PDA

View Full Version : Mallet

Smidgeon
03-18-2011, 05:50 PM
If Mallet falls to #64, does TT take him as BPA and let M3 develop him into a true QB, or has he already been taken off the overall board or not be worth the #64 pick?

Lurker64
03-18-2011, 05:55 PM
I wouldn't draft Mallet in any round. I wouldn't even sign him as a UDFA.

Smidgeon
03-19-2011, 11:56 AM
I meant to post a link to a PFT piece noting that Mallet could be sliding this year like Clausen did last year to back up my question. Whoops:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/18/report-malletts-draft-stock-falling-like-clausens-last-year/

Smidgeon
03-19-2011, 11:57 AM
I wouldn't draft Mallet in any round. I wouldn't even sign him as a UDFA.

Are the character concerns too much of a detriment to overcome the development of a talented QB and then trade him for a higher pick? I guess my question is primarily based on the game of "drafting a QB, training him, getting better value back". But I simply don't know either.

Lurker64
03-19-2011, 12:00 PM
Are the character concerns too much of a detriment to overcome the development of a talented QB and then trade him for a higher pick? I guess my question is primarily based on the game of "drafting a QB, training him, getting better value back". But I simply don't know either.

He's a bad person, and a throwback of a quarterback. He's literally a statue in the pocket, and if you get any pressure at all on him he can't throw accurately. Guys like that just aren't useful in the modern NFL unless you have a top 3 pass-blocking OL.