PDA

View Full Version : Now What? Day Two

Fritz
04-29-2011, 07:07 AM
Well, good people, Thompson got an athletic, big-bodied guy - the kind he appears to lean toward as harder to find than, say, the athletic OLB or receiver or cb.

So what do you think about the second and third rounds? It looks like there are plenty of good players left out there - some recognizable names. Three QB's come to mind: Mallet and Dalton and that kid from, what, out west somewhere? Yeah, that guy.

Then there's Justin Houston and Dontay Moch and Sam Acho and (ugh) Brooks Reed.

Are there any defensive ends left at all?

Some receiver prospects still sit out there waiting. Hankerson, Smith from Maryland, the kid from the WAC (Is it Boise State? Idaho State? I don't remember).

Some good corners, too. Brandon Harris, and that kid from Texas - Aaron Something?

So where does Ted go? If he believes, as he said yesterday, that the talent level between picks ten and forty-five is pretty similar, will he try to trade up from 64 to 40-something to get another pick at that level? Or does he sit tight and hope that Moch is there, or that Justing Houston is still waiting, watching the television, lighting up a blunt as the Packers are on the clock with pick #64?

Tarlam!
04-29-2011, 07:14 AM
TT will trade up!

RashanGary
04-29-2011, 07:25 AM
There is a chance a guy or two from that 45 man tier slips to the 50-55 range. Maybe Ted moves up 10 spots to raid the back end of his B+ tier?

I don't know if he'll move up much more than 10 spots. It will get very expensive.

Bretsky
04-29-2011, 07:25 AM
Then there's Justin Houston and Dontay Moch and Sam Acho and (ugh) Brooks Reed.

I'd be down for any of these guys; Houston may be most likely to fall because he's an absolute idiot to test positive for a drug test when he knew it was coming IMO

Bretsky
04-29-2011, 07:26 AM
I do believe all of these guys will be gone though by pick 64

RashanGary
04-29-2011, 07:27 AM
A kind of like Allen Bailey from the U.

Fritz
04-29-2011, 07:48 AM
I agree Bretsky that Houston was an idiot for testing positive when he knew the test was coming. Absolutely agree with you.

But would you take him anyway? I guess it depends on how big an idiot you think he is. Is this just Cletidus Hunt/Torance Marshall/Johnny Jolly stupidity, or is this the "he's immature but a good kid and can grow out of it" variety?

I'm hoping for Dontay Moch.

SkinBasket
04-29-2011, 09:00 AM
It feels wonderful to not be lusting for a safety... any safety. I would like to see an OLB and maybe a RB. Houston falling would be nice. But Mason Foster could be available much later and would fit in really nice with the group we already have there. He looks like a moron, but so do a lot of decent players. On the RB side, I'm pulling for Williams to drop further than he actually will, but otherwise Daniel Thomas from Kansas State is the guy I'm rooting for for no particular reason other than I think he's inexplicably awesome, and he seems to know where his feet are at all times and keeps his center of balance well in relation - sort of the anti-Edgar Bennett. Reminds me of how that dog fucker Vick runs sometimes.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_ucf/files/2010/09/Kansas-State-running-back-Daniel-Thomas-Credit-Bo-Rader-The-Wichita-Eagle.jpg

Cheesehead Craig
04-29-2011, 09:31 AM
I'm hoping for a trade up to get OLB Akeem Akers. Would be a big upgrade over Jones and co on the other side from Matthews.

Smeefers
04-29-2011, 10:14 AM
Are there any RB's out there to take? With the complete lack of talk of RB's, you'd think there's just a pile of mid level guys sitting out there, waiting to show that they were snubbed by not even being talked about.

RashanGary
04-29-2011, 10:29 AM
RB's, CB's, OLB's, WR's are everywhere. A few safeties and ILB's out there. Not a lot of big guys left. They tend to get snatched up in round 1, but Allen Bailey is an interesting DE guy.

gbpackfan
04-29-2011, 10:37 AM
I would love Randall Cobb!

Lurker64
04-29-2011, 11:03 AM
At a guess? Justin Houston and Kenrick Ellis in 2 and 3.

SkinBasket
04-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Are there any RB's out there to take?

Leshoure will be gone early. After Williams, who had injury issues of his own, there's a pack of small (Dion Lewis, Kendall Hunter, Jizz Rodgers, and even Shane Vereen to a degree) and/or injury question (Demarco Murray, Hunter again, John Clay *barf*) guys. A lot of 4-5th round material, or less. I'm sure a couple will end up being just fine. The trick is trying to figure out which out of the pile of guys that have a - for each +.

Smeefers
04-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Leshoure will be gone early. After Williams, who had injury issues of his own, there's a pack of small (Dion Lewis, Kendall Hunter, Jizz Rodgers, and even Shane Vereen to a degree) and/or injury question (Demarco Murray, Hunter again, John Clay *barf*) guys. A lot of 4-5th round material, or less. I'm sure a couple will end up being just fine. The trick is trying to figure out which out of the pile of guys that have a - for each +.

Figures. I suppose I don't even expect to pick up a RB then.. Maybe a guy in the late rounds we can throw on our practice squad for fun.

swede
04-29-2011, 12:21 PM
I'd sure like a dangerous return guy for once. I have heard very little about anyone like that except for Titus.

Tarlam!
04-29-2011, 01:14 PM
I'd sure like a dangerous return guy for once.

This.

SkinBasket
04-29-2011, 01:29 PM
Figures. I suppose I don't even expect to pick up a RB then.. Maybe a guy in the late rounds we can throw on our practice squad for fun.

Don't give up hope, Daniel Thomas is still so awesome that you would want him to bang your momma.

Guiness
04-29-2011, 01:43 PM
PFT has an interesting round 2 mock, and a lot of it makes sense.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/29/pfts-second-round-mock-draft/

Brooks Reed going to the Pats right away at 33. Two QB's to the Bills and Bengals - although neither of them is Mallet! Bowers goes to the Browns, which I can see because they've got picks to burn now, and spending a high second round pick on a guy who was being considered at #1 is a pretty good risk-reward. They have Ayers dropping farther than I think he will though, going at 42 to the Texans.

They've got us taking Denarius Moore, who I don't know much about, but it says he has the potential to be a returner.

edit: Moch, who a lot of guys are pulling for us to take (has Bretsky cursed him yet?) goes to the Chiefs at 55.

Smeefers
04-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Don't give up hope, Daniel Thomas is still so awesome that you would want him to bang your momma.

Hope is given up if all I can do is hope for that mother fucker (literally)

The Shadow
04-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Who has the best pad level?