View Full Version : QB's in ROUND ONE of 2011 NFL DRAFT

Bretsky
04-15-2011, 07:17 PM
How many get taken in Round one ??

and

Who takes them ???

Bretsky
04-15-2011, 07:28 PM
I have not decided between 3 or 4 QB's in round one. Here are my initial thoughts

CAM NEWTON- I think he's going #1

BLAINE GABBERT- I think he's going #5 to AZ
Backup-Pick 7 by San Fran
He won't get by Pick 12 on MN

Jake Locker- He's going to MN

It will get interesting at pick 32; odds are one of the prime players does not fall and it just might be one of Ted's best shots and trading down. I have a feeling somebody will trade up between pick 27 by Hoody to pick 32 to Teddy to nab QB number four in round one

Odds are that will be Christian Ponder

RashanGary
04-15-2011, 07:57 PM
You're obsessed with the hoody ;)

HarveyWallbangers
04-16-2011, 02:03 AM
I doubt Minnesota takes Locker at #12, but I could see them trading back. Locker = 55 complettion % in college, best was 58% during his junior year. To me, he has bust written all over him. Actually, I'm not a big fan of this QB group. There are a lot of teams that need QBs and there are a lot of QBs rated about the same. To me, I think most of them would go in the 2nd or 3rd round most years. I've said for awhile that I'm intrigued by Newton, but the rest are more likely to fail than succeed.

Tarlam!
04-16-2011, 02:32 AM
(...)I'm not a big fan of this QB group. (...) I'm intrigued by Newton, but the rest are more likely to fail than succeed.

Hear here. I, too, am intrigued by Newton due to all the posturing that has gone on. Will he turn out to be Vince Young or JaMarcus Russell reincanted? Or will he join Doug Williams and become only the 2nd black QB to win a SB ring (unless the current starters beat him to it)?

I am also intrigued by Gabbert. He certainly looks the part (good looking kid), has a prototypical arm and is mobile. He'd do well holding a clipboard for a season and doing spot duty, but if he's drafted top 7, he won't get that luxery.

Fritz
04-16-2011, 04:20 PM
Is Andrew Luck staying in school, then?