PDA

View Full Version : Rex Ryan: Jets would have beaten Packers in XLV

HarveyWallbangers
04-30-2011, 11:03 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/120993584.html

He doesn't come off quite like the @ss that the headline would have led me to believe. I didn't see Hard Knocks or whatever it's called. Maybe he really is an @ss. Some good stuff (some Packers and Wisconsin related) in the article.

Cheesehead Craig
04-30-2011, 11:11 PM
He's still a pompus ass. Must be great living in his dream world.

King Friday
04-30-2011, 11:22 PM
Yawn. The guy's fifteen minutes are about up...time to win or shut up.

Lurker64
04-30-2011, 11:42 PM
If the Jets, a team based around running and defense, can't beat the Packers at home, on grass, in the weather... they really don't stand a chance indoors on a fast track. In terms of team speed, the Jets are not a good team and they are at their very best when teams can't press their speed advantage.

jpompo
04-30-2011, 11:52 PM
And if my aunt had a penis she'd be my uncle. Dude throws in a jab at the entire state of Wisconsin basically calling the residents dumb. M3 1, lap-band 0

Packman_26
05-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Its too bad the Jets didn't have an opportunity to play in the Super Bowl. So the Packers and Steelers were picked at random, right?

Tarlam!
05-01-2011, 01:05 AM
And if my aunt had a penis she'd be my uncle.

BOMNF!! I will be stealing that with pride!!!

But, come on guys, this is Rex "I'm missing a coupla chromosomes" Ryan. I like him being in the league. He adds a heckuvalotta colour. And ya gotta admit, he and his team used great physco warfare on Hoody's and Brady's team.

I like this appraisal from the writer:
This is best understood as an expression of candor from an insouciantly optimistic, fiercely loyal and gregarious character.

I can go with that.

bobblehead
05-01-2011, 06:14 AM
Yea, we really should go to the college system so you don't have to win to get in the big game.

Give it up Rex, I don't live in the world of "woulduvs" and neither do you. NFL stands for not for long if you can't produce. Next year man up and actually get TO the super bowl and SHOW us what you can do instead of telling us.

Patler
05-01-2011, 07:54 AM
In 2008, when he was with the Ravens, Ryan recalls coach John Harbaugh looking for a strength and conditioning coach. Harbaugh told Ryan, who was at the Pro Bowl with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, to interview a candidate who was working with Green Bay.
Ryan had Lewis and Reed come to the second interview of the candidate, whom he does not name in the book.
"I wanted to see if he could stand up to them, if he could handle them," Ryan writes. "The guy never flinched. He was great, phenomenal. Now, some of his ideas were a little different because he had more of a baseball background, but you could see he was smart."

That would be Tom Lovat, who played baseball at Butler

Tony Oday
05-01-2011, 10:08 AM
I dont think the Jets CAN make the Super Bowl.

easy cheesy
05-01-2011, 10:43 AM
"You can choose to see this as an example of reckless bravado from an objectionably arrogant poser and gasbag."

I think the aforementioned quote from the article sums up this bilious bunghole perfectly!

Played this fun game (link below).... got 5200 points on my first outing.... don't know how great that is but I had Rex stone cold munchin' to be sure... lol!

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2010/12/11/1870057/hilarious-rex-ryan-snack-time-video-game

http://www.happyhourpolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/rex_brady.jpg

5200 sucks... played again and got 13,000... damn that boy can eat.... watch out for the veggies and the weights though...lol

OOOH OOOH.... if you get him to eat the burrito he farts and gains the ability to fly... AWESOME!

channtheman
05-01-2011, 11:10 AM
I don't know, his book at least sounds like it would be a fun read for me. He is an ass, but I like him.

gbgary
05-01-2011, 12:16 PM
he's an idiot if he thinks that qb of his could do better than ben, and especially AR, in that game.

digitaldean
05-01-2011, 01:19 PM
That fat gasbag deals in the "woulda, coulda, shoulda" world. So freakin' what? If Favre wouldn't have thrown a pick vs. the Giants we would've won in OT vs. the Giants and won the SB vs. the Pats. If the refs didn't screw us over on Rice's fumble, we wouldn't have lost to to TO and the Niners in Holmy's last year.
IF that lardbutt would deal in reality he would see his team didn't get the job done AGAIN in the AFCC game. He has to have his vaunted D step up and play big in the big games.
Until he actually DOES that, he's doing nothing but spewing crap.

swede
05-01-2011, 05:05 PM
I get the feeling the NFL wants to market the guy like a goofy load of fun, miking him up and giving him all kinds of attention.

In actuality he is a steaming pile of cellulite who reflects badly on the league.

mraynrand
05-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Rex Ryan is really good at sticking his foot - or his wife's foot - in his mouth.

Cheesehead Craig
05-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Enough with this thread, now let's go get a god-damn snack!

bobblehead
05-01-2011, 07:22 PM
I was just thinking, since Rex brought it up....the Bears probably would have beaten the Jets in the Superbowl...but now we are dealing in the bizzaro world, and superman is evil.

Patler
05-01-2011, 07:36 PM
The sports world is full of "almost champions." Nobody remembers them for long.
I suspect the Rex Ryan Jets will be soon-forgotten after he leaves.

Patler
05-01-2011, 07:38 PM
I was just thinking, since Rex brought it up....the Bears probably would have beaten the Jets in the Superbowl...but now we are dealing in the bizzaro world, and superman is evil.

Speaking of that, Superman is said to be renouncing his US citizenship! What's the world coming to???

SkinBasket
05-02-2011, 08:34 AM
And if my aunt had a penis she'd be my uncle

BOMNF!! I will be stealing that with pride!!!

I think Bert used that line in one of his highlight reels, but used balls instead of penis. It rolls of the tongue better.

get louder at lambeau
05-02-2011, 09:52 AM
If Rex Ryan was a Navy Seal, he would have gotten Bin Laden before 9/11 even happened.

denverYooper
05-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Duly noted and forgotten, Rexy.

Fritz
05-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Rex Ryan can lick my unwashed foot.

And he'd probably like it.

Tarlam!
05-02-2011, 11:06 AM
Rex is pumping his team up, nothing wrong with that. Why the animosity? There's a saying in Oz: Talk's cheap, money builds houses.

swede
05-02-2011, 12:01 PM
I think Bert used that line in one of his highlight reels, but used balls instead of penis. It rolls off the tongue better.

...balls instead of penis. It rolls off the tongue better.

I'll defer to you on this matter.

Guiness
05-02-2011, 08:27 PM
"You can choose to see this as an example of reckless bravado from an objectionably arrogant poser and gasbag."

I think the aforementioned quote from the article sums up this bilious bunghole perfectly!

Played this fun game (link below).... got 5200 points on my first outing.... don't know how great that is but I had Rex stone cold munchin' to be sure... lol!

5200 sucks... played again and got 13,000... damn that boy can eat.... watch out for the veggies and the weights though...lol

OOOH OOOH.... if you get him to eat the burrito he farts and gains the ability to fly... AWESOME!

Did you get far enough to eat Dungy off his high horse?:whaa:

Lurker64
05-02-2011, 08:31 PM
The sports world is full of "almost champions." Nobody remembers them for long.
I suspect the Rex Ryan Jets will be soon-forgotten after he leaves.

I think after Rex leaves NY, he'll land somewhere as a defensive coordinator. Just like his dad, he's almost certainly a better defensive coordinator than head coach.

gbgary
05-02-2011, 08:32 PM
I get the feeling the NFL wants to market the guy like a goofy load of fun, miking him up and giving him all kinds of attention.

In actuality he is a steaming pile of cellulite who reflects badly on the league.

i think he embarrasses the nfl and he's the last coach they would want to "market". he and his wife's sex life and swinging fantasies are the stuff the nfl tries to avoid like the plague. remember the wordrobe malfunction and the fallout since. i'll bet someone from the home office had some strong words for him in private.

Jimx29
05-03-2011, 10:34 PM
This knucklehead is coming up on Colbert report right now

mraynrand
05-04-2011, 11:37 AM
This knucklehead is coming up on Colbert report right now

Colbert better put his shoes back on

BlueBrewer
05-05-2011, 12:42 PM
No no no no, they mis quoted him. He said the Jets would have EATEN Green Bay in the superbowl.