PDA

View Full Version : Bears will still suck...

MadtownPacker
04-26-2011, 08:16 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Jay-Cutler-engaged-to-reality-TV-star-Kristin-Ca?urn=nfl-wp1250

Guess cutler has to get known for something besides being a fucked up team mate. Hopefully this is the one he got seen walking up the restaurant stairs with after the NFCC.

Best comment???

Big green meanie (http://pulse.yahoo.com/_F2MDTB4DFKRPIUX76T76NJOIYY)
"Maybe he'll trip & fall on his way up the isle & hurt his knee & not be able too continue....."

Hahaha!:grin:

MJZiggy
04-26-2011, 08:50 PM
My favorite part of the article..."a number which brings to mind Cutler's quarterback rating in the NFC championship game."

This comment wasn't bad either: "We all know what will happen when his wedding day arrives. He will fake an injury (Cutler yells walking down the isle, "I broke my vagina!" ) then hobbles out of the church just to be seen playing golf the next day.

She has to be after his money because no one could love a d-bag like him. The bears need to dump him now and take the financial loss. His teammates and the fans will never accept him after he bailed on us last season."

This one ain't bad either: Reports are Cutler tore his ACL getting down on one knee and had to sit out the second half of the proposal.

mmmdk
04-27-2011, 07:29 AM
I thought da Bears were moving to London? :lol:

RashanGary
04-27-2011, 08:07 AM
She's really pretty, but by the looks she's a shallow attention seeker. They should make a fairly awful couple, but they're rich so I'm sure that will sooth some of that over.

RashanGary
04-27-2011, 08:22 AM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704132204576285090526726626.html

If this is true, I'd rather watch scabs.

More likely though, they're probably trying to pressure the league to sign the temp deal, quickly and get on with the league as it is. They know if they put a knife to the golden goose's throat, it will get the owners attention.

Once decertification was backed by the court, the owners cannot lock the players out (collusion) and the players are no longer subject to any rules, including salary cap's, restrictions or any other number of league rules designed to promote competitiveness (more collusion). The CBA is a signed agreement that agrees for teh good of the league, these types of colluding are OK. With decertification legal, all the good rule of the CBA are GONE and if the NFL tries to uphold them, they will be prosecuted in court. I think now everyone understands why the union had no intent of negotiating on teh owners terms. They didn't have to, plain and simple and the laws are on their side.

The players are holding the fact that the owners want to "grow the league" (the golden goose) at knife point. Now, whether or not they push it too far remains to be seen. When owners start selling off their franchises, rather than hoarding them, I'll believe it went too far, but Demaurice is definitely bending the owners over a barrel here. If nothing else, he has their full attention. I don't think anyone is laughing anymore.

I still think temp deal will be signed within the next month or two or even less. . . . and then once the books are opened, a deal will be done within a few months of that. This will happen some time during the season or next offseason. The plaeyrs want the help of the court. The owners don't want to go there. The golden goose has a knife to it's throat. I think they'll go in.

I think the players threats are just that. They want a good, fair deal, similar to the last one but with a few changes. They've said that all along and that's why Goodell whines in his WSJ article, and I paraphrase, "they said they didn't want to change the competitive makeup of our league, but that's what they're doing now." He knows damn well they're not doing that. They're bouncing the ball back in Godell's court and saying, "if you don't want to make a deal, we'll just stay decertified and ruin your league." They're not actually ruining the league, they're giving the owners the option, with a twist, they have a knife to the gooses throat.

Before we all go jumping off cliff's, hating the players, just don't buy Goodell's spin that the players are killing the golden goose. They have a knife to it's throat and they're ready to kill it if the owners don't meet their demands. But don't worry, they're not going to kill a person or an animal. This golden goose these owners will do anything to protect is money. Nobody is threatening to empty their soul. Well, that's debatable because money probably is a few of their souls, but don't take the knife analogy too seriously in the humane sense. It's money.

Patler
04-27-2011, 08:43 AM
The players are holding the fact that the owners want to grow the league at knife point. Now, whether or not they push it too far remains to be seen. When owners start selling off their franchises, rather than hoarding them, I'll believe it went too far, but the players are definitely bending the owners over a barrel here.

The problem is, you will not see that until it is too late. The goose already will be dead. The changes will have occurred long before deals can be made to sell franchises.

Cheesehead Craig
04-27-2011, 09:20 AM
When Cutler went down on one knee to propose, she originally thought he was faking another knee injury.

Iron Mike
04-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Somebody needs to ask Jay if he's looking forward to playing the Packers again.....

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/attachments/f157/110961d1233978099-does-exige-mod-look-good-bad-pic-how-about-no.jpg