PDA

View Full Version : Would you be happy with all of our UFA signings in addition

b bulldog
04-10-2006, 10:17 PM
How would everyone feel if TT got a bit nuts and signed Arrington and Woodson to deals and moved to 7 and picked Hawk or Davis and with the two second rounders picked Calhoun and Kiwi or Hall?

billy_oliver880
04-10-2006, 10:21 PM
I would be fracking happier then heck with that.

Bretsky
04-10-2006, 10:23 PM
How would everyone feel if TT got a bit nuts and signed Arrington and Woodson to deals and moved to 7 and picked Hawk or Davis and with the two second rounders picked Calhoun and Kiwi or Hall?

OK, COME CLEAN. ARE YOU TED THOMPSON ? j/k

Good synopsis. I'd be happy with Woodson, Arrington, Kiwi/Hall, and another player in round two cause I have doubts about Calhoun as high as round two.

But yes, I'd take that. But I'm a win now kind of guy.

It's pipe dreams thinking TT would do this. IF TT was going to aggressively pursue a LB, he'd have snapped up Will Witherspoon, a LB hitting his prime who signed for St Louis at an OK price of 6Yr 32MIL. Arrington wants more and I'd probably rather have Witherspoon anyways.

b bulldog
04-10-2006, 10:32 PM
I agree and I think if TT was to do this, it would show that Brett has still to much pull in the organization. Both players if healthy are complete studs but only when they are healthy and not in the tub.

Bretsky
04-10-2006, 10:44 PM
I agree and I think if TT was to do this, it would show that Brett has still to much pull in the organization. Both players if healthy are complete studs but only when they are healthy and not in the tub.

Maybe I'm dead wrong, but with our cap situation I can't believe we didn't even make a play for Witherspoon, an up and coming 26yr old LB who was making some noise for Carolina. Great athlete. Young. Some proven experience. Young.

Is TT going to sign 10 cost effective guys to one year deals and hope a couple turn out instead ?

RashanGary
04-11-2006, 01:04 AM
I could see Arrington coming to GB. Favre would love that.

MJZiggy
04-11-2006, 07:22 AM
Bulldog, Arrington's a linebacker. I think Favre's looking for some offensive help there.

Tarlam!
04-11-2006, 07:25 AM
Bulldog, Arrington's a linebacker. I think Favre's looking for some offensive help there.

Nah, I disagree that he's stipulating. He quoted the Reggie White signing as the benchmark. I do think you want to be less hurried after the snap. If Whittiker doesn't steepen his learning curve and work ethic, so long!