC and finish ninth nationally in rushing with 227.6 yards per game. This season, He has helped Mississippi State bulldoze its way to 219.3 rushing yards per game, which ranks 15th nationally. He has helped the top 25 Bulldogs achieve their most wins since 2007. The team captain has started 34 games and appeared in 46 contests for his career. He played in 10 games as a freshman in 2007, started 10 games as a sophomore, and started 12 games as a junior. He stands at 6'5'' and 305 pounds, but he has great agility for a man of his size. He is fundamentally sound, but struggled slightly against elite pass-rushers--whom he will see plenty of in the NFL. He has been a staple at left tackle for Mississippi State and he may be asked to protect Tom Brady's blind side for years to come at the next level as the Patriots select Derek Sherrod, OT from Mississippi State with the 28th pick of the 2011 draft.

NFL Combine Results
40-Yard Dash—5.2
Bench press--23
Vertical jump—28.0
Broad jump—8’1
Three-cone drill—7.43
20-yard shuttle—4.63

Yes. I like that fella.

GO TT !

woodbuck27
04-02-2011, 10:27 AM
With the Eagles pick I spent time debating between Smith and Solder as well. Solder IMO will not fall that far; Smith......the reason guys like me like him but some will shy away....great talent with character concerns. I kind of doubt he'd be a ideal TT pick. I also really liked Talib coming out of college. Dynamic talent....he fell further than his talent would normally fall.....but bad person.....who is probably going to jail for a long time now

Yea. Talk about busting. Sad.

gbpackfan
04-02-2011, 11:05 AM

Try and keep up, please. You owned the NEXT two picks. I gave you PLENTY of time. And to be honest, I could give a flying F if you want to participate in this stupid mock draft. It has become and HUGE pain in the ass because people like you sign up and then never check back.

gbpackfan
04-02-2011, 11:09 AM
1. Carolina Panters - packrulz - Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson

2. Denver Broncos - packrulz* - Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama

3. Buffalo Bills - Guiness - Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU.

4. Cincinnati Bengals - TennesseePackerBacker - Blaine Gabbert.

5. Arizona Cardinals - PaCkFan_n_MD - VON MILLER

6. Cleveland Browns - Smidgeon - A. J. Green

7. San Francisco - mraynrand - Prince Amukamara, CB from Nebraska.

8. Tennesse Titans - PaCkFan_n_MD - NICK FAIRLEY, DT, Auburn

9. Dallas Cowboys - Spaulding - Robert Quinn DE/ OLB UNC

10. Washington Redskins - pbmax - Cam Newton, QB, Auburn.

11. Houston Texans -gbpackfan - California DE Cameron Jordan.

12. Minnesota Vikings - Mission - Julio Jones

13. Detroit Lions - Gave - Anthony Castonzo

14. St. Louis Rams - Bretsky - Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri

15. Miami Dolphins - 3irty1 - DE, JJ Watt

16. Jacksonville Jaguars - JustinHarrell - Ryan Kerrigan

17. New England Patriots - SavedByGrace - Justin Houston

18. San Diego Chargers - SavedByGrace - Muhammed Wilkerson

19. New York Giants - Cheesehead Craig - OLB Akeem Ayers, UCLA.

20. Tampa Bay Bucs - gbpackfan - Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa.

21. Kansas City Chiefs - Lurker64 - Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin

22. Indianapolis Colts - 3irty1* - Tyron Smith, OT, USC

23. Philadelphia Eagles - Bretsky* - Nate Solder, OT, Colorado

24. New Orleans Saints - packrulz - Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State

25. Seattle Seahawks - packrulz - Jake Locker, QB, Washington

26. Baltimore Ravens - mission* - Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado

27. Atlanta Falcons - Mazzin - Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland

28. New England Patroits - Swede - Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State

29. Chicago Bears - Swede - MIke Pouncey, OG, Florida

30. New York Jets - Packerpro42
31. Pittsburgh Steelers - Swede
32. World Champions, your GREEN BAY PACKERS! - Packer Rats poll

gbpackfan
04-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Great picks Swede. Thanks for making them so quick.

PACKERPRO is on the clock!

TennesseePackerBacker
04-02-2011, 01:11 PM
With all of projected first round OLB's and 5 tech DE's off the board I have to think Jets are forced to go NT here. BPA would be Ingram, but I couldn't see that pick happening. Also, the value at WR just isn't there, unless they like WR Hankerson a lot.

Tarlam!
04-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Who would Seattle rather have.....Locker or Kolb ? If they are not sold on Whitehurst, they are the no brainer team that I'd think would be trading for a QB

They should be on the phone to TT for Flynn; they did OK with their last GB trained QB ;)

PackerPro42
04-02-2011, 05:51 PM
With Heyward off the board, the Jets will still be looking to bolster their DL. Phil Taylor NT Baylor will be the pick here. The loss of Jenkins will leave a big hole in their DL and Taylor is just the type of big bodied guy that will fill that hole quite nicely.

Lurker64
04-02-2011, 06:00 PM
I think NT (or Safety) is the right pick for the Jets given how the board has fallen, but I personally like Paea more than Taylor (assuming Paea's knee checks out, he had a bursa sac injury last season then tore his meniscus during Senior Bowl practices). Taylor seems like more of a big slug and career underachiever, while Paea seems like a more potentially disruptive player.

swede
04-02-2011, 07:59 PM
As a freshman this young man was often beat for big plays, and while that would crush the confidence of many players the kid stayed with the program and learned. Just a year later he led the ACC in passes defended per contest and tied for second nationally with 15 pass break-ups. His junior campaign in 2010 was also successful.
This kid has the skills to play at the next level too. He has a quick first step and amazing overall speed. Very few players at any level will blow by him. For a player who relies on speed, he is surprisingly tough and the opposition cannot pick on him anymore or he will make them pay.
However, torched by Ohio State and Florida State early in the 2010 season, the kid made some critics question if he could be a true first round pick. By the end of the season most opposing quarterbacks were avoiding Harris' side of the field, and that hurt his numbers.
It was at the NFL combine where the kid put the last doubters to rest, as his movement and instincts were superb. It would be no surprise now if he ended up being the third cornerback off the board. Pittsburgh wants a re-match with Green Bay in the Super Bowl, and they are pleased to make things more difficult for Aaron Rodgers by selecting Brandon Harris, cornerback from Miami with the 31st pick of the 2011 NFL draft.

Brandon Harris, CB, Miami

NFL Combine Results

40-Yard Dash—4.53
Bench press--13
Vertical jump—35.5
Broad jump—9.5
Three-cone drill—6.77

Lurker64
04-02-2011, 08:04 PM
The funny thing is that even with Brandon Harris, Jordy would still eat the Steeler's lunch, given that Jordy has nearly 6" on Harris... and they're about the same speed.

swede
04-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Jordy did have a pretty good SB, didn't he? The really scary thing is that we--knock on Woody--would also have Ryan Grant and Jermichael Finley on our side!

And then there is the matter of that new rookie we are about to select.

Lurker64
04-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Jordy did have a pretty good SB, didn't he? The really scary thing is that we--knock on Woody--would also have Ryan Grant and Jermichael Finley on our side!

And then there is the matter of that new rookie we are about to select.

Both Jordy and Finley would be terrible matchups for Harris. Harris's kryptonite would be bigger receivers, and his best matchups are against smaller guys. So potentially the Steelers just took him in order to keep him from being used against them since the Steelers don't exactly have a large crop of big men at WR.

Lurker64
04-02-2011, 09:00 PM
So, time to talk about who the Packers may pick.

Some guys I like still on the board.

OLB: Both Brooks Reed and Jabal Sheard are good fits, and guys their calibre won't be available towards the end of the second. Martez Wilson is also an option here.
OL: I'm a big van of Villanova's Ben Ijalana, he doesn't have ideal length at 6'3 1/2" (36" arms are good to have though), but he's be an immediate fit at guard and can be a long term fixture at RT.

Those are the guys I'd be most keen on picking here with the way the board fell.

If they were after a 5-tech, the best available would probably be Ballard but I don't think it's a big enough need at this point, you can find guys later on as all the elite ones are off the board.
You can make an argument for Ingram, but I just don't think it would improve the team that much, so he's not "best player available" by that metric.
It's hard to really advocate taking a WR here, I like Torrey Smith but he's gone. Baldwin is a diva and an underachiever and he seems to be in the first round purely on the basis of his rare measurables and that scares me. You can make an argument for Titus Young, but he's smaller than we like and so I won't make that argument. Hankerson's hands aren't as good as I'd like.
If we really hate Scott Wells, I think Penn State's Stefen Wisniewski is an option here. He looks like a day 1 starter at center in the NFL.

Anybody else have anybody they love? Realistically, I'd go about shopping this pick hard to see if anybody wanted Ingram badly.

swede
04-02-2011, 09:24 PM
So, time to talk about who the Packers may pick.

Some guys I like still on the board.

OLB: Both Brooks Reed and Jabal Sheard are good fits, and guys their calibre won't be available towards the end of the second. Martez Wilson is also an option here.
OL: I'm a big van of Villanova's Ben Ijalana, he doesn't have ideal length at 6'3 1/2" (36" arms are good to have though), but he's be an immediate fit at guard and can be a long term fixture at RT.

Those are the guys I'd be most keen on picking here with the way the board fell.

If they were after a 5-tech, the best available would probably be Ballard but I don't think it's a big enough need at this point, you can find guys later on as all the elite ones are off the board.
You can make an argument for Ingram, but I just don't think it would improve the team that much, so he's not "best player available" by that metric.
It's hard to really advocate taking a WR here, I like Torrey Smith but he's gone. Baldwin is a diva and an underachiever and he seems to be in the first round purely on the basis of his rare measurables and that scares me. You can make an argument for Titus Young, but he's smaller than we like and so I won't make that argument. Hankerson's hands aren't as good as I'd like.
If we really hate Scott Wells, I think Penn State's Stefen Wisniewski is an option here. He looks like a day 1 starter at center in the NFL.

Anybody else have anybody they love? Realistically, I'd go about shopping this pick hard to see if anybody wanted Ingram badly.

What about the Houston kid from Georgia? I remember a football guest on the Huffy Show (Pigskin Paul? A regular guest who writes a national blog and seems to know his way around NFL) talking about a linebacker from a southern school that the Packers would be fortunate to have drop to them. Reading about him I wonder if he is the same kid that Pigskin Paul was talking up.

Bretsky
04-02-2011, 10:28 PM
I've said from the start I'd be a fan of Brooks Reed with our pick. He's bring a pass rusing force that will be needed opposite Clay Matthews and that will soften the probably loss of Cullen Jenkins.

I still think there is a very very low chance Mark Ingram falls all the way to pick 32. He's hands down the BPA here if you do not weight need into the equation.

I like Villanova's Ben Ijalana for OG; If GB really believes Buluga is our future LT as opposed to RT he's a very nice fit......but he might end up at OG. It would have been nicer to get a projected LT.

Lurker64
04-02-2011, 10:29 PM
What about the Houston kid from Georgia? I remember a football guest on the Huffy Show (Pigskin Paul? A regular guest who writes a national blog and seems to know his way around NFL) talking about a linebacker from a southern school that the Packers would be fortunate to have drop to them. Reading about him I wonder if he is the same kid that Pigskin Paul was talking up.

Justin Houston? Who was picked #17 overall by New England?

RashanGary
04-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Mark Ingram for me.

gbpackfan
04-02-2011, 11:29 PM

30. New York Jets - Packerpro42 - Phil Taylor, NT, Baylor

31. Pittsburgh Steelers - Swede - Brandon Harris, CB, Miami

32. World Champions, your GREEN BAY PACKERS! - Packer Rats poll

swede
04-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Justin Houston? Who was picked #17 overall by New England?

You know, that might just be the kid: Houston...Georgia...didn't fall to #32...

gbpackfan
04-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Finally done. Let's get a list going for the Packer poll

Mark Ingram RB
Brooks Reed LB
Jabal Sheard LB
Ben Ijalana OL
Corey Liuget DT
Stephen Paea DT
Mikel Leshoure RB
Kyle Rudolph TE
Leonard Hankerson WR
Jon Baldwin WR
Stefen Wisneski OG/OT

Please let me know who else should go on the list. And should we put a "trade down" option?

Bretsky
04-02-2011, 11:43 PM
that is a pretty good list; if someobdy pitches adding another player IMO Rudolph is the guy to bump from that list. I'm not sure he has first round talent and IMO not much of a chance TT picks him over anybody on that list. Well, you might be able to dump Hankersonson as well as I've heard his stock is falling some. If we go WR it almost has to be Baldwin I'd think

swede
04-02-2011, 11:43 PM
I've said from the start I'd be a fan of Brooks Reed with our pick. He's bring a pass rusing force that will be needed opposite Clay Matthews and that will soften the probably loss of Cullen Jenkins. Me, too. I think that pick conforms somewhat to the world of TT also.

I still think there is a very very low chance Mark Ingram falls all the way to pick 32. He's hands down the BPA here if you do not weight need into the equation.
Do you think the Patriots will snap him up with their second pick in the first round if he gets that far? Who else might take him?

I like Villanova's Ben Ijalana for OG; If GB really believes Buluga is our future LT as opposed to RT he's a very nice fit......but he might end up at OG. It would have been nicer to get a projected LT. Sherrod is the only one that might last. Would you take him, or wait for another prospect at tackle in later rounds?

Bretsky
04-02-2011, 11:44 PM
Mark Ingram for me.

This would be a great TT value pick and while our system does not need a shining star at RB it sure would be nice to have IMO

Bretsky
04-02-2011, 11:48 PM
Me, too. I think that pick conforms somewhat to the world of TT also.

Do you think the Patriots will snap him up with their second pick in the first round if he gets that far? Who else might take him?

Sherrod is the only one that might last. Would you take him, or wait for another prospect at tackle in later rounds?

I think there is a decent change Miami either grabs Ingram at 15, or trade down a few slots and pick him there. If he lasts til NE's last pick Hoody is way too smart IMO to let a talent like Ingram fall further.

My gut tells me you take Reed over Sherrod.....but in our PR draft lets say Ingram and Reed are gone, I think he'd be a very good pick if we are projecting Buluga at RT.

Lurker64
04-02-2011, 11:55 PM
Finally done. Let's get a list going for the Packer poll

Mark Ingram RB
Brooks Reed LB
Jabal Sheard LB
Ben Ijalana OL
Corey Liuget DT
Stephen Paea DT
Mikel Leshoure RB
Kyle Rudolph TE
Leonard Hankerson WR
Jon Baldwin WR
Stefen Wisneski OG/OT

Please let me know who else should go on the list. And should we put a "trade down" option?

I would suggest Christian Ballard over Corey Liuget, as a better fit for our defense at 5-tech (since we don't need another nose with Raji, Pickett, and Green on the roster). Ballard at 6'5" with slightly longer arms seems like a better schematic fit. Paea might also be left off since he's a nose in this defense, and we don't need another one.

I would leave Rudolph out, since we have enough TEs. It's the one position (other than quarterback and specialist) I absolutely couldn't see Thompson taking in the first.

Titus Young as a WR is worthy of consideration as well, since he's a better character guy than Baldwin and he has better hands than Hankerson.

I think we should throw in another OL as well, say Danny Watkins of Baylor.

I've heard that the medical on Ingram's knee is giving a number of NFL teams pause. Since we aren't doctors and don't have access to his medical reports, it's impossible to speculate on where he'd land and who would or wouldn't pass on him. But it does give a plausible reason both for him to fall to #32 and for Thompson to pick somebody else.

Bretsky
04-02-2011, 11:59 PM
ah..........those rumors on Ingram's knee

Hoody put them out there to strike fear in GM's so he falls to 27 ;)

Lurker64
04-03-2011, 12:03 AM
ah..........those rumors on Ingram's knee

Hoody put them out there to strike fear in GM's so he falls to 27 ;)

Well, maybe the thing about Ingram's knee is just so much draft noise intended to sandbag a team to pass on somebody. Consider, though, that teams have exhaustive medical reports on him that are not released to the media. Convincing somebody who has a detailed physical report on a player to believe in a phantom injury is probably difficult.

Or maybe it's a legitimate concern that finally got leaked to the press, who had no knowledge of it and would have no way of knowing about it without someone leaking some of the results from the combine physical.

We will never actually know, at least we won't know at any point until the draft, and probably not until afterwards.

All I know is that if Ingram does have a bad knee, I wouldn't want to take him at #32 (I'd put Mikel Leshoure over Mark Ingram with a bad knee). If his knee is fine, and he's there, it probably means we cut Grant but I'm okay with the pick.

Bretsky
04-03-2011, 12:04 AM
I would suggest Christian Ballard over Corey Liuget, as a better fit for our defense at 5-tech (since we don't need another nose with Raji, Pickett, and Green on the roster). Ballard at 6'5" with slightly longer arms seems like a better schematic fit. Paea might also be left off since he's a nose in this defense, and we don't need another one.

I would leave Rudolph out, since we have enough TEs. It's the one position (other than quarterback and specialist) I absolutely couldn't see Thompson taking in the first.

Titus Young as a WR is worthy of consideration as well, since he's a better character guy than Baldwin and he has better hands than Hankerson.

I've heard that the medical on Ingram's knee is giving a number of NFL teams pause. Since we aren't doctors and don't have access to his medical reports, it's impossible to speculate on where he'd land and who would or wouldn't pass on him. But it does give a plausible reason both for him to fall to #32 and for Thompson to pick somebody else.

I'd agree on Titus Young; truth be told if TT picks any one of the players on our final poll we've done a pretty good job. Could replace Rudolph with Titus Young and get rid of the NT's lineman types. Remember I think we have Howard Green back as well. Getting him for nothing was a huge break last year.

Isn't Watkins suppose to be the top pure OG prospect who is pretty NFL Ready ? He'd projected as a high 2nd so I agree we might put him on the list.

The other cool part of this is we can take the final list and look up youtube highlights on them all

Lurker64
04-03-2011, 12:21 AM
There are literally only two things wrong with Watkins as a prospect: He's 26 and he's only been playing football for three years. Other than that, absolutely everything about him is top notch. If he were 3 years younger and 2" taller, he'd be a top 10 pick as a LT. As it stands, he'd be a hell of a guard, maybe a right tackle (he played LT at Baylor.)

He's powerful, compact, fluid, has good balance and a good anchor. He has a quick, powerful punch and his pad level is good. Length isn't ideal and his hand placement needs work, but you can't be too picky at #32.

Plus Watkins is both a Hockey Player and a Firefighter. How often do you get the chance to draft one of those?

packrulz
04-03-2011, 06:11 AM
Martez Wilson had a herniated disc in his neck, I really wouldn't want to gamble on him with a first round pick.

packrulz
04-03-2011, 06:19 AM

Considering his size, I would project Paea as a DE in our defense, a Jenkins like player, who could back up at NT if needed. I like Watkins and Wisnewski, another guy highly rated is C/OG Rodney Hudson, Florida State, since Colledge is probably gone, if they plug Lang in at LG he could battle it out with Wells for the starting center job. Honestly, I think all the remaining LB's are 2nd rounders, and would be a reach at 32.

Lurker64
04-03-2011, 12:17 PM
Considering his size, I would project Paea as a DE in our defense, a Jenkins like player, who could back up at NT if needed.

Since Paea is both shorter than Raji and has shorter arms than Raji, I really don't think he can be considered as a DE in this defense. As we saw from comparing Raji's freshman and sophomore campaigns, he was really lost at the 5-technique position but thrived closer to the middle. Paea would be the same way. There aren't any 6'1 1/2" 5-techs in the league who have <33" arms.

I love Paea as a prospect, just not here.

Guiness
04-04-2011, 03:35 PM
If the pic was accurate Ms Mazzin is hot in a bikini

Hey Mr Mailman........where art thou ?

NE has a pick between two no brainer guys that should have been long gone by now. This shit should almost be too easy for you.
Hoody would be celebrating if he gets to pick between these guys.

Now that it's over, just curious who you saw as the two players left on the board who were head and shoulders above the rest?

Ingram would be my one guess. Liuget another.

Watkins is the other talent, but being a guard, is on the outside looking in.

Bretsky
04-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Now that it's over, just curious who you saw as the two players left on the board who were head and shoulders above the rest?

Ingram would be my one guess. Liuget another.

Watkins is the other talent, but being a guard, is on the outside looking in.

Ingram and Pouncey were the two I was referring to. I kind of feel like Watkins falls to top ten in round two due to age

ND72
04-04-2011, 08:44 PM
I am busy for weeks with our girls state basketball run and imissed the rats draft? Damn it! :-)

RashanGary
04-04-2011, 09:08 PM
There are literally only two things wrong with Watkins as a prospect: He's 26 and he's only been playing football for three years. Other than that, absolutely everything about him is top notch. If he were 3 years younger and 2" taller, he'd be a top 10 pick as a LT. As it stands, he'd be a hell of a guard, maybe a right tackle (he played LT at Baylor.)

He's powerful, compact, fluid, has good balance and a good anchor. He has a quick, powerful punch and his pad level is good. Length isn't ideal and his hand placement needs work, but you can't be too picky at #32.

Plus Watkins is both a Hockey Player and a Firefighter. How often do you get the chance to draft one of those?

He's a guy, you take him and you really only get six good years out of him. That's a huge downside to a pick. But at #32, he's probably the safest bet to be a probowl player left in the draft and damn near a sure thing to be good.

For our team right now, with Bulaga showing excellent potential as a LT. . . . This guy might be a perfect fit as our RT. He could slide in, start from day one and complete the transition of Clifton/Tausher to Bulaga/Watkins.

I'd be OK with that pick. We'd have a better player than 15 or 20 players picking ahead of us.

RashanGary
04-04-2011, 09:12 PM
Bulaga/Clifton
Colledge/Lang
Wells/McDonald
Sitton/Lang
Watkins/Newhouse

Colledge isn't ideal, but I'm pretty sure there are a lot of teams out there starting OL a lot worse than Colledge is right now. I feel more pressed to replenish the tackle position than I am to replace a so/so - decent LG.

Guiness
04-04-2011, 09:58 PM
I doubt very much Colledge is back. He's shown just enough to have someone throw a decent, i.e. $2.5-3 million/year contract at him, and I don't think TT will match that.

If you thought Watkins would give you six good years, I think you do that in a heartbeat. Nothing is that sure at the end of the first.

Guiness
04-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Ingram and Pouncey were the two I was referring to. I kind of feel like Watkins falls to top ten in round two due to age

Is Mike Pouncey every bit as good as his brother? I guess he certainly has the potential to be, so could go in the top 20.

Bretsky
04-05-2011, 06:46 AM
Is Mike Pouncey every bit as good as his brother? I guess he certainly has the potential to be, so could go in the top 20.

No, I don't think he's as good of a prespect as his brother. His brother seems border elite NFL already.

Iron Mike
04-05-2011, 06:57 AM

http://dtomracing.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/hanson_brothers.jpg

gbpackfan
04-11-2011, 11:51 AM
With the 32nd selection in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select......Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama

gbpackfan
04-11-2011, 11:52 AM

30. New York Jets - Packerpro42 - Phil Taylor, NT, Baylor

31. Pittsburgh Steelers - Swede - Brandon Harris, CB, Miami

32. World Champions, your GREEN BAY PACKERS! - Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama

Smeefers
04-11-2011, 12:08 PM
WHAM! And suspiciously the day after Ted Thompson leaves, all of New York realizes someone has stolen their kitchen sinks as well.

Lurker64
04-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Hate the pick. Absolutely hate it.

mngolf19
04-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Pick 12:

The Vikings love everything about Wisconsin so JJ Watt is a very tempting pick given some uncertainty along their defensive line. But because of the contract situation with Sidney Rice and the lack of depth behind him, MN feels obligated to go WR and Julio Jones' upside is just too much to pass on. Playing in a run-first scheme with a decent-not-great QB at Alabama, there's belief that Jones could shine even brighter on the NFL stage. His combine performance on an injured foot only solidified this thinking.

I would agree with this but they have been so talking DL this year that its hard to see them go any other direction. Although new regime now so could all be smokescreen.

mngolf19
04-11-2011, 12:46 PM
The Rams are sending a hitman right now to take out Mission for selecting their guy
It is a good thing for the NFC North though because the Vikes have no QB to throw to him

The Rams are on the clock and will pick soon

Your not on board with Webb? lol

mngolf19
04-11-2011, 12:47 PM
lol

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-11-2011, 02:02 PM
I don't like this pick. Unless he turns out to be a superstar, I would rather try to get a starter at another position.

RashanGary
04-11-2011, 02:18 PM

I hated the pick last year. It'll all work out in the end though. Ted finds a way.

mraynrand
04-11-2011, 02:21 PM
I don't like this pick. Unless he turns out to be a superstar, I would rather try to get a starter at another position.

I would prefer the Packers select a superstar.

Fritz
04-11-2011, 04:59 PM
Remember that Darryn Colledge was a starter.

Bretsky
04-11-2011, 05:14 PM

not to fear; he's too good to last til pick 32 :)

Bretsky
04-11-2011, 05:14 PM
YO..........WE DOIN ROUND TWO ? I figure we can have it done by draft day

Lurker64
04-11-2011, 05:20 PM
YO..........WE DOIN ROUND TWO ? I figure we can have it done by draft day

Or, we could just shuffle up team assignments and do another round one. That might be fun, right? This mock is already obsolete, since there's a 0.0000% chance that Bowers goes #1 knowing what we've learned since this thread was started.

Bretsky
04-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Na, round one is in the books. You campaigned very well though; if that old crab Kloppenberg would've hired you she's have taken down her opposition......ok...sorry pb...no more references......lol

Lurker64
04-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Na, round one is in the books. You campaigned very well though; if that old crab Kloppenberg would've hired you she's have taken down her opposition......ok...sorry pb...no more references......lol

As someone who has written mock drafts, I'm not sure why exactly we stop with just one revision. It's not like we don't get a better idea about what's going to happen closer to the actual draft than we had when we started.

If nothing else, it would be interesting to see who the Packers would pick if, as you say, Ingram was off the board.

Bretsky
04-11-2011, 05:33 PM
not really; we'd have picked Reed and the numbers show that......well......unless Bowers falls all the way to 32...which is pretty unlikely

Lurker64
04-11-2011, 05:44 PM
not really; we'd have picked Reed and the numbers show that......well......unless Bowers falls all the way to 32...which is pretty unlikely

Not sure that Reed beats Ijalana or Baldwin in a head to head. A number of people (myself included) just voted for Reed because he was the leading non-Ingram candidate when they voted. I think his support is more due to people who didn't want Ingram than people who wanted Reed.

Guiness
04-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Put me down as liking the idea of re-doing round 1 with a team shuffle.

Guiness
04-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Why not Ingram? He was clearly the best player who slipped WAY down the board. If his knees pass the physical, he should be gone by 15, if he's available at 32 there's no way you leave him there.

You can't leave value like that on the table. TT trusts his staff to know everything he has to about a player, so isn't afraid to shy away from someone who has suddenly become unpopular - hence both the Rodger and the Brohm pick.

Bretsky
04-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Not sure that Reed beats Ijalana or Baldwin in a head to head. A number of people (myself included) just voted for Reed because he was the leading non-Ingram candidate when they voted. I think his support is more due to people who didn't want Ingram than people who wanted Reed.

ahh. vote manipulation.....you should be a politician !! You were actually the only one who openly admistted to doing this. Maybe there were others.

Well I don't want to reward the corruption by redoing it all :)

Bretsky
04-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Why not Ingram? He was clearly the best player who slipped WAY down the board. If his knees pass the physical, he should be gone by 15, if he's available at 32 there's no way you leave him there.

You can't leave value like that on the table. TT trusts his staff to know everything he has to about a player, so isn't afraid to shy away from someone who has suddenly become unpopular - hence both the Rodger and the Brohm pick.

agree; if his knees are fine I don't see any sites out there grading Ingram lower than where we selected him value wise. Most of the other guys left were definitely round two guys

Lurker64
04-11-2011, 06:32 PM

If his knees are a mess, you don't take him even if he falls to 32. If his knees are okay, he doesn't fall that far. Two can play this game.

I simply don't agree that Ingram is a special talent. He played behind a supremely talented offensive line which was responsible for much of his success. I sincerely believe that if Alabama were not so dominant in the trenches in his 2009 campaign, he doesn't even sniff the Heisman. Anybody with two legs could have gotten through a lot of the holes that were opened for him.

As a person who watches a lot of college football, I consider both Mikel Leshoure and Ryan Williams (2009 edition) to be superior players to Ingram, but I wouldn't put any of the three in the top 32 players of the draft.

Bretsky
04-11-2011, 07:59 PM
If his knees are a mess, you don't take him even if he falls to 32. If his knees are okay, he doesn't fall that far. Two can play this game.

I simply don't agree that Ingram is a special talent. He played behind a supremely talented offensive line which was responsible for much of his success. I sincerely believe that if Alabama were not so dominant in the trenches in his 2009 campaign, he doesn't even sniff the Heisman. Anybody with two legs could have gotten through a lot of the holes that were opened for him.

As a person who watches a lot of college football, I consider both Mikel Leshoure and Ryan Williams (2009 edition) to be superior players to Ingram, but I wouldn't put any of the three in the top 32 players of the draft.

OK, you kind of contradict yourself here.

There was a safe assumption as was noted that Ingram's knees were fine given our mock draft scenario. It's the way the board fell. He was still there. When you noted "if his knees are fine he doesn't fall that far" that seems to vindicate why everybody voted for him at pick number thirty two in a sense.

But then you later point out that none of the three are in the top thirty two.

I guess the one thing I'd concluded is you are not in agreement with the draft analysts on the Internet and the scouts that help put these tiers together. You might be completely right and Ingram will be very normal and not elite. Time will tell.

swede
04-11-2011, 08:32 PM
At this point I regret that Hoody and I didn't pick Ingram when we had the chance.

TennesseePackerBacker
04-11-2011, 09:42 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a revision as well. Lurker brings about some good points. Every mock draft "pundit" makes several revisions.

gbpackfan
04-11-2011, 10:21 PM
I'll pick a team or two for the second round or the re-do, but someone else can run and keep people on a timer.

Lurker64
04-11-2011, 10:23 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a revision as well. Lurker brings about some good points. Every mock draft "pundit" makes several revisions.

Plus, if we have two versions we have more opportunities to claim that we're right.

swede
04-28-2011, 09:51 PM
bumpity bump