PDA

View Full Version : DAY THREE: OFFFICIAL DRAFT DAY THREAD FOR DA CHAMPS..GB PACKERS

Pages : [1] 2

Bretsky
04-29-2011, 11:50 PM
It appears we drafted a replacement for Chad Clifton, James Jones, and Brandon Jackson. Hopefully each one will be better than who they may replace.

WHO IS NEXT ?

Does TT now focus on shoring up more depth on the DL/LB, and find some pass rushers ?
Or does he find another diamond in the rough in the secondary ?

We've got several picks left and plenty of areas for improvement.

Hey TT, MAKE IT A GREAT DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HarveyWallbangers
04-30-2011, 12:04 AM
I like Sherrod, but I doubt he'll be better than Clifton. Neither will Bulaga. However, I think both will be solid. Cobb is a different type receiver than Jones, and he gives us a different kind of receiver. And he could solve our return problems. I think this Green guy will be better than Jackson.

Tarlam!
04-30-2011, 12:34 AM
Hey, B, you're still on a roll from last season! I like all the picks sofar and I'll bet they'll all shine. Keep working your magic!!

Jimx29
04-30-2011, 12:37 AM
no one else notices that TT got Tex Cobb to replace Rodgers next year? He's bound to get 5-6 picks in trade.

*Ducks and runs*

Tarlam!
04-30-2011, 12:47 AM
Jim, you kill me. BOMNF!

Tarlam!
04-30-2011, 01:58 AM
The first 3 picks indicate to me there's a real method behing TT's madness, even though he maintains the BPA policy publicly. I'm so glad he got lucky with Shields.

Love the fact that the OT won't need to start immediately, but potentially could if he did.

Love the potential of the WR - returns, wildcats and going over the middle. Potential trick plays from the kicking game if he's the holder! All very real possibilities.

I like the thought of being able to change up the pace at RB. The real potential to get short yardage 1st downs and, dare-I-say, rediscovering the bread and plays that made the Packers so great during Holmgren's stint with those passes to the RB.

Too many 3rd and shorts weren't converted last season (to be fair, if there hadn't been so many crucial drops, they wouldn't have been as much need to), meaning Capers' boyz were on the sidelines less than they hoped they'd be. Ironically, TT hasn't picked for Capers' side of the ball, but any coach will tell you the best defense is a great offense!

I just re-read this post and boy, I am such a HOMER!!

HarveyWallbangers
04-30-2011, 02:09 AM
Intriguing guys to me on Day 3:

QB Ricky Stanzi
WR Vincent Brown
WR Ronald Johnson
TE Luke Stocker
TE Julius Thomas
C Tim Barnes
DE Christian Ballard
DT Jerrell Powe
OLB Cliff Matthews
OLB K.J. Wright
OLB Casey Matthews (just because)
ILB Chris White
CB Davon House
CB Jalil Brown
CB Brandon Burton
CB Ryan Jones
S Quinton Carter

I think round 4 is the time to get a corner.

Tarlam!
04-30-2011, 02:47 AM
OLB Cliff Matthews ('cause he may be a distant relative)
ILB Casey Matthews (just because, I too, am a Homer)

Fixed.

Tarlam!
04-30-2011, 04:31 AM
Sorry guys, for hogging the thread, but I aint playing golf today since I'm catiching up with what the draft did the firts coupla days....

I am really curious to see how JH's sleeper pans out in Seattle. This guy hates Pete carroll's draft so far: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/684620-2011-nfl-draft-grades-report-cards-for-the-first-three-rounds/page/26

I wouldn't bother mentioning it, except this quote flawed me:

Even James Carpenter's college head coach Nick Saban was shocked to hear his offensive tackle's name called in Round 1. I have to believe that's speculation.

vince
04-30-2011, 06:40 AM

QB Ricky Stanzi
WR Vincent Brown
WR Ronald Johnson
TE Luke Stocker
TE Julius Thomas
C Tim Barnes
DE Christian Ballard
DT Jerrell Powe
OLB Cliff Matthews
OLB K.J. Wright
ILB Chris White
CB Davon House
CB Jalil Brown
CB Brandon Burton
CB Ryan Jones
S Quinton Carter

Reading this list, I was just thinking the same thing about a corner. There's still some depth at that position.

Is Chekwa still available? He would seem to fit TT's mold of 6' (or so) fast (4.3)guy. All-Big 10 I think.

I missed much of the 3rd round, but here are some more that may be available:
OG Clint Boling
C Brandon Fusco
OT Orlando Franklin
OLB Sam Acho
OLB Chris Carter

Bretsky
04-30-2011, 06:43 AM

QB Ricky Stanzi
WR Vincent Brown
WR Ronald Johnson
TE Luke Stocker
TE Julius Thomas
C Tim Barnes
DE Christian Ballard
DT Jerrell Powe
OLB Cliff Matthews
OLB K.J. Wright
ILB Chris White
CB Davon House
CB Jalil Brown
CB Brandon Burton
CB Ryan Jones
S Quinton Carter

I think Vincent Brown went to San Diego if I remember right

I'm putting in a pier and then going to a franchise expo in Milwaukee today so I will miss much of the draft.

If I have a prediction it is most of TT's picks will come from players we haven't heard much about but after doing the research we'll spin them positively ....lol

He's fine some guys from places like Appalachian State ....maybe the WR....Colorado School of Mines...maybe the strong dude....and other spots....

oh, and he'll prolly select a QB.........mabye even a Badger

Bretsky
04-30-2011, 06:44 AM
NFL NETWORK LOVES GB AND DA LIONS PICKS

SkinBasket
04-30-2011, 06:45 AM
All I got to say is that I covet Tampa's draft right now.

vince
04-30-2011, 06:56 AM
You'll be missed today B.

digitaldean
04-30-2011, 08:47 AM
I think Detroit made their DL even tougher w/Fairley. Suh will lead this kid to be a consistent performer. Titus Young will help Calvin Johnson out a ton.

I do like the draft picks thus far. A little puzzled on the RB pick, but assuming it's a BPA situation instead of taking a DE or CB.

Tampa got a steal in Bowers. They have amp'd up their line big time.

green_bowl_packer
04-30-2011, 09:19 AM
I think Detroit made their DL even tougher w/Fairley. Suh will lead this kid to be a consistent performer. Titus Young will help Calvin Johnson out a ton.

I do like the draft picks thus far. A little puzzled on the RB pick, but assuming it's a BPA situation instead of taking a DE or CB.

Tampa got a steal in Bowers. They have amp'd up their line big time.

Can't double team them both, either blocking or coverage. Detroit also has a real good TE with potential too (but always hurt). I liked the Lions better with Millen!

Fritz
04-30-2011, 09:46 AM
Another way to think about today's draft is to ask yourself at what positions would you like to see some guys replaced or given competition? For me, that would be the last two "real" corners on the roster - Underwood and Lee - who are expected to play not just aces on ST but some actual corner, maybe well (unlike Bush who I don't think is really expected to compete for corner playing time.)

I'd also like to see If Walden or Zombo could be replaced.

And finally, I'd like to see Jarius Wynn get some competition.

Tarlam!
04-30-2011, 10:43 AM
I liked the Lions better with Millen!

:grin: I hear that! But, y'know, it's far more satisfying beating the NFC N-Rivals when they're competitive. It was really no fun beating up on Detroit for so many years. They only ever won when the Pack played awefully.

Sparkey
04-30-2011, 10:59 AM
K.J. Wright-LB-Mississippi State: 6’3″ #246
Strengths-Has prototype size for an NFL Linebacker. Flows to the ball carrier well. Plays faster than his time. Is a very solid wrap-up tackler. Breaks down well in the open field to finish the play. Shows good instincts and football I.Q.. Seems to genuinely love to play the game. Shows good awareness in run-pass recognition. Gets to full speed quickly. Has good burst to close and make the play. Is quicker than fast. Has elite arm length and wingspan. Runs well to the sideline to chase down the play. Flashes good pass rush from the edge.

Weaknesses-Average timed speed. Does not use his hands well to shed blockers. Does not protect his legs well from cut blockers. Needs to get in an NFL weight room. Needs to work on his drops in coverage and is a little bit stiff.

NFR Draft Analysis-Wright has been a consistent player over the past couple of years for the Bulldogs. He will appeal to 3-4 teams and can probably play inside or outside (best inside). Position versatility will put Wright’s value in the late 3rd or early 4th round of the 2011 NFL draft.

HarveyWallbangers
04-30-2011, 11:00 AM
I think Vincent Brown went to San Diego if I remember right

Dang it. I missed that. I wouldn't mind us taking another WR. We only have three guys now (Jennings, Nelson, Cobb) that we'll likely be here a couple years from now, and Nelson is iffy (UFA soon).

GrnBay007
04-30-2011, 11:01 AM
How many picks to the Packers have today?

get louder at lambeau
04-30-2011, 11:29 AM
How many picks to the Packers have today?

Six as of right now-

Round 4, Pick 32 (129)
Round 4, Pick 34 (131) (Compensatory Selection)
Round 5, Pick 32 (163)
Round 6, Pick 32 (197)
Round 7, Pick 1 (204) (From Panthers)
Round 7, Pick 30 (233)

GrnBay007
04-30-2011, 11:32 AM
Thanks!

Bretsky
04-30-2011, 11:47 AM
Our favorites are dropping like flies now
Acho...dammit......would've loved to see TT trade up there

Tony Oday
04-30-2011, 11:51 AM
I want a CB, Mathews because come on that would just be damn fun!, CB, DL, OG and OG

Bretsky
04-30-2011, 11:51 AM
You'll be missed today B.

ah, but the day should be far more peaceful........lol

VegasPackFan
04-30-2011, 12:00 PM
There goes Casey Matthews :(

Tony Oday
04-30-2011, 12:00 PM
Dang you Eagles!

Brandon494
04-30-2011, 12:08 PM
That would have been stupid to draft Casey IMO just because Clay plays on the Packers. We are solid in the middle, we need another pass rusher on the outside to pair with Clay.

TennesseePackerBacker
04-30-2011, 12:19 PM
That would have been stupid to draft Casey IMO just because Clay plays on the Packers. We are solid in the middle, we need another pass rusher on the outside to pair with Clay.

Agreed. Though, I wouldn't mind seeing D.J. Williams fall to us.

RashanGary
04-30-2011, 12:19 PM
I like Cris Carter at OLB.

Brandon494
04-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Here we go! Lets hope for an OLB and CB with these next two picks.

gbgary
04-30-2011, 12:32 PM
gotta be d this time

gbgary
04-30-2011, 12:33 PM
dammit...a trade

red
04-30-2011, 12:34 PM
trade to denver

Brandon494
damnit a trade...now I have to wait a whole 5 minutes

get louder at lambeau
dammit...a trade

They will be up again in 10 minutes, and they can't trade that one away.

digitaldean
finally get to nfl.com to catch streaming of draft and the packers just trade to denver. damn...

OS PA
Traded to Denver for... something next year? A 3rd or a 4th.

VegasPackFan
04-30-2011, 12:35 PM
What was the trade?

red
04-30-2011, 12:36 PM
we got their 5th and sixth they got our 4th and 7th

Packgator
Means they believe the guy(s) they want will still be there a few picks later?

digitaldean
packers traded this one and 7th for Denver's 5th and their 6th

TennesseePackerBacker
129 and 206

for 141 and 186......hmmm I know one of those picks is off, probably 206. I just caught a glance of it.

channtheman
Means they believe the guy(s) they want will still be there a few picks later?

Pretty much.

RashanGary
I'm hoping a third next year.

get louder at lambeau
4th and a 7th for a 5th and a 6th.

Packgator
04-30-2011, 12:37 PM
we got their 5th and sixth they got our 4th and 7th

Which 7th?

channtheman
04-30-2011, 12:38 PM
I didn't realize we literally had a pick just 2 picks later. Makes a lot more sense to make that trade.

Packgator
04-30-2011, 12:40 PM
Now have early picks in 5th and 6th.

VegasPackFan
04-30-2011, 12:40 PM
Another wait for the pick.... Another trade?

OS PA
04-30-2011, 12:41 PM
I'd like Chris Carter.

Brandon494
TT you are the man!

red
davon house, nice

channtheman
04-30-2011, 12:42 PM
I thought about House in the 3rd round. Didn't realize he was still there. I like this pick.

digitaldean
04-30-2011, 12:42 PM
Davon House from New Mexico State - CB first team all WAC

gbgary
04-30-2011, 12:43 PM
can't wait to yell TO THE HOUSE!

digitaldean
04-30-2011, 12:44 PM
summarization from NFP.com
Impression: The size/speed and fluidity is all there, but he needs to clean up his pad level in and out of his breaks. Should be able to do so with better NFL coaching and has the ability to start if he wants it bad enough.

red
04-30-2011, 12:45 PM
draft ace had him ranked as the 4th best cb in the draft

Davon House CB New Mexico State

Ht: 6’1″

Wt: 200

Strengths:
Elite size. Impressive strength. A physical cover corner. Has the speed to turn and run with just about any receiver. Shows good instincts. Does a nice job turning and reacting to the ball in the air. Good ball skills; does a great job playing the ball rather than just the receiver.

Weaknesses:
Limited experience against top competition. Lacks effort in run support. Tackling technique is poor. Overaggressive at times; likes to go for the interception whenever possible. Bites on pump fakes too often and will occasionally get beat deep as a result.

Comments:
House’s size makes him a very intriguing prospect. Had he played at a top level program it’s possible that he would generate some consideration as a 1st round pick. However, his lack of experience against top competition raises some questions about his ability to step up to the next level. Most of his mistakes came from his overaggressive tendencies – this could be a result of his overconfidence against weak competition, or it could be a trend that sticks with him. Unfortunately we won’t really know the answer until he’s tested by NFL receivers.

red
04-30-2011, 12:47 PM
lindy's had him as the 6th best cb

Badgerinmaine
04-30-2011, 12:47 PM
I didn't realize we literally had a pick just 2 picks later. Makes a lot more sense to make that trade.
Yup--the second pick in the round was a compensatory pick.

gbgary
04-30-2011, 12:50 PM
think bush is finally gone or his st play will save him?

Guiness
Now have early picks in 5th and 6th.

Not AS early as you think. Broncos have already traded their first pick (#3) in each of those rounds.

We got #10 in the 5th (From 49ers through Broncos) and #21 (From Eagles through Lions and Broncos) in the 6th.

red
i wouldn't mind taking brandon burton with the next pick, give us two young cb's with potential

digitaldean
I really am liking this draft thus far. Would be nice to address D-Line at least for depth, but otherwise plenty of picks left.

Badgerinmaine
Which 7th?
From PackersNews.com: "Packers trade picks 129 (4th round) and 204 (7th round) to Broncos for pick 141 (5th round) and 186 (6th round)"
So the 7th the Packers sent to Denver was the earlier 7th round pick they had. They still have the 30th pick in the 7th round. One other thing I didn't know: The Packer' website says that compensatory draft picks cannot be traded, so that's part of why they traded the earlier 4th round pick.

Packgator
04-30-2011, 12:51 PM
Not AS early as you think. Broncos have already traded their first pick (#3) in each of those rounds.

We got #10 in the 5th (From 49ers through Broncos) and #21 (From Eagles through Lions and Broncos) in the 6th.

Thanks. I was thinking/hoping they were Denvers original slots. Oh well.

Guiness
04-30-2011, 12:51 PM
House - nice, a lot of people were calling for him.

OS PA
04-30-2011, 12:52 PM
Davon House - From CBS Sports

Overview

The WAC has produced a cornerback in the top 100 picks in four of the past five drafts, including Kyle Wilson, the Boise State product picked in the first round of the 2010 draft by the Jets. Wilson's fellow cornerback on the all-conference first-team last season was House, a three-year starter from California who has scouts flocking to Las Cruces this fall.

House stepped in as a true freshman to play in all 12 games, starting several when injuries hurt the secondary, quickly letting WAC quarterbacks know it wasn't wise to throw to his side; he had 37 tackles, two for loss, intercepted four passes and eight breakups on the season. He put up similar numbers in 2008 despite being avoided regularly (40 tackles, two interceptions, six pass breakups), then really broke out with the all-conference performance, leading the WAC in interceptions (three) and breakups (13) while making 68 stops. House returned one of his picks for a touchdown and returned a fumble 38 yards for a score.

Comparisons between House and Wilson will play out throughout the draft process, but they are different players. House projects as a man press corner on the outside (though he could play zone) because of his height and speed. Wilson also stepped up at Senior Bowl practices, cementing his status as a top-40 prospect. If House runs as expected and performs well at an all-star game, teams will project him as a starter capable of shutting down NFL receivers.
Analysis

Read & React: Has adequate reaction time and instincts on the outside. Explodes into ballcarriers on outside runs but can also be a step late supporting against the run or stopping his pedal to get to receivers on stop routes. Maintains contact with his man on misdirection plays; can recover from double moves quickly. Very good hand-eye reaction time to pick off bobbled passes and knock away passes at the last second.

Man Coverage: His best asset, as he uses his size, speed and length to adeptly handle outside responsibilities in man coverage. Good backpedal and quick feet to wait until his man makes a move inside or outside. Runs with any receiver down the sideline and maintains contact to prevent separation. Tight coverage forces quarterbacks to often go in another direction or take a sack. Good ball skills; times his jumps well if quarterbacks test him deep and looks to return the ball as far as possible after making a pick.

Zone Coverage: Plays a lot of man coverage but shows promise as a productive NFL zone corner. Solid tackler who can plant and drive to stop receivers after the catch and support the run when playing off the line. Stays cognizant of the quarterback in the end zone, will come off his man to make a play on the ball. Must prove he has the discipline to come off receivers leaving his area so quarterbacks don't throw behind him into the vacated area.

Closing/Recovery: Closes on the ball very well whether it is in the air or he's bringing down receivers to prevent yards after catch. Is sometimes turned around by double moves or outside-in head fakes, but recovers quickly to get back into the play. Time his jumps well when going up for the ball. Needs to tighten up his steps when transitioning forward from his pedal.

Run Support: Looks the part of a physical corner who will get the job done in run support. Flashes the ability to stay low and square to wrap up elusive ballcarriers in the flat. Gets outside angle on receiver to force plays inside, and can rip off blocks with his long arms, but must have more consistent urgency to get to the ball. Will stand around piles instead of inserting himself.

Tackling: Effective as a wrap and cut tackler against receivers and running backs. Generally gets the thighs of ballcarriers on cut tackles to bring him them down. Willing to lower a shoulder to hit a back, even if it's a bit late. Impressive chasing to the opposite side of the field, using his speed and the angle to track them down before they reach the end zone. Also capable of chasing down running backs from behind if they get outside him to the sideline.

Intangibles: Coaches have no issues with his work ethic. Has gained bulk in the weight room during his time at NMSU. Did not play football until his junior year of high school, focused on baseball before that. Hasn't missed a game in his Aggies career.

digitaldean
04-30-2011, 12:55 PM
Ricky Stanzi to the Chiefs.

swede
04-30-2011, 12:57 PM
From PackersNews.com: "Packers trade picks 129 (4th round) and 204 (7th round) to Broncos for pick 141 (5th round) and 186 (6th round)"

I think TT might be a creampuff when it comes to draft day trades. He always seems to give up a bit more when trading up and accept a bit less when trading down with other teams on draft day. He more than makes up for it, though, with his productive record using his picks--no matter where they are.

Tarlam!
04-30-2011, 12:59 PM
I'll take the pick. Gladly. THANKSTED!

RashanGary
04-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Greg McElroy has a Packer feel to him. Solid athlete, decent arm, but savvy and composed on the field. Kind of a Flynn/Rodgers cross.

Packgator
04-30-2011, 01:04 PM
I think TT might be a creampuff when it comes to draft day trades. He always seems to give up a bit more when trading up and accept a bit less when trading down with other teams on draft day. He more than makes up for it, though, with his productive record using his picks--no matter where they are.

Draft chart value wise.....this trade worked out in Packers favor. Gave up 53 points and got 66 points in return. At least that's what I read.

digitaldean
04-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Per Andrew Brandt of NFP, Eagles look like their saying buh-bye to Akers. They picked a K at 4th round. According to Brandt they won't waive a guy with a $400K signing bonus for 4th round pick.

digitaldean
04-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Greg McElroy has a Packer feel to him. Solid athlete, decent arm, but savvy and composed on the field. Kind of a Flynn/Rodgers cross.
Possibility. Especially if they trade Flynn

Packgator
04-30-2011, 01:07 PM
Per Andrew Brandt of NFP, Eagles look like their saying buh-bye to Akers. They picked a K at 4th round. According to Brandt they won't waive a guy with a $400K signing bonus for 4th round pick.

Or they keep both :)

Guiness
04-30-2011, 01:08 PM
Draft chart value wise.....this trade worked out in Packers favor. Gave up 53 points and got 66 points in return. At least that's what I read.

Find anything for the Atlanta trade up in the first round?

I'd like to know how that worked out on the charts.

imscott72
04-30-2011, 01:09 PM
think bush is finally gone or his st play will save him?

Never thought I'd say this, but they should keep him. I thought he turned the corner last year.

Packgator
04-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Find anything for the Atlanta trade up in the first round?

I'd like to know how that worked out on the charts.

Won't be able to answer that until we learn the draft positions of next years draft.

vince
04-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Bush is fine as long as he only plays ST. He is a serious liability at corner, even in the slot where you can hide him somewhat. With the addition of House, hopefully we're one step closer to seeing that be the case.

RashanGary
04-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Carter or McElroy

Or I'll throw a fit.

imscott72
04-30-2011, 01:13 PM

They're just sending a message to Akers. They could easily trade the 4th round K for future picks. They might lose some value, but could save a lot on Akers if he wants to stay in Philly.

digitaldean
04-30-2011, 01:14 PM
DJ Williams TE, Arkansas
News & Updates
Apr 12
The NFP round breakdown II

Breaking down rounds 4-7 according to the NFP’s grading scale.

* Scouting Report

A thick, well-put-together athlete, but lacks the type of height you want to see at the tight end position; is more of an off the line Y/H-back tweener. Lines up all over the Arkansas offense and possesses above-average straight-line speed for the position. Has the ability to get into his routes quickly from a three-point stance, keeping his pad level down and accelerating off the line. Does a nice job using his big frame to go up and pluck the football. Exhibits strong hands and works hard after the catch. Uses his hands well in tight areas, has some shiftiness to his game and does a nice job getting into defenders and quickly slipping in order to generate some separation for himself when they want to get physical with him down the field.

Showcases good fluidity in the hips as a route runner, can cleanly open up out of his breaks and generate a burst for himself vs. man coverage on sharply breaking routes. At times gets a bit sloppy out of his breaks and will drift into his routes. Lacks great consistent body control as a route runner, will lose balance and not create as much separation as he's capable of at times. But is a good linear route runner where he can get up to speed quickly and simply try to run away from linebackers toward daylight and make plays down the seam.

Now, can block with natural leverage off the snap, does a nice job quickly getting his feet around and can seal bigger defenders from the play, but isn't going to drive NFL defensive linemen off the ball. Showcases some toughness and grit through the play and works hard to stay on blocks. However, isn't natural when asked to pull in the open field, struggles to consistently break down on contact and too often will whiff on defenders he's asked to lead. Does a much better job simply reaching defenders off his frame or releasing into the second level in the run game, where he does a much better job dropping his pad level and creating a slight surge on contact. Looks comfortable in blitz pick up, plays calmer, understands angles and can sit into his stance and move his feet through contact.

Impression: A good athlete who is a natural receiver, runs well, adjusts to the football and can pluck the throw. Lacks the size to be an ideal "on the line Y", but as a move tight end/ H-back option he will certainly be able to find a niche and add another element to an NFL offense.

TennesseePackerBacker
04-30-2011, 01:14 PM
D.J. Williams, love it.

imscott72
04-30-2011, 01:15 PM
TE DJ Williams from Arkansas..

digitaldean
04-30-2011, 01:17 PM
D.J. Williams, love it.

Seeing him in the SEC, how does he rate??

red
04-30-2011, 01:18 PM
the #2 TE in the draft. two guys i,ve seen him compared to. dustin keller and dallas clark

what a great draft so far

digitaldean
04-30-2011, 01:19 PM
Obviously it'll take time before it can be truly rated. But this draft is, at first glance, looking awesome.

Brandon494
04-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Another good pick, reminds me of Chris Cooley.

vince
Good value in DJ Williams.

red
one thing i just read about williams said he is a match up nightmare, too fast for lb's too big for cb's

sound like anyone else we know?

TennesseePackerBacker
04-30-2011, 01:21 PM
Seeing him in the SEC, how does he rate??

Best in the SEC. Won the Mackey(sp?) award for top TE this year. Great pass catcher. Great hands. The scouting report up there is pretty spot on.

HarveyWallbangers
04-30-2011, 01:24 PM
I'm on a roll. :)

QB Ricky Stanzi
WR Vincent Brown
WR Ronald Johnson
TE Luke Stocker
TE Julius Thomas
C Tim Barnes
DE Christian Ballard
DT Jerrell Powe
OLB Cliff Matthews
OLB K.J. Wright
ILB Chris White
CB Davon House
CB Jalil Brown
CB Brandon Burton
CB Ryan Jones
S Quinton Carter

digitaldean
04-30-2011, 01:25 PM
A healthy Finley and Williams. Definitely a dangerous 2 TE combo that can spread the field. Game planning this offense is gonna be just sick.

Lurker64
04-30-2011, 01:25 PM
DJ Williams is likely an H-Back in this offense, means we may not keep 3 (or even 2) fullbacks.

Tony Oday
04-30-2011, 01:27 PM
SO With DJ Williams in the fold there is no need for JJ anymore, we can run 2 TEs, 2 WR and a single set back. The 2 TEs are just huge WRs...matchup nightmare.

RashanGary
04-30-2011, 01:27 PM
Kind of a versatile guy. I like that.

OS PA
04-30-2011, 01:28 PM
Crabtree gone, Johnson gone.

OS PA
04-30-2011, 01:28 PM
Big 5 with Finley, Quarless, Williams, Jennings, Cobbs

channtheman
04-30-2011, 01:32 PM
Quarless hasn't impressed me much. Unless he has improved his hands, he might be gone.

Tony Oday
04-30-2011, 01:32 PM
What about Jordy...

Guiness
04-30-2011, 01:35 PM
the #2 TE in the draft. two guys i,ve seen him compared to. dustin keller and dallas clark

what a great draft so far

Really? You'd rate him above the other TE's taken since Rudolph?

I'm just laughing at the thought that we're probably carrying 4 TE's again next year. Reports say he's more suited as an H-back though, which none of our other guys really are.

I forgot Petrino was in Arkansas.

Lurker64
Crabtree gone, Johnson gone.

I think we keep Crabtree. He blocks like his hair is on fire and you're trying to murder his grandmother.

RashanGary
We've been compiling versatile players. I have a feeling we're going to see some creative offense this year.

Nelson (excellent blocker and darn good WR)
Finley (Excellent pass catcher and better blocker than probably 95% of WR's)
Starks (caught passes like a WR in college. Looked natural like a WR, but didn't really have a chance to build trust in the passing game for us, maybe due to injury)
Williams (very good pass catcher and good blocker)
Kuhn (can run, block or catch)

So if you send that package out in the redzone and the opposition decides to go small, you can pack everything tight with two FB's (Williams and Kuhn) and Starks lined deep. You can have Finley inline as a blocker and Nelson split wide where he can be counted on to handle a CB, then you can run it on their base personnel. If they decide to go big against these guys, you can split Finley, Nelson, Starks and Williams wide with Kuhn as the individual RB. You have 4 guys who can run and have excellent hands lined up against LB's. Whoever they try to match you with, you can exploit their personnel.

pbmax
04-30-2011, 01:37 PM
Now this is a Thompson draft. A running back earlier than draftniks graded him and a TE while DE and OLB wait. Plus a trade down with a stocked roster.

I can see the thread I will start in Week 6 next year, worrying about the run defense again only to realize its the dime defense Dom is playing 50% of the snaps with 6 DBs, 4 LBs and 1 DL (Raji).

If this draft had been conducted in 2007, there would be an armed mob outside Lambeau right now. :D

Packgator
04-30-2011, 01:38 PM
What about Jordy...

abundance: an extremely plentiful or oversufficient quantity or supply

There will be a lot of "ex Packers" playing around the league next year. Teams will be waiting like vulchers for the Packers final cuts of the pre-season.

Guiness
04-30-2011, 01:40 PM
Looking at the OL drafted...is there a guy out there who's sub 300lbs anymore? Every guy I've seen has been over that number. In this round, the Pats got Cannon @ 358, and the Browns got Pinkston @ 317.

I don't think I know anyone from my everyday life who's over 300lbs.

Scott Campbell
04-30-2011, 01:43 PM
Now this is a Thompson draft.

All we need now is a FB.

Tony Oday
04-30-2011, 01:44 PM
abundance: an extremely plentiful or oversufficient quantity or supply

There will be a lot of "ex Packers" playing around the league next year. Teams will be waiting like vulchers for the Packers final cuts of the pre-season.

But people are already forgetting him is what I am saying. He is still a better WR than Cobb so our Top 5 would be Jennings, Finley, Nelson, Driver, DJ Williams?

wootah
04-30-2011, 01:45 PM
We've been compiling versatile players. I have a feeling we're going to see some creative offense this year.

Nelson (excellent blocker and darn good WR)
Finley (Excellent pass catcher and better blocker than probably 95% of WR's)
Starks (caught passes like a WR in college. Looked natural like a WR, but didn't really have a chance to build trust in the passing game for us, maybe due to injury)
Williams (very good pass catcher and good blocker)
Kuhn (can run, block or catch)

The RB from Hawaii was also considered the best pass catching RB in the draft. Mismatch galore...

digitaldean
04-30-2011, 01:46 PM
Have to agree. There will be a lot of good players from our SB 45 roster that will be playing elsewhere. Not that there will be a ton of turnover, but a reserve making this roster would be starting for most teams.

Guiness
04-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Now this is a Thompson draft. A running back earlier than draftniks graded him and a TE while DE and OLB wait. Plus a trade down with a stocked roster.

I can see the thread I will start in Week 6 next year, worrying about the run defense again only to realize its the dime defense Dom is playing 50% of the snaps with 6 DBs, 4 LBs and 1 DL (Raji).

If this draft had been conducted in 2007, there would be an armed mob outside Lambeau right now. :D

Yup. What do we take next? A safety? Another TE? I remember how shocked I was when Crabtree made the final cut last year...

Carolina_Packer
04-30-2011, 01:47 PM
All we need now is a FB.

and a starting QB

Lurker64
04-30-2011, 01:48 PM
Looking at the OL drafted...is there a guy out there who's sub 300lbs anymore? Every guy I've seen has been over that number. In this round, the Pats got Cannon @ 358, and the Browns got Pinkston @ 317.

I don't think I know anyone from my everyday life who's over 300lbs.

Developmental Centers and pure Guards are sub-300 regularly. Guys who are like 6-5 are generally not offensive linemen if they're below 300 lbs.

Tony Oday
04-30-2011, 01:49 PM
lol ILB!

Badgerinmaine
04-30-2011, 01:55 PM
Frank Zombo's got to be one happy man by this point of the draft...

Guiness
04-30-2011, 01:57 PM
Developmental Centers and pure Guards are sub-300 regularly. Guys who are like 6-5 are generally not offensive linemen if they're below 300 lbs.

I dunno.

Looking at a list on nfl.com of OL drafted, and prospects, one OL taken so far has been sub-300. He was 299.
There are four guys under 300 who are still drafted (out of 33). Two of them are 299 as well, so really, there is only 2 OL in this draft who are listed under that mark.

One of the guys under 300 is listed at 244??? Turns out he (Daniel Aiken) is a long snapper from Virginia. So one guy under 300lbs. Wow.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:ol

Packgator
04-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Frank Zombo's got to be one happy man by this point of the draft...

Dom said this afternoon "I feel a lot better about our OLB's than I did a year ago at this time".

Lurker64
04-30-2011, 02:03 PM
All we need now is a FB.

Williams is an H-Back, which is like 50% Fullback and 50% TE. I think that counts.

gbgary
04-30-2011, 02:04 PM
creeping up on 163

pbmax
04-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Bears get the guy that fans will be screaming for to replace Cutler in a year.

Badgerinmaine
04-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Dom said this afternoon "I feel a lot better about our OLB's than I did a year ago at this time".
Clearly TT thinks so too!

Guiness
04-30-2011, 02:15 PM
I'm a little disappointed in the draft so far.

I've recognized over half the names we've called. I expected to know who our first round pick was, but after that, I expect TT to find guys I've never heard of. He's slipping, Cobb's name was thrown around, and DJ Williams was also brought up.

I pine for the days of WTF???? after drafting Collins.

I will give him credit for Alex Green though. An RB out of Hawaii I didn't see coming. I wonder if they scouted any of his home games?

pbmax
04-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Is Julian Vandervelde from Iowa related to the Badger lineman by the same last name if memory serves?

vince
04-30-2011, 02:18 PM
Pitt nabs Carter.

pbmax
There goes the Chris Carter someone was agitating for earlier.

pbmax
Packers trade to 49ers.

digitaldean
Packers trade pick to Frisco

imscott72
04-30-2011, 02:19 PM
Another trade? Are we going for a handful of 7th rounders?

vince
04-30-2011, 02:19 PM
TT's better in the 6th than the 5th anyway.

Packgator
04-30-2011, 02:20 PM
An RB out of Hawaii I didn't see coming. I wonder if they scouted any of his home games?

That would be a good assignment!

Packgator
04-30-2011, 02:21 PM
Another trade? Are we going for a handful of 7th rounders?

Has to be for something next year. Doesn't it?

digitaldean
04-30-2011, 02:22 PM
We get SF's 6th (174) and 7th (231).

pbmax
04-30-2011, 02:22 PM
Sign of misplaced priorities. If you google "wilde twitter", Jason Wilde turns up first (Packers reporter) before Olivia Wilde (Actress from House and very beautiful woman).

Worse yet, Wilde has taken the weekend off. Slacker.

red
04-30-2011, 02:24 PM
it wouldn't surprise me if tt is trying to stockpile 7th rounders. we all know how much he likes his undrafted free agents. well this year with the lockout they can't sign any undrafted guys. maybe he'll draft those guys he wants this year

Packgator
04-30-2011, 02:24 PM
We get SF's 6th (174) and 7th (231).

So traded 163 for 174 & 231.

gbgary
04-30-2011, 02:25 PM
three sixths now...174, 186, 197.

Packgator
04-30-2011, 02:26 PM
three sixths now...174, 186, 197.

TT's up to something. But what?

digitaldean
04-30-2011, 02:27 PM
So we have 5 players left to pick, holy crap!

mraynrand
04-30-2011, 02:31 PM
it wouldn't surprise me if tt is trying to stockpile 7th rounders. we all know how much he likes his undrafted free agents. well this year with the lockout they can't sign any undrafted guys. maybe he'll draft those guys he wants this year

Yep, and there are about four hundred compensatory picks at the end of the 7th.

Packgator
04-30-2011, 02:32 PM
Remaining Picks (for now)

RashanGary
Damn, there's the Ted we know.

Guiness
TT's up to something. But what?

I think it's what Red said above.

I know we're all clamouring for quality of quantity, is a 6th or 7th rounder really any more of a crapshoot than a 5th?

I agree that he wants the rights to those guys he would normally go after as UFA's.

RashanGary
04-30-2011, 02:39 PM
There is a DL I like late in the draft, Chris Neild and an OLB, Scott Lutrus.

gbgary
04-30-2011, 02:44 PM
we're up...

now it's 179,186,197.

RashanGary
04-30-2011, 02:47 PM
TRADE!

RashanGary
04-30-2011, 02:47 PM
j/k

RashanGary
04-30-2011, 02:48 PM
commercial

gbgary
04-30-2011, 02:48 PM
tv goes away as we're picking

digitaldean
04-30-2011, 02:49 PM
ANOTHER trade, UGH

gbgary
traded it...

vince
trade to mia

RashanGary
Geeze, give us a player, Ted.

Lurker64
Ted's in UDFA mode, traded down three times in a row.

digitaldean
04-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Packers send 174 and 231 to Miami for 179 and 218.

Carolina_Packer
04-30-2011, 02:50 PM
I think it's what Red said above.

I know we're all clamouring for quality of quantity, is a 6th or 7th rounder really any more of a crapshoot than a 5th?

I agree that he wants the rights to those guys he would normally go after as UFA's.

I totally agree with you guys that he's trying to load up with the uncertainty of the UFA's.

Packgator
04-30-2011, 02:52 PM
Packers send 174 and 231 to Miami for 179 and 218.

Gave up 5 spots in the 6th and picked up 13 spots in the 7th.

pbmax

Very good point Red. Could easily be the idea.

gbgary
now it 179, 186, 197 in the sixth

vince
I think he may correctly be thinking the UDFA's will go to other teams because tehy will have a better chance to stick elsewhere.

Badgerinmaine
04-30-2011, 02:53 PM
I totally agree with you guys that he's trying to load up with the uncertainty of the UFA's.
I don't buy it here--you're giving up two picks and getting two picks. I'm thinking it's more of a case of "the guy we want will still be there in five picks".

RashanGary
04-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Can't be too many more trades. There aren't enough picks.

pbmax
04-30-2011, 02:56 PM
I don't buy it here--you're giving up two picks and getting two picks. I'm thinking it's more of a case of "the guy we want will still be there in five picks".

Could be that as well. But does that cover each of the 5 picks he has in the last two rounds? I think its some of both here.

And we might get closer to the old complaint of Thompson trading down so often he has the entire 7th round at his disposal.

RashanGary
I think he may correctly be thinking the UDFA's will go to other teams because tehy will have a better chance to stick elsewhere.

Makes sense.

Guiness
TRADE!
j/k

ROFL! No, you actually weren't!

Ted's just toying with us now. If I see him, I'm giving him a purple nurple.

Tony Oday
04-30-2011, 02:58 PM
If there is a season there will be UDFA still just like every other year.

Packgator
04-30-2011, 02:59 PM
Remaining Picks (for now)

I think :)

Carolina_Packer

I guess the net effect is the same. Where do you think they will go next?

gbgary
ROFL! No, you actually weren't!

Ted's just toying with us now. If I see him, I'm giving him a purple nurple.

i dare ya

OS PA
04-30-2011, 03:02 PM
Here's a safety..

Badgerinmaine
04-30-2011, 03:03 PM
Could be that as well. But does that cover each of the 5 picks he has in the last two rounds? I think its some of both here.

And we might get closer to the old complaint of Thompson trading down so often he has the entire 7th round at his disposal.
Oh, I don't doubt that he's done it some--I just think in that case he wasn't. Kareem Copeland offered this theory in the PG: The Packers really wanted Christopher Carter but the Steelers took him the pick before, so that's why they traded down in the 5th.

Badgerinmaine
04-30-2011, 03:04 PM
Pack's up...

pbmax
04-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Man, can't the Colorado School of Mines (or Mimes) get some love Ted?

Packgator
04-30-2011, 03:06 PM
Guard?

Scott Campbell
Go Utes!

gbgary
Schlauderaff, Caleb

digitaldean
Not a glaring review on NFP on this guy. Caleb Schlauderaff OG Utah
6-4 302
* Scouting Report

A long, thinner lineman who lacks a great initial first step off the snap. Consistently allows defensive linemen to get into and under his frame off the snap and he can routinely be overwhelmed vs. the bull rush. Lacks the bend to consistently gain leverage on contact and struggles with his overall base strength vs. more physical defenders. Showcases above-average lateral agility when asked to mirror in pass protection and when he is patient he does a nice job extending his arms and working his hands through the play. However, too often he lunges into defenders tying to get on them prematurely and can be easily slipped on contact and gives up penetration inside. Looks more comfortable sliding his feet and mirroring in space, but even so he isn't real heavy handed and struggles to lock out and win a block outside. Isn't a guy who will ever drive anyone off the snap in the run game, but has the length and body control to seal at times when he has a chance to get out of his stance. But overall, lacks the first step and overall range to be much of a factor in the run game at the line or at the second level in the NFL.

Impression: Is a nice-sized kid, but struggles to anchor inside, lacks great initial burst off the football and struggles to win blocks outright at the college level. Nothing more than a camp body at this stage.

vince
04-30-2011, 03:07 PM
Who the fu'? Fire Thompson now.

SkinBasket
04-30-2011, 03:07 PM
Well, it's better than taking another TE.

Packgator
04-30-2011, 03:08 PM
The next Josh Sitton?

Carolina_Packer
He sounds like he's from Wisconsin! Good German name.

digitaldean
Shocked they're not even making a move on DLine.

Badgerinmaine
04-30-2011, 03:09 PM
Yet another braniac high-character guy--here's a profile: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700072928/Utah-Utes-football-Caleb-Schlauderaff-quietly-anchors-offensive-line.html

pbmax
04-30-2011, 03:09 PM
If there is a season there will be UDFA still just like every other year.

Yes but with a few 7th rounders, you can get the jump on everyone else.

Teamcheez1
04-30-2011, 03:10 PM
Practice squad material.

pbmax
04-30-2011, 03:11 PM
Not a glaring review on NFP on this guy. Caleb Schlauderaff OG Utah
6-4 302
* Scouting Report

A long, thinner lineman who lacks a great initial first step off the snap. Consistently allows defensive linemen to get into and under his frame off the snap and he can routinely be overwhelmed vs. the bull rush. Lacks the bend to consistently gain leverage on contact and struggles with his overall base strength vs. more physical defenders. Showcases above-average lateral agility when asked to mirror in pass protection and when he is patient he does a nice job extending his arms and working his hands through the play. However, too often he lunges into defenders tying to get on them prematurely and can be easily slipped on contact and gives up penetration inside. Looks more comfortable sliding his feet and mirroring in space, but even so he isn't real heavy handed and struggles to lock out and win a block outside. Isn't a guy who will ever drive anyone off the snap in the run game, but has the length and body control to seal at times when he has a chance to get out of his stance. But overall, lacks the first step and overall range to be much of a factor in the run game at the line or at the second level in the NFL.

Impression: Is a nice-sized kid, but struggles to anchor inside, lacks great initial burst off the football and struggles to win blocks outright at the college level. Nothing more than a camp body at this stage.

Add in plays angry and he sounds like Barbre, but with less run blocking. Puzzler.

RashanGary
04-30-2011, 03:11 PM
His write-up reads like a UDFA

gbgary
04-30-2011, 03:12 PM
Shocked they're not even making a move on DLine.

me too

Scott Campbell
04-30-2011, 03:12 PM
He sounds like he's from Wisconsin! Good German name.

It's hard for me to get too excited about Utah linemen - unless they're Samoan or Tongan.

gbgary
04-30-2011, 03:14 PM
up again...

Carolina_Packer
04-30-2011, 03:14 PM
I was kind of intrigued to look at Tyrod Taylor, the very next pick. I know they have Rodgers, Flynn and Harrell, but he's such a good athlete, they might have been able to talk him off of wanting to be a QB. Ah well, the Ravens got him.

Badgerinmaine
04-30-2011, 03:15 PM
YouTube interview with Schlauderaff from last fall: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmNoohoaFjM

digitaldean
OK, now lets not trade this one.

Carolina_Packer
Jones was a great value pick for the Giants.

Badgerinmaine
04-30-2011, 03:18 PM
A d-lineman, please?

RashanGary
04-30-2011, 03:18 PM
Yet another braniac high-character guy--here's a profile: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700072928/Utah-Utes-football-Caleb-Schlauderaff-quietly-anchors-offensive-line.html

Wow, good find, There was some promising things in there. Seems like a really reliable guy and he was, for some reason, extremely underrated with his excellent play. Could be a typical, I dig deeper than you do, Ted diamond.

OS PA
04-30-2011, 03:19 PM
D.J. Smith.. a TINY OLB

gbgary
Smith, D.J. 5'11" 239#

pbmax
Boy, didn't someone call App St. a few posts ago?

This guy is barely taller than my son.

Badgerinmaine
04-30-2011, 03:20 PM
Wow, good find, There was some promising things in there. Seems like a really reliable guy and he was, for some reason, extremely underrated with his excellent play. Could be a typical, I dig deeper than you do, Ted diamond.
Thanks--and exactly so. I like the idea of building some o-line depth and he's taken people before this late who've stuck.

digitaldean
04-30-2011, 03:21 PM
D.J. Smith OLB App St.
Was a 2010 Butkus Award finalist
* OLB
* 5'10" | 239 lbs.

Carolina_Packer
04-30-2011, 03:21 PM
He played for a great coach at a great FCS school.

Badgerinmaine
04-30-2011, 03:22 PM
Sounds like another good leader, good character Packers type guy: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/08/29/1651031/dj-smith-has-potential-for-pro.html

pbmax
04-30-2011, 03:23 PM
He will be going under 6' 7" O lineman. Like he's the ball in Foosball.

That height would make more sense inside, but In Ted I Trust.

gbgary
04-30-2011, 03:23 PM
Butkus Award finalist ?? cool!

digitaldean
04-30-2011, 03:25 PM
Here's the skinny on Smith:

Instincts/Recognition
Tracks ball and steps up when sees daylight when scraping down the line. Can sniff out screens. Keeps head up and flashes adequate route recognition skills. Doesn't take many false steps but quarter count late diagnosing the play and locating ball a little too much.

Strength/Toughness
Not afraid to take on bigger blockers but can get engulfed and put on back by offensive linemen. Hands aren't violent enough. Takes too long to get off blocks.

Range vs. Run
Flashes the ability to chase backs down from behind but could make more plays in pursuit. Inconsistent angles. Range appears above average at times and average at other times. Could play with better motor at times but effort doesn't appear to be only factor. Showed better range against Florida in season finale than did against Furman less than a month earlier in 2010.

Tackling
Wraps up legs when chasing but not as effective when facing the ball carrier. Flashes the ability to square and wrap up but can wrap too high and slip off would-be tackles. Not an elite athlete and backs can shake him in space.

3rd Down Capabilities
Can open and get to depth in zone coverage. Adequate closing speed and can limit production after the catch but not as effective matching up in man coverage. Some stiffness in hips and going to have problems limiting separation getting out of breaks. Shows just adequate burst and doesn't show a variety of moves when rushing the passer.

Carolina_Packer
04-30-2011, 03:26 PM
I want Herzlich! He's going to be on a mission and it's a great story.

digitaldean
04-30-2011, 03:27 PM
Nice that Bielema is on NFLN. Sure wish they'd get that Kelly from ND out of there, though. Though he's not on today, had to get away from ESPN today. Gruden was a buffoon last 2 nights.

gbgary
ted likes guys called d.j.

Lurker64
Smith is an ILB, not an OLB, in our system.

Guiness
04-30-2011, 03:28 PM
An LB.

I was curious to see where Martez Wilson went, he lasted until the 72nd pick, round 3. Quite a drop for him.

Badgerinmaine
04-30-2011, 03:29 PM
Chicago Tribune ranked him as the 8th best OLB in the draft. Here's what they said:
A developmental player who has not had much experience against elite competition, Smith has the tools to succeed in the NFL. He plays hard and makes plays in pursuit. He has a feel for blitzing. His stock is a little down because he ran a 4.75 40-yard dash, but Smith plays faster than that. He is shorter than ideal.

Carolina_Packer
04-30-2011, 03:33 PM
I've never heard anyone say, "he's too short to tackle someone"

Badgerinmaine
04-30-2011, 03:35 PM
Interview from January with D.J. Smith: http://charlotte.news14.com/content/sports/football/634904/one-on-one--d-j--smith
Seems like a good kid. Irony: when asked to describe his style for Appy State, he compared himself to Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs...

Badgerinmaine
04-30-2011, 03:37 PM
As long as he doesn't try to bring D. J. Dozier out of retirement... :-)

RashanGary
04-30-2011, 03:38 PM
Bishop had some of the same problems. He turned out alright. We'll see though. Odds are against these guys.

pbmax
04-30-2011, 03:42 PM
Patriots grab LB Markell Carter, for whom NFL.com has no data. I think Ted and Hoody are trying to one up each other.

Carolina_Packer
04-30-2011, 03:43 PM
Patriots grab LB Markell Carter, for whom NFL.com has no data. I think Ted and Hoody are trying to one up each other.

California Penal

Packgator
04-30-2011, 03:44 PM

Maybe he's the guy you were looking for from Colorado School of Mines

pbmax
04-30-2011, 03:45 PM
Its really odd to see Bears, then Steelers, then Packers at the end of every round. It makes some sense given the histories of the franchises, but those three are almost never good at the same time.

channtheman

A.J. Hawk
B.J. Raji
C.J. Wilson
and now
D.J. Williams
D.J. Smith

Now who can we get that is E.J.?

pbmax

Almost as good, Central Arkansas School of Restorative Hot Springs.

Lurker64

That's Mark Schiechl. Perhaps Markell came from the California School of Mimes though.

swede
04-30-2011, 03:46 PM

He was second team all-conference for Central Arkansas...how does NFL.com NOT have information on this guy!!!

pbmax
04-30-2011, 03:48 PM
He was second team all-conference for Central Arkansas...how does NFL.com NOT have information on this guy!!!

Probably lost in the PlayStation Hack.

gbgary
up again...

Carolina_Packer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_Draft#Compensatory_picks If I'm reading this right, do you think the Pack will have a few more of these next year?

gbgary
04-30-2011, 03:49 PM
A.J. Hawk
B.J. Raji
C.J. Wilson
and now
D.J. Williams
D.J. Smith

lol

Badgerinmaine
04-30-2011, 03:50 PM
Packers did look at him in a private workout: http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/interest-markell-carter-more-evidence-bucs-considering-tweeners Maybe Bill called Ted and had an excellent adventure of it. :-P

Lurker64
04-30-2011, 03:50 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_Draft#Compensatory_picks If I'm reading this right, do you think the Pack will have a few more of these next year?

Unclear. Check back after labor situation is resolved. We don't even know if there will be a draft next year.

Badgerinmaine
04-30-2011, 03:52 PM
A.J. Hawk
B.J. Raji
C.J. Wilson
and now
D.J. Williams
D.J. Smith

http://www.remembertheafl.com/images/1965Topps103Holub250w_small.jpg

swede
04-30-2011, 03:52 PM
Packers did look at him in a private workout: http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/interest-markell-carter-more-evidence-bucs-considering-tweeners Maybe Bill called Ted and had an excellent adventure of it. :-POh great, now Hoody is spying on Ted.

vince
04-30-2011, 03:53 PM
Brooks Reeds running mate - Ricky Elmore!

pbmax
04-30-2011, 03:53 PM
There is an OLB.

Packgator
04-30-2011, 03:54 PM
http://www.remembertheafl.com/images/1965Topps103Holub250w_small.jpg

Trading card photographer must have been drunk when he took that picture. Half of it is missing.

Freak Out
04-30-2011, 03:55 PM
Is there another DJ in the draft we can pick up?

Carolina_Packer
04-30-2011, 03:56 PM
This just in...Ricky Elmore because of his height/weight and the Packers need has been converted to a TE.

vince
04-30-2011, 03:57 PM
I read somewhere that some scouts were higher on Elmore than Reed.

Packgator
04-30-2011, 03:57 PM
Is there another DJ in the draft we can pick up?

Maybe the last pick....Ricky Elmore's middle name is James and he goes by "R.J. Elmore"

Carolina_Packer
04-30-2011, 04:08 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-round/dt-by-round-input:6 I like the combine videos of the last two picks. I know it's only work-out clothes and not pads, but they looked very athletic, if not speedy.

green_bowl_packer
04-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Pretty Ricky what they call him

pbmax
04-30-2011, 04:10 PM
Silverstein says Packers think DJ Smith can play outside for what its worth.

pbmax
04-30-2011, 04:12 PM
Maybe the last pick....Ricky Elmore's middle name is James and he goes by "R.J. Elmore"

I hope he sounds like Elmore James.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKo80b-QfK0

pbmax
04-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Greg McElroy to the Jets, where he immediately becomes the smartest guy in the whole football operation. Anyone else catch Rex Ryan saying the Jets would have beaten the Packers in the Super Bowl?

And a great name in the seventh round: Lazarius Levingston, DL-LSU to the Seahawks.

Carolina_Packer
04-30-2011, 04:30 PM
So, two more picks. Any player any position you'd like to target still?

Carolina_Packer
04-30-2011, 04:32 PM
I'd take a shot at Noel Devine. Who knows, he could be a great special teams guy.

Carolina_Packer
04-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Big John Clay is still out there.

swede
04-30-2011, 04:37 PM
Is Shaky gone?

pbmax
04-30-2011, 04:42 PM
Pack is up.