PDA

View Full Version : NFL VIDEO...PACKER DRAFT ANALYSIS CLIP

Bretsky
05-06-2011, 06:42 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d81fb7474/Packers-draft-evaluation?module=HP_video

RashanGary
05-06-2011, 06:56 PM
I heard McGinn's scouts say Sherrod was a big stiff guy. I watched a full game of his, every snap (they had it on youtube). I thought those scouts were full of shit, the guy looked plenty athletic in the game.

Now I saw that combine vid. Yeah, he looked like a big stiff. But Clifton looks like a big stiff if he's running around cones too. OL it's more about balance and natural feet than it is about running around cones.

I tend to think those stiff comments don't mean quite as much as it seems.

swede
05-06-2011, 09:16 PM
They had a lot of nice things to say about our first three draft picks, but DJ Williams might be a valuable addition to the team as well. I think he is such a tweener size-wise that a lot of teams overlooked the fact that the kid is a talented offensive player.

Lurker64
05-06-2011, 09:25 PM
I don't like that Gosselin (who I respect greatly) pinned Rodgers's concussions last year on offensive line play. Both occurred when he was scrambling downfield and fought for yardage instead of running out of bounds or sliding. You really can't draft any number of offensive linemen to fix that. That's a problem with your quarterback.

Bretsky
05-06-2011, 10:51 PM
I'm sure this was caught by all.......but I got a kick out of............."Ted Thompson knows how to draft RB's" and then they used faulty examples

then they use examples of Edgar Bennett and Dorsey Levins as examples........hello experts.........those were Ron Wolf's picks

I think the only RB's TT has drafted have been Brandon Jackson in round two, Korey Hall in round six maybe.....FB Quinn Johnson in round three or four, and James Starks in round six

HarveyWallbangers
05-06-2011, 11:57 PM
Maybe Thompson was responsible for finding Levens and Bennett when he worked under Wolf?

Bretsky
05-07-2011, 01:28 AM
Maybe Thompson was responsible for finding Levens and Bennett when he worked under Wolf?

that would be an interesting point to find research on; never thought of that

Tarlam!
05-07-2011, 01:52 AM
that would be an interesting point to find research on; never thought of that

He's so damned modest, we'll never know who he scouted. We only know for certain that Wolf put him on #4.

Brandon494
05-07-2011, 10:39 AM
That was weak

Brandon494
05-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Virtually every general manager I contacted tipped his hat to Ted Thompson and the reigning Super Bowl champs in Green Bay. "(Derek) Sherrod, (Randall) Cobb, (Alex) Green, great picks early," one NFC GM said. "D.J. Williams and Ryan Taylor are good picks late. Taylor will help on (special) teams and Williams will be productive in their passing game if they need him. They just keep getting better."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d81fae47e/article/general-managers-weigh-in-with-which-team-had-best-draft

Deputy Nutz
05-07-2011, 11:33 AM
For first glances this looks to be a very good draft, one that mixed best player available and need. None of these guys needs to play right away and need to earn their playing time over more experienced players on the roster. I hate it when teams select a guy and automatically pencil him in as a starter, I think it curves the hunger pains a little pit. The more I watch of Sherrod the more I like him over Gabe Carimi. I was homer and wanted a Badger, but Sherrod is more athletic, has better feet and should be nice fit at left or right tackle. Carimi is a mauler and I love his playing style, he is going to be a great player for the Bears, but Sherrod could be another Clifton.