PDA

View Full Version : Jolly Arrested Again for Codeine

vince
03-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Codeine in his car he was driving without a license plus another substance currently being tested.
What an idiot. Bye bye football career.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2011/03/25/johnny-jolly-charged-with-possession-again/

Johnny Jolly Charged With Possession Again
Trouble brews for Houston native Johnny Jolly once again. The defensive end, who was suspended from the Green Bay Packers for felony drug charges in 2008, was arrested in Houston early Friday morning.

Houston police stopped Jolly’s Escalade for a traffic violation at 12:45 a.m. on the 9900 block of Westpark. Jolly presented a state identification card rather than a driver’s license, and police learned that his license is suspended and is not eligible for renewal.

While searching the vehicle, police discovered that Jolly was in possession of 600 grams of Codeine, which is a felony charge. Police also discovered another unidentified substance, which has been sent in for testing.

At this time, it is unknown if the amount of controlled substances found in Jolly’s vehicle could be heavy enough to be considered for charges of possession with intent to distribute.

Jolly, a three-time all-district defensive lineman at Forest Brook High School in Houston, attended Texas A&M and became a starting defensive tackle. The Packers selected Jolly in the sixth round of the 2006 NFL Draft.

vince
03-25-2011, 01:43 PM
Jolly now goes directly to sentencing on his previous guilty plea. He's looking at up to 20 years. It's hard to imagine the judge giving him much of a break now. I'd guess he'll serve a few years minimum.

mmmdk
03-25-2011, 01:47 PM
Just read it too; good grief. Too bad for Jolly and even Packers but more so: too stupid as well. Yup, bye bye Jolly!

RashanGary
03-25-2011, 01:57 PM
Anybody who is that good at football but can't keep it together off the field like this, you have feel bad for him. Complete self destruction.

Too bad for the Packers too. He's a good player.

sharpe1027
03-25-2011, 01:58 PM
At least he did it before the draft.

vince
03-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Yeah. I now hope Cameron Heyward drops.

Lurker64
03-25-2011, 02:02 PM
At least he was a sixth round draft pick, so it's not like we didn't get back value for the pick.

But this does move 5-tech up the list somewhat, especially since we have no (above-board) way of knowing what Wilson or Wynn are developing.

get louder at lambeau
03-25-2011, 02:16 PM
This is why you don't draft players with low wonderlich scores and a police record. Goddamn you gotta be stupid to get where Jolly is right now.

red
03-25-2011, 02:38 PM
damnit, stupid fucker. i just saw it two

i didn't think there was a chance in hell TT would draft a D-lineman in the first, and i thought we would be fine with jolly coming back.

now jolly is done for sure, what a god damn idiot

woodbuck27
03-25-2011, 02:41 PM
QUOTE=vince;584634]Yeah. I now hope Cameron Heyward drops.[/QUOTE]

I've been studying what the possibilities are for our pick at # 32 and the more I look at it I believe unless a steal pick for us drops that TT will trade down. I base that thought on two historical facts:

1. TT loves to pile up picks and this draft has a lot to offer him in rounds two - four.

2. The Packer system is much to do with getting players into the fold that buy into the Coaching program and are willing to fit into our roster and grow with the system ... contribute as team players. That dictates that TT will select character players with dedicated football attitudes and a work ethic to be a part of 'the team'.

I do not see TT making a glamour pick. He will make moves to solidify our DL and OL as a first priority.

Many of us are salivating over the likes of a Brooks Reed or maybe a WR ( I like Maryland wide receiver Torrey Smith) that he could be prepared to replace DD and improve our return game immediately; but IMO TT will take a more conservastive approach in this upcoming draft. He will stock pile picks and rely on the system already in place in Green Bay and where needed bring in players released from other NFL teams as we saw him do this past season. History has proven that undrafted players can contribute.

The moves he made last season with all the injuries proved that he may have arrived as a GM in the Bill Belichick mold; and for that 'as a Packer fan' I am grateful and choose to be hopeful. For the longest time he seemed to be frozen or afraid to make a mistake. TT finally proved to me that he could expand his manner of managing. I trust that he learned that it's a day to day job to manage our football team and not to just make a move out of necessity.

GO PACKERS!

RashanGary
03-25-2011, 02:47 PM
Woodbuck, I don't think TT learned the things you knew he needed to learn to become good. I think you learned that he was doing the things that worked.

Humility, sir. Humility.

When you're wrong (the way you were on TT) just admit it and move forward. We've all been there, even Patler.

hoosier
03-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Codeine in his car he was driving without a license plus another substance currently being tested.
What an idiot. Bye bye football career.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2011/03/25/johnny-jolly-charged-with-possession-again/

Johnny Jolly Charged With Possession Again
Trouble brews for Houston native Johnny Jolly once again. The defensive end, who was suspended from the Green Bay Packers for felony drug charges in 2008, was arrested in Houston early Friday morning.

Houston police stopped Jolly’s Escalade for a traffic violation at 12:45 a.m. on the 9900 block of Westpark. Jolly presented a state identification card rather than a driver’s license, and police learned that his license is suspended and is not eligible for renewal.

While searching the vehicle, police discovered that Jolly was in possession of 600 grams of Codeine, which is a felony charge. Police also discovered another unidentified substance, which has been sent in for testing.

At this time, it is unknown if the amount of controlled substances found in Jolly’s vehicle could be heavy enough to be considered for charges of possession with intent to distribute.

Jolly, a three-time all-district defensive lineman at Forest Brook High School in Houston, attended Texas A&M and became a starting defensive tackle. The Packers selected Jolly in the sixth round of the 2006 NFL Draft.

600 grams, Jesus Christ, that's over a pound! Or maybe he had it already mixed and they're counting the entire bottle of Whatever. Either way, I suspect interest in Cullen Jenkins might have just picked up a little.

woodbuck27
03-25-2011, 03:37 PM
QUOTE=JustinHarrell;584640]Woodbuck, I don't think TT learned the things you knew he needed to learn to become good. I think you learned that he was doing the things that worked.

Humility, sir. Humility.

When you're wrong (the way you were on TT) just admit it and move forward. We've all been there, even Patler.[/QUOTE]

This isn't a matter of humility. It's taking a position based on careful observation of Ted Thompson's style of managing. What was I wrong about? Wanting Ted Thompson to adopt a daily regieme of improving our team and not being too cautious in that pursuit? He has been criticized as a GM that was afraid to make a mistake. That criticism was made by many NFL fans and God forbid, Packer fans.

You take a post not in it's entirety but slam it because of your need somehow to be judgementle of the poster. That has little effect on me.

Ted Thompson did not win us a Super Bowl. It took many parts and IMO an unbelievable stage of events and good fortune.

I love what TT did last season as we saw our team face certain adversity. IMO, the reason he brought in players 'off the street', and I take nothing away from his assessment of those players, was clearly because he had to do so of a necessity. I am not yet willing to give all the credit to Ted Thompson. A whole lot of the credit has to go to our teams coaching staff that took those players and molded them. Those coachs had to deal with the adversity and sell TT on need and he came through. I give Ted thompson full credit there.

The response was these new players responding to the coach's and fitting very well into the system that TT and the coach's have adopted. I give Ted Thompson credit there. I am seeing Ted thompson grow as our GM. I stop right there. I believe I will see more good things from Ted Thompson.

That's not enough for you? If that's the case so be it.

I am not ready to declare that Ted Thompson is the answer 'to everyting good' about managing an NFL franchise. I am looking forward to observing how Ted Thompson grows as out GM. Many choose to declare that TT is something altogether 'very special'. I hope that his style of managing earns him the right to be assessed as the finest GM in the NFL.

As a fan of the Packers my criticisms are fair. Humility has nothing to do with observation and an informed opinion. Humility has nothing to do with bowing to the status quo. As a fan I have every right to be informed and comment as I feel is fair. Never need to feel a need to be one of the group or fear judgement by that group or feel powerless.

GO PACKERS!

pittstang5
03-25-2011, 04:00 PM
I had completely forgotten about Jolly even coming back. What a moron! He's toast now. Packers should just release him now...if they can because of the CBA issues...as an extra slap in the face. Idiot...complete idiot.

gbgary
03-25-2011, 04:26 PM
idiot

get louder at lambeau
03-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Woodbuck probably doesn't think he was wrong about Faver either.

Scott Campbell
03-25-2011, 04:48 PM
The moves he made last season with all the injuries proved that he may have arrived as a GM in the Bill Belichick mold; and for that 'as a Packer fan' I am grateful and choose to be hopeful. For the longest time he seemed to be frozen or afraid to make a mistake.

I think that's because you couldn't see what he was building. Many of us fully supported him on his journey, and didn't try to tear him down at every turn.

Scott Campbell
03-25-2011, 04:52 PM
This isn't a matter of humility. It's taking a position based on careful observation of Ted Thompson's style of managing. What was I wrong about?

:lol:

What Was Woody Wrong About? - by Scott Campbell

Chapter 1
Volume I

http://www.greatplay.net/uselessia/articles/images/encyclopedia.gif

Scott Campbell
03-25-2011, 05:02 PM
As a fan of the Packers my criticisms are fair. Humility has nothing to do with observation and an informed opinion. Humility has nothing to do with bowing to the status quo. As a fan I have every right to be informed and comment as I feel is fair. Never need to feel a need to be one of the group or fear judgement by that group or feel powerless.

GO PACKERS!

You certainly have that right. Just like I have the right to bump them later when you've been proven the fool like we all suspected when you originally posted. All along I and others tried to tell you this would happen. But you just wouldn't listen. I guess some of us were born to watch football. And some of us were born to understand football.

By the way - how's that Randy Moss trade working out for you?

:lol:

mraynrand
03-25-2011, 05:08 PM
'as a Packer fan'
:cnf:

swede
03-25-2011, 05:08 PM
Hey Woody! It wouldn't be Packerrats if you didn't catch sh!t. :lol:

I agree, though, that it might be more a case of you catching up to TT than TT catching up to you.:wink::razz:

1) In my opinion Jolly is not having trouble giving up an addiction to mind-altering substances, he is having trouble giving up the idiots that are supposedly his friends. Leaving the culture that raised you and supported you is harder than those of us from the middle class can understand. We be crackers after all.

2) I think the chances of TT trading down are small, given the fact that our depth is much improved. In a typical year, TT might even trade up if he could, but this year's draft doesn't seem to reward such a move. I think he'll pick the best player he can at spot #32. My money is still on DL or OL.

sharpe1027
03-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Woodbuck, I don't think TT learned the things you knew he needed to learn to become good. I think you learned that he was doing the things that worked.

Humility, sir. Humility.

When you're wrong (the way you were on TT) just admit it and move forward. We've all been there, even Patler.

Prove it. ;)

Smeefers
03-25-2011, 05:46 PM
I don't see us trading down either. Now we need immidiate impact players. Last year we proved we're by and far deep enough to endure just about any loss. What we need to do is start replacing our below average and average starters with above average guys.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Cut his dumbass. He could make a lot more money focusing on being a great NFL player. Now he doesn't even deserve the chance.

digitaldean
03-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Can this guy ever get the stupid out of his system? All he had to do was keep his nose clean and he had a roster spot locked up. Now he'll be suspended after the lockout ends. What a complete MORON!
Guys like that just make me want to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czmb6tEwFE8

Tony Oday
03-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Bye Jolly hope you like dudes for the next 20 years dumb ass.

TT will trade his first round for a future 1st and a pick in this draft...thats my guess.

Fritz
03-25-2011, 06:33 PM
When I make my toast in the morning I'll be thinking of Johnny Jolly.

Looks like Justin Harrell is going to have to storm through that door of opportunity - and try not to wrench his back, snap an achilles, or anything else while he's storming.

Lurker64
03-25-2011, 06:51 PM
TT will trade his first round for a future 1st and a pick in this draft...thats my guess.

I'm not sure why he would do this, since it's not as though we don't have a roster that's ready to win championships right now, and it's not as though we can't find a player at #32 that will improve the roster. That and the fact that the NFL has come out and said "you trade 2012 picks at your own risk" will probably dissuade teams from trading for them (since by 2012 the draft may be illegal).

Bretsky
03-25-2011, 08:10 PM
very sad; many of us were cheering for his healthy return. TT IMO will draft the BPA in round one. Odds are he'll nab a DL with one of the top three picks but he'll get us players who can help. Would be nice to somehow lure Jenkins back now but that's prolly a pipe dream

mraynrand
03-25-2011, 08:55 PM
Losing Jolly isn't even a bump in the road for this team. Between TT finding gems (Shields, Wiliams) in rookie FA, castoffs to play role bits here and there (Walden, Green, Peprah) and the coaching staff's ability to coach 'em up, I have total confidence they can get it done. Assuming of course there's a league to play in...

Jimx29
03-25-2011, 09:09 PM
Does this mean my JJ jersey is worth more, or less??

red
03-25-2011, 09:34 PM
that really is true that we don't have to draft D-line in the first round. even without jolly and if jenkins goes

we still have raji, pickett, mike neal looked damn good before he got hurt last year, cj wilson, wynn and i would love to have green back. i think the guy played great for only being on the team half a year

and there's like a 2% chance justin harrell can stay healthy for the season

i feel comfortable with that talent going into next year

Lurker64
03-25-2011, 09:41 PM
that really is true that we don't have to draft D-line in the first round. even without jolly and if jenkins goes

we still have raji, pickett, mike neal looked damn good before he got hurt last year, cj wilson, wynn and i would love to have green back. i think the guy played great for only being on the team half a year

and there's like a 2% chance justin harrell can stay healthy for the season

i feel comfortable with that talent going into next year

Certainly we don't have to go that direction (or any direction) in the first. But we should probably draft another defensive big man with one of our eight picks, just because you always need those guys. Someone like Brandon Bair from Oregon as a late round pick or Allen Bailey from Miami as a mid-round pick would be appropriate.

Kiwon
03-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Well the prison team for "The Longest Yard" was set in Texas so maybe Jolly will be able to catch on there, the dumbs**t.

What would Adrian Peterson say about this, "The slave is off the plantation?"

gbgary
03-25-2011, 09:57 PM
Losing Jolly isn't even a bump in the road for this team.

yup. didn't miss him. won a sb without him. he'll be replaced in the draft.

Guiness
03-25-2011, 09:59 PM
Unbelievable.

Don't know what the guy came from, but he had it made. Coming up on his second contract after a few good years. He was in line for a big contract.

Down the drain.

Fritz
03-26-2011, 09:40 AM
Maybe having and consuming codeine is way, way better than signing a huge contract and having lots of money.

KYPack
03-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Does this mean my JJ jersey is worth more, or less??

It's worth less

Totally worthless.

swede
03-26-2011, 10:07 AM
Maybe having and consuming codeine is way, way better than signing a huge contract and having lots of money.

lol sigworthy!

Tony Oday
03-26-2011, 10:08 AM
I'm not sure why he would do this, since it's not as though we don't have a roster that's ready to win championships right now, and it's not as though we can't find a player at #32 that will improve the roster. That and the fact that the NFL has come out and said "you trade 2012 picks at your own risk" will probably dissuade teams from trading for them (since by 2012 the draft may be illegal).

As much as I hate Bilicheat he does it correct on draft day so I see this happening with TT...without a real NEED for a first rounder I can see him trading down to stock up on future drafts as well.

Smidgeon
03-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Cut his dumbass. He could make a lot more money focusing on being a great NFL player. Now he doesn't even deserve the chance.

Well, as Jolly was not reinstated yet (and this probably shoots down any chance of him being reinstated), the Packers don't need to cut him. They'll probably put him on the Reserve/Retired list (or whatever you call it), and it will end there.

Iron Mike
03-26-2011, 12:27 PM
http://www.gaijinside.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/archer.png

I guess he is no longer a member of Team Live Badass.

Cheesehead Craig
03-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Bye Bye Jolly. Good riddance.

packerbacker1234
03-26-2011, 02:44 PM
When I hear shit like this I am just baffled. The guy has gotten in deep trouble for it. He's still got a pending case that isn't fully resolved that deals with the exact same issue, and he lost an entire NFL season, a season that could of netted him a SB ring, because of this issue.

Then, when he finally is at a point where he can "try" to come back to the NFL, he just goes right back into his old life.

I don't get it. I know people tend to repeat mistakes, but this was one of those big things that you simply don't repeat since, the end result, is the end of your career and thus, the loss of your entire income. Vick had a dog fighting ring, but you don't see him back doing that because he took a higher road. Jolly's road is much simpler, so I'm really at a loss for why he chose to continue the wrong path.

Such a waste. Guy was a very good talent that could of had a very fruitful career with the packers. Tossing it all away for a stupid drug just doesn't make sense. He could still make a comeback someday ala Ricky Williams, but it wont be till his early 30's and it's unlikely he can repeat the success williams has had in terms of his performance. That is, of course, assuming he can even stay way from tha tlife after prison.

Reality sets in right now: He's going to prison, there is no question about it.

Iron Mike
03-26-2011, 02:52 PM
http://www.margaritavillestore.com/prodimg/BKJOLLYPB.jpg

It's all irie, Mon.....'specially when you have sum purple drank.

wist43
03-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Losing Jolly is a blow... assuming Jenkins is gone, DE suddenly looks very thin again.

SkinBasket
03-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Anybody who is that good at football but can't keep it together off the field like this, you have feel bad for him.

No, you really don't. At all. Actually this is the kind of person I would think normal people would feel least bad for.

RashanGary
03-26-2011, 04:06 PM
No, you really don't. At all. Actually this is the kind of person I would think normal people would feel least bad for.

No, I would think normal people would feel the least bad for rapists, murderers and violent criminals. A codeine addict/user who had everything most of us dream of in his hands and then pissed it away while not hurting anyone but himself. . . I'll bet there are a lot of people who pity him. It's too bad. I don't even think he made it long enough to get the NFL pension. He's now a regular, uneducated, street bum with obvious mental problems.

Scott Campbell
03-26-2011, 04:42 PM
Where could we find one of these "normal" people to go test out your theories?

Patler
03-26-2011, 06:00 PM
When Jolly got in trouble the first time, there was an article that mentioned the Packers tried to convince him to move from Houston. They said in GB he was a dedicated, contentious guy who was consumed by football. One of the coaches said he never had a player who enjoyed the game as much as Jolly. I think it was a college coach who said they worried about Jolly only in the off seasons, because he was a follower who couldn't break away from "friends" that weren't the best influence on him.

I know he is a man, responsible for his own decisions. But articles don't paint him as a bad person toward others, just a self-destructive person. The only person he really has hurt is himself. For that reason I do feel sorry for him.

Tarlam!
03-28-2011, 05:59 PM
very sad; many of us were cheering for his healthy return. TT IMO will draft the BPA in round one. Odds are he'll nab a DL with one of the top three picks but he'll get us players who can help. Would be nice to somehow lure Jenkins back now but that's prolly a pipe dream

+1.

Tarlam!
03-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Where could we find one of these "normal" people to go test out your theories?

I'm Spartacus!

Tarlam!
03-28-2011, 06:05 PM
No, I would think normal people would feel the least bad for rapists, murderers and violent criminals. A codeine addict/user who had everything most of us dream of in his hands and then pissed it away while not hurting anyone but himself. . . I'll bet there are a lot of people who pity him. It's too bad. I don't even think he made it long enough to get the NFL pension. He's now a regular, uneducated, street bum with obvious mental problems.

Well, at least I have an education, but, I'm a street bum that pissed it all away. We don't need your pity, but, can you spare a dime?

MJZiggy
03-28-2011, 08:13 PM
I'm Spartacus!
Spartacus you may be, but normal you are not! (I mean that in the very best crazy ass Tarlam way!)

SkinBasket
03-29-2011, 08:06 AM
No, I would think normal people would feel the least bad for rapists, murderers and violent criminals.

But add a sad story background to give some dimension to your theoretical rapists, murderers and violent criminals and viola! Instant sympathy!

The guy was a pro athlete on his last chance and he couldn't stop drinking cough syrup to save his career and the millions of dollars that went with it. *sob*

Guiness
03-30-2011, 11:29 PM
An update on this (complete with a cute little photo of him)

Johnny Jolly denied bail, will remain in jail

Posted on: March 30, 2011 1:14 pm

Posted by Andy Benoit
http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/football/nfl/players/60x80/414003.jpg
Packers (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/GB) defensive end Johnny Jolly (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/414003), who is almost certainly soon to become “former Packers defensive end Johnny Jolly” will be spending the next three weeks locked up. Jolly, as you know, was arrested on possession of a controlled substance in Houston last week.

Jolly appeared in court Wednesday and was denied bail. Thus, he’ll remain in custody until his next court date, April 20 (ironic date for a drug-related case).

Police officers last week arrested Jolly after finding a bottle containing 600 grams of codeine (aka Purple Drank) and another containing an unidentified substance under the seats of his car.

Jolly was suspended by Roger Goodell for all of the 2010 season for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy. Last August, Jolly settled drug charges for a separate incident in 2008 in which he was arrested for having 200 grams of codeine. Jolly made a deal with prosecutors that allowed him to avoid felony trial as long as he stayed out of trouble for the next year. Oops.

SkinBasket
03-31-2011, 05:42 AM
Maybe this flat idiotic slob of a clusterfuck nun abortion should stop getting pulled over if he's going to be high all the time.

Tarlam!
03-31-2011, 06:04 AM
Spartacus you may be, but normal you are not! (I mean that in the very best crazy ass Tarlam way!)

And you still have the absolute sexiest avartar I've ever seen.

SkinBasket
03-31-2011, 06:18 AM
And you still have the absolute sexiest avartar I've ever seen.

Whatever.

Tarlam!
03-31-2011, 01:03 PM
Whatever.

Oh what, you wanna go back 7 years when I held the avartar contest at JSO?? I aint doin' it. I LOVE redheads, but, well, they need to be girls. What can I say?

SkinBasket
03-31-2011, 02:01 PM
Oh what, you wanna go back 7 years when I held the avartar contest at JSO?? I aint doin' it. I LOVE redheads, but, well, they need to be girls. What can I say?

You missed the night I had a guy with a 18" dong as my avatar. Ziggy knows what I'm talking about.

Tarlam!
03-31-2011, 02:13 PM
J, nobody can replace you in my heart, but Z's avartar just does it for me. And, it's her own work! Which makes her's (her) even more desirable.

Tarlam!
03-31-2011, 02:15 PM
And, yet again we've managed to hijack a thread....

Freak Out
03-31-2011, 10:44 PM
Texans are stupid..... especially from the Southeast of the state. Well.....except for Driver. He smartened up. What the hell...? Drank? what is the street $$ on Drank? Was he making money or just getting dumb...? er dumber.....? Jolly was a heck of a player when he was actually on the field but we know ALL of these guys are replaceable. TT will find another DL.

DannoMac21
04-03-2011, 01:34 AM
Ted Thompson did not win us a Super Bowl. It took many parts and IMO an unbelievable stage of events and good fortune.

Son of a piss...you have got to be kidding me.