PDA

View Full Version : Who Will be the Packer's #3 WR?

BallHawk
08-11-2006, 11:21 AM
It's looking like Jennings is gonna be the #2 so who do you thing will be the three?

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-11-2006, 11:25 AM
#3= Jennings, #2= ferg

Although they will rotate so much we won't know whos starting.

Badgepack
08-11-2006, 11:25 AM
Ruvell Martin is going to step up in the pre-season games and show that he can be the big threat WR.

Scott Campbell
08-11-2006, 11:27 AM
I'm not even sure the #3 is on the roster yet. As a group, these guys are a bunch of stiffs.

Packnut
08-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Ruvell Martin is going to step up in the pre-season games and show that he can be the big threat WR.

Yep, I agree. This guy is gonna open some eyes up throughout the pre season.

BallHawk
08-11-2006, 11:38 AM
If Gardner actually tries he can be the #3. Ferguson will either be cut or be the #3, big difference between those. The preseason will be very telling for Martin. Boegritier is just junk.

pittstang5
08-11-2006, 11:45 AM
Boegritier is just junk.

Yep, I don't see him making the final roster. If they keep six, I have R. Martin beating Boe. for the final spot, assuming they keep Rodgers for PR/KR duty. BUT, I'm not sure Rodgers is a lock anymore. His case of the dropsies better end quick or he's out.

woodbuck27
08-11-2006, 11:52 AM
To this point in TC and in the Off Season it's been clearly to me:

#1 DD; #2 Greg Jennings and #3 "a pleasant surprise" Ruvell Martin.

Toss the name guy's like Robert Ferguson ,Rod Gardner and Marc Boerigter a can of beans. :mrgreen:

The writing is on the wall fellas. Get your act's together - FAST !!

GO PACKERS ! FAITH !!

Astonishment
08-11-2006, 12:14 PM
As much as it would be nice to see a fresh face at the #3 position, I think it is pretty much set that the #3 will be Ferguson.

MJZiggy
08-11-2006, 12:17 PM
As much as it would be nice to see a fresh face at the #3 position, I think it is pretty much set that the #3 will be Ferguson.

Depends. If he won't go to war for the ball, Favre won't give him the looks he needs to hang onto the position. He was pissed about that last year. Part of this WCO is that they simplified it to give the guys on the field more options. Brett will have more choices in the distribution of balls than he has in recent years.

ahaha
08-11-2006, 12:18 PM
Why is Greg Jennings not on the list? Is he guaranteed the #2 spot? I must have missed something. I know he's looking good right now, but they haven't played any preseason games yet. Coaches are usually conservative about starting a rookie receiver. The most likely scenario, IMHO, is Ferguson as the #2 and Jennings as #3. This will give him playing time and a shot to prove himself in a real game without the pressure of being a sure-fire starter. Then, if he shows he belongs, bump him up to #2.

HarveyWallbangers
08-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Funny! People are already giving Jennings the #2 spot and Ruvell Martin the #3 spot.
:D

Martin is in a battle to make the team. I doubt he'll leapfrog Ferguson, Gardner, and Boerigter--but crazier things have happened.

PTPaQ
08-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Fergy will be the number 2, Gardner and Jennings will be battling for the #3 in pre-season games.

Astonishment
08-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Fergy will be the number 2, Gardner and Jennings will be battling for the #3 in pre-season games.
I think Jennings is at least the #3, but I agree that Fergy is the #2 right now. The poll was based off of Jennings being the #2, but I think the Packers will start with Driver, Ferguson, and Jennings in that order. That said I think Jennings will get more called for him.

prsnfoto
08-11-2006, 12:35 PM
[quote="PTPaQ"]Fergy will be the number 2, Gardner and Jennings will be battling for the #3 in pre-season games.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you are wrong about Faquson if he is number 2 we are 4-12 again my friends he is 4 or 5 on any team except the bears.

Deputy Nutz
08-11-2006, 12:53 PM
Ruvell Martin will lucky to make the practice squad this year. I have heard and seen nothing about him in camp. He had a couple of decent OTA practices but it is a different world when the pads are put on.

#1 Donald Driver, he just seems to get better and better each year. I think he has broken through as a legit #1 wide out in this league. He is basically uncoverable in camp, not even guys like "Give a Damn" Woodson, or "trip on my Hair" Harris can touch him.

#2 Greg Jennings, it is going to be a struggle with whoever is playing opposite of Driver. Gardner shows flashes especially in the redzone, but he has never been consistent, and once again he has proved that in training camp. Gardner has the size and tools to be the legit #2 reciever, only if he would get his Clemson size brain out of his ass. Jennings is going to be a bit raw this year and even if he is starting don't expect more than 30 catches and anything more than 500 yards.

#3 Robert Ferguson, Uggg... he just can't get it together, some guys have that mental edge and that drive, but Ferguson just isn't one of them. Most days I bet his head is still spinning and hazy. Fergy you're a damn great special teams player, and hopefully you can go back to playing on special teams full time.

#4 Rod Gardner, There is going to be a lot of rotation between Ferguson, Gardner, and Jennings regardless of who is where on the depth chart. Gardner is the most physical of the wide recievers and this gives him the edge in the red zone or on short passing plays.

#5 Cory Rodger, Rodgers makes this team at this point because of where he was drafted. Hopefully he catches punts a lot better in game situations than he does in practice. Rodgers is just raw, it was a reach to take him in the 4th round. He has some decent athletic ability but reciever is a skills based position and he has yet to develop those skills to the point that he can seriously contribute to the offense come time for the regular season.

#6 Ruvell Martin, He is going to fighting for the fifth wide out postion until the end of camp and if he can demonstrate he can contribute to the offense more so than Rodgers, or Chad Lucas then the Packers will carry 6 guys on their roster. If he demonstrates that he is really just another camp body he will be released and the Packers will only carry 5 wide outs.

#7 Mark Boerichter, He has to prove he can be a deep threat in the preseason especially in the preseason games otherwise this team will go with younger players with more upside than Boerichter. If he can open up some the preseason games and prove he can seperate from NFL caliber corners then he might crack this roster.

#8 Chad Lucas, Lucas has the ablitlity to leap frog guys like Boerichter and Martin. His size is ideal in the west coast system and he has been in and out of Green Bay for the last year. Thompson and his front office people see something in Lucas and hopefully for him he can build his skills off that little something and crack this roster, but in reality he will probably be cut and added to the practice squad.

woodbuck27
08-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Funny! People are already giving Jennings the #2 spot and Ruvell Martin the #3 spot.

Martin is in a battle to make the team. I doubt he'll leapfrog Ferguson, Gardner, and Boerigter--but crazier things have happened.

Ruvell Martin will make OUR team as he's flat out been busting his ass all Off Season.

He deserves it BIG TIME. Otherwise this competion thing that is so talked about - is hog wash.

GO RUVELL !!

Deputy Nutz
08-11-2006, 01:05 PM

Ruvell Martin will make OUR team as he's flat out been busting his ass all Off Season.

He deserves it BIG TIME. Otherwise this competion thing that is so talked about - is hog wash.

GO RUVELL !!

Just because he busted his ass, doesn't guarantee a spot on this team, his hard work has to turn into production on the field, and I have yet to see it in training camp

woodbuck27
08-11-2006, 01:10 PM

GO RUVELL !!

Just because he busted his ass, doesn't guarantee a spot on this team, his hard work has to turn into production on the field, and I have yet to see it in training camp

We've seen alot more from Ruvell Martin that Ferguson , Gardner and Boerigter Deputy Nutz.

He came to us prepared to win a spot and thus far he's shown he wants one.

GO RUVELL !!

red
08-11-2006, 01:20 PM
i gotta say ruvell looked like the 3rd or 4th best wr on the field for family night. so i wouldn't say he's a long shot to make the roster at this point

if fergy is our #2 this year we are in a lot of trouble, he's just flat out horrible on games days. at times last year it looked like he was playing for the other team. he has proven in his FIVE years here that he doesn't have it

i won't be suprised to see him traded or cut before the start of the real season

watch for charles rodgers or mike williams to be added and maybe be our #2 or #3 if they are cut from the lions

right now IMO the #2 is jennings. he may be a rookie but he is absolutely not playing like one, and him and favre seem to be getting along really well from all i've read. brett trusts him already which is one of the biggest problems rookie wr's have (qb's have no faith in them, and won't look their way)

Deputy Nutz
08-11-2006, 01:20 PM

GO RUVELL !!

We've seen alot more from Ruvell Martin that Ferguson , Gardner and Boerigter Deputy Nutz.

GO RUVELL !!

What the hell have we seen from Martin other than the fact he has not made an active roster during his time in the NFL? Ferguson, Gardner, and Boerichter have all been legit NFL recievers at one time or another. Until Martin beats them out on the field in preseason, he falls behind those fellas, well maybe not Boerichter. Right now I have him 6th on my depth chart, that isn't the greastest place to be right now for wide out. If he as a big camp the rest of the way, then yes he deserves a spot on this team, but if continues to get lost in the shadows, then he is back on the practice squad.

Creepy
08-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Jennings can win the #2 if he plays well in the pre-season. You may see Fergie start, but it sounds like Favre may play more Thana series and you may see a switch between series.

Ferguson & Gardner will have to produce to become the #3 receiver. Unless Jennings totally tanks, I think he can start as the #2. IMO Ferguson will show the same play making abilities he has the last five years. In that case he will drop to fighting Lucas, Martin, and Boeriter for the season. All the others are young and have potential, Ferguson is in his sixth year and the team doesn't want to hear potential. Sherman is gone, so Ferguson better shape up.

I have read the camp reports from the news articles and I have read the posts by other rats on this forum. I have heard Martins name comes up quite a bit and it is all positive. Last time GB had a WR in camp that was getting these kinds of notes a lot of Packer fans wanted him cut. Martin right now sounds like a young Driver, doing what he is told and doing it right. No fanfare, just getting the job done. IMO, Martin is going to be GBs diamond in the rough.

BF4MVP
08-11-2006, 06:33 PM
#3= Jennings, #2= ferg

Bingo..

I guess I gotta vote "other"...This poll is weird. Jennings should be a choice.

Bretsky
08-11-2006, 06:42 PM
OK, IF Rod Gardner cannot beat out the Fraud then his ass should be cut and go with the youth. I'd be pretty surprised if Robert Ferguson was a top 3 WR and if he is that'd tell me TT f'cked up.

Bretsky
08-11-2006, 06:46 PM
#3= Jennings, #2= ferg

Bingo..

I guess I gotta vote "other"...This poll is weird. Jennings should be a choice.

BF,

I thought you saw the light; you are like a relapsing drug addict with these ties to the Fraud that you keep coming back to.

RF has shown us absolutely nothing in 6 years to lead us to believe he is remotely competent as a #2 on a remotely consistent basis.

I have a hard time getting ready to stomach watching him flash greatness 2-3 times in the preseason only to see him consistently disappoint once the real games come. It's automatic.

B

woodbuck27
08-11-2006, 07:08 PM

GO RUVELL !!

GO RUVELL !!

What the hell have we seen from Martin other than the fact he has not made an active roster during his time in the NFL? Ferguson, Gardner, and Boerichter have all been legit NFL recievers at one time or another. Until Martin beats them out on the field in preseason, he falls behind those fellas, well maybe not Boerichter. Right now I have him 6th on my depth chart, that isn't the greastest place to be right now for wide out. If he as a big camp the rest of the way, then yes he deserves a spot on this team, but if continues to get lost in the shadows, then he is back on the practice squad.

Then Deputy Nutz we'll have to see what the Pre-Season games reveal to us but no man can live off his laurels and I get the impression that OUR new OC doesn't give a rats ass about what ** Ferguson or Gardner or Boerigter ** has done or should have done or promise to do.

Ruvell Martin "is flat out" out there to date. Doing it ! **They to date, are not (arn't) doing it. It's not my gig to prdict anything but today if I had to choose WR's and I had to only choose only four to face San Diego. I'd go with:

1. Donald Driver (1)
2. Greg Jennings (2)
3. Rod Gardner (4)
4. Ruvell Martin (3) He's been the third best WR.

Marc Boerigter has been inconsistent at best. Robert Ferguson has disappeared.

GO PACKERS ! HOLD THE FAITH.