PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL DRAFT DAY THREAD FOR THE SUPERBOWL CHAMPION GB PACKERS

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 02:53 PM
BIG DAY IS HERE..........WHAT WILL Ted rompin stompin Thompson do ??

Your guess is as good as mine. Does he shock the world again and trades up again to get a future star who is falling (Bowers), does he let a star player fall into his lap like Mark Ingram and the NFL gets to scream how the rich get richer, or does he take advantage of some piss poor team in desperate need of getting a competent QB in the NFL.

That Great Draft Day is here, and Teddy should be on the clock in about nine hours. All Hail TT, who brought us a title.

Now go find us some other stars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 02:55 PM
IF anybody has the ability to do so, please call or text Rastak and give him an official invitation to once again lead this thread and copy and paste analysis of each pick.

If anybody has the ability to do so, please call or text PBMax and tell him to get the heck back in here.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 02:56 PM
Let's get ready to rock Packer Fans. It's a great day to be pick #32. Let's hope we are hear a few more times in this decade.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 02:59 PM
Just a couple random comments because odds are TT might do some dealings this weekend. Who might he deal with ?

We have two GM's out there who TT has worked closely with off the top of my head.....Reinfeldt from Tennessee and Schneider from Seattle.......for whatever reason TT has often reached out, traded with, and up to this point owned the Hoody in the last two deals.

Would not surprise me to see trader Ted wheeling with that crew again

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 03:05 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/120836884.html

SOLID ARTICLE TO GET U PUMPED UP

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 03:07 PM
The Packers also are extremely interested in the athletically gifted Da'Quan Bowers, the Clemson defensive end who has been eliminated by many teams because of micro-fracture surgery on his knee Jan. 4.

Bowers, a top-10 talent, could slide into the 20s, and if he does, there's nothing to stop Thompson from making a charge to procure him. Bowers would contribute immediately as a rusher in all sub-packages as he learns to play right outside linebacker opposite Clay Matthews.

In time, the 285-pound Bowers might grow into a starter at end in the base defense.

Other late first-round candidates at outside linebacker, in no particular order, would be Akeem Ayers, Brooks Reed and Justin Houston. Some teams think end Adrian Clayborn also might project to linebacker.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 03:08 PM
Remaining at 32 wouldn't appear to hold much promise for Thompson unless the pre-eminent running back, Alabama's Mark Ingram, was to fall all that way. Some personnel men think that very well could happen because almost no teams other than Miami (15) and New England (17, 28) appear in need of a runner.

"That's a possibility," said Eric DeCosta, director of player personnel for the Baltimore Ravens. "It would just be a great pick for them. I think he's a great player."

Acquaintances of Thompson say he has really liked Ingram and his hard-nosed style of running since the fall. Some teams are more concerned with the degenerative changes in Ingram's left knee, but like most teams, Green Bay hasn't red-flagged him.

"Didn't Thurman Thomas have a bad knee?" said one scout, correctly remembering when Thomas slipped to Buffalo in the second round in 1988. "He's in the Hall of Fame.

"Could they be that lucky? It would be an unbelievable pick if they got Ingram."

RashanGary
04-28-2011, 03:10 PM
WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 03:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWlE1V_lnAQ&feature=related

red
04-28-2011, 03:17 PM
Just a couple random comments because odds are TT might do some dealings this weekend. Who might he deal with ?

We have two GM's out there who TT has worked closely with off the top of my head.....Reinfeldt from Tennessee and Schneider from Seattle.......for whatever reason TT has often reached out, traded with, and up to this point owned the Hoody in the last two deals.

Would not surprise me to see trader Ted wheeling with that crew again

the raiders are said to be in love with kaepernick, if there is a run early on QB's like seems to be the hot subject right now then the raiders could be looking to jump up from #48 to get back ahead of many other teams that need qb's. and as we all know, the raiders love to overpay. we might be able to get that #48 and later round pick and their first next year

red
04-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Remaining at 32 wouldn't appear to hold much promise for Thompson unless the pre-eminent running back, Alabama's Mark Ingram, was to fall all that way. Some personnel men think that very well could happen because almost no teams other than Miami (15) and New England (17, 28) appear in need of a runner.

"That's a possibility," said Eric DeCosta, director of player personnel for the Baltimore Ravens. "It would just be a great pick for them. I think he's a great player."

Acquaintances of Thompson say he has really liked Ingram and his hard-nosed style of running since the fall. Some teams are more concerned with the degenerative changes in Ingram's left knee, but like most teams, Green Bay hasn't red-flagged him.

"Didn't Thurman Thomas have a bad knee?" said one scout, correctly remembering when Thomas slipped to Buffalo in the second round in 1988. "He's in the Hall of Fame.

"Could they be that lucky? It would be an unbelievable pick if they got Ingram."

if you draft ingram what do you do with grant and starks? keeping all three is a waste IMO, do you trade them, do either have any real value?

mraynrand
04-28-2011, 03:20 PM
I'm betting TT trades up. Don't know who he wants, but with the depth of the roster, he has the freedom to reach up about 10 spots if he chooses.

red
04-28-2011, 03:21 PM
and remember kids no matter how dumb TT's pick might seem at the time, it does work

and it could always be worse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

Guiness
04-28-2011, 03:33 PM
and remember kids no matter how dumb TT's pick might seem at the time, it does work

and it could always be worse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

lol @ Ken O'brien - "they said they were going to take Marino, obviously they know something we don't"

denverYooper
04-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Let's get a good one!

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2011, 04:01 PM
I did a little research last night, and I'm intrigued by these guys near where we'll pick:

RB Mark Ingram (if he falls)
OT Derek Sherrod (fits what we look for)
DE Cameron Heyward (I like him more than Wilkerson)
OLB Akeem Ayers (I like him more than Reed)
CB Aaron Williams (fits what we look for)

If Thompson drafts the two guys with character issues, Jon Baldwin and Justin Houston, I'd be okay with that. Lots of talent there. Wouldn't it be sweet if Gabe Carimi or Nate Solder (ala Bulaga last year) fell into our laps?

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Actually, scratch Houston. Two failed drugs test with one at the combine? After thinking about it, I wouldn't go there. Baldwin is a different story. I think Driver, Jennings, and Nelson could help keep the kid's ego in check.

Freak Out
04-28-2011, 04:55 PM
No doubt about Houston......how in the hell do you fail a drug test when you know it's coming. Just tattoo idiot on your head and get it over with.
I like the OT and Ingram but would be happy with any of your five Harv.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2011, 05:05 PM
McGinn seems to make a case for Reed over Ayers (more physical) and Wilkerson over Heyward (better pass rushing ability).

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 05:20 PM
if you draft ingram what do you do with grant and starks? keeping all three is a waste IMO, do you trade them, do either have any real value?

If you draft Ingram you believe he's our future franchise back. You keep Grant for either one more yr and let him free or trade him

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 05:22 PM
I did a little research last night, and I'm intrigued by these guys near where we'll pick:

RB Mark Ingram (if he falls)
OT Derek Sherrod (fits what we look for)
DE Cameron Heyward (I like him more than Wilkerson)
OLB Akeem Ayers (I like him more than Reed)
CB Aaron Williams (fits what we look for)

If Thompson drafts the two guys with character issues, Jon Baldwin and Justin Houston, I'd be okay with that. Lots of talent there. Wouldn't it be sweet if Gabe Carimi or Nate Solder (ala Bulaga last year) fell into our laps?

Completely agree with all of this........except I like Wilkerson better than Heyward.......although...being the OSU guy....if you love Heyward that is a plus

RashanGary
04-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Go watch the highlight films on Heyward. He's a bit of a slug.

Allen Bailey from the U had a great senior year and he looks bad ass on the highlights, for what that's worth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FCTiwqHmgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQvcXWLQKyk

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Pickett is a bit of slug also, but he fits. And I'd be looking at Heyward as an eventually replacement for Pickett. I've read he has the frame to add weight. Wilkerson would be more of a replacement for Jenkins, right? But we already have two, young candidates to replace him in Neal and Wilson.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 05:54 PM
I think Wilkerson is more of a replacement for Jenkins who could play inside at spells as well. But more of a DE. Probably a better pass rusher than Neal and definitely a better prospect than Wilson. I was impressed with the Jets pickup for a freebe pickup. I kind of think our need at DE is a little greater than the inside.

I've read Heyward is a good person and leader though; that is a plus

RashanGary
04-28-2011, 05:57 PM
I think we'd have 3 Jenkins and zero Pickett's if we had the choice, well 3 Jenkins and 1 Pickett as the backup NT/DE.

I don't think our current personnel are exactly what Dom is lookin for. It's just what he had to work with. I think more traditional 300 pounders would be ideal, but shitty 300 pounders are worse than good 330 pounders, so Dom isn't complaining.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 06:36 PM
Ryan Kerrigan; I can see him being a guy TT would consider moving up for........but being GB, I have faith somebody will fall in our laps or we'll rake somebody trading down

Fred's Slacks
04-28-2011, 07:01 PM
Let's get this thing started. I'm hoping for Wilkerson or Ingram, but would be happy with Heyward, Watkins, Sherrod, Reed, Ijalana or a bunch of other guys. In TT I trust.

Tony Oday
04-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Bahahhaha Carolina is destroying their next 5 years in football...

First Class Plane Ticket $1,300
First Pick Contract $50 Million guaranteed cash
Destroying a team for 5 years Priceless

Some Things money cant buy (Redskins) for every other way to destroy a Team there is Cam Newton

red
04-28-2011, 07:08 PM
well, the next great draft bust has been selected

DonHutson
04-28-2011, 07:12 PM
Grant is 29, he's coming off a major injury, and he's got 1 year left. Starks has played a handful of games in the past 2 years. Starks is cheap, Ingram would be moderately priced. They could afford them all. Grant and Starks (and Ingram for that matter) seem like team first guys. I don't think there would be any whining.

DonHutson
04-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Miller to the Broncos. There goes my $10M from Bud Light. :(

Freak Out
04-28-2011, 07:16 PM
Why are the guys in the Broncos war room throwing high fives and jumping around? Does Von Miller bring that out in grown men?

swede
04-28-2011, 07:16 PM
Miller is weeping like a baby...maybe he hates the Broncos.

Brandon494
04-28-2011, 07:24 PM
Ingram will be gone by the time we select. I'm hoping if we do take a RB early its Ryan Williams out of VT.

swede
04-28-2011, 07:26 PM
AJ Green looks unhappy...why?

Oh...the Bungles are on the phone.

Tony Oday
04-28-2011, 07:27 PM
Von Miller as a DE? BUST!

TennesseePackerBacker
04-28-2011, 07:29 PM
I didn't read all of the first page so this may have been stated before, but I'm intrigued by the possibility of four to five QB's being selected in the first round. This would push even more quality back to our pick.

Tony Oday
04-28-2011, 07:31 PM
I didn't read all of the first page so this may have been stated before, but I'm intrigued by the possibility of four to five QB's being selected in the first round. This would push even more quality back to our pick.

Great take!

TennesseePackerBacker
04-28-2011, 07:34 PM
Great take!

Rick Gosselin and Mike Mayock gave me the angle. I wouldn't have predicted up to five QB's going in the first round. I tip my hat to skill. They are both 5/5 so far, and after Cleveland takes Julio it'll be 6/6.

edit: wow. I can't believe Atlanta moved up. Atleast the slotting was right.

Damn they are going to be dangerous.

RashanGary
Ingram will be gone by the time we select. I'm hoping if we do take a RB early its Ryan Williams out of VT.

Agree on both counts.

Fred's Slacks
Von Miller as a DE? BUST!

Did they say that? I thought he'd still be an OLB in the 4-3.

swede
04-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Atlanta better know what they're doing.

pittstang5
04-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Wow. That's alot to give up for Julio Jones.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Let's get this thing started. I'm hoping for Wilkerson or Ingram, but would be happy with Heyward, Watkins, Sherrod, Reed, Ijalana or a bunch of other guys. In TT I trust.

boy u will be happy to plz..............lol

I'd be excited on Ingram, Wilkerson, Ayers....ok with Reed, Sherrod....I'd want to trade down and get another pick to be happy ending up with Heyward or Ijalana

TennesseePackerBacker
04-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Agree on both counts.

Why Williams over Leshoure? IMO Leshoure is better suited for a zone-blocking scheme than Williams.

Being from NE Tennessee I get a lot of VTech games (As I'm sure Brandon does), I wasn't ever overly impressed with him. Considering Vtech is a power-running team. Just like Wisconsin running backs and Texas Tech quarterbacks, they seem to be a product of their system.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 07:39 PM

I think Ryan Williams would be a nice fit in GB

swede
04-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Holmy gets... this year's 27th pick...

Atlanta's 2nd and 4th this year...

Atlanta's first and 4th next year...

Wow!

swede
04-28-2011, 07:40 PM
I can't believe the announcers aren't even a little bit critical of the price Atlanta paid.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 07:42 PM
HOLMY learned well from Ron Wolf; dam he got A LOT

Atlanta......sux that they got Julio..........that helps them a lot short term.

Many thought they were taking Rudolph.........dang..........I was hoping he'd take up a slot before we draft but I think he's going to round 2

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 07:43 PM
WOW; Gabbert IMO is gone at Tennessee............I'd hate to see him to to MN

Freak Out
Holmy gets... this year's 27th pick...

Atlanta's 2nd and 4th this year...

Atlanta's first and 4th next year...

Wow!

Not a bad job from the Walrus....he knows they need players.

Freak Out
WTF?

TennesseePackerBacker
04-28-2011, 07:44 PM
There's your first curveball. Well, behind the Atlanta trade. But that had been rumoured.

pittstang5
04-28-2011, 07:44 PM
WOW; Gabbert IMO is gone at Tennessee............I'd hate to see him to to MN

Nah, if Tenn doesn't take him, Skins will.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 07:45 PM
it's be cool if only two or three QB's were selected before us and then TT uses up all the time holding these GM's by the nuts that are looking to move up

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 07:45 PM
HOLY SHIT AHOY

pittstang5
04-28-2011, 07:46 PM
Jake Locker.......wow. Didn't see that coming.

Freak Out
Smith is a heck of a player but I thought they would go with the QB..... defense wins championships though.

pittstang5
it's be cool if only two or three QB's were selected before us and then TT uses up all the time holding these GM's by the nuts that are looking to move up

Bretsky...ya jinxed us.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 07:47 PM
I like bouncing between ESPN and the NFL Network

Chucky is dam entertaining.........Ziggy hates him.......where is Ziggy ?? I think she hates him cuz she wants him.............lol

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 07:47 PM
Bretsky...ya jinxed us.

DAMMIT..........

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 07:50 PM
ON A HUMOROUS NOTE

Wifey took my two daughters to Annie at the Fireside Restaurant and Playhouse tonight.
We explained to Brady James...3yr old....that is was a girly show with a bunch of girls dancing

QUOTE from Brady........... """I JUST WANT TO GO AND SEE THE GIRLS DANCE FOR A WHILE AND THEN COME RIGHT BACK HOME"""

My wife immediately noted that's all dad would like to do tooooo

red
04-28-2011, 07:53 PM
sucks, the queens are gonna get the best qb in the draft

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 07:54 PM
PLZ NOT JJ WATT

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 07:55 PM
that was predictable.........ok..........any chance Gabbert lands in WASHINGTON ?

red
04-28-2011, 07:55 PM
come on skins, you need a qb

red
04-28-2011, 07:56 PM
that was predictable.........ok..........any chance Gabbert lands in WASHINGTON ?

yeas, or someone could try and trade up ahead of the queens and take him

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 07:56 PM
OK let's throw out some predictions

Does TT trade up, trade down, or stay put tonight ???????????????/

and throw out some other predications

pittstang5
04-28-2011, 07:57 PM

That's where I think he's going.

Bretsky
I predict Hoody does NOT move up tonight

pbmax
Don't let the Vikings get Gabbert dammit.

Stupid 49ers!

Hello everyone, still very busy at work, but ducking out for the draft. :D

Lurker64
04-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Please Washington, take Gabbert

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Fairley or Gabbert

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 07:59 PM
Please Washington, take Gabbert

Yes, take him now !!!

About time you showed up......... :)

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Don't let the Vikings get Gabbert dammit.

Stupid 49ers!

Hello everyone, still very busy at work, but ducking out for the draft. :D

I CHANGED MY SIGNATURE YESTERDAY FOR YOU YESTERDAY..............AND YOU FINALLY SHOWED UP !!!!

pbmax
04-28-2011, 08:01 PM
I CHANGED MY SIGNATURE YESTERDAY FOR YOU YESTERDAY..............AND YOU FINALLY SHOWED UP !!!!

How could I disappoint the signature call out maneuver!?

red
04-28-2011, 08:01 PM
yes, trade to the jags for gabbert

thank god

why the hell would the skins not go for a QB?

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:02 PM
ARE YOU KIDDING ???????????

pbmax
04-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Now for my next question: who the heck is Aldon Smith?

Can you tell I have been squirreled away with a VMWare server for too long?

Bossman641
04-28-2011, 08:03 PM
Prediction. Espn goes to commercial when packers are up.

pittstang5

thank god

Number 1...it's the skins and B - the skins need picks

pbmax

thank god

Because they have the Sex Cannon already.

Whoa. Firefox 4 doesn't put the cursor at the end. That will take some getting used to.

Bretsky
The Jags....poor Del Rio........he's getting fired soon

pbmax
Prediction. Espn goes to commercial when packers are up.

That's my draft guarantee every year.

TennesseePackerBacker

thank god

Some of these teams like Mallet, Ponder, and Kaepernick and figure they can get them later and aquire more picks in the process.

Lurker64
04-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Yes, take him now !!!

About time you showed up......... :)

Sorry, I'm MCing a draft event at my house. I have to run around and tick names off of my draft board. Limited computer time early on.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Now for my next question: who the heck is Aldon Smith?

Can you tell I have been squirreled away with a VMWare server for too long?

young talented pass rushing DE........I was hoping da Rams would get him

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Sorry, I'm MCing a draft event at my house. I have to run around and tick names off of my draft board. Limited computer time early on.

Where are you located............and why was I not invited ???

Have any Bear or Vikings fans there ??

Lurker64
04-28-2011, 08:06 PM
young talented pass rushing DE........I was hoping da Rams would get him

He's an RS Sophomore. You never get anything from those guys early. Sometimes you get Jermichael Finley, and sometimes you get Aaron Maybin. Smith's ceiling is DeMarcus Ware, his floor is Maybin.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:06 PM
WHAT DOES TT DO TONIGHT ?

Trade Up
Trade Down
Pick ???

pbmax
04-28-2011, 08:07 PM

You need to get yourself a minion.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:07 PM
QUESTION #2 ?

Will one of the two draft geniuses .............Hoody or Teddy ............draft Mark Ingram ??

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:08 PM
OK....HAPPY ABOUT THIS

THE TEXANS ARE COOL

JJ COOL MAN WATT GOING TO PLAY WITH OWEN DANIELS

I'm now more of a TEXAN FAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:09 PM
a bit surprised JJ Watt was chosen before Cameron Jordan...........

pbmax
04-28-2011, 08:09 PM
WHAT DOES TT DO TONIGHT ?

Trade Up
Trade Down
Pick ???

He stays put. As soon as you think you got it figured, he does something even more predictable. With so many QBs likely to go, there will be something there he likes.

red
04-28-2011, 08:10 PM
will minny take fairley? they could use some d-line help, and he was the possible #1 pick up until like a week agao

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:10 PM
CHUCKY is incredibly entertaining and surprisingly prepared tonight.

red
04-28-2011, 08:11 PM
He stays put. As soon as you think you got it figured, he does something even more predictable. With so many QBs likely to go, there will be something there he likes.

thats why this is the year that i think he finally figures out how to trade sideways

Bretsky

pounding the drums........for TT............to take the best RB in the 2011 draft

imscott72
Thank God the Queens didn't get JJ Watt..

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:12 PM
I'd pop wood for a week if Bowers drops into the 20's and TT trades up to get him

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:12 PM
Thank God the Queens didn't get JJ Watt..

oooooooo. didn't even think of that
that would have been a nightmare

red
04-28-2011, 08:13 PM
pounding the drums........for TT............to take the best RB in the 2011 draft

that's your opinion, lots of people have him no higher then the 3rd best RB in the draft

Bretsky
Fairley......Prince.....would make sense

red
I'd pop wood for a week if Bowers drops into the 20's and TT trades up to get him

why? so he can be another justine harrell?

pbmax
04-28-2011, 08:14 PM
Joe Posnanski is live blogging the draft. Posnanski is usually a very good read but best on baseball. Its probably worth checking out though ...

pbmax
04-28-2011, 08:14 PM
will minny take fairley? they could use some d-line help, and he was the possible #1 pick up until like a week agao

Fat Pat is supposed to retire and the court ruling means Kevin sits for 4 games. Could be the pick...

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:15 PM
that's your opinion, lots of people have him no higher then the 3rd best RB in the draft

it's ok that they are wrong :)
seriously, online I really haven't seen any draft analysis with Ingram at 3

Here are there somebody will refer to him as possibly being a bit lower than Mikel....who has a cool name

Lurker64
04-28-2011, 08:15 PM
Between Mario Williams and JJ Watt, the Texans have a hell of a pair of 5-techs. That's ten techniques. That's a lot of technique.

RashanGary
04-28-2011, 08:16 PM
JJ Watt and Mario Williams. That is an amazing start to a 3-4 defense. They can get a run-plugger only NT and then one pass rushing OLB, and they'll have an equal core to us IMO. You'll get pass rush out of Williams and Watt the same way we did Raji and Jenkins. One star pass rush LB and they're fearsome.

Bretsky
why? so he can be another justine harrell?

but Bowers is an incredible talent.....I was never sold on Justine

pbmax
Cardinals supposedly have an agreement (wink and nod) with Bulger and therefore they did not feel pressure to pick Gabbert.

red
04-28-2011, 08:17 PM
it's ok that they are wrong :)
seriously, online I really haven't seen any draft analysis with Ingram at 3

Here are there somebody will refer to him as possibly being a bit lower than Mikel....who has a cool name

draft ace, always one of the better at predicted the draft

http://draftace.com/blog/player-rankings/2011-running-backs/

TennesseePackerBacker
Wow! Ponder...

RashanGary
WOW!!! QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pbmax
Between Mario Williams and JJ Watt, the Texans have a hell of a pair of 5-techs. That's ten techniques. That's a lot of technique.

Oh yes, Phillips got hired there. Back when there was still actual NFL news rather than court reporting.

Lurker64
04-28-2011, 08:18 PM
Holycrapvikingsreach

Bretsky
JJ Watt and Mario Williams. That is an amazing start to a 3-4 defense. They can get a run-plugger only NT and then one pass rushing OLB, and they'll have an equal core to us IMO. You'll get pass rush out of Williams and Watt the same way we did Raji and Jenkins. One star pass rush LB and they're fearsome.

well they need them; their secondary is TERRIBLE

they will get a shot to get a great pass rushing OLB in round two...somebody like Reed or Moch will fall to them there most likely

RashanGary
This is great for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If 5 QB's go, that's 5 guys that will fall. Boy, it's nice to have a QB. For me, after 16 years with #4 and now another 10 or more with #12, picking a QB just feels like a big waste.

red
04-28-2011, 08:19 PM
queens get desperate and reach bigtime for a second round QB

nice

pittstang5
Ponder at #12...ha ha ha stupid queens.

Bretsky
draft ace, always one of the better at predicted the draft

http://draftace.com/blog/player-rankings/2011-running-backs/

draft ace...who the heck is draft ace ?

For all I know this could be you :)

Lurker64
This is great for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If 5 QB's go, that's 5 guys that will fall. Boy, it's nice to have a QB. For me, after 16 years with #4 and now another 10 or more with #12, picking a QB just feels like a big waste.

Yup! Just keep taking QBs everybody!

My favorite QB is still on the board! Somebody draft him!

pbmax
The draft traffic has broken PFT. They are 3 picks behind.

Bretsky
Cardinals supposedly have an agreement (wink and nod) with Bulger and therefore they did not feel pressure to pick Gabbert.

I heard that on the NFL network today as well

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:20 PM

the f'cker who BEAT THE BADGERS ????

pbmax
draft ace...who the heck is draft ace ?

For all I know this could be you :)

Remember Stroker Ace? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086379/

This is his nephew.

gbgary
ponder...arm doesn't look too strong. glad they picked him instead of some qb killer.

red
04-28-2011, 08:21 PM
damn, do the lions finally get some o-line help for stafford, or do they get prince?

Bretsky
Just 45 minutes ago I posted how great it would be if only two or three QB's were picked and somebody offered TT a ransome....lol

TennesseePackerBacker

Dalton to the 'Skins? Fairley to the Lions? Wow, Fairley and Suh

RashanGary
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! NICK FAIRLY

red
04-28-2011, 08:22 PM
yikes!!!!

Bretsky
damn, do the lions finally get some o-line help for stafford, or do they get prince?

wrong
wrong

Bretsky
yikes!!!!

dominant DL...ouch

RashanGary
Lions are going to be truly scary.

steve823
04-28-2011, 08:23 PM
CRAP. Lions line is amazing now. Suh , Fairley, and Vandebosch!

steve823
04-28-2011, 08:23 PM
Well it can be looked at as a good thing because their CB's are still TERRIBLE and they skipped on prince.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:24 PM
on the brighter side the LIONS SECONDARY STILL SUX

TennesseePackerBacker
Packers are going guard now.

Lurker64
I'm not really afraid of Fairley, he's a JC player with one year of production and questionable work ethic. That's got "bust" written all of it.

pbmax
04-28-2011, 08:25 PM
The Vikings usually could rely on Rob Brzezinski, George Paton (not making that up) and Studwell to draft well.

Not sure about Ponder though.

RashanGary
I like the Vikings pick, honestly. He's football savvy like Flynn, similar arm, with a lot better feet. He's going to have a way of scoring points I think.

Fairly is one of my favorite players in the whole draft. He's going to get in with Suh and those guys are going to strive for excellence. I really hope AR can stay healthy through 2 Lions games each year.

Bretsky
come on rams............take the stud OT

RashanGary
04-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Vandenbosh will have one more good year in him too. KVB, Fairley and Suh next year. . . . . Just nasty. They could be a playoff team. They were already better than their record last year. Stafford back, best healthy.

Lurker64
the f'cker who BEAT THE BADGERS ????

I wasn't aware that Nevada played Wisconsin.

Cheesehead Craig
Still laughing about Ponder. But Fairley to the Lions is brilliant.

Bretsky
I too think Ponder will be a solid pro

I want Andy Dalton to fail because he won the Rose Bowl

COME ON RAMS

TennesseePackerBacker
I like the Vikings pick, honestly. He's football savvy like Flynn, similar arm, with a lot better feet. He's going to be a threat.

Fairly is one of my favorite players in the whole draft. He's going to get in with Suh and those guys are going to strive for excellence. I really hope AR can stay healthy through 2 Lions games each year.

If I'm not mistaken, Ponder was often injuried during his career.

Tony Oday
Lions get stronger up front...eep.

pbmax
04-28-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm not really afraid of Fairley, he's a JC player with one year of production and questionable work ethic. That's got "bust" written all of it.

I am with the MC on this one. But draft the Baylor Guard just in case.

red
dominant DL...ouch

yeah but we can still shred their secondary, and eat alive their o-line

gbgary
makes getting a o lineman even more important.

RashanGary
04-28-2011, 08:28 PM
It sucks picking 32. You just sit here and watch everyone get better.

TennesseePackerBacker
04-28-2011, 08:29 PM

Or, you could rejoice that we are the defending champions.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:30 PM
yes, but we get Barnett, Finley, and a bunch of others back

NICE PICK RAMS !!!! They are winnning that division next year !!

pbmax
04-28-2011, 08:30 PM

Just remember more than half will not pan out. That plus trade ups, the 49ers, Carolina, the Bengals and the Titans means most are getting worse as we go.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:31 PM
OK, let's get Andy Dalton and Colin Kaepernick drafted !!!!!

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:31 PM
Jordan would be a good pick here; Prince is great value here

Jags gave up a 2nd to trade up...about right.........but I don't get the Jags

pbmax
04-28-2011, 08:32 PM
Here is the bet for a beer: Who have the Patriots convinced they are going to take their guy and get someone to trade ahead of them or with them for the pick?

They already had every writer plus Bedard convinced they were trading up.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:33 PM
Ryan Mallett still out there also

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:33 PM
Here is the bet for a beer: Who have the Patriots convinced they are going to take their guy and get someone to trade ahead of them or with them for the pick?

They already had every writer plus Bedard convinced they were trading up.

that would not surprise me...........although............I think Hoody picks Ingram with their last pick........

Lurker64
04-28-2011, 08:34 PM
Looks like Pouncey to the fish.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:35 PM
DAM...can't figure out if I like ESPN or NFL Network better !!!

pbmax
PFT has caught up and have a rumor that the Vikes were trying to trade down to get Ponder later. Ponder was on Dan Patrick's radio show and was a good interview. Very funny.

Patrick said having a QB "ponder" in the pocket wasn't a good sign. He answered that Mother's maiden name was "SuperBowl-Winner".

Lurker64

NFLN. Eisen >> Berman and Mayock > Kiper.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:36 PM
chick with #19 on it was HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT

pbmax

Mayock!

pbmax
chick with #19 on it was HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT

Manning jersey or someone else?

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:37 PM
NFLN. Eisen >> Berman and Mayock > Kiper.

I know.........but chucky is so dam entertaining

red
04-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Looks like Pouncey to the fish.

he can thank his brother for being awesome, otherwise no way a center would go in the top half of the first

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:38 PM
Manning jersey or someone else?

Dolphin Jersey

pbmax
Who is playing 1 technique for Lions? Suh? Is that where he was last year or was he 3 tech?

Cause Fairley is light in the pants if the Combine scale is accurate.

Bretsky
Redskins take Prince or Jordan ?? They should just keep trading down and draft a QB

pbmax
04-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Dolphin Jersey

A Scott Mitchell jersey?

SkinBasket
I like how things are shaping up. Vikes reach. Lions take a one year wonder who tries way to hard to look "cool." Losers.

pbmax
he can thank his brother for being awesome, otherwise no way a center would go in the top half of the first

Isn't this one playing Guard?

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:41 PM
CAMERON JORDAN IS GOING TO HOODY GENIUS
take it to the bank

pbmax
04-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Redskins take Prince or Jordan ?? They should just keep trading down and draft a QB

A Scott Mitchell jersey?

Or it could be Brandon Marshall and a salute to puncture wounds.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:43 PM
unless they take a Prince..........lol

Freak Out
04-28-2011, 08:44 PM
I said Julio goes at #6....and he goes at #6. Me a draft genius......

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:45 PM
Hoody can get a great player here or trade down

pbmax
04-28-2011, 08:45 PM
I said Julio goes at #6....and he goes at #6. Me a draft genius......

But did you guess that the Falcons would pay nearly Ditka-Ricky ransom for the pick? :D

pbmax
04-28-2011, 08:46 PM
Redskins = Zoinks!

Pats get their pick of defensive prospects.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:46 PM
Hoody has five different personnell people calling different teams bluffing that they are drafting their player they want trying to a trade going.......lol

Freak Out
04-28-2011, 08:48 PM
But did you guess that the Falcons would pay nearly Ditka-Ricky ransom for the pick? :D

Didn't see that coming. :) Julio is going to be damn good but the ATL needs D.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:48 PM
I will undoubtedly attend a NFL Draft before I kick the buckett

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:49 PM
everybody hates a chamption

Freak Out
04-28-2011, 08:50 PM
I take it those were Jets fans (radio)?

Bretsky
DAM...that was one of the guys I thought had a slight chance to fall to GB who could play LT

Maybe Sherrod but doubtful. Constanzo will be gone.

PLEASE..................DON"T LET CARIMI GO TO DA BEARS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pbmax
Didn't see that coming. :) Julio is going to be damn good but the ATL needs D.

Agreed. Secondary esp. But a second WR will make that offense even scarier.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:51 PM
CAMERON JORDAN IS GOING TO HOODY GENIUS
take it to the bank

did I mention that at the end of the night whoever makes the most incorrect predictions wins a prize ?????????????

swede
04-28-2011, 08:51 PM
I take it those were Jets fans (radio)?

They don't like Hoody.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:52 PM
dumb shit Bedard was completely off on his Patriot predictions

pbmax
04-28-2011, 08:52 PM
Pats just passed judgement on the Pro Bowl pick of Brandon Merriweather.

Tony Oday
04-28-2011, 08:53 PM
Trade up for Prince?!

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 08:53 PM
SOLDER and VOLLMER............hoody is set for OT's for a while now

swede
04-28-2011, 08:54 PM
Trade up for Prince?!

Fielder?

red
04-28-2011, 08:54 PM
Trade up for Prince?!

would be awesome

vince
04-28-2011, 08:55 PM
DAM...that was one of the guys I thought had a slight chance to fall to GB who could play LT

Maybe Sherrod but doubtful. Constanzo will be gone.

PLEASE..................DON"T LET CARIMI GO TO DA BEARS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If Carimi falls to 25 I hope you'd see Teddy trade-up to get him.

Lurker64
04-28-2011, 08:55 PM
I do not like Liuget as a 5-tech. He's 6021 and has 33" arms. Just not long enough to be worth taking over Wilkerson, Jordan, etc.

pbmax
04-28-2011, 08:56 PM
Beautiful! :D

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k75/paisans_2006/2011Pack32ndpick.png

Guiness
04-28-2011, 08:57 PM
Evening folks

What's going on? Reading through the thread, any big news?

vince
04-28-2011, 08:58 PM
Atlanta gave away the farm to get Julio Jones and everyone who needs a QB is reaching.

red

in the last few days a lot of people have him going 2nd or 3rd round. not sure why he slipped in some peoples minds

Lurker64
Atlanta gave away the farm to get Julio Jones and everyone who needs a QB is reaching.

Gabbert at 10 wasn't exactly a reach. Everybody else though.

pbmax
04-28-2011, 09:00 PM

And Locker went ahead of Gabbert.

swede
04-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Evening folks

What's going on? Reading through the thread, any big news?

Atlanta gave up this year's first, 2nd, 4th, and next year's first and 4th for Julio Jones at #6.

Holmy has a buttload of picks in Cleveland.

pbmax
04-28-2011, 09:02 PM
in the last few days a lot of people have him going 2nd or 3rd round. not sure why he slipped in some peoples minds

My fear with him and Bulaga is that you might have 2 RTs and no LT. Or the best pair of guards in the league. Not convinced about either picking up when Cliffy retires to the great outpatient arthroscopic surgery center in Tennessee.

Bretsky

agree
then I'd be indebted forever

it's prettty well documented Mike Tice LOVES Gabe Carimi and even knows him on a personal level as his son plays FB at UWM

Guiness
A lot to give up for JJ, but that was the hole in their offense. If he pans out, he's a great compliment to Roddy White.

Bills have to be ecstatic with Dareus falling to them.

pbmax
Atlanta gave up this year's first, 2nd, 4th, and next year's first and 4th for Julio Jones at #6.

Holmy has a buttload of picks in Cleveland.

And unlike years past with Cleveland, Heckert will know what to do with them. They are headed in the right direction I think.

pbmax
04-28-2011, 09:03 PM
agree
then I'd be indebted forever

it's prettty well documented Mike Tice LOVES Gabe Carimi and even knows him on a personal level as his son plays FB at UWM

Agreed, he is very much a Tice/Bear pick if he gets there.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 09:05 PM
My fear with him and Bulaga is that you might have 2 RTs and no LT. Or the best pair of guards in the league. Not convinced about either picking up when Cliffy retires to the great outpatient arthroscopic surgery center in Tennessee.

we'd have two great football players though and the core of an OL for years to come....I'd be confident one of the two could develop into a LT though

vince
04-28-2011, 09:06 PM
Gabbert at 10 wasn't exactly a reach. Everybody else though.
Yeah. I'd say he's the top QB in this draft. I think Kaepernick could be good some day too.

pbmax
04-28-2011, 09:07 PM
No Ingram family reunion for the Giants. More mock drafts take on water.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 09:08 PM
hey, there is a costume party on the stage.....................J/K

Fred's Slacks
How far will C Jordan fall? That would be a sweet pickup.

Bretsky
No Ingram family reunion for the Giants. More mock drafts take on water.

falling into our laps

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 09:09 PM
Cameron Jordan or Bowers..........who goes first ??

Guiness
Prince at 19.

That seems like a steal. Miami not letting Pouncey get by them at 15.

Wow, just saw Fairley to the Lions. That could be one very stout interior line in our division, just as the Williams Wall fades away.

vince
My fear with him and Bulaga is that you might have 2 RTs and no LT. Or the best pair of guards in the league. Not convinced about either picking up when Cliffy retires to the great outpatient arthroscopic surgery center in Tennessee. I wouldn't care if one of them played left guard and the other right tackle. They're both good football players IMO.

I think Bulaga will be ready to play LT when/if he'll be needed to play there.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 09:10 PM
LOL.....picked A Claybourne in nearly every mock I had..............hey I was right for once.......lol

Lurker64
04-28-2011, 09:10 PM
Clayborn to the Bucs? I'm happy for him, and happy that we don't have to decide whether he can play a 5-tech.

channtheman
04-28-2011, 09:12 PM
Prince at 19.

That seems like a steal. Miami not letting Pouncey get by them at 15.

Wow, just saw Fairley to the Lions. That could be one very stout interior line in our division, just as the Williams Wall fades away.

Yeah, I see Detroit being very good in the near future. Their D line is going to be killer anyway.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 09:13 PM
Guys I'd LOVE to fall to 32 still left

Costanzo
Ayers
Ingram
Bowers
Carimi
Wilkerson

to a lesser extent...Sherrod/Smith

pbmax
04-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Here is a contract situation to Ponder that might have little to do with the CBA (or might have a lot).

I think the contract windfall for picks stops currently at pick 7. If I remember correctly, either Eugene Parker and Crabtree and then the D lineman with the Jags both tried to get it to Pick 8 previously (remember Raji signing late was caused by this phenomenon at pick 8 ahead of him). There is a QB at Number 8 now. If 2011 rules are in place for draft pick contracts for this class, Locker might try to get the QB bonus AND the windfall to pick 8 depending on his agent. And that in turn will help the owners argue for the restructuring of the rookie pay scale.

Bretsky
Old prediction was Phil Taylor for this pick....but there are some stellar BPA's out there

red
alright, i think we're getting into the area where if tt is gonna trade up he could. trading #32 plus our second would get us into the lower 20's and our first and third would get us into the higher 20's, i think

just an FYI. if the fabled TT trade up happens, it'll happen soon

Guiness
04-28-2011, 09:15 PM
Ok, last observation

NO ONE HAS PICKED UP BOWERS YET???

The rumour now is that he's 'bone on bone' in his knee
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/42802989/ns/sports-player_news/

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 09:16 PM
Castonzo has hot chicks all around him; I'm surprised he's still there at 21

Brando19
04-28-2011, 09:17 PM
True, Guiness. I'm afraid Bowers is gonna be our pick...and it'll be a Justin Harrell pick. :(

vince
04-28-2011, 09:17 PM
Guys I'd LOVE to fall to 32 still left

Costanzo
Ayers
Ingram
Carimi
Wilkerson

to a lesser extent...Sherrod/Smith
I don't think Ayers is the type of guy the Packers covet to complement Matthews. I think they want someone who can bullrush a little bit.

red
04-28-2011, 09:18 PM
Castonzo has hot chicks all around him; I'm surprised he's still there at 21

imo he's the top tackle in the draft, could be another situation like bulaga

Bretsky
Old prediction was Phil Taylor for this pick....but there are some stellar BPA's out there

bingo

pbmax
Ok, last observation

NO ONE HAS PICKED UP BOWERS YET???

The rumour now is that he's 'bone on bone' in his knee
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/42802989/ns/sports-player_news/

Yep. That was the rumor making the rounds, but his agent released a huge statement claiming while he did have damage fixed, and a microfracture done, it was nothing as severe as the rumors make it out to be. If the agent is to be believed, the repair was to an area less susceptible to further damage.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 09:19 PM
I don't think Ayers is the type of guy the Packers covet to complement Matthews. I think they want someone who can bullrush a little bit.

Well I wanted to put my man REED in there but figured I'd get bashed on......but Reed can bullrush !!

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 09:20 PM
imo he's the top tackle in the draft, could be another situation like bulaga

Phily....Indy....coming up......he's good as gone IMO

Bretsky

which LB's would you hope for ??

vince
Well I wanted to put my man REED in there but figured I'd get bashed on......but Reed can bullrush !!
Yes he can. He could be the guy. Reed's been projected all over the place.

pbmax
04-28-2011, 09:21 PM
So were the Giants going CB to play against the Eagles? Or the Packers? :D

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 09:21 PM
a white RB

vince
04-28-2011, 09:22 PM
which LB's would you hope for ??
Reed, Acho, or Moch would be nice.

Bretsky
Indy.........probably Costanzo
maybe Carimi

red
Phily....Indy....coming up......he's good as gone IMO

he was just on the phone, his family threw a colts hat on him

Guiness
Here is a contract situation to Ponder that might have little to do with the CBA (or might have a lot).

I think the contract windfall for picks stops currently at pick 7. If I remember correctly, either Eugene Parker and Crabtree and then the D lineman with the Jags both tried to get it to Pick 8 previously (remember Raji signing late was caused by this phenomenon at pick 8 ahead of him). There is a QB at Number 8 now. If 2011 rules are in place for draft pick contracts for this class, Locker might try to get the QB bonus AND the windfall to pick 8 depending on his agent. And that in turn will help the owners argue for the restructuring of the rookie pay scale.

I think the monster money days at the top of the draft are over, even if nothing else comes of this work stoppage. IMO Newton ends up with less money than Bradford got.

Bretsky
04-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Reed, Acho, or Moch would be nice.

if you are ok with all three...........then I'm assuming you'd cheer for TT to trade back and get one if a star does not fall ??

pbmax
04-28-2011, 09:23 PM
a white RB

Who is Travis Jervey?

Jimx29
04-28-2011, 09:24 PM
can't-standz-ya?

vince
04-28-2011, 09:24 PM
if you are ok with all three...........then I'm assuming you'd cheer for TT to trade back and get one if a star does not fall ??
Yes. I think trading up or back is likely to give the Packers the best value.