PDA

View Full Version : ANYONE NOTICE? R. MARTIN PASSES M. BOE ON THE DEPTH CHART!

gbpackfan
08-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Not that this is a HUGE surprise, but Ruvell Martin has passed Marc Boerigter on the official Packers.com depth chart. At this point, if the Packers keep 6 WRs (WHICH THEY SHOULD!!!) they should be:

Donald Driver
Robert Ferguson
Greg Jennings
Rod Gardner
Ruvell Martin
Cory Rodgers (you can't give up the kid this early, can you?)

BallHawk
08-11-2006, 06:04 PM
I wanna see the depth chart for the second game. That one is pretty telling.

woodbuck27
08-11-2006, 06:36 PM
That's what I've been seeing in all the coverage this Off Season and to date in TC and some posters here don't see it or don't want to see it. I'm a little amazed at that fact.

It is what it is.

I admit I'm a litttle surprised to see Robert Ferguson opposite Donald Driver but there could be reason's for that, described by a word that begins with the letter "P".

Ruvell Martin has got alot of very decent ink. The likes of Ferguson,Gardner and Boerigter not. It's a Motley Crew we see at WR thus far in TC. I'm really not impressed with OUR options there to date. Donald Driver and Greg Jennings have easily outshone all the rest but Ruvell Martin (I've been saying for weeks now - has been impressive).

Ruvell Martin doesn't deserve to be cut based on his performance to date.

I would shit for a year in an outhouse, if I could attend TC for two weeks and have the advantage of seeing these players that are supposed to be fighting for spots on the Packers.

Yet really!??

Do I have (to see) a WR drop the ball over and over, or not defend the ball over and over "in person", to really gain an opinion - that that WR hasn't got it, to make, or be useful to OUR Team?

Is seeing it clearer, than reading it over and over?

As a Packer fan. I expect that the HC and his staff and the GM see it and have to decide to do something about what they see. It's their duty to put the best people on the 53-man Roster and thank the rest for doing their best.

Life is hard. :mrgreen:

HOLD THE FAITH - GO PACKERS !

BF4MVP
08-11-2006, 06:37 PM
I honestly don't know if I see Cory Rodgers making the team. It's early, yes. However, we drafted the guy to be our punt/kick returner, and he can't even field punts without a defense..What's it gonna be like when the opposing gunners are runnin straight at him tryin to knock his teeth out? :shock:

HarveyWallbangers
08-11-2006, 07:48 PM
I wouldn't put too much stock into it. The depth chart has Chris Francies ahead of Cory Rodgers. I find it hard to believe that a 4th round pick would be behind a street FA who dropped at least 3 balls in the scrimmage, and has little chance of making the team.

HarveyWallbangers
08-11-2006, 07:49 PM
I honestly don't know if I see Cory Rodgers making the team. It's early, yes.

I actually made this prediction about two months ago.
:D

woodbuck27
08-11-2006, 08:01 PM

Cory Rodgers is on shaky ground but noone can fault his work ethic.I'll be surprised if he's cut because of upside.

cheesner
08-11-2006, 08:39 PM
The way Rodgers is playing now is not the way he played in college.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=137499

How many fumbles did he have in college? ZERO. In two years of play, 113 receptions he never fumbled the ball.

I am not sure what is going on, but this is something that can be fixed. I think he is just intimidated, but that is something that he will overcome as he gets more comfortable.

I think he makes the team based only potential.[/url]

Partial
08-11-2006, 08:54 PM
I honestly don't know if I see Cory Rodgers making the team. It's early, yes. However, we drafted the guy to be our punt/kick returner, and he can't even field punts without a defense..What's it gonna be like when the opposing gunners are runnin straight at him tryin to knock his teeth out? :shock:

Who knows though. Some guys are gamers and suck it practice. Too early and impossible to judge.

MJZiggy
08-11-2006, 09:45 PM

Maybe when they get to that point, he'll stop thinking about it and just do it. Right now, he's trying to change the way he does stuff, and maybe when he stops trying to think it through, it will just come to him. If not, Woodson will do it.

sepporepi
08-12-2006, 03:49 AM
Wrong thread...

Bretsky
08-12-2006, 08:22 AM

:D

TT says he doesn't draft for "NEED", but he clearly did here. Who was that guy Wolf drafted purely for special teams and he looked lost from the start. Maybe Joey Jamison ? This may be him all over.

b bulldog
08-13-2006, 12:30 AM
Any pick for need is a wasted pick imo, the worst Wolf pick for need was Jon Michaels.