PDA

View Full Version : New temporary league rules

MadScientist
04-28-2011, 01:21 PM
The league has sent out some new rules regarding the lifted lockout.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/120875444.html

Since it allows for players and coaches to talk, the staff can make sure the players they are worried about are working out. It may also allow for the rookie mini camp, but that might have to be held off until the undrafted players can be signed. Otherwise the camp might be limited to <10 players.

get louder at lambeau
04-28-2011, 01:41 PM
I wonder what the players and the judge will think about this. I'd bet they won't be happy.

Lurker64
04-28-2011, 02:00 PM
I wonder what the players and the judge will think about this. I'd bet they won't be happy.

I'm pretty sure that "At the request of our teams, we elected not to begin free agency concurrently with the scheduled draft" is a plausible argument, provided they plan to start FA next week some time.

MadScientist
04-28-2011, 02:02 PM
The players won't be thrilled, but won't cause too much trouble unless the 8th circuit does not issue a stay on the lockout ruling and none of the teams hold or allow for any off-season workout programs, and the league continues to delay the start of league year.

I don't think the judge will be concerned as to how the league opens its doors, at least for now.