PDA

View Full Version : OK, now they've taken things too far!!!

MJZiggy
03-20-2011, 09:24 PM
The Packers can't work with the players to order their SuperBowl rings because of the lockout!!!

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Packers-have-yet-to-order-Super-Bowl-rings.html

Sorry, the SuperBowl was last season. This should be an exception as winning a Super Bowl is good business for everyone.

Patler
03-21-2011, 10:43 AM
The Packers can't work with the players to order their SuperBowl rings because of the lockout!!!

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Packers-have-yet-to-order-Super-Bowl-rings.html

Sorry, the SuperBowl was last season. This should be an exception as winning a Super Bowl is good business for everyone.

Hmmmmm.........Did MM have another motive for sizing the players for rings BEFORE the game? Did he anticipate the lockout preventing them from gathering for any purpose, and having the sizes in hand will expedite delivery when the design is ultimately finalized? The players scattered quickly after the game, but would now be returning; and perhaps it is the more convenient time for sizing.

MM has been described as an individual who anticipates all possibilities, and has a plan for everything. Was the lockout part of his thinking in addition to game motivation when he had the players sized for their rings???

Guiness
03-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Hmmmmm.........Did MM have another motive for sizing the players for rings BEFORE the game? Did he anticipate the lockout preventing them from gathering for any purpose, and having the sizes in hand will expedite delivery when the design is ultimately finalized? The players scattered quickly after the game, but would now be returning; and perhaps it is the more convenient time for sizing.

MM has been described as an individual who anticipates all possibilities, and has a plan for everything. Was the lockout part of his thinking in addition to game motivation when he had the players sized for their rings???

That would be some kind of machiavellian thinking to be sure!

This does seem like bit much, but I guess the rules are 'no contact'.

MJZiggy
03-21-2011, 08:14 PM
He may have had them sized beforehand, but if anticipating the lockout were the goal, you'd think he'd have gotten the design done and rings ordered as well...

bobblehead
03-21-2011, 08:30 PM
He may have had them sized beforehand, but if anticipating the lockout were the goal, you'd think he'd have gotten the design done and rings ordered as well...

Ordering rings before the game....Now THAT would have been BALLS!

MJZiggy
03-21-2011, 08:32 PM
Ordering rings before the game....Now THAT would have been BALLS!
At least figuring out the design so you can get 'em ordered.

Tarlam!
03-21-2011, 08:53 PM
Obviously I don't any NFL news, so I need to ask a stupid question: Did the Pack go to the white house?

MJZiggy
03-21-2011, 08:57 PM
Obviously I don't any NFL news, so I need to ask a stupid question: Did the Pack go to the white house?Not yet. I thought that was part of the offseason activities. If they came to the White House, I'd take an hour off of work and grab a cab over to see them.

MadtownPacker
03-21-2011, 09:53 PM
Did Obama force the lockout so CWood wouldnt clown his bearloving in the oval office?? :lol:

Seriously though interesting topic. I recall when Murphy was asked about something after the superbowl and he gave a funny remark about us (the public) not knowing something but gave no other hints. Good point about M3 anticipating it Patler. Or maybe he knew?

MadtownPacker
03-21-2011, 09:54 PM
Obviously I don't any NFL news, so I need to ask a stupid question: Did the Pack go to the white house?You know there would have been a thread about it you spy looking mfer.

Patler
03-22-2011, 03:06 AM

I doubt MM has control over the final ring design.

Smeefers
03-22-2011, 07:26 AM
I doubt MM has control over the final ring design.

He probably doesn't have control, but he probably does have a great deal of influence.

wist43
03-22-2011, 08:06 AM
Is this kind of ridiculous nonsense not proof enough that all lawyers need to be fitted with concrete boots???

Patler
03-22-2011, 08:21 AM
He probably doesn't have control, but he probably does have a great deal of influence.

Oh, I'm sure his opinion carries as much weight as any, but I'm not sure he would have any more influence than Murphy or Thompson over the process of designing, selecting and ordering. I would be surprised if he has much direct involvement with the ring designers, soliciting competing proposals, selecting the qualities of gems, negotiating prices and payments and finalizing a contract.

The linked article is a bit critical of the Packers for not getting it done sooner. I think that is unfair. I doubt that anyone had much time during the first week after the SB, which would have left just two weeks in Feb. I suspect that after initial ring designs are determined, some samples are made for review. I doubt $7 million+ worth of rings are ordered without seeing what they will actually look like. A little searching seems to indicate that mid-March is about when the designs are normally finalized, with the rings awarded in June.

Pugger
03-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Is this kind of ridiculous nonsense not proof enough that all lawyers need to be fitted with concrete boots???

:lol: :lol:

wootah
03-22-2011, 08:32 AM
Seriously though interesting topic. I recall when Murphy was asked about something after the superbowl and he gave a funny remark about us (the public) not knowing something but gave no other hints. Good point about M3 anticipating it Patler. Or maybe he knew?

This was on the TT contract extension. What we didn't know was that a deal was in place.