PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Packer and why?

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-17-2011, 05:28 PM
This has been done before, but not with so many great players to choose from. And with the recent superbowl victory it may have changed for some.

Is it:

Woodson?
Williams?
Collins?
Shields maybe?
Matthews?
Hawk?
Raji?
Finley?
Driver?
Jennings?
Rodgers?
Kuhn?
Starks maybe?
Sitton?
Pickett?

Man for me it came down to Rodgers, Jennings, Matthews, Woodson, and Williams.

But at the end of the day, the packer I like the most as a player and person (personality) is GREG JENNINGS - my favorite packer!

Iron Mike
03-17-2011, 06:06 PM
Dick Afflis. Especially when he teamed up with The Crusher.

http://www.pwhf.org/halloffamers/bios/biopics/crusher_bruiser.jpg

bobblehead
03-17-2011, 07:18 PM
AR. He came through the bert saga with such class. I was hoping the president that followed clinton could restore the dignity of the office, but I'll settle for AR returning the dignity of QB to GB. Oh....and he is really fucking good.

Jimx29
03-17-2011, 08:02 PM
Dick Afflis. Especially when he teamed up with The Crusher.

http://www.pwhf.org/halloffamers/bios/biopics/crusher_bruiser.jpg

I lost a gallon of blood, got a tousand stitches and maddog still can't beat me!

gbgary
03-17-2011, 08:40 PM
maddog as in maddog vachon? man that was a long time ago.

favorite Packers (from this team)...chuck, jennings, rodgers, donald, clay, raji...more.

chuck for his leadership, jennings for his class, rodgers for his brain and his arm, donald for his guts, clay for his motor, raji cuz he's funny...and good.

MadtownPacker
03-17-2011, 09:20 PM
ARod cause he is a pimp.

RashanGary
03-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Finley, because his swagger.

Tarlam!
03-17-2011, 09:54 PM
Mathews. He came in from day one with a chip on his shoulder and has played with it ever since. Plus he's intelligent and funny in interviews. For exactly the same reasons, I love having Rodgers on the team, I just worry about his mid term health.

Frankly, I love all the players except College and Barnett. I worry about Finley.

HarveyWallbangers
03-17-2011, 11:39 PM
Greg Jennings. I root that things go well for Aaron Rodgers the most because of what he's been through, but I think Greg is the most likeable player on the team. And a damn good receiver.

vince
03-18-2011, 03:28 AM
ARod cause he is a pimp.
x2 + Woodson because of how he's grown to embrace Green Bay and both have become such ambassadors for sick kids

OkayKyle
03-18-2011, 05:52 AM
William Henderson

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-18-2011, 06:24 AM
Still waiting for Ted Thompson :)

Patler
03-18-2011, 07:05 AM
Nick Barnett, for cunningly diverting the oppressive spotlight of the Super Bowl media away from the active players and the game and toward himself and a side issue of little significance. Way to take one for the team, Nick!

bobblehead
03-18-2011, 07:27 AM
Nick Barnett, for cunningly diverting the oppressive spotlight of the Super Bowl media away from the active players and the game and toward himself and a side issue of little significance. Way to take one for the team, Nick!

rb fired me as his PR man, but you may be getting a call from Nick any minute now.

KYPack
03-18-2011, 09:36 AM
I have a bunch of 'em, too. DD stands out for his class and toughness in the SB. He got hurt early in the game, but still helped the team. He stood on the sideline and encouraged the troops, especially Jordy Nelson. The days of a vet working with a kid (and fellow reciever) to help the ballclub are so old school, it almost doesn't exist anymore. DD didn't give it a second thought and is a way cool dude.

Tar, I'm worried about Finley. My physical therapist tells me that the infection problem Finley had post surgery can ravage that knee and he may never be the same again. I hope the guy is wrong, but he knows his stuff.

mraynrand
03-18-2011, 10:00 AM
Jerry Babb - dignity in the face of distain

Smeefers
03-18-2011, 10:11 AM
Jarrett Bush. Special Teams Captain! Super Bowl Hero! The dude who one reporter asked "how does it feel to be the Packers most hated player?"

Okay, I wouldn't say he's my favorite player, but I do have a grudging respect for him now. Favorite Player? Raji. I'm an anchor type guy, and that guy is definately the anchor of our defense.

gbpackfan
03-18-2011, 01:53 PM
A-Rod. I put the belt on everytime I do something good at work now!

Old School
03-18-2011, 04:30 PM
While I enjoy the Packers as much as the next guy, I no longer get into the he's my favorite type of adulation. I spent too many years pulling for players who turned out to be total ...... (fill in the blank). The latest disappointment I would have inflicted on myself is Charles Woodson. Charles is a man who would command anyone's respect and admiration on and off the field. Yes, off the field is important to me too.

So Charles came out publically to cast his lot with the anarchists in the People's Republic of Madison. That's the kind of crap I have insulated myself from. Take it or leave it; that's me. See my signature. G K Chesterton said it well.

The Weasel
03-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Answer in avatar. Then Jennings, Driver, Woodson.

Rodgers has a great personality (Championship Belt, Photo bombing, etc.)