PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson is an Idiot.

Smeefers
03-16-2011, 10:26 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Adrian-Peterson-expresses-frustration-on-labor-i;_ylt=AlIhyaW3JZLaQOUPKzZQWk5DubYF?urn=nfl-wp206

So, Adrian Peterson said that players today are like "modern day slaves."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Adrian-Peterson-expresses-frustration-on-labor-i;_ylt=AlIhyaW3JZLaQOUPKzZQWk5DubYF?urn=nfl-wp206

Luckily Ryan Grant Disagrees.

I for one, think AP is a complete moron for even thinking about bringing race into it, let alone his debasing and trivializing actual slavery. I also think that kind of talk will quickly push many people over to the owner's side.

Old School
03-16-2011, 11:54 AM
When the Queens get their new staium in LA they can call themselves ....uh ,uh, don't get ahead of me .... the Los Angeles Slaves.

Maybe A P stands for a Peabrain.

rbaloha1
03-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Institutionalized racism is still prevails across the US with the NFL being no different. The owner's attitude significantly changed after losing the $4 billion slush fund. Before that is was -- "Yes Master."

Smeefers
03-16-2011, 12:30 PM
There's an enormous, immense gap between "yes master" and "I'll pay you more than most people make in a lifetime per game you play and you can choose whether or not you want to play."

mngolf19
03-16-2011, 12:31 PM
Dumbass comes in all shapes, sizes, colors, ages, regions.

rbaloha1
03-16-2011, 12:33 PM
There's an enormous, immense gap between "yes master" and "I'll pay you more than most people make in a lifetime per game you play and you can choose whether or not you want to play."

When you have a unique skill set as opposed to the average Joe you are entitled to whatever the market decides.

Smeefers
03-16-2011, 12:37 PM
When you have a unique skill set as opposed to the average Joe you are entitled to whatever the market decides.

Agreed....

Lurker64
03-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Institutionalized racism is still prevails across the US with the NFL being no different.

Institutionalized racism exists, I agree.

The owner's attitude significantly changed after losing the $4 billion slush fund.

Potentially true, but they certainly act as though they didn't, so there's not necessarily evidence of this. At the very least, they want to present the impression that nothing has changed, since that maintains their leverage.

Before that is was -- "Yes Master."

The owners attitude before the lockout insurance case was "Yes Master"? What are they agreeing to? Who is their master?

wist43
03-16-2011, 12:38 PM

So the market decides, and the player decides to play, or not to play... how is that "yes master"???

Try working in manufacturing... people barely putting food on the table. I see it every day - when you see people struggling just to make ends meet, a statement like that from a multimillionaire really is ignorant and contemptable.

rbaloha1
03-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Institutionalized racism exists, I agree.

Potentially true, but they certainly act as though they didn't, so there's not necessarily evidence of this. At the very least, they want to present the impression that nothing has changed, since that maintains their leverage.

Check-out the owners behavior before and after the lost $4 billion. Of course Puppet Goddell is going to say all the right things.

The owners attitude before the lockout insurance case was "Yes Master"? What are they agreeing to? Who is their master?

Its the players that answer to the owners. The owners wanted the players to accept their proposal (assuming they had the $4 billion) -- Yes Master or else we shall lock you out. But when they lost it -- lets keep negotiating.

Fritz
03-16-2011, 12:49 PM
So the market decides, and the player decides to play, or not to play... how is that "yes master"???

Try working in manufacturing... people barely putting food on the table. I see it every day - when you see people struggling just to make ends meet, a statement like that from a multimillionaire really is ignorant and contemptable.

Because "the market" isn't deciding. If you want "the market" to decide, then you have to stop the owners from collaborating on salary limits and things of that nature. You can't have a salary cap if you want a free market. If there's a cap, it ain't free. If you really want "the market" to exist you've got to allow each owner to decide - independently - what he/she will or won't pay.

While I don't at all agree with AP's statement, his other comments suggest he's not necessarily an idiot. He made a foolish comment, but that doesn't mean he's an idiot.

Lurker64
03-16-2011, 01:09 PM
Its the players that answer to the owners. The owners wanted the players to accept their proposal (assuming they had the $4 billion) -- Yes Master or else we shall lock you out. But when they lost it -- lets keep negotiating.

Ah, so you misspoke. The owners expectation of the players changed, not their attitude.

wist43
03-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Because "the market" isn't deciding. If you want "the market" to decide, then you have to stop the owners from collaborating on salary limits and things of that nature. You can't have a salary cap if you want a free market. If there's a cap, it ain't free. If you really want "the market" to exist you've got to allow each owner to decide - independently - what he/she will or won't pay.

While I don't at all agree with AP's statement, his other comments suggest he's not necessarily an idiot. He made a foolish comment, but that doesn't mean he's an idiot.

I didn't say the NFL was market driven, rbaloha made a comment to that effect - the CBA effectively takes market forces out of it... but, for anyone making that kind of money to even make a "foolish comment" along those lines... well, forgive me, but that is ignorant.

rbaloha1
03-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Ah, so you misspoke. The owners expectation of the players changed, not their attitude.

It does not matter. The owner's slave mentality slightly changed after the illegal $4 billion slush fund.

mraynrand
03-16-2011, 01:40 PM
It does not matter. The owner's slave mentality slightly changed after the illegal $4 billion slush fund.

I see the slave argument has returned. The owner's mentality is no different than the players - they want to get the best deal for themselves that they can. Start with that premise and everything makes more sense. Or, continue with the slave mentality argument. I hear the owners are re-thinking the cheerleader situation along these lines as well...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YKPd1gUPBrw/SZI64wM1XjI/AAAAAAAACNg/SR11bGAooGs/s400/vina.jpg

Lurker64
03-16-2011, 02:12 PM

Every single business owner in the universe would like to pay their employees less. Do all of them suffer from a "slave owner's mentality"?

rbaloha1
03-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Every single business owner in the universe would like to pay their employees less. Do all of them suffer from a "slave owner's mentality"?

The owners are mainly white. A high percentage of players are black. If the league was mainly white wages would be higher. Do you know every single business owner in the universe? I as a business owner always want to pay workers more.

swede
03-16-2011, 02:22 PM
Of the top ten earners on the Packers only three are melanin-challenged.

Lurker64
03-16-2011, 02:24 PM
The owners are mainly white. A high percentage of players are black. If the league was mainly white wages would be higher. Do you know every single business owner in the universe? I as a business owner always want to pay workers more.

A business owner who wants to pay his employees more, and not less, is free to do so. No one will object to more money. However, doing so is irrational as it is contrary to the interests of the business and therefore the business owner. Rationally, every business owner would like to pay less for everything ceteris paribus and get more for all products and services ceteris paribus. To do otherwise is to admit you are not interested in making money, at which point you shouldn't own a business.

"I expect my employees to do what I say, and I would prefer not to pay them as much" is not a slave owner's mentality, regardless of the races involved. It's a "I'm the boss, and you're not" mentality. White employers behave towards white employees in this way, black employers behave towards white employees, this way, permute the races however you like.

I mean, it's not as though the only "slavery" relationship in the history of the universe was a "whites owning blacks" situation. The very fact that NFL players can quit whenever they want means that the relationship between owners and players is anything but a "slave owner's mentality."

rbaloha1
03-16-2011, 02:35 PM
A business owner who wants to pay his employees more, and not less, is free to do so. No one will object to more money. However, doing so is irrational as it is contrary to the interests of the business and therefore the business owner. Rationally, every business owner would like to pay less for everything ceteris paribus and get more for all products and services ceteris paribus. To do otherwise is to admit you are not interested in making money, at which point you shouldn't own a business.

"I expect my employees to do what I say, and I would prefer not to pay them as much" is not a slave owner's mentality, regardless of the races involved. It's a "I'm the boss, and you're not" mentality. White employers behave towards white employees in this way, black employers behave towards white employees, this way, permute the races however you like.

I mean, it's not as though the only "slavery" relationship in the history of the universe was a "whites owning blacks" situation. The very fact that NFL players can quit whenever they want means that the relationship between owners and players is anything but a "slave owner's mentality."

Good point about the quitting part. Believe it or not many owners are more concerned about providing a living wage and "sacrificing" profits. There is no rational or irrational. Business school training does not apply to ALL BUSINESSES.

BTW how are the business owners on Mars?

HarveyWallbangers
03-16-2011, 02:50 PM

NHL players make 54% of revenue.
NBA players make 57% of revenue.
NFL players have made around 57-58% of revenue during the current CBA.

NHL players are mostly white.
NBA and NFL players are mostly black.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSNgmtjKFilBpasr7WWEVN6riSoSzYD a85Z7oaqUtOfhvH2rl1OA&t=1

HarveyWallbangers
03-16-2011, 02:52 PM
I've mostly been on the players side, but some of these takes are just too dumb to let slide.

hoosier
03-16-2011, 07:07 PM
That may be true. Unfortunately, your choice of images to make your point ultimately says more about you than them.

MJZiggy
03-16-2011, 07:32 PM

I'm not sure I agree with this statement. I think many business owners prefer to pay what's fair. I know mine paid me more than I asked for.

Freak Out
03-16-2011, 07:40 PM
I see the slave argument has returned. The owner's mentality is no different than the players - they want to get the best deal for themselves that they can. Start with that premise and everything makes more sense. Or, continue with the slave mentality argument. I hear the owners are re-thinking the cheerleader situation along these lines as well...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YKPd1gUPBrw/SZI64wM1XjI/AAAAAAAACNg/SR11bGAooGs/s400/vina.jpg

I hear the NFL will also allow the sale of Romulan ale during all flex games next season.

Iron Mike
03-16-2011, 07:54 PM
I for one, think AP is a complete moron for even thinking about bringing race into it, let alone his debasing and trivializing actual slavery. I also think that kind of talk will quickly push many people over to the owner's side.

Y'know....he might have a point--had Massa Wilf taken him out behind the woodshed and chopped off one of his hands for fumbling so many times in the 2009 NFC Championship game.

Iron Mike
03-16-2011, 08:09 PM
When the Queens get their new staium in LA they can call themselves ....uh ,uh, don't get ahead of me .... the Los Angeles Slaves.

Maybe A P stands for a Peabrain.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_tbF2hbg18y0/TG1tH_eQ9jI/AAAAAAAAAI8/26VaZwwSOEA/s1600/gary-coleman.jpg

http://www.sondrakistan.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/viking_slave.jpg

bobblehead
03-16-2011, 08:13 PM
Institutionalized racism is still prevails across the US with the NFL being no different. The owner's attitude significantly changed after losing the $4 billion slush fund. Before that is was -- "Yes Master."

You are as big of an idiot as AP. When was the last time AP was whipped for entering free agency? How about that time he took a private jet to Hawaii? Did he get a beating for that?

bobblehead
03-16-2011, 08:16 PM

Slaves have access to federal courts now?

bobblehead
03-16-2011, 08:19 PM

Just like the NHL right? You are sounding dumber as this thread goes on. At this time your best move is to say "Ok, I got carried away with the hyperbole. Players make a shitload of money and have a right to with hold services for leverage in gaining more."

rbaloha1
03-16-2011, 08:22 PM
You are as big of an idiot as AP. When was the last time AP was whipped for entering free agency? How about that time he took a private jet to Hawaii? Did he get a beating for that?

Thank you for the compliment. I shall seek you out when requiring a self esteem boosting.

Mahalo

rbaloha1
03-16-2011, 08:23 PM
Just like the NHL right? You are sounding dumber as this thread goes on. At this time your best move is to say "Ok, I got carried away with the hyperbole. Players make a shitload of money and have a right to with hold services for leverage in gaining more."

Thank you for being my PR representative.

rbaloha1
03-16-2011, 08:25 PM
Slaves have access to federal courts now?

Thats right -- The US Constitution trumps the Modern Day Slave Masters w/o the whips.

Lurker64
03-16-2011, 08:35 PM
I think someone is trying to usurp Tank for the "worst takes in the history of PackerRats" crown...

rbaloha1
03-16-2011, 08:43 PM
I think someone is trying to usurp Tank for the "worst takes in the history of PackerRats" crown...

Thank you for the award. With your extreme brillance maybe you can represent the owners in a potential anti-trust lawsuit. I shall alert Jerry Jones and the Puppet about your pro owner posts. I will also waive my finder's fee.

Lurker64
03-16-2011, 08:57 PM
Thank you for the award. With your extreme brillance maybe you can represent the owners in a potential anti-trust lawsuit. I shall alert Jerry Jones and the Puppet about your pro owner posts. I will also waive my finder's fee.

What gave you the impression that I'm pro-owner? I'm not. I'm just anti-idiot.

No fan should be on the side of the owners or the players. Both the owners and the players are against the fans.

rbaloha1
03-16-2011, 08:59 PM
What gave you the impression that I'm pro-owner? I'm not. I'm just anti-idiot.

No fan should be on the side of the owners or the players. Both the owners and the players are against the fans.

In your own mind.

HarveyWallbangers
03-16-2011, 11:44 PM
That may be true. Unfortunately, your choice of images to make your point ultimately says more about you than them.

As a proud, long-time volunteer for the Special Olympics, I do my good deeds. I'm not too worried about the PC patrol.

NHL players make 54% of revenue. Mostly white guys.
NBA players make 57% of revenue. Mostly black guys.
NFL players have made 57-58% of revenue. Mostly black guys.

Bretsky
03-16-2011, 11:52 PM
As a proud, long-time volunteer for the Special Olympics, I do my good deeds. I'm not too worried about the PC patrol.

those crying about how much the players get screwed by the NFL owners most likely have no idea of these facts and do their best to ignore them. Slaves............what an absolute joke
dude's are entertainers playing a game and making millions. AP is a zero upstairs

Bossman641
03-17-2011, 12:31 AM

I wouldn't expect any type of response from rb. Still trying to get him to nail down what a fair profit is.

rbaloha1
03-17-2011, 01:11 AM
I wouldn't expect any type of response from rb. Still trying to get him to nail down what a fair profit is.

I shall answer this question when a packer rat board member introduces me to a business owner from Uranus.

Patler
03-17-2011, 03:12 AM

Illegal? What law was broken??? Are the owners going to prison?

Kiwon
03-17-2011, 07:41 AM

Yeah, it's terrible. Millions in the bank, international endorsements, $100,000 diamond studs in their ears, our "slaves" that we worship and pay hundreds of dollars to see play a sport that they are free to quit at any time just have a horrible existence.

Does the average Egyptian, living on $2 a day, know about this injustice?

Smeefers
03-17-2011, 09:25 AM
There's at least four things you never mention if you want your point to be taken seriously

Hitler, the devil, the Holocoust, and slavery.

The second anyone decides to compare their situation to one of those or a person to one of those, your argument is pretty much wasted.

bobblehead
03-17-2011, 01:36 PM
There's at least four things you never mention if you want your point to be taken seriously

The second anyone decides to compare their situation to one of those or a person to one of those, your argument is pretty much wasted.

Smeef, you should right a book on PR. That is sage advice. rb has sounded the fool for over 2 years now, so I am not expecting different on this issue. Why, just last year he guaranteed me that the packers could not possibly make the playoffs. No way possible they could finish 7-1. Guaranteed.

Tarlam!
03-17-2011, 01:45 PM

Well, Smeefers, I happen to live in Germany and there is a lot of discussion about Hitler, the Holocaust as well as Stalin, Pol Pot, ex-Yogoslavia, Afganistan, Iraq and now Japan. Polititions and the Official Jewish League are always comparing something to these things. But I take your point.

I will throw in the comparison Javon Walker made during his hold out when he compared football players to soldiers in Afganistan as far as the risks both take. After that, I urgently wanted him out of Green Bay.

mraynrand
03-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Smeef, you should right a book on PR. That is sage advice. rb has sounded the fool for over 2 years now, so I am not expecting different on this issue. Why, just last year he guaranteed me that the packers could not possibly make the playoffs. No way possible they could finish 7-1. Guaranteed.

The devil is in the details, Bobble. I think that some posters are slaves to their preconceived notions. Many Packer fans understandably were thinking after the Detroit game that the injuries were too much for the Packers - their team had been through a veritable injury holocaust. Even I thought the only chance the Packers had of winning would have been to give their athletes special stimulants like Hitler did with his troops at the start of the Battle of the Bulge.

Tarlam!
03-17-2011, 02:02 PM
special stimulants like Hitler did with his troops at the start of the Battle of the Bulge.

That's disputed, y'know. http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=65433

Smeefers
03-17-2011, 02:14 PM
Well, Smeefers, I happen to live in Germany and there is a lot of discussion about Hitler, the Holocaust as well as Stalin, Pol Pot, ex-Yugoslavia, Afghanistan, Iraq and now Japan. Politicians and the Official Jewish League are always comparing something to these things. But I take your point.

I will throw in the comparison Javon Walker made during his hold out when he compared football players to soldiers in Afghanistan as far as the risks both take. After that, I urgently wanted him out of Green Bay.

Just because people do compare those things, it doesn't mean it's an effective way to argue a point. If your prime minister decided to take an unpopular view on a topic, the people who started off every argument wearing a "the prime minister is the devil" t-shirt, well, it would be hard to take their opinion as anything but extreme. The people who simply discuss the point are the people who are taken seriously by the majority of the population. IMHO

When your having a civil debate with someone, you discuss the issues. Attacking a person in the debate, flinging names and all that, basically defeats the debate itself. You stop having a reasoned debate and just start exchanging jibes. It's counter productive because the moment someone has been insulted personally, they're normally no longer willing to debate in a dignified manner and they too fall to the name calling level. It's the favorite tactic of people who have a weak argument or people who are to emotionally invested. Don't attack the substance, attack the person. Someone is anti-whatever you're pro? Attack them, make sure everyone knows they're a hypocrite and a liar and cheated on their spouse and eats red meat. That way you're not talking about the subject anymore, you're making the person defend themselves, making them look bad in the process. It's poor form. Jerk face. :-)

Tarlam!
03-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Jerk face? Jerk face? JERK FACE? You've been talking to Ziggy about me, otherwise, how would you know? ;)

Iron Mike
03-17-2011, 05:43 PM
People who start off every argument wearing a "the prime minister is the devil" t-shirt, well, it would be hard to take their opinion as anything but extreme.

http://i.fanpix.net/images/orig/x/z/xzjtya16zdsees6.jpg

Brandon494
03-17-2011, 06:28 PM
I didnt see anything wrong with what I read, think some of you are taking his comments to seriously. Of course its not slaverly but that doesnt take from the fact that the owners are fucking over the players and have planned this out. The NFL is making more money then it ever has yet the owners want to pay the players less? Then they want tax payers to pay for their new staduims as well? Greedy fucks are what they are! I want to see you guys go to work for a boss who is making a hundred times more than you and every day you get hit over the head with a concussive force, and after you were fired for getting injured on the job, you developed Alzheimer's because of the working conditions. These owners arent doing shit but sitting on their asses until the late 80s while the average NFL player dies at the age of 58. Anyone on the owners side probably thinks Bush was a good president too.

Fritz
03-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Illegal? What law was broken??? Are the owners going to prison?

There may not have been any laws broken, just as Brent may not have broken any laws in sending pics of his wienie via his cell phone to Jenn Sterger. But it sure might be embarrassing!

rbaloha1
03-17-2011, 07:01 PM
I didnt see anything wrong with what I read, think some of you are taking his comments to seriously. Of course its not slaverly but that doesnt take from the fact that the owners are fucking over the players and have planned this out. The NFL is making more money then it ever has yet the owners want to pay the players less? Then they want tax payers to pay for their new staduims as well? Greedy fucks are what they are! I want to see you guys go to work for a boss who is making a hundred times more than you and every day you get hit over the head with a concussive force, and after you were fired for getting injured on the job, you developed Alzheimer's because of the working conditions. These owners arent doing shit but sitting on their asses until the late 80s while the average NFL player dies at the age of 58. Anyone on the owners side probably thinks Bush was a good president too.

Yea how would you react if your ancestors were slave owners? LOL

bobblehead
03-17-2011, 07:09 PM
The devil is in the details, Bobble. I think that some posters are slaves to their preconceived notions. Many Packer fans understandably were thinking after the Detroit game that the injuries were too much for the Packers - their team had been through a veritable injury holocaust. Even I thought the only chance the Packers had of winning would have been to give their athletes special stimulants like Hitler did with his troops at the start of the Battle of the Bulge.

Actually I meant 2009 season. rb hasn't changed his tune so I can see where you were confused about what I meant, but it was last year. After we won the first 4 in a row rb disappeared until he came back to bitch and complain this season. Now he has found a new topic to be wrong on and is back in full form. Go rb, go.

bobblehead
03-17-2011, 07:12 PM

I guess the point is this. If you were a black man who actually lived through segregation (don't think any former slaves are alive anymore) you might be righteously offended by some rich punk like AP trying to compare his 5+ million a year to your plights. If you were literally whipped for glancing in the direction of the masters daughter you might actually punch him in the face for making such a callous comparison. To compare yourself to a slave from that time frame shows a form of self centeredness that rivals most 3 year olds.

rbaloha1
03-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Actually I meant 2009 season. rb hasn't changed his tune so I can see where you were confused about what I meant, but it was last year. After we won the first 4 in a row rb disappeared until he came back to bitch and complain this season. Now he has found a new topic to be wrong on and is back in full form. Go rb, go.

Wait a minute -- I thought you were my PR dude. Okay you are fired! LOL

bobblehead
03-17-2011, 07:19 PM
Wait a minute -- I thought you were my PR dude. Okay you are fired! LOL

YOU CANT FIRE ME....I QUIT!!!! You weren't taking my advice anyway.

rbaloha1
03-17-2011, 07:21 PM
YOU CANT FIRE ME....I QUIT!!!! You weren't taking my advice anyway.

Hey bradah if you ever to make it to Pro Bowl I promise to buy you mai tais. Thank you for representing me -- I may need your services later.

Lurker64
03-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Yea how would you react if your ancestors were slave owners? LOL

Considering that slaves in America were only owned by the wealthy elite (who, by definition, constitute a small percentage of society) very few white people you see walking around are descended from slave owners. A significant portion of white Americans have ancestors who never even came to this country until slavery was made illegal. For example, both my paternal and maternal grandparents immigrated to America between 1900 and WWI.

rbaloha1
03-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Darn it where are Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton when you need them?

Tarlam!
03-17-2011, 09:10 PM
I believe the very first slaves were Irish, but it was more of a bondship. after between 3-7 years of service, they were set free. Some were paid, others were peeniless. Next came the attempt to enslave American ingigenous people, but they weren't robust enough. They kept getting sick and dying. Only then did the imports become the most viable option.

Interestingly, African tribes began capturing and selling eachother to white slave traders fairly early in the enterprise. The hunt of Kunta Kinta that was so well portrayed in Roots was fairly dangerous for the hunters, so although it was an acurate portrayal, it was rare as the trade developed.

Lurker64
03-17-2011, 09:16 PM
I believe the very first slaves were Irish, but it was more of a bondship.

You probably mean first American or first commonwealth slaves right? Since the very first slave was probably Urg who happened to have the misfortune to live in the cave across the valley from Ook, and was unfortunately of less imposing physical stature and didn't have quite as big a club.

Tarlam!
03-17-2011, 09:27 PM
You probably mean first American or first commonwealth slaves right? Since the very first slave was probably Urg who happened to have the misfortune to live in the cave across the valley from Ook, and was unfortunately of less imposing physical stature and didn't have quite as big a club.

Yeah, I should have specified it. But just as Hitler and the SS perfected genocide, the Americans perfected slave trading. The irony, I find, is that neither would have been as "successful" without the help of active support by the respective traitors to their people. I am in no way defending slavery or the Holocaust; I'm just pointing out some facts that habitually don't find mention from activists.

rbaloha1
03-18-2011, 06:26 AM
Yeah, I should have specified it. But just as Hitler and the SS perfected genocide, the Americans perfected slave trading. The irony, I find, is that neither would have been as "successful" without the help of active support by the respective traitors to their people. I am in no way defending slavery or the Holocaust; I'm just pointing out some facts that habitually don't find mention from activists.

LOL more apologists.

rbaloha1
03-18-2011, 06:30 AM

Where does President Thomas Jefferson fit-in to all of this stuff?

bobblehead
03-18-2011, 07:31 AM
Where does President Thomas Jefferson fit-in to all of this stuff?

If you wish to have this discusson head off the FYI, post this as a thread title and I will give it the time it deserves.

SkinBasket
03-18-2011, 07:41 AM

You're right. It says he's awesome.

SkinBasket
03-18-2011, 07:49 AM

Your ability to tightly package so much stupid into one post is to be marveled.

Patler
03-18-2011, 08:29 AM
Of course its not slaverly but that doesnt take from the fact that the owners are fucking over the players and have planned this out. The NFL is making more money then it ever has yet the owners want to pay the players less? Then they want tax payers to pay for their new staduims as well? Greedy fucks are what they are! I want to see you guys go to work for a boss who is making a hundred times more than you and every day you get hit over the head with a concussive force, and after you were fired for getting injured on the job, you developed Alzheimer's because of the working conditions. These owners arent doing shit but sitting on their asses until the late 80s while the average NFL player dies at the age of 58. Anyone on the owners side probably thinks Bush was a good president too.

They want to pay the players less? What are you talking about?

2009 salary cap - $128 million
2010 - uncapped

Owners proposal:
2011 - $141 million
2012 & 2013 progressive increases but amounts unclear.
2014 - $161 million.

More than a 25% increase from 2009 to 2014.
A 100% increase from 2004 when the salary cap was $80.5 million.
The oppressiveness of it all!

Brandon494
03-18-2011, 08:41 AM
Your ability to tightly package so much stupid into one post is to be marveled.

How's my dick taste? Just asking since you always seem to be on it.

Brandon494
03-18-2011, 08:45 AM
I guess the point is this. If you were a black man who actually lived through segregation (don't think any former slaves are alive anymore) you might be righteously offended by some rich punk like AP trying to compare his 5+ million a year to your plights. If you were literally whipped for glancing in the direction of the masters daughter you might actually punch him in the face for making such a callous comparison. To compare yourself to a slave from that time frame shows a form of self centeredness that rivals most 3 year olds.

I don't agree with his comparison, poor choice of words. I do though see where is he coming from with his comments. I dont really believe he thinks he is being treated like a slave.

SkinBasket
03-18-2011, 10:56 AM
How's my dick taste? Just asking since you always seem to be on it.

Oh is that what that is? I thought it was one of those mini candy canes. And to answer your question: pepperminty, with a hint of black olives. It's how I'd imagine slavery tastes.

mraynrand
03-18-2011, 10:58 AM
I don't agree with his comparison, poor choice of words. I do though see where is he coming from with his comments. I dont really believe he thinks he is being treated like a slave.

Where is he coming from, exactly?

SkinBasket
03-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Where is he coming from, exactly?

A touch of fetal alcohol syndrome. But having those eyes set so wide gives him great field vision.

rbaloha1
03-18-2011, 11:50 AM
A touch of fetal alcohol syndrome. But having those eyes set so wide gives him great field vision.

Thanks for the diagnosis. I love golden retrievers.

rbaloha1
03-18-2011, 12:01 PM
If you wish to have this discusson head off the FYI, post this as a thread title and I will give it the time it deserves.

He is the NFL owner's role model.

Scott Campbell
03-18-2011, 12:56 PM
AP sure has a lot of apologists for being such a stupid guy.

rbaloha1
03-18-2011, 12:59 PM
AP sure has a lot of apologists for being such a stupid guy.

So do a lot of other board members.

Scott Campbell
03-18-2011, 03:38 PM
So do a lot of other board members.

I could provide some juicy links if you like. :lol:

Bretsky
03-18-2011, 05:36 PM
I'd be one happy slave if I was AP making over five million dollars a season

rbaloha1
03-18-2011, 05:58 PM
I'd be one happy slave if I was AP making over five million dollars a season

Take some human growth hormones and steriods. Victor Conti might still be around.

Tarlam!
03-18-2011, 08:39 PM
LOL more apologists.

Say what? I point out facts and you spew an opinion. Is it possible to have a literate discussion with you?

Iron Mike
03-18-2011, 09:00 PM
http://posterous.com/getfile/files.posterous.com/dheydon/VQqLplHnIo8CTCvFmSFaiFlX0D63NEna5MGaLgobniy7VSq1K3 ykao3tERG4/image001.jpg

You can't fix stupid.

rbaloha1
03-18-2011, 09:21 PM
Say what? I point out facts and you spew an opinion. Is it possible to have a literate discussion with you?

What facts? What does literate mean? Are you a Rhodes Scholar? What was your SAT score?

SkinBasket
03-19-2011, 06:57 AM
What does literate mean?

I don't think this is a joke.

rbaloha1
03-19-2011, 11:19 AM
I don't think this is a joke.

Garbage in Garbage out.

SkinBasket
03-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Garbage in Garbage out.

Did that sound better in your head? Like maybe you weren't calling yourself an idiot?

Freak Out
03-19-2011, 03:14 PM
This is better than FYI.

rbaloha1
03-19-2011, 03:19 PM
Did that sound better in your head? Like maybe you weren't calling yourself an idiot?

Oh no -- The Lynch Mob is closing in!

Tarlam!
03-19-2011, 07:32 PM
What facts? What does literate mean? Are you a Rhodes Scholar? What was your SAT score?

Literate: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/literate
Facts: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_the_United_States
No, I'm not a Rhodes scholar, I'm a high school dropout with two, count 'em, two MBAs
My SAT was only 721, but hey, it got me into Uni.

So, is it possible to have an actual, literate discussion with you? You try and Scott Campbell with your posts, but frankly, you don't have his wit or his knowledge, if I judge you by what you post. Hey, I used SC as a verb!

rbaloha1
03-19-2011, 07:40 PM
Literate: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/literate
Facts: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_the_United_States
No, I'm not a Rhodes scholar, I'm a high school dropout with two, count 'em, two MBAs
My SAT was only 721, but hey, it got me into Uni.

So, is it possible to have an actual, literate discussion with you? You try and Scott Campbell with your posts, but frankly, you don't have his wit or his knowledge, if I judge you by what you post. Hey, I used SC as a verb!

Thank you for the love Braddah!

Tarlam!
03-19-2011, 07:49 PM
Thank you for the love Braddah!

Well, at least you answered my question. Thank you. I won't be wasting my time with you any longer.

rbaloha1
03-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Well, at least you answered my question. Thank you. I won't be wasting my time with you any longer.

When I grow up I want to be just like you. BTW may I see examples of your peer reviewed literate writings.

Iron Mike
03-25-2011, 11:43 PM
Dumbass comes in all shapes, sizes, colors, ages, regions.

I guess that explains the existence of Queens and Bears fans.....

easy cheesy
03-25-2011, 11:56 PM
When I grow up I want to be just like you. BTW may I see examples of your peer reviewed literate writings.

Hey Dude... I noticed that the newest PR member is rbaloha1..... is that you also? If so, why a second account? If so, why not be more creative with the name? Just wonderin'.... I'm kind of a "tard".... bear with me... "bear"... hmm... shouldn't have chosen that word.... Mahalo!

Fritz
03-26-2011, 09:48 AM
http://posterous.com/getfile/files.posterous.com/dheydon/VQqLplHnIo8CTCvFmSFaiFlX0D63NEna5MGaLgobniy7VSq1K3 ykao3tERG4/image001.jpg

You can't fix stupid.

That's the kind of chick I want to date.