PDA

View Full Version : Vikings to announce Stadium Deal with Ramsey County

Tony Oday
05-10-2011, 03:07 PM
It is actually a pretty cool site, there will be room for tailgating and the like. Good move if it goes through I think people are sick of the downtown stadiums...I mean if the Packers suck worse case scenario you can get hammered and fed tailgating!

Kiwon
05-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Where's the money coming from?

swede
05-10-2011, 05:24 PM
What part of California is Ramsey County in?

pbmax
05-11-2011, 08:23 AM
What part of California is Ramsey County in?

Adjacent to Trojan, Magnum and Sheik counties.

Is it an open air, convertible or giant movie theater stadium?

Fritz
05-11-2011, 08:42 AM
Are they gonna have a ferris wheel and face-painting for the kids?

Tarlam!
05-11-2011, 08:46 AM
if the Packers suck!

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!!!!!!

3irty1
05-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Its a retractable roof and this is far from a done deal. Its just a proposal and they are still a half a billion short and want the rest from the state. Personally if I were a twin citier I would want the stadium at the farmer's market location downtown to keep the stadium in the cities entertainment district. Perhaps something with acoustics that aren't crap so that other events can happen there. Lord knows its the only way the city will get any entertainment out of it unless you're there rooting for the visiting team.

mraynrand
05-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Does it come with a retractable Brett Favre?

King Friday
05-11-2011, 11:45 AM
A billion? C'mon now Vikings...you don't like in a metropolis that can sustain a billion dollar stadium. I don't see this having a chance of happening unless the Vikings are going to foot the majority of the bill...which of course they won't want to do.

HarveyWallbangers
05-11-2011, 12:51 PM
It's actually a legit offer. I think the only hassling point is that the Vikings have offered to pay 40% and the County wants them to pay 50%. I could see them meeting somewhere in between. I expect the Vikings to get a deal. I hope they do. I want the rivalry to continue.

Cheesehead Craig
05-11-2011, 02:29 PM
Obviously the state funding part is the biggest hurdle. There needs to be major roadwork done that wasn't scheduled to be started for several years as it was. So moving that to the top of the list is one problem. Another is that the Republican controlled legislature isn't all that big on new taxes, at least that was the campaign slogans. MN is in a $5B hole on the budget so not too sure that the peeps are going to want the state to be putting the monies to the stadium.

They got 2 weeks to hammer this out with the state as the legisative session will end then for the summer.

TennesseePackerBacker
05-11-2011, 05:06 PM
I wish I could find the article I read with-in these last few months that talks about the absurd amount of money tax-payers throw in to these new stadium deals. Even the teams that front up to half of the money or more end up getting sweetheart deals, with no real payback to the tax-payer.

Such are these lovely times we live in.

TennesseePackerBacker
05-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Obviously the state funding part is the biggest hurdle. There needs to be major roadwork done that wasn't scheduled to be started for several years as it was. So moving that to the top of the list is one problem. Another is that the Republican controlled legislature isn't all that big on new taxes, at least that was the campaign slogans. MN is in a $5B hole on the budget so not too sure that the peeps are going to want the state to be putting the monies to the stadium.

They got 2 weeks to hammer this out with the state as the legisative session will end then for the summer.

The money would be far better served repairing their crumbling infrastructure. I guess bridge collapses aren't very high on their agenda though.

Freak Out
05-11-2011, 07:11 PM
What's Ramsey county's bond rating? 500 Million? Just a small increase in taxes...thats all.

MJZiggy
05-11-2011, 08:49 PM
The money would be far better served repairing their crumbling infrastructure. I guess bridge collapses aren't very high on their agenda though.
Oh sweetie! That bridge got replaced! Therefore their bridge needs have been satisfied into the next century. Infrastructure. Pfffttt!

mraynrand
05-11-2011, 11:00 PM
I always thought Ramses was supposed to be a hard ass to deal with

http://www.thorninpaw.com/u/htdocs/thorni/image/ramses09.jpg

HarveyWallbangers
05-11-2011, 11:20 PM

The Twin Cities have some of the best infrastructure of any metropolitan area. Unfortunately, I think people obviously dropped the ball on that one. They sure found the money. Unfortunately, it was after the 35-W bridge collasped.

Iron Mike
05-12-2011, 06:38 AM
I always thought Ramses was supposed to be a hard ass to deal with

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/gallery/1156566/photo_28.jpg

Fixed.

swede
05-12-2011, 07:40 AM
Fixed.

Okay, I can't see the image.

Knowing you, I'm going to guess it was this guy:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10959/2c20_1_sbl.jpg