PDA

View Full Version : PROSPECT A DAY

Bretsky
04-21-2011, 07:24 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/120204034.html

MARK INGRAM; nice write up and video.

RashanGary
04-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Saw that, and McGinn is starting a position each day breakdown in the PI section.

swede
04-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Saw that, and McGinn is starting a position each day breakdown in the PI section.

When does the Kama Sutra come out with their position a day series?

Bretsky
04-21-2011, 05:55 PM
ok; thx for the heads up..........

Freak Out
04-21-2011, 06:10 PM

They have....it's on the PR Yoga site.

HowardRoark
04-21-2011, 09:59 PM

http://www.fhm.com/upgrade/sex-advice/no-1-the-butterfly-20081103#pagetitle

swede
04-21-2011, 10:36 PM
http://www.fhm.com/upgrade/sex-advice/no-1-the-butterfly-20081103#pagetitle

:shock:

Bretsky
04-22-2011, 05:12 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/120514749.html

Akeem Ayers; I could see this guy falling and TT would have to consider...but an interesting part of the blog.........

But in order for GM Ted Thompson to consider taking Ayers, he’d have to be convinced that football is his passion and that he’s willing to work to be great. He has gotten by a lot with just his athletic ability. It’s possible Thompson thinks that OLBs coach Kevin Greene could turn Ayers into a player, but the one thing he’ll probably keep coming back to is his lack of jarring hits and bull-rush ability. To be a first-rounder, you’ve got to be able to get in a tackle’s face and push him back or be able to get around him consistently

I'd say the above describes BROOKS REED

Freak Out
04-22-2011, 05:17 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/120514749.html

Akeem Ayers; I could see this guy falling and TT would have to consider...but an interesting part of the blog.........

But in order for GM Ted Thompson to consider taking Ayers, he’d have to be convinced that football is his passion and that he’s willing to work to be great. He has gotten by a lot with just his athletic ability. It’s possible Thompson thinks that OLBs coach Kevin Greene could turn Ayers into a player, but the one thing he’ll probably keep coming back to is his lack of jarring hits and bull-rush ability. To be a first-rounder, you’ve got to be able to get in a tackle’s face and push him back or be able to get around him consistently

I'd say the above describes BROOKS REED

For the love of Pete don't curse this guy!

Fritz
04-23-2011, 07:53 AM
I have become a huge, huge Justin Houston fan. He's got the numbers that TT loves, and it appears he loves to hit, too.

He's my Odell Thurman this year. What say you, Bretsky? You gonna curse Brooks Reed instead?

Bretsky
04-23-2011, 08:38 AM
I have become a huge, huge Justin Houston fan. He's got the numbers that TT loves, and it appears he loves to hit, too.

He's my Odell Thurman this year. What say you, Bretsky? You gonna curse Brooks Reed instead?

If we endorse a pick together, Fritz, we will ruin a guys entire career :)
I need to watch more film on Houston

Tarlam!
04-23-2011, 09:46 AM
The comments over at JSO are anything but flattering for Akim Ayers. I was surprited - he got decent comments from the NFL.com crew.

Bretsky
04-23-2011, 09:44 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/120549584.html

RashanGary
04-23-2011, 10:36 PM
A lot of people like him. I don't know, he seems kind of so/so. I watched his highlights and he looked sluggish and for someone sluggish, they better be powerful and he wasn't exceptionally strong either.

I'm not hoping for him.

Just read McGinn's write up on Mark Ingram in his Running Backs column and they think he's an underrated star, Priest Holmes style.

RashanGary
04-23-2011, 10:40 PM
The Chargers are not in the market for a running back and their GM is on record saying Ryan Williams has everything they look for in a running back. He doesn't have motivation to lie. I'd keep a sly eye on Ryan Williams. He's the 2nd RB on McGinn's board and he comes with some big-time endorsements. If he's a star RB, he'd have to be a consideration in the end of round 1/early round 2 area.

RashanGary
04-23-2011, 10:43 PM
I love McGinn's draft article's because you can find a quote from a GM that you know is NOT going to take a RB high becuase he jsut took one with the 10th pick a year ago and he'll say something meaningful about a draft prospect in our area. That's nice info.

Bretsky
04-23-2011, 10:46 PM
A lot of people like him. I don't know, he seems kind of so/so. I watched his highlights and he looked sluggish and for someone sluggish, they better be powerful and he wasn't exceptionally strong either.

I'm not hoping for him.

Just read McGinn's write up on Mark Ingram in his Running Backs column and they think he's an underrated star, Priest Holmes style.

also listened to an interview with Nick Saban and he kind of laughed at the scouts who were downgrading Ingram. He said the guy is hands down the best college RB he's coached.
I know a few in here have noted he wasn't even the best RB last year on the team; Saban would not agree at all. He obviously admires Ingrams's character, work effort, and willingness to
play though some injuries

On the other hand, I listed to the Badgers coach today on the NFL Network. They asked him to hype his players and he spoke positively of Carimi, Kendricks, and Moffit.

Didn't say one word about Clay. That screamed volumes.

I was so excited when the Badgers won an intense recruiting war for John Clay. After his freshman year I was convinced I saw superstar talent. He never seemed to progress much
mentally or physically. He declared early and might not even get drafted. BUMMER

Bretsky
04-26-2011, 09:52 PM
Prospect A Day: Chapter V, OLB Justin Houston
e-mail print By Tom Silverstein of the Journal Sentinel
April 26, 2011 4:14 p.m. |(84) Comments

Leading up to the draft we will provide a daily glimpse into some of the top prospects in the 2011 draft. Most of the players have a shot at being available to the Packers at No. 32. Either an NFL scout or assistant coach has provided thoughts on the prospect to the JS. Here's the fifth installment:

OLB JUSTIN HOUSTON, GEORGIA

COLLEGE STATISTICS

YEAR G GS SOLO ASST TOTAL TFL SACK INT PD FR FF
2010 13 13 38 29 67 18.5-81 10.0-67 1-4 2 2 1
2009 10 10 22 17 39 15.0-59 7.5-42 0 1 0 1
2008 13 1 10 9 19 4.5-28 2.5-25 0 2 0 0
TOTALS 36 24 70 55 125 38-168 20-134 1 5 2 2

ABOUT HIM

Declared for draft after junior season. A finalist for the Bronko Nagurski Trophy and the Butkus Award and a semi-finalist for the Bednarik Award. Earned AP All-SEC honors. Was the team's MVP on defense. Started out as a defensive end at Georgia, but moved to outside linebacker in 2010 when the Bulldogs went to a 3-4 defense. Suspended for two games in 2009 for violating team rules and missed one game with an elbow injury. Turned 22 in January.

COMBINE RESULTS

•Height: 6-2 7/8
•Weight: 270
•40-yard dash: 4.62
•20-yard time: 2.61
•10-yard time: 1.62
•Bench press: 30
•Vertical jump: 36 1/2
•Broad jump: 10’ 05”
•Cone drill: 6.95
OVERVIEW

News broke from FoxSports.com Tuesday that Houston tested positive for marijuana at the combine in February, but club officials knew about it as late as Monday and some have downgraded him to a mid-round pick. If you take away the positive test, Houston has all the tools to be a dynamic end in a 3-4 defense. Not only does he run well, he put up 225 pounds 30 times at the combine. Few players have that combination of speed and power. Still, he has to prove he’s more than just a physical specimen. He shows dominance at times, but isn’t consistent and might be over-drafted because of his athletic ability.

NFL SCOUT / COACH’S COMMENTS

“He makes me nervous because of his inability to play with urgency and consistency. Sometimes he’s a (butt)-kicker and 70% of the time you don’t see anything. He has a ton of power and short closing speed for a big man. He’s a 3-4 outside backer. He might be able to be a plugger in a 4-3. Athletically, he’s got it. I think he will be over-drafted because of that. I don’t think he’ll get drafted in the first three rounds.”

PACKERS PERSPECTIVE

Houston would certainly offer pass rush ability across from Clay Matthews, but the positive drug test probably knocks him out of the first round. It certainly would knock down his grade for GM Ted Thompson, for whom character is critical. Thompson is known for giving players second chances and could be convinced Houston has straightened things out. He drafted another physical specimen in Jeremy Thompson and didn’t get anything out of it, so either he learned his lesson or still believes those kinds of players can succeed. It’s hard to imagine him going for Houston with the 32nd pick.

RashanGary
04-26-2011, 09:59 PM
The measurables were off the charts for Houston. A lot of people really liked him. Too bad for him. Dumb ass.

King Friday
04-27-2011, 12:17 PM
I wouldn't touch Houston with a 60 foot pole. The guy was DUMBASS enough to smoke pot before the combine when he KNEW he would be tested for drugs. If you can't lay off the weed for 2 weeks prior to the combine...one of the biggest events of your life up to that point...then I can't respect your commitment to the game. The fact that his scouting report also confirms his "inconsistency" should set off alarm bells.

I guess it is possible for him to learn from this, but there are too many pot smokers in recent NFL history that seemed to fall well short of their potential to simply overlook this as nothing.

Bretsky
04-27-2011, 08:06 PM
Prospect A Day: Chapter VI, OT Derek Sherrod
e-mail print By Tom Silverstein of the Journal Sentinel
April 27, 2011 12:01 p.m. |(138) Comments

Leading up to the draft we will provide a daily glimpse into some of the top prospects in the 2011 draft. Most of the players have a shot at being available to the Packers at No. 32. Either an NFL scout or assistant coach has provided thoughts on the prospect to the JS. Here's the sixth installment:

OL DEREK SHERROD, MISSISSIPPI STATE

COLLEGE STATISTICS

Year G GS
2010 13 13
2009 12 12
2008 11 10
2007 11 0
Totals 47 35

ABOUT HIM

Three-year starter who was an anchor on the left side. Played on a line that was exceptional at running the ball. Very intelligent player with no character flaws. Was a team captain his senior year. Turned down offers to attend Miami, Michigan and Notre Dame among others to remain in his home state.

COMBINE RESULTS

•Height: 6-5 3/8
•Weight: 321
•40-yard dash: 5.28
•20-yard time: 3.01
•10-yard time: 1.81
•Bench press: 23
•Vertical jump: 28
•Broad jump: 8’ 01”
•Cone drill: 7.43
OVERVIEW

Sherrod has very good feet as confirmed by his time in the three-cone drill, which was fourth best among players at his position at the combine. He’s built wide on top, but he doesn’t have tremendous strength. Has the ability to be a solid pass protector on the left, but may lack the lower body strength to provide much in the run game. May not have enough power to play right tackle, although some may think he has a better shot there than on the left. Will be a finesse-type pass blocker who may never be a fire-breather.

NFL SCOUT / COACH’S COMMENTS

“An athletic big man. His talent is legit. He’s just kind of has a middle of the road attitude. He’s not a (butt)-kicking kid. He’s a really good, solid dude. He played better his junior year than his senior year. You’re concerned about what kind of urgency he plays with. He’s a big man who can get out and do some good stuff. He can play right tackle. Some teams would play him there. He’ll be over-drafted. He might go in the first round. I’d say he’s in the top 40.”

PACKERS PERSPECTIVE

It’s hard to find big tackles with Sherrod’s kind of agility and quickness. The Packers aren’t as concerned about run-blocking ability at left tackle as they are with protecting QB Aaron Rodgers. With some work in the weight room and the right motivation from line coach James Campen, Sherrod could be a good fit for the Packers. They have a similar guy in Marshall Newhouse, but Sherrod is more athletic and has played against some very good pass rushers in the SEC. If GM Ted Thompson doesn’t take him at No. 32, he’ll be gone soon after that.

MOCK DRAFTS

• Peter King, SI.com, 29th, Bears.
•Charles Davis, NFL.com, 22nd, Colts.
•Ourlads, 23rd, Eagles.
•Sean Leahy, USA Today, 29th, Bears.
•Rob Rang, NFLdraftscout.com, 29th, Bears
•KFFL, 27th, Falcons

red
04-28-2011, 12:44 PM
no one is talking about titus young on here. he's percy harvin. jones is gone and driver is getting old fast. young gives us a very good wr' prospect who is very scary with the ball in his hands and he's a dangerous punt and kick returner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JkmUnh6MU8