04-30-2011, 03:58 PM
Tough looking kid.
http://www.bluesbrotherscentral.com/images/profiles/characters/dan-aykroyd.jpg

Lurker64
04-30-2011, 03:59 PM
ESPN

Overall Football Traits:

Production: 3
2006: Redshirted. 2007: (12/0) 10 tackles, 1.5 TFL, 1 PBU. 2008: (13/9) 25 tackles, 8 TFL, 4 sacks, 1 INT, 1 PBU, 1 FF. 2009: (13/13) 44 tackles, 11.5 TFL, 10.5 sacks, 1PBU, 1 FF, 1 FR. 2010: (13/12) 49 tackles, 13 TFL, 11 sacks, 1 PBU, 1 FF.

Height-Weight-Speed: 3
Overall measurables are adequate. Top-end speed is slightly below average.

Durability: 1
Played in all 39 games (34 starts) during final three seasons.

Intangibles: 1
Possesses excellent teammate qualities. Upbeat personality and works extremely hard both on and off the field.

Defensive End Specific Traits [OLB in our system, take with a grain of salt]

Pass Rush Skills: 3
A speed-to-power rusher, however, lacks suddenness and quick twitch capabilities. Snap anticipation is inconsistent and can be late off the ball as a result. First step quickness is good but not elite. Flashes ability to run tight loop around edge but lacks elite torso flexibility to dip and shave the corner. Not much power when attempting to convert speed to power with bull rush attempt. In addition needs development as a counter puncher. Closing burst is more than adequate to get home and complete the sack.

Versus the Run: 4
Area of weakness. Plays a bit high and lacks a prototypical anchor to consistently stack the edge. Is too easily engulfed by bigger and more massive offensive lineman. Needs to show better use of hands to disengage when caught in a phone booth situation. Tight and struggles to quickly change direction. Angles are inconsistent in pursuit and can get caught out of position and miss tackles as a result.

Versatility: 4
Possesses just marginal size and will struggle to anchor against the run if lined up at traditional DE in a base 4-3 scheme at the next level. In addition, will have restrictions in space if forced to transition to a 3-4 OLB.

Instincts/Motor: 3
Instincts are average at best. Can be a second late to locate and react to the ball. Motor is good and usually finishes to the whistle. Hustles in pursuit and can factor in when closing from the backside.

Lurker64
04-30-2011, 04:00 PM
CBS Sports

Overview:
Elmore has been a leader of the Wildcat defense for the past three years, demonstrating outstanding effort and production, registering double-digit sacks in each of the past two seasons. As an NFL prospect, Elmore is strictly a 4-3 end prospect, too small for 3-4 end and too slow for outside linebacker. While his effort and intangibles are impressive, Elmore's lack of elite athleticism may prevent him from being anything more than a rotation backup at the next level.

Analysis:
Positives: Three-year starter at end for the Wildcats is a high motor prospect who led the Pac-10 in sacks each of the past two seasons. Relentless in pursuit of the quarterback. Can be very quick off the snap in spurts. Has a fast wide rush and a good inside move to counter. Recognizes plays well, and is a secure tackler. Played both right and left end as part of a three-man rotation as a senior. Team leader and high effort player.

Negatives: Quickness off snap varies considerably. Wasn't productive against top competition. Has trouble disengaging from blocks. Doesn't play with a lot of power. Not stout against the run, can be controlled and pushed around and lacks an inspiring bull rush. Can change directions but is neither fast nor overly agile.

Lurker64
04-30-2011, 04:01 PM
NFP

A tall, well-put-together defensive end who exhibits pretty good flexibility out of his stance and can keep his base down when coiling up off the line. Lacks a great first step and isn't a guy who can consistently threaten the edge or turn the corner. However, does a great job maintaining his balance into blocks, getting his hands up and extending his arms into contact -despite his lack of length-. Does a nice job keeping himself clean and showcases some violence with his hands. Loves to work the swat and rip in order to free himself and works endlessly in pursuit. Isn't a real explosive athlete, fails to be real sudden on any type of counter and just lacks a dynamic first step. However, he has some natural power and bend when trying to work his way toward the quarterback and can flatten out around an angle. Does a nice job maintaining leverage through the play and never stays blocked for long.

Possesses the ability to drop his pad level, extend his arms, gain leverage and anchor vs. the in-line run game. Isn't overly explosive when asked to stack and shed, but is very balanced and methodical in working himself free and closing lanes off his body. Now, can be sealed from the football and lacks the kind of power to simply overwhelm on contact and collapse from the outside. But works very hard and seems to really wear down opposing tackles as the game goes on, consistently gaining good leverage and hand position inside. Is a smart kid as well who finds the football with consistency and rarely takes himself out of plays.

Impression: A technically sound, methodical pass rusher who isn't overly explosive, but knows how to free himself off the edge and work his way toward the quarterback. Has the ability to initially help out as a rotation guy in a 4-3, but I don't see him as a potential starter.

Grade: 5.8 O (Has a deficient area of his playing or physical skills that will be DIFFICULT to overcome, but will contribute as a backup and spot player only. This prospect is an overachiever that grades out high in competitiveness, character and production.)

Lurker64
04-30-2011, 04:02 PM
SI

Biography: Three-year starter awarded all-Conference honors as a senior after totaling 49/13/11. Junior totals included 44/11.5/10.5.

Positives: "Productive college pass rusher with marginal size/speed numbers. Breaks down well, plays with good pad level, and gets off the snap with a quick first step. Uses his hands to protect himself, changes direction well, and keeps his feet driving up the field on contact. Deceptively strong, holds his ground against blocks, and flashes speed off the edge. Plays with good balance and works hard."

Negatives: Slow regaining playing form off the initial block. Has marginal closing burst and displays limited ability in pursuit.

Analysis: Elmore was a productive three-year starter and who made a lot of plays behind the line of scrimmage for Arizona. He lacks the size to line up in a three-point stance at the next level and does not possess the speed to be an outside linebacker. Elmore projects as a nickel pass rusher who could develop into a defensive end as he fills out his frame.

Projection: 5-6

Grade: 2.35 (Fence Player -- Prospect on the fence that has the skills and abilities to succeed but needs time and patience to develop those skills to the fullest. )

vince
04-30-2011, 04:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtE9qFonW7s

swede
04-30-2011, 04:16 PM
It's one thing for a DE to have thirty-inch vertical jump.

It is another to actually have a defensive end athletic enough to USE it on the field. Nice bat-downs!

vince
04-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Love the Elmore pick. He was sick at the combine and didn't post great numbers, but he's posted double digit sacks 2 years straight. He looks faster/more active than Zombo to me.

swede
04-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Love the Elmore pick. He was sick at the combine and didn't post great numbers, but he's posted double digit sacks 2 years straight. He looks faster/more active than Zombo to me.

I have been hanging around teenage boys too much. I couldn't reconcile how he could performed "sick" at the combine and yet have bad numbers. And then I realized you meant that he had been ill.

mission
04-30-2011, 05:21 PM
I have been hanging around teenage boys too much. I couldn't reconcile how he could performed "sick" at the combine and yet have bad numbers. And then I realized you meant that he had been ill.

Haha that's exactly what I thought too! But I'm now in my 30s so felt bad about thinking like a teenage boy! :lol:

This Elmore guy... isn't this the cat that people bagging on Brooks Reed was saying was better than him?

swede
04-30-2011, 05:25 PM
This Elmore guy... isn't this the cat that people bagging on Brooks Reed was saying was better than him?

Well it sure occurred to me, upon seeing Ricky's tape, that Brooks Reed's hype may have been brought about by the perfect storm of great hair, good tape due to bad blocking, and having other teams running away from Pretty Ricky Elmore all season.

green_bowl_packer
04-30-2011, 07:05 PM
FF to 2:10 for the origin of "Pretty Ricky is what they call him"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n1TLSx43i8

vince
04-30-2011, 09:23 PM
Kevin Greene's presser about Pretty Ricky. http://www.packers.com/media-center/audio/Mike-McCarthy-press-conference/ae59e72c-7431-40b2-a502-c29a786eb71c#?id=cf778f42-6159-4213-930e-e2cca3a46f15&channelName=Recent

Kevin Greene gives the greatest pressers of all time.