PDA

View Full Version : The ugly truth

Pages : 1 [2]

retailguy
06-11-2011, 11:23 AM
That is a great structure RG but will it be able to happen? BTW MJZiggy will also be taking care of marketing/promotion stuff.

That's up to the membership and their willingness, I guess. Ziggy will be great at that, but now for sure she will need several volunteers to help her. Anyone willing? I'd also propose that PBMax team with Patler on the Discussion Champion role, and maybe Vince too.

MJZiggy
06-11-2011, 12:00 PM
That's up to the membership and their willingness, I guess. Ziggy will be great at that, but now for sure she will need several volunteers to help her. Anyone willing? I'd also propose that PBMax team with Patler on the Discussion Champion role, and maybe Vince too.

She will need several volunteers to help her...I will probably reach out to a few folks as soon as I figure out what the hell I'm doing (excuse the dust until I do), but if anyone's interested in having a role on the home page--even if you don't know exactly what role you might want--I need to hear from you. Maybe we need a stickied thread with a list like RG's list and folks can volunteer to take on what they want.

red
06-11-2011, 12:23 PM
what kind of help do you need zig? let me know, i might be willing.....

and for you, ready and able

SkinBasket
06-11-2011, 12:29 PM
I suggest we take a cue from our president and give all of these positions "czar" titles.

I also agree there should be a way to donate. And banning people should be made an event, where everyone gets to say goodbye or go fuck yourself until you die, and the condemned is given a chance for his/her last words. Then we send them a $5 giftcard for Applebee's so there's no hard feelings.

MJZiggy
06-11-2011, 12:45 PM
It looks like once I get everything figured out, it will take less time than the old software, but I'm working now, so I have less time to devote to it. I need folks who:

want to write (don't need to know what you want to write about, just that you like writing).
have photos (especially game day photos).
can help gbpackfan upload his photos (either tell him how or volunteer your photobucket skills for him and folks like him who need a hand).
are reading the homepage and thinking "I wish they had an article about ________" to fill in the blank and speak up.

I need people with blogs, facebook, and twitter accounts to post and tweet and let people know we're back. Not only now, but when the league and players quit being idiots and get back to business.
I need someone who likes to do research occasionally. (I have an idea and could use a hand)

And, of course, I always need stats people and prognosticators!

MJZiggy
06-11-2011, 12:47 PM
I suggest we take a cue from our president and give all of these positions "czar" titles.

I also agree there should be a way to donate. And banning people should be made an event, where everyone gets to say goodbye or go fuck yourself until you die, and the condemned is given a chance for his/her last words. Then we send them a $5 giftcard for Applebee's so there's no hard feelings.

I like that second part. :mrgreen:

SkinBasket
06-11-2011, 01:27 PM
You're a whore for Applebee's just like the rest of us aren't you? Nothing is as awesome as sub-microwave quality food and bartenders who don't know how to make any drinks.

Deputy Nutz
06-11-2011, 02:06 PM
FYI - I have suspended louderatlambeau because of one reason and one reason only. He owns another site so his shit stirring and BS are not ok when it comes to us discussing our forum. Once this is settled he will be taken off his time out and welcome back as a poster. I know this wont be viewed favorably but it is the kind of fucked up decisions that have to be made.

You are such a pussy. Back to threatening people to come to the "Poster Game" so you can fight them. You have been using that line for about 4 years now and if nothing else it shows just how fucking pathetic you are. You are the biggest hypocrite on this site, barking all the time, but because you threaten "your" posters from time to time you think it is ok. Jerk off.

I went to PM Louder at Lambeau and low and behold you blocked him, imagine that.

Some morons are going around still thanking you, and either they are just being nice, or they are half lit retards, you don't do fucking shit around here, hell Retail payed for the software that you were to lazy to work on for 6 months. you can't even fit the bill any more.

You are a tad bit more productive than I am with an internet forum, but that is only because I haven't ever created one.

HowardRoark
06-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Ok, I'll throw my ideas out there.

I propose the following:

A Systems Administrator
Head Moderator for each forum
Three Member Rat Council
Front Page Website Facilitator
Packer Forum Discussion Champion
Marketing/Reciprocal Link Promoter
Bloggers
A Forum Administrator (not a moderator)

Systems Administrator - The person that oversees the design and construction of the website. This will involve working with a minimum of 2 volunteers who will implement said changes. The systems admin will have complete discretion regarding look, feel and functionality of this website. My Pick - Madtown Packer. (2 open volunteer slots)

Head Moderator for each forum - These people will regulate topics, determine appropriateness and pass out any needed infractions. Their decisions to relocate posts or censor posts will be final. I recommend that the leader of the rat council will serve as head moderator of the Packers forum, and the two other members will act as Packer forum moderators. (My picks listed later)

Romper Room Moderator - My pick - Deputy Nutz
FYI Moderators - Should be two, one from each persuasion - My picks - Mraynrand & Hoosier
Other Forums - (Light Traffic) - My Pick - Bretsky

Three member Rat Council - These folks will serve as moderators for the Packers forum, but they will also handle all poster relations and decisions. These folks will make the decision to ban membership and their decisions will be final. I suggest a leader and two members.

Leader - My Pick - Guiness
Members - My Picks - GrnBay007, Skinbasket

Front Page Website Facilitator - This person will have complete control of the content placed on the main page. Volunteers can write articles, but user posts & blogs can also serve as front page material as they choose. As many folks as are interested can volunteer to assist.

My pick - MJ Ziggy

Packer Forum Discussion Champion - This person is responsible to engage the membership in talking Green Bay Packer football, year round. They can start challenging topics, or serve as a frequent commentator to encourage discussion of other users posts.

My Pick - Patler

Marketing/Reciprocal Link Promoter - This person will work with other forum websites, other websites, and off internet relations to promote the existence of and the popularity of the PackerRats community. A number of volunteers can assist in this area.

My Pick - Scott Campbell

Bloggers - These people will maintain Packer related blogs by writing articles, or promoting other posters material as appropriate. We can have a maximum of 10 volunteer bloggers.

My Picks - Vince, KY Pack, Bretsky

Forum Administrator - This person is only responsible for user activation, email response, user group maintenance, and all the other miscellaneous functions (non membership decision making). This person will implement any rat council decision related to membership, but will have no voice in the actual decision.

My Pick - Retailguy

A couple of other notes. The marketing role and the front page design are very difficult to do without some money available to them.

With regard to marketing, I recommend that we create a fund that users can make a donation to, but is also supplemented by banner ads, ONLY FOR FOLKS THAT ARE NOT LOGGED IN. This software supports that functionality, and disclaimers can and should be placed that the ads will disappear immediately upon logging in under your user name. Banner ads should NEVER be visible to logged in membership.

With regard to the front page, I have found a couple of image website that allow the use of paid, copyrighted images. In the beginning, fees are nominal, and I would commit to funding these images myself for the 1st year. After that, hopefully membership will be such that another revenue stream will be found to continue this. We can, of course, use our own, user donated, copyright legal images where appropriate.

I have not spoken with ANY of these people, and I have no current decision making authority. These are my recommendations, and I invite your comments.

He said member.

http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/images/wiki/wikipedia/en/f/f6/Butthead.gif

KYPack
06-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Well, that really takes some of the shine off things, eh Nutz?

I guess the whole Kumbaya spirit fades on your one post, Nutroll.

Much of what you say is true, Dep.

But it still won't kill this joint or anything.

You seem to have your own issues with Mad, probably from personal experience.

Go ahead and vent your balls off, that probably is part of the process. But lighten up a little, it looks like we might get things rolling again.

Muffucker.

GrnBay007
06-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Muffucker.

or Muddafukka! :)

I'm thinking me and u KY....front page.....he VS she weekly picks!

red
06-11-2011, 05:28 PM

GREAT IDEA dub-o!!!!!!!

man vs. woman STRIP football picks. loser each week removes another article of clothes and posts a picture of it on the front page. glad you volunteered yourself and KY for it

i second that idea, and i'm sure B will third it.

ok, we need more people to get involved like these two troopers

KYPack
06-11-2011, 05:36 PM

You got it, my Packer Queen.

Public humiliation as always been my strong suit.

I will make some filthy remarks about this challenge when I think of something funny.

Brando19
06-11-2011, 09:03 PM
You are such a pussy. Back to threatening people to come to the "Poster Game" so you can fight them. You have been using that line for about 4 years now and if nothing else it shows just how fucking pathetic you are. You are the biggest hypocrite on this site, barking all the time, but because you threaten "your" posters from time to time you think it is ok. Jerk off.

I went to PM Louder at Lambeau and low and behold you blocked him, imagine that.

Some morons are going around still thanking you, and either they are just being nice, or they are half lit retards, you don't do fucking shit around here, hell Retail payed for the software that you were to lazy to work on for 6 months. you can't even fit the bill any more.

You are a tad bit more productive than I am with an internet forum, but that is only because I haven't ever created one.

Mad does have a temper...but he's Mexican! What do you expect?!? lol But seriously, he's trying to get this place back to the way it used to be. I don't have a problem with louderatlambeau as a poster...he seems like a cool Packer fan. BUT...he was promoting his site on this one. That's like the owner of Ben and Jerry's going to Dairy Queen and handing out coupons. Mad is burned out, but he said earlier he's trying to regroup and get back to working on this site and he even has a thread for suggestions so let's just cut him some slack and let it be.

RashanGary
06-11-2011, 10:59 PM
Kudos go out to Justin Harrell, who was the only guy (I believe) to figure it out. I think in the end, Joe talked him out of his opinion, but he got it. Or at least, he was the only one to make the accusation. Congrats Justin. There is one other person who can confirm that what I’ve told you is true. They can speak up if they wish, or forever remain silent. It’s entirely up to them.

Thanks for the kudos. . . . .

but. . . . . you butthole!

And for the record, I never disliked you all. I was just one messed up dude for a long time. You guys got the brunt of that a bunch of times. To quote you, "I don't know what I don't know" or didn't know. Now I know or at least have an idea. It's been a hell of a last 9 months for me, I'll say that.

Since everyones coming clean, sorry you guys had to deal with such a nutter and thanks to madtown for seeing through by nutter exterior and knowing I was just messed up, not a bad guy.

Bretsky
06-12-2011, 12:52 AM
GREAT IDEA dub-o!!!!!!!

man vs. woman STRIP football picks. loser each week removes another article of clothes and posts a picture of it on the front page. glad you volunteered yourself and KY for it

i second that idea, and i'm sure B will third it.

ok, we need more people to get involved like these two troopers

Yes, I volunteer 007
but we got enough gals in here
Can't we just make it a woman vs woman pick strip tourney ?

red
06-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Yes, I volunteer 007
but we got enough gals in here
Can't we just make it a woman vs woman pick strip tourney ?

someone needs to find mazzin

Upnorth
06-12-2011, 11:12 AM
After 3 offseasons with tons of drama I was getting low on the male version of a soap opera, but this fill up the tank again. I have read this site since 2007 with out participating almost at all, but this is some amusing intrigue. I think this site will get a lot better now. Also thanks to all the regular posters here, you keep it a great site!

Bretsky
06-12-2011, 11:53 AM
you should return on post more UN; you were always a great poster

MJZiggy
06-12-2011, 04:01 PM
someone needs to find mazzin

Thanks, red, I think I've got it from here. And by the way, no one volunteers others for tasks without taking on some themselves. (I was going to say no one volunteers others for nudity without getting naked, but I don't need to see all that.)

Thanks 007 and KY! This could get interesting...

What else have we got?

red
06-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Thanks, red, I think I've got it from here. And by the way, no one volunteers others for tasks without taking on some themselves. (I was going to say no one volunteers others for nudity without getting naked, but I don't need to see all that.)

Thanks 007 and KY! This could get interesting...

What else have we got?

i guarantee, full frontal nudity on the front page will bring in the fresh blood

red
06-12-2011, 04:18 PM
we all know B has been stalking the bikini girls. how about a packerrats calender featuring the women of packrats AND the bikini gals

now that's a money maker

MJZiggy
06-12-2011, 04:36 PM
i guarantee, full frontal nudity on the front page will bring in the fresh blood

And we have a volunteer!

Oscar
06-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Think I'll jump in and start posting a lil more. This place has a great group of people and I hope it keeps going. Let me know if there's anything I can help with Sis.

MJZiggy
06-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Think I'll jump in and start posting a lil more. This place has a great group of people and I hope it keeps going. Let me know if there's anything I can help with Sis.
DUDE!!! You dropped off the face of the planet! Welcome home!

Guiness
06-12-2011, 05:02 PM
http://packerrats.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by red http://packerrats.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?p=594348#post594348)

And we have a volunteer!

God no. I've had enough with the new 'Rick Rolled' wannabe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY0xgRA_Sk0

HowardRoark
06-12-2011, 06:31 PM
How about a calendar of these women.......at his rate, we could have new one for each month.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/212/662/rodgersmiller_crop_340x234.jpg?1304982202

http://a2zkb.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/jessica-szohr-nude-sobe-lifewater.jpg?w=205

http://www.playerwives.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/si31.jpg

http://purplejesus.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/aaronrodgersgirlfriend001.jpg

Fritz
06-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Zig, I can write an occasional article.

And folks, you've got to see this site. Laugh at the wacky hijinks of the cast, featuring the madcap antics of the Skipper (Mad) and Gilligan (Retail), with a special secret lesbian scene between Marianne and Ginger (you fill in you two favorite female posters)! Guest appearances by the funny men of football, SC and Joe, and a watch too as the professor (Patler) gets drunk and uses profanity when Mr. Howell (Mraynrand) tries to set up a threeway with Mrs. Howell (uh, I dunno), an old blue dog, and the professor!

It's a barrel of laughs! You'll be rolling in the aisles!

vince
06-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Wow what a tangled web. The Rats never disappoint in the end. I'm willing to be a blogger as RG indicated as the season kicks in, and Zig let me know of any special projects you want help with.

red
06-12-2011, 08:45 PM
that would really be awesome if we could get 2 or 3 unique articles a week from you guys. i also once mentioned that to patler when "joe" was asking for someone to write something for the home page.

lets face it, we have maybe the most knowledgeable packer fan on the planet posting on this site, lets broadcast to the whole e-world that you can only find him here

also, would we have to find a way to copy write that stuff, or not?

i'd offer to write some stuff, but as any of you can clearly see. putting ideas down on paper or on a screen is not my strongest talent, and i would require a whole team of proofreaders to back me up. i'll leave it to you talented writers which we have more than enough of

red
06-12-2011, 08:51 PM
FYI, something is starting to work. right now we have 79 people looking at the site. 65 of them are guests

i don't remember the last time i saw that many on here

Fosco33
06-12-2011, 08:58 PM
How about a calendar of these women.......at his rate, we could have new one for each month.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/212/662/rodgersmiller_crop_340x234.jpg?1304982202

http://a2zkb.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/jessica-szohr-nude-sobe-lifewater.jpg?w=205

http://www.playerwives.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/si31.jpg

http://purplejesus.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/aaronrodgersgirlfriend001.jpg

I heard somewhere that the 2nd girl from the top (Sobe ad) is from Menomonee Falls. Being from Germantown, I'm automatically supposed to despise her... but I just can't.

Nice work ARod. Keep them coming :tup:

Deputy Nutz
06-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Mad does have a temper...but he's Mexican! What do you expect?!? lol But seriously, he's trying to get this place back to the way it used to be. I don't have a problem with louderatlambeau as a poster...he seems like a cool Packer fan. BUT...he was promoting his site on this one. That's like the owner of Ben and Jerry's going to Dairy Queen and handing out coupons. Mad is burned out, but he said earlier he's trying to regroup and get back to working on this site and he even has a thread for suggestions so let's just cut him some slack and let it be.

This is just the kind of shit that makes me want to puke. Mad fucks this place, nearly to death because of his bullshit, not ours. But he will be sure to tell you all how difficult we are and how tough we make his job running this place. And then, and trust me all this shit in this thread is another make believe bunch of bullshit between Mad and Retail to make you all think that Mad is really going to make a positive impact on this place again. It is another hoaks on their part to stir the pot in Mad's favor. Mad loves the little power trip this place gives him and this is just another in the line of him trying to play hero to all of us peons.

The joke will again be on all of us, because we are to stupid to recognize jerkoffs.

Deputy Nutz
06-12-2011, 11:16 PM
But for the rest of you, thank god you're taking all this so seriously, and thanks to Bretsky for keeping everything light and on the surface.

mraynrand
06-13-2011, 07:34 AM
that would really be awesome if we could get 2 or 3 unique articles a week from you guys. i also once mentioned that to patler when "joe" was asking for someone to write something for the home page.

lets face it, we have maybe the most knowledgeable packer fan on the planet posting on this site, lets broadcast to the whole e-world that you can only find him here

also, would we have to find a way to copy write that stuff, or not?

i'd offer to write some stuff, but as any of you can clearly see. putting ideas down on paper or on a screen is not my strongest talent, and i would require a whole team of proofreaders to back me up. i'll leave it to you talented writers which we have more than enough of

Sentences should start with a capital letter and never should they end with a preposition. Otherwise you're gold.

retailguy
06-13-2011, 08:21 AM
And then, and trust me all this shit in this thread is another make believe bunch of bullshit between Mad and Retail to make you all think that Mad is really going to make a positive impact on this place again. It is another hoaks on their part to stir the pot in Mad's favor.

I figured this would be alleged at some point. No reason to believe me, but what I've told you is true and exactly the way it happened. I have not had administrator access to the forum since 5/20, and have no access today. Not sure how I can convince you, but if you let me know what I can tell you, or do, I'll do that.

retailguy
06-13-2011, 08:21 AM
dp

Fritz
06-13-2011, 09:23 AM
dp - doesn't that mean "double penetration"? Or am I on the wrong site?

Patler
06-13-2011, 10:34 AM
I figured this would be alleged at some point. No reason to believe me, but what I've told you is true and exactly the way it happened. I have not had administrator access to the forum since 5/20, and have no access today. Not sure how I can convince you, but if you let me know what I can tell you, or do, I'll do that.

You can't, and that is the problem. Your credibility is suspect at this point. I'm not complaining or criticizing, just stating the fact as I see it. Only time will (can) resolve it.

retailguy
06-13-2011, 01:29 PM
You can't, and that is the problem. Your credibility is suspect at this point. I'm not complaining or criticizing, just stating the fact as I see it. Only time will (can) resolve it.

Wouldn't care if you were criticizing, and I agree. But at this point, all I can do it tell it like it is, and that's what I've done.

Deputy Nutz
06-13-2011, 05:06 PM
certain people have already gotten PMs from a certain somebody telling the poster that they were going to "take back the forum" and "Shit is about to go down". Somebody wants to be the white knight(pardon the pun), and it ain't Retail.

Brando19
06-13-2011, 08:32 PM
This is just the kind of shit that makes me want to puke. Mad fucks this place, nearly to death because of his bullshit, not ours. But he will be sure to tell you all how difficult we are and how tough we make his job running this place. And then, and trust me all this shit in this thread is another make believe bunch of bullshit between Mad and Retail to make you all think that Mad is really going to make a positive impact on this place again. It is another hoaks on their part to stir the pot in Mad's favor. Mad loves the little power trip this place gives him and this is just another in the line of him trying to play hero to all of us peons.

The joke will again be on all of us, because we are to stupid to recognize jerkoffs.

Dude....noone is forcing you to stay here!! My post makes you want to puke? I don't say that shit about your posts. Can I not have an opinion?

Deputy Nutz
06-13-2011, 09:06 PM
Dude....noone is forcing you to stay here!! My post makes you want to puke? I don't say that shit about your posts. Can I not have an opinion?

Sure you can have an opinion and my opinion is that your opinion makes me vomit, sorry. I just wish some of you would open your eyes and stop throwing around praise and thanks when you should tell people to stop fucking up a good thing.

GrnBay007
06-13-2011, 10:24 PM

Can't we respond with a double quote here? lol Put that on the bucket list....or at least tell me how! :)

Anyway, nutty buddy :) The reason I don't believe the thread is a bunch of BS is this....when Mad announced he was "selling" the site we had a brief conversation and without saying anything directly I believed somehow he was still going to be a part of it. Then one day, completely by accident (and my extreme 007 skills) :) I found a tiny slip they made. They explained things and I found it to be no big deal and obviously kept quiet. Shit happens and people get busy with life and sometimes need a little help. Now that everything is out there I can't understand why anyone would criticize what happened....or at least why. Maybe you or I would have dealt with things differently but bottom line is this.....we don't pay for the site!! Kudos to everyone chipping in to open another new and exciting chapter of the dysfunctional Rat family. Hell, some of us have been poster buddies for close to 10 yrs. now. Sure Mad has a temper...that's him! And over the years I'm sure some have continued to return just to hear what the Mad Mexican had to say next...lol I've had my arguments with him behind the scenes through the years...F bomb flying and all...lol But in the end he's always the real deal and a good friend. I'm glad things are out in the open and like I said before, I'm glad he's finally looking for help and people seem eager to help out.

pasquale
06-13-2011, 10:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMxH7JLVdhc

Joemailman
06-13-2011, 11:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCjusoIeQdc&feature=player_embedded

Zool
06-14-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm gone for 5 days and look what happens. It's already starting to feel like home again. Now that the reigns are loosed, this place should return to its normal dysfunctional state. Welcome back fucktards. I've missed you all.

Scott Campbell
06-14-2011, 04:35 PM
FYI - I have suspended louderatlambeau because of one reason and one reason only. He owns another site so his shit stirring and BS are not ok when it comes to us discussing our forum. Once this is settled he will be taken off his time out and welcome back as a poster. I know this wont be viewed favorably but it is the kind of fucked up decisions that have to be made.

OH MY GAWDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE HE DID THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S ALMOST LIKE IN HARRY POTTER, WHEN HE UTTERED THE WORD "VOLDEMORT".

So is everyone ok? And dead babies or anything?

Bretsky
06-14-2011, 05:10 PM
It seems like Partial should be a part of all of this; you guys want me to go find him and get him back here ? Occasionally I get his technology views on Facebook

SkinBasket
06-14-2011, 07:50 PM
It seems like Partial should be a part of all of this; you guys want me to go find him and get him back here ? Occasionally I get his technology views on Facebook

I think it's up to you. Apparently nutz has him on his ignored list on facebook.

Lurker64
06-14-2011, 08:02 PM
I guess I can't "take off posting during the lull between the draft and the start of camps" anymore.

Joemailman
06-14-2011, 08:16 PM
Bring Back Tex. I want to here about how only an incredible string of bad luck could prevent the Packers from winning the next 10 Super Bowls.

hoosier
06-14-2011, 09:25 PM
Bring Back Tex. I want to here about how only an incredible string of bad luck could prevent the Packers from winning the next 10 Super Bowls.

Are you envisioning a seance or a resurrection?

Bretsky
06-14-2011, 09:43 PM

On the other hand, we won the SB because we were lucky dammit......that was Tex Patented for SB Winners

Deputy Nutz
06-15-2011, 12:55 AM
Can't we respond with a double quote here? lol Put that on the bucket list....or at least tell me how! :)

Anyway, nutty buddy :) The reason I don't believe the thread is a bunch of BS is this....when Mad announced he was "selling" the site we had a brief conversation and without saying anything directly I believed somehow he was still going to be a part of it. Then one day, completely by accident (and my extreme 007 skills) :) I found a tiny slip they made. They explained things and I found it to be no big deal and obviously kept quiet. Shit happens and people get busy with life and sometimes need a little help. Now that everything is out there I can't understand why anyone would criticize what happened....or at least why. Maybe you or I would have dealt with things differently but bottom line is this.....we don't pay for the site!! Kudos to everyone chipping in to open another new and exciting chapter of the dysfunctional Rat family. Hell, some of us have been poster buddies for close to 10 yrs. now. Sure Mad has a temper...that's him! And over the years I'm sure some have continued to return just to hear what the Mad Mexican had to say next...lol I've had my arguments with him behind the scenes through the years...F bomb flying and all...lol But in the end he's always the real deal and a good friend. I'm glad things are out in the open and like I said before, I'm glad he's finally looking for help and people seem eager to help out.

I never have had problems with you, and I ain't gonna start. Madtown has a way of playing the sympathy card with a lot of people and he likes to make sure he lets everyone know that he owns this site, and works this site, especially when the shit hits the fan. People can help out, but it will still be Mad's forum and people are gonna learn that Mad likes to take but gives very little. I am sick of Mad's little games. If he is burnt out then he should have given away the site to someone wanted to run it, wash his hands of it. I know Ziggy wanted to run it and would have gotten any help that she needed, but he instead played a silly little game making up a fake Admin, and trying to fool all of us that he sold the site. It wasn't good for anyone.

Mad had defended me in the past, especially with the Tophat situation, but was it because of my writing or protecting his property? When I posted my article I gave ownership to Mad, and I was happy to do it, but it wasn't mine. The only way I would ever help this site would be if Mad gave up part of his ownership to the people that would actually do the legwork to make this site a success.

mraynrand
06-15-2011, 07:43 AM
OH MY GAWDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE HE DID THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S ALMOST LIKE IN HARRY POTTER, WHEN HE UTTERED THE WORD "VOLDEMORT".

So is everyone ok? And dead babies or anything?

Unbelievable. The shit stirring was started by me, looking at traffic at other sites. GLAL's site has some good things (open forums) and some bad things (no personality). It is by constantly looking around and seeing what works that improvements can be made. Not by banning presumed threats. Paranoia will destroya!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3OVaCDLc9M

mraynrand
06-15-2011, 07:47 AM
Another perspective:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSKKvnA47aU&feature=related

Scott Campbell
06-15-2011, 08:12 AM
Unbelievable. The shit stirring was started by me, looking at traffic at other sites. GLAL's site has some good things (open forums) and some bad things (no personality). It is by constantly looking around and seeing what works that improvements can be made. Not by banning presumed threats. Paranoia will destroya!

We musn't give into the evil temptations of other Packer sites. You'll burn in the FIERY DEPTHS OF HELL FOR THIS!

Fosco33
06-15-2011, 08:19 PM
Not that it matters much, Nutz.... but MTP is the only person I've ever met on this forum - so for all I know you ppl are a bunch of crazy avatars with creative writing skills.

And for that - I know he's a good guy and way different than I'd have expected from postings and the notion of a controlling czar of a Packer forum.

Lastly - I thought the approach was fine and realize that maintaining a site like this with little/no help and no pay is not enviable especially while balancing shit that happens with life.

If I was lumped into the obeying masses and ignorant dumbasses, so be it. I just like reading about the Pack and debating stupid trival shit about the game/team I love.

Scott Campbell
06-15-2011, 08:59 PM

After careful consideration, I have to agree with Nutz. While not solely to blame, the brunt of the fault for the current state of PackerRats has to lay at Madtown's feet. There is no leadership. There is no vision. There is no execution. Much of the life has been sucked out of this place. And if not for the efforts of the people who actually provide the content at this site, there would be nothing left of it at all.

Sorry Mad - it's true.

MadtownPacker
06-15-2011, 09:14 PM
I never have had problems with you, and I ain't gonna start. Madtown has a way of playing the sympathy card with a lot of people and he likes to make sure he lets everyone know that he owns this site, and works this site, especially when the shit hits the fan. People can help out, but it will still be Mad's forum and people are gonna learn that Mad likes to take but gives very little. I am sick of Mad's little games. If he is burnt out then he should have given away the site to someone wanted to run it, wash his hands of it. I know Ziggy wanted to run it and would have gotten any help that she needed, but he instead played a silly little game making up a fake Admin, and trying to fool all of us that he sold the site. It wasn't good for anyone.

Mad had defended me in the past, especially with the Tophat situation, but was it because of my writing or protecting his property? When I posted my article I gave ownership to Mad, and I was happy to do it, but it wasn't mine. The only way I would ever help this site would be if Mad gave up part of his ownership to the people that would actually do the legwork to make this site a success.I really dont care what you are sick of but you are a member, a true member of this site and you can say whatever. You have no right to talk/judge/criticize about anything I have done after you violated Partial's privacy so fuck you. See, that is me saying whatever I want.

I defended you for both reasons. Of course I dont want anyone just ganking the homepage and not giving props but that also includes you. How would it not? You took your time to do it and you do it good. I have always wanted you to take on that kind of roll because you know your shit and you have a flair that not many do. Too bad you expect me to give up something that I have put significant time and money into over 5 years. You may belittle that and say I cant foot the bill but isnt the place running? Arent you able to post? The same efforts you downplay allow you to talk shit. I have never asked for any money from anyone. The only money I have ever made on the site I spent on the tailgate tickets for the first PR Posters game. I could have swore you drank a brew and ate something there but maybe it was just another dirty Whiteboy.

MadtownPacker
06-15-2011, 09:23 PM
After careful consideration, I have to agree with Nutz. While not solely to blame, the brunt of the fault for the current state of PackerRats has to lay at Madtown's feet. There is no leadership. There is no vision. There is no execution. Much of the life has been sucked out of this place. And if not for the efforts of the people who actually provide the content at this site, there would be nothing left of it at all.

Sorry Mad - it's true.
Fuck your "sorry mad" BS. If you werent so busy stirring shit you would have read my post where I agree with Nutz. I didnt tend to this place and it fell. You think if I had that would be the case? You talk from a high perch but I have never seen you offer to help in any way and in fact have shown disloyalty to this forum throughout the years IMO.

But if you agree with Nutz you are right. There is no leadership, no vision, no execution, only the posters that give a fuck. That is about to change. You are either with it or against it.

MadtownPacker
06-15-2011, 09:26 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3OVaCDLc9M
You are talkikng alot of shit but forget this has always been the case. I have never been cool with promoting other forums here. Not going to start now.

Scott Campbell
06-15-2011, 09:30 PM
Fuck your "sorry mad" BS. If you werent so busy stirring shit you would have read my post where I agree with Nutz. I didnt tend to this place and it fell. You think if I had that would be the case? You talk from a high perch but I have never seen you offer to help in any way and in fact have shown disloyalty to this forum throughout the years IMO.

But if you agree with Nutz you are right. There is no leadership, no vision, no execution, only the posters that give a fuck. That is about to change. You are either with it or against it.

I think you'd make a fine poster. But you're a lousy owner. There's no shame in that. Like most people, you just don't have the skill or temperament to be effective in that role. Again, you'd make a fine and entertaining poster.

I suppose you'll take offense to this, and I suppose I would too. But it's my actual perception - no spin. The ugly truth.

Bretsky
06-15-2011, 09:35 PM
Let's move forward

There is no reason to throw arrows back and forth at this point. There was a point last summer I was so frustrated with some posters and some content in here I backed away for several months from being around but I'm glad that I returned. When the football season returns more posters will return as well. In the meantime, for the posters who are sticking around, and there are plenty of good ones...........

Let's move forward

Scott Campbell
06-15-2011, 09:39 PM
Let's move forward

That's a nice slogan. But it's a little empty with no leadership, no vision, and a Lions like track record on the execution.

What the fuck are we moving forward with?

MadtownPacker
06-15-2011, 09:40 PM
I have been the owner since the place started, and I was fine for everything except dealing with assholes like you until I got sick of it and quit. I dont want to deal with shit like that. For that you want to talk shit?

Dont talk to me like I dont know shit MFer. What skills do you have that you can offer this place since youre so fucking smart?

I just dont want to deal with personnel shit how hard is that to understand?

Scott Campbell
06-15-2011, 09:50 PM
I have been the owner since the place started.........................

Let's get something straight here. You were gifted an incredible member base from the word go due to the mass migration from JSO and CE refugee camp. Zippy the Chimp could have succeeded with what you were given. But you fucked it up. We had better content in April of 2006.

Why should the members who provide the content here believe that you won't fuck it up again?

MadtownPacker
06-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Im not gonna bother with you man. We are not gonna agree. So if you dont believe it then get on. No one is forcing you out or making you stay. This thread is about trying to fix things but by going along with you I am making them worse. If you have site suggestions or requests feel free to holler.

Scott Campbell
06-15-2011, 09:59 PM
Frankly, I hope you figure it out. I don't have much confidence that you will. And I'm in "show me" mode. I'm not inclined to put much effort into contributing here unless things improve. I suspect many people feel that way, as evidenced by the dwindling traffic and content.

mraynrand
06-15-2011, 10:28 PM
You are talkikng alot of shit but forget this has always been the case. I have never been cool with promoting other forums here. Not going to start now.

You should realize there's a difference between promoting and comparing. But paranoia can cloud your vision. Even with 'promoting' so to speak, there can be cross-fertilization. Banning those who 'promote' other sites only makes you look petty, particularly when they are friendly about it. That's probably why when you google "Packerrats" "Crybabies" shows up in the fourth hit. Even if it's from Tank/APB, your belligerent attitude sends a negative message. As a rank and file poster, it would be funny and unique. As the organizer of the forum, it's distasteful, inappropriate, and off-putting.

Partial
06-15-2011, 11:38 PM
Greetings and salutations.

Same stuff going on here a few years later. Some things don't change. Lots of bitching and moaning. Blah blah blah. Partial must be the moron after all.

The site doesn't have a (huge) problem. It's the lockout.

Quick updates on me:

I'm engaged to my long term girlfriend. My job is going really well. My social life is lacking. I have lost 55 lbs so that's something I'm really pumped up about. Still fat, though, I can't believe I ever let myself get like that. I'm playing club tennis and that's a lot of fun. I'm not as good as I wish I was. It's humbling.

I probably won't be back here much. I love this site and am very proud of what it's grown up to be. Proud to be one of the first people, and proud to be a moderator when it was first getting off the ground. I spent an unhealthy amount of time here, so being banned and forced out was ultimately a good thing. After a week or two after my second account was shut down, I stopped visiting all together and haven't been back in a very long time. I still keep in touch with Bretsky occasionally.

Thanks to Freakout for notifying me about this via Twitter.

You guys ever want to catch a game or a beer, I'm down.

Anyway, take it easy, and best of luck with this place. I wouldn't go around making wholesale changes. Training camp cures all.

GrnBay007
06-15-2011, 11:48 PM
Greetings and salutations.

Dayum, the boy still has 2+ x the posts I do!! :)

GrnBay007
06-15-2011, 11:55 PM
I never have had problems with you, and I ain't gonna start.

I'm not in to that....we've always been good and no reason for that to change. I've always thought u were one of the best here. I just think some things are worth getting worked up about and some are not. If this avenue provides any sort of enjoyment at all then why not go with the flow and see where it goes. There's really no potential loss if you think about it.

mraynrand
06-16-2011, 09:11 AM
I spent an unhealthy amount of time here, so being banned and forced out was ultimately a good thing. After a week or two after my second account was shut down, I stopped visiting all together and haven't been back in a very long time.

I can relate to the unhealthy part. Do you still post/blog somewhere? What do you do for Packer info? I have to admit that the info provided by some of the members here was always a huge attraction. PBmax, Fritz, Patler, Harv, and others were often ahead of any other site - until just recently...

Cheesehead Craig
06-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Come back Tyrone! I need someone to argue with about the Brewers!

Bossman641
06-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Partial,

Congrats on the engagement. You still in Milwaukee (I believe)??

Deputy Nutz
06-16-2011, 07:25 PM
I think you'd make a fine poster. But you're a lousy owner. There's no shame in that. Like most people, you just don't have the skill or temperament to be effective in that role. Again, you'd make a fine and entertaining poster.

I suppose you'll take offense to this, and I suppose I would too. But it's my actual perception - no spin. The ugly truth.

I whole heartedly agree, and instead of slinging mud at Mad and bitching at him, I would rather that this be my take on the whole matter. I can't say that I would enjoy Mad at the poster, but I would like him a whole hell of a lot more than as owner and primal dictator.

Deputy Nutz
06-16-2011, 07:41 PM
I really dont care what you are sick of but you are a member, a true member of this site and you can say whatever. You have no right to talk/judge/criticize about anything I have done after you violated Partial's privacy so fuck you. See, that is me saying whatever I want.

I defended you for both reasons. Of course I dont want anyone just ganking the homepage and not giving props but that also includes you. How would it not? You took your time to do it and you do it good. I have always wanted you to take on that kind of roll because you know your shit and you have a flair that not many do. Too bad you expect me to give up something that I have put significant time and money into over 5 years. You may belittle that and say I cant foot the bill but isnt the place running? Arent you able to post? The same efforts you downplay allow you to talk shit. I have never asked for any money from anyone. The only money I have ever made on the site I spent on the tailgate tickets for the first PR Posters game. I could have swore you drank a brew and ate something there but maybe it was just another dirty Whiteboy.

Listen I found a really funny picture of a guy in his spongebob shorts on a weight lifting forum, I wanted it as my avatar but it all didn't fit so I had to crop out some of it. I believe I also worked very hard at the Tailgate promoting Packerrats by advertising the website in the insides of portapotties. Those bumberstickers are a bitch to geeet off.

Tarlam!
06-16-2011, 08:55 PM
Well, for the record, I twice accused Joe of being Mad. RG must have answered, because there was outright denial. It never occured to me that Joe had 2 parts. Clever.

As for growth of the forum, well, it hasn't really been a priority. I miss almost all of our lost souls, though, there's only one poster's reemergance that would cause me to change forums.

If you want anything to grow, you need seed, soil and nutrients. Take a handful of posters that have/do run businesses, put 'em on a Skype call for an hour and you'd have a pretty good business plan.

I will remind you that non-profit doesn't mean the same as no income.

HowardRoark
06-16-2011, 10:10 PM
Come back Tyrone! I need someone to argue with about the Brewers!

Anybody been to The French Laundry lately? He was trying to get a job there about the time he got his ass booted. I think he was going to be a bus boy or valet or something.

HowardRoark
06-16-2011, 10:13 PM
111 people on Packerrats........?!?!??! In June?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbNidYYGjic&feature=related

Fritz
06-17-2011, 07:25 AM
Can't we all just get a schlong? Er, along?

mraynrand
06-17-2011, 08:39 AM
111 people on Packerrats........?!?!??! In June?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbNidYYGjic&feature=related

I think Mad changed the log in timer - unless you specifically log out, you are automatically kept logged in until August, 2038.

KYPack
06-17-2011, 08:52 AM
I think Mad changed the log in timer - unless you specifically log out, you are automatically kept logged in until August, 2038.

I thought the world was going to end in 2012?

At least, that's how I've been playing it with the credit card people.

mraynrand
06-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Have all the problems been solved?

MadtownPacker
07-03-2011, 09:37 AM
Looks like the timeout is fixed. The search should be working but no one has confirmed.

There doesnt appear to be a fix for you being a lilttle bitch.

red
07-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Looks like the timeout is fixed. The search should be working but no one has confirmed.

seems to be working alright

mraynrand
07-03-2011, 12:36 PM

You take criticism well

MadtownPacker
07-03-2011, 02:01 PM
You take criticism well
You take confrontation well.

Guess the scales are balanced in the end.:wink:

SkinBasket
07-05-2011, 10:31 AM

I got a new PM today from Tarlam. From 2006.

I also found a new member message waiting for me about 12 menus into the signature change tree.

Is that what you mean by fixed?

Joemailman
07-14-2011, 08:24 PM
GLAL discussing his banishment. http://packersnews.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12221

mraynrand
07-14-2011, 09:36 PM
GLAL discussing his banishment. http://packersnews.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12221

Do you want to be banned? :lol:

wootah
07-15-2011, 07:36 AM
Wow, this is one crazy thread. And crazy in the sence of Norman Bates. I'm relatively new here, but I like this place so here are my 2 cents;

1) Mad, if you want to make this work, there should be (a minimum of) rules.
http://www.martinfrost.ws/htmlfiles/april2007/lord_flies.jpg

Right now you're handing out warnings & bans in full Roger Goodell style; probably with good intentions, but still purely at random. It is unclear what is allowed and what not and you are the one who decides right or wrong as you please.
I'm not advocating to turn this into the next muzzled mainstream packerforum where you cannot discuss the owner or other members or where you cannot use foul language (CUNT!), quite the contrary; the craziness (in the sence of Ron Artest) is one of the things take makes this place worth visiting. But total anarchy won't work either so there should be some extremely basic level of 'justice' somewhere.
So go to another forum, c/p their rules, scrap almost everything in colaboration with some of 'the elderly' here. Post what's left of it in a sticky thread for everyone to see and that's that. There will still be criticism afterwards, but at least there will be some sort of transparancy in your actions.

2) Regarding the major technical issues and general maintenance of the forum; I understand this is one of the less pleasant tasks of being an owner, but it's still part of the job and it should be taken care of.

3) Sure it would be nice to have some new members, but I don't think PR should aim to become a big forum; it fills the bipolar knowledgeable-but-dysfunctional niche quit nicely. I expect a couple of new faces to pop up as soon as there actually will be football. All the bigger forums I visit are in a state of summersleep as well at this point; there is just not a whole lot going on to discuss.

Tarlam!
07-15-2011, 08:04 AM

hoosier
07-15-2011, 08:53 AM
Wow, this is one crazy thread. And crazy in the sence of Norman Bates.

I'm relatively new here, but I like this place so here are my 2 cents;

Mad, if you want to make this work, there should be (a minimum of) rules.

Right now you're handing out warnings & bans in full Roger Goodell style; probably with good intentions, but still purely at random. It is unclear what is allowed and what not and you are the one who decides right or wrong as you please.

I'm not advocating to turn this into the next muzzled mainstream packerforum where you cannot discuss the owner or other members or where you cannot use foul language (CUNT!), quite the contrary; the craziness (in the sence of Ron Artest) is one of the things take makes this place worth visiting. But total anarchy won't work either so there should be some extremely basic level of 'justice' somewhere.

So go to another forum, c/p their rules, scrap almost everything in colaboration with some of 'the elderly' here. Post what's left of it in a sticky thread for everyone to see and that's that. There will still be criticism afterwards, but at least there will be some sort of transparancy in your actions.

Regarding the major technical issues and general maintenance of the forum; I understand this is one of the less pleasant tasks of being an owner, but it's still part of the job and it should be taken care of.

Sure it would be nice to have some new members, but I don't think PR should aim to become a big forum; it fills the bipolar knowledgeable-but-dysfunctional niche quit nicely. I expect a couple of new faces to pop up as soon as there actually will be football. All the bigger forums I visit are in a state of summersleep as well at this point; there is just not a whole lot going on to discuss.

This post would have been absolutely incoherent if it weren't for the pig head on a stake. That thing really jumps out of the screen at you. Nice find.

wootah
07-15-2011, 09:03 AM
This post would have been absolutely incoherent if it weren't for the pig head on a stake. That thing really jumps out of the screen at you. Nice find.

Haha, thanks I guess. I made a longer post to start off with but when I wanted to make some adjustments I accidently deleted it all. Since I didn't feel like doing it all over again I just wrote the basic ideas. I'll try to group the 3 concepts for you if I can still edit it.

MadtownPacker
07-15-2011, 09:05 AM
Not sure why you think this belongs in this thread but I appreciate you keeping it in the Romper Room. If it spreads to the Packers area posters can expect it to get snixed.

MadtownPacker
07-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Wow, this is one crazy thread. And crazy in the sence of Norman Bates. I'm relatively new here, but I like this place so here are my 2 cents;

2) Regarding the major technical issues and general maintenance of the forum; I understand this is one of the less pleasant tasks of being an owner, but it's still part of the job and it should be taken care of.

3) Sure it would be nice to have some new members, but I don't think PR should aim to become a big forum; it fills the bipolar knowledgeable-but-dysfunctional niche quit nicely. I expect a couple of new faces to pop up as soon as there actually will be football. All the bigger forums I visit are in a state of summersleep as well at this point; there is just not a whole lot going on to discuss.
Thanks for saying your peace man. Lot of good ideas there.

mraynrand
07-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Haha, thanks I guess. I made a longer post to start off with but when I wanted to make some adjustments I accidently deleted it all. Since I didn't feel like doing it all over again I just wrote the basic ideas. I'll try to group the 3 concepts for you if I can still edit it.

I thought it was a good post

Scott Campbell
07-15-2011, 09:33 AM
Not sure why you think this belongs in this thread but I appreciate you keeping it in the Romper Room. If it spreads to the Packers area posters can expect it to get snixed.

Good idea boss!

HowardRoark
07-15-2011, 10:11 AM

Harlan is working diligently on the rules for this place. In fact, he is currently on sabbatical putting the finishing touches on the book. It would behoove us all to leave the man alone and stay out of the rule making business and stick to what we are good at: bi-polar posting.

Harlan Huckleby
07-15-2011, 11:18 AM
That pic made me think of "The Lord of the Flies." Or maybe its the forum that reminds me of that book. I still feel bad that Piggy got his glasses smashed.

edit: oh, that is from the movie. duh.

hoosier
07-15-2011, 11:52 AM

No need, I was really just throwing you a sincere compliment on the pigs head.

Joemailman
07-15-2011, 06:06 PM

I posted here because the subject of his banishment was raised earlier in the thread (Page 7). I wholeheartedly agree we don't want this discussed in the Packer forum.

Peace.

Deputy Nutz
07-18-2011, 01:32 PM

Joe should have the right to post it where he wants and you can go ahead and move it, but instead you have decided to protect your small penis at any cost and threaten banishment and deletion. What in the hell has happened to you?

MadtownPacker
07-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Joe should have the right to post it where he wants and you can go ahead and move it, but instead you have decided to protect your small penis at any cost and threaten banishment and deletion. What in the hell has happened to you?
Joe should have enough sense to post it in the right room ( which he did). We are all adults and shouldn't need a babysitter moving threads. Where did I threaten him?

You usually have a decent arguement not this time. What happened to you? Did skinbasket inject too much crybaby hormone into ur ass this weekend?

mraynrand
07-18-2011, 03:16 PM
. We are all adults and shouldn't need a babysitter moving threads.

QFT

http://www.justbird.net/images/wild-turkey-7.jpg

MadtownPacker
07-18-2011, 04:36 PM
QFT

Could you explain your meaning?

MadtownPacker
07-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Ah you are referring to the turkey thread. A timeless classic Im sure but I didn't move it, retail did and I'm guessing he had good reason.

Little Whiskey
07-18-2011, 05:52 PM
QFT

I was thinking it had somthing to do with jake......but didn't know who jake was, or is.

SkinBasket
07-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Ah you are referring to the turkey thread. A timeless classic Im sure but I didn't move it, retail did and I'm guessing he had good reason.

And now you're helpless to do anything about it.

At least retail manned up about this whole Joe thing. Looks like you're just going to use it as another excuse to be a lazy pansy.

retailguy
07-19-2011, 09:04 AM
And now you're helpless to do anything about it.

At least retail manned up about this whole Joe thing. Looks like you're just going to use it as another excuse to be a lazy pansy.

Well, yeah, I moved the turkey thread. From what I remember about it, mostly, it just mocked partial. I guess I don't disagree that there was some good information in that thread regarding how to work out, but, the personal partial bashing was over the top, even for an "outlaw forum", whatever the hell that is. To me at least, the good info was dramatically outweighed by the personal bashing, which as I recall included really unflattering photos.

Honestly, I'd move it again today if I felt I had the authority.

What I learned from that thread was how much nutz and ziggy know about the body and working out, which was something I didn't know. Instead of crusading to have that demeaning thread reborn, why don't you encourage them to start a new thread, or a blog about fitness? Lord knows I could use someone educating me about the right way to work out.

SkinBasket
07-19-2011, 10:01 AM
Well, yeah, I moved the turkey thread. From what I remember about it, mostly, it just mocked partial. I guess I don't disagree that there was some good information in that thread regarding how to work out, but, the personal partial bashing was over the top, even for an "outlaw forum", whatever the hell that is. To me at least, the good info was dramatically outweighed by the personal bashing, which as I recall included really unflattering photos.

Honestly, I'd move it again today if I felt I had the authority.

What I learned from that thread was how much nutz and ziggy know about the body and working out, which was something I didn't know. Instead of crusading to have that demeaning thread reborn, why don't you encourage them to start a new thread, or a blog about fitness? Lord knows I could use someone educating me about the right way to work out.

From what I recall, a lot of people contributed good information in that thread and Partial mainly looked silly because he didn't listen to good advice. In fact, from what I recall, Partial wasn't even posting in the thread anymore until he had one of his drunken mental breaks and ruined the thread for everyone else who was still participating in it.

If the bar for deleting (not moving, which I would have been fine with, as we were told deleting a thread would never happen) threads is Partial making an ass out of himself, then you might as well go ahead and fucking delete half the fucking forum. As far as your suggestion, retail, why should everyone who contributed to that thread have to reconstruct what they built just because someone idiot-bombed the thread or because you decided to apply your own code of justice to the content instead of the stated forum guidelines (which seemed to be the main motivation behind hiding behind a fake owner)? We know you guys have tried hard to protect Partial from himself for a few years, mostly out of feelings of friendship. Fine. Every forum needs a Vern. But erasing the contributions of others to that end was counterproductive and insulting to everyone else who posted.

Continuing to hide behind the decisions "Joe" made which run against the stated and historical goals and mission of this forum is cowardly, and more than a little dishonest.

MJZiggy
07-19-2011, 10:16 AM
Actually, I can't imagine why they want it back, but it could never exist outside the garbage can. Isn't that the thread that got Partial banned last time?

Starting fitness is not that hard. It's a five easy steps:

1. Go see your doc and make sure you don't have any hidden conditions you need to take into consideration.
2. Walk the dog for a little bit each day to get your body used to moving again.
3. Try to go a little further a little faster with each walk. Increase up to 30 minutes a day. You can then work up to running if you choose. I've read recently that an effective way to get into running is to just run short distances during your walk and try to increase the ratio of running to walking as you go. Only run if your doc says it's ok.
4. After a week, add in weight training. Always follow your body's natural movements and use your legs, not your back to press. Do each weight 8 reps and use enough weight each time that it is difficult to lift the last rep. Do three sets of 8. You do not have to do all three sets in a row. I always do abs as one set of straight crunches, then left obliques, then lower abs and right obliques. Repeat.
5. Each workout add enough weight to make that last rep difficult and if you're training for weight loss and endurance rather than body building, you can increase your reps instead.

This way you allow your body to become accustomed to working out and you minimize the amount of pain you have from overexertion. Now that you're working out, switch to whole grain bread, add in full servings (for a grownup) of fruits and veggies (if you don't have any, I planted my garden before I got laid off expecting to take the overflow to work. I'm drowning in veggies here) and pay attention to the other stuff you're eating. You don't have to do anything, just pay attention.

retailguy
07-19-2011, 10:22 AM
From what I recall, a lot of people contributed good information in that thread and Partial mainly looked silly because he didn't listen to good advice. In fact, from what I recall, Partial wasn't even posting in the thread anymore until he had one of his drunken mental breaks and ruined the thread for everyone else who was still participating in it.

If the bar for deleting (not moving, which I would have been fine with, as we were told deleting a thread would never happen) threads is Partial making an ass out of himself, then you might as well go ahead and fucking delete half the fucking forum. As far as your suggestion, retail, why should everyone who contributed to that thread have to reconstruct what they built just because someone idiot-bombed the thread or because you decided to apply your own code of justice to the content instead of the stated forum guidelines (which seemed to be the main motivation behind hiding behind a fake owner)? We know you guys have tried hard to protect Partial from himself for a few years, mostly out of feelings of friendship. Fine. Every forum needs a Vern. But erasing the contributions of others to that end was counterproductive and insulting to everyone else who posted.

Continuing to hide behind the decisions "Joe" made which run against the stated and historical goals and mission of this forum is cowardly, and more than a little dishonest.

I am not hiding behind anything. I moved it, and I'm telling you that I'd move it today just the same.

I don't have any idea "what the goals of this forum are", and today, I don't pretend to know. I know what I consider decent and not decent. That thread was not decent based on the actions of a few. Such is life.

Quite honestly there are plenty of threads that ought to get moved. They don't. Life isn't fair. Sometimes it gets done right, and sometimes it doesn't. I believe I got this one right. You disagree. You have that right. I've heard you and I understand where you're coming from. No longer my call as to what to do with it. All I'm saying is that if it was my call, I'd leave it where it was, or I'd move it back there again if it was still active.

My reasons for moving it really didn't have anything to do with partial. I'd like to believe I'd have moved it if it were anyone else. Instead of criticism for his choices, it degenerated into personal criticism. I didn't think that there was a place for that here. Maybe there is and I'm mistaken? That's for you to judge I guess.

Zool
07-19-2011, 11:06 AM
I am not hiding behind anything. I moved it, and I'm telling you that I'd move it today just the same.

I don't have any idea "what the goals of this forum are", and today, I don't pretend to know. I know what I consider decent and not decent. That thread was not decent based on the actions of a few. Such is life.

Quite honestly there are plenty of threads that ought to get moved. They don't. Life isn't fair. Sometimes it gets done right, and sometimes it doesn't. I believe I got this one right. You disagree. You have that right. I've heard you and I understand where you're coming from. No longer my call as to what to do with it. All I'm saying is that if it was my call, I'd leave it where it was, or I'd move it back there again if it was still active.

My reasons for moving it really didn't have anything to do with partial. I'd like to believe I'd have moved it if it were anyone else. Instead of criticism for his choices, it degenerated into personal criticism. I didn't think that there was a place for that here. Maybe there is and I'm mistaken? That's for you to judge I guess.

The garbage can is an anything goes area as far as I've understood.

SkinBasket
07-19-2011, 11:55 AM
The garbage can is an anything goes area as far as I've understood.

That combined with the proclamation when we arrived that content would never be deleted, just moved to the appropriate place if need be, raises the question of: WTF?

Retail, I'm not trying so much to indict you on anything here. Like you said, I think you made a decision that sucked balls. But at the time, you were allowed that kind of freedom from our customs by hiding behind the "new owner" with his "new vibe" who wasn't beholden to the rules we agreed on when we set up shop here. It was a cheap, cowardly way to be a dick.

I was saying it's cowardly and disingenuous for Madtown to now say there's nothing he's willing/able to do about it now. But it seems the rebirth of Madtown's reign has a heavy dose of afterbirth that smells just like he did when he pretended to run away before. It's not surprising that the same rules he established he also ignored at his convenience. It's just kind of pathetic. Of course, like everything else he decides he doesn't like, the rules, or what was left of them, no longer exist. So whatever. I guess he gets to be right because he says so. Like I said, it's just pathetic is all and I happen to believe the rest of the people here deserve better.

Deputy Nutz
07-19-2011, 11:58 AM

That was the problem, you ain't "Outlaw" enough for a place like this. NOW GIVE ME BACK MY TURKEY!!!

retailguy
07-19-2011, 12:16 PM
That combined with the proclamation when we arrived that content would never be deleted, just moved to the appropriate place if need be, raises the question of: WTF?

Retail, I'm not trying so much to indict you on anything here. Like you said, I think you made a decision that sucked balls. But at the time, you were allowed that kind of freedom from our customs by hiding behind the "new owner" with his "new vibe" who wasn't beholden to the rules we agreed on when we set up shop here. It was a cheap, cowardly way to be a dick.

I was saying it's cowardly and disingenuous for Madtown to now say there's nothing he's willing/able to do about it now. But it seems the rebirth of Madtown's reign has a heavy dose of afterbirth that smells just like he did when he pretended to run away before. It's not surprising that the same rules he established he also ignored at his convenience. It's just kind of pathetic. Of course, like everything else he decides he doesn't like, the rules, or what was left of them, no longer exist. So whatever. I guess he gets to be right because he says so. Like I said, it's just pathetic is all and I happen to believe the rest of the people here deserve better.

I don't take any of this as personal.

Look, I understand the reasons for Joe. This topic is a perfect reason for it. I've talked to MTP a lot over the last two years. I know him pretty well. At the end of the day, all he wanted to do was talk football and shit with his online buddies. There is a part of him that also loves running this website. Maybe you can't have both. He's trying to do that.

But the last few pages of this thread are proof that he can't be an admin and just talk crap with his buddies. You guys won't allow that. If he reinstates that thread, then, he can't delete anything else, ever. If he doesn't, it's all you'll bring up.

Does he have some power and control issues? Probably. In spite of that he's a good guy. I like him a lot even though I'm still frustrated with what happened. But going on and on about this thread? Not reasonable in my opinion. In retrospect, I wish I had blown it away instead of just deleting it.

As to the GC - again, I think personal attacks are out of bounds, and not appropriate there either. But my rules no longer apply. I honestly hope that most members here wouldn't personally attack someone, even in the GC. But hey, that's just me. I did it a few times, mostly in anger and frustration. I hope I never do it again, and one of the few things that I regret in my time here are those attacks.

retailguy
07-19-2011, 12:17 PM
That was the problem, you ain't "Outlaw" enough for a place like this. NOW GIVE ME BACK MY TURKEY!!!

I think I'll wear that "not enough of an outlaw" badge with pride.

Tarlam!
07-19-2011, 12:32 PM
I can't believe you guys are arguing about the turkey, a symbolic icon of unity in the USA.

Harlan Huckleby
07-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Ben Franklin lobbied for the turkey to be our national symbol.

“ For my own part I wish the Bald Eagle had not been chosen the Representative of our Country. He is a Bird of bad moral character. He does not get his Living honestly. You may have seen him perched on some dead Tree near the River, where, too lazy to fish for himself, he watches the Labour of the Fishing Hawk; and when that diligent Bird has at length taken a Fish, and is bearing it to his Nest for the Support of his Mate and young Ones, the Bald Eagle pursues him and takes it from him.
With all this Injustice, he is never in good Case but like those among Men who live by Sharping & Robbing he is generally poor and often very lousy. Besides he is a rank Coward: The little King Bird not bigger than a Sparrow attacks him boldly and drives him out of the District. He is therefore by no means a proper Emblem for the brave and honest Cincinnati of America who have driven all the King birds from our Country...

I am on this account not displeased that the Figure is not known as a Bald Eagle, but looks more like a Turkey. For in Truth the Turkey is in Comparison a much more respectable Bird, and withal a true original Native of America... He is besides, though a little vain & silly, a Bird of Courage, and would not hesitate to attack a Grenadier of the British Guards who should presume to invade his Farm Yard with a red Coat on.

MJZiggy
07-19-2011, 01:30 PM
Actually, he has a point there. I've met a turkey who, unhappy with my presence, did a remarkable job defending his turf...

mraynrand
07-19-2011, 01:57 PM
"For my own part I wish the Bald Eagle had not been chosen the Representative of our Country. He is a Bird of bad moral character. He does not get his Living honestly. You may have seen him perched on some dead Tree near the River, where, too lazy to fish for himself, he watches the Labour of the Fishing Hawk; and when that diligent Bird has at length taken a Fish, and is bearing it to his Nest for the Support of his Mate and young Ones, the Bald Eagle pursues him and takes it from him. "

Lions do this to hyenas too. The school bully used to do this with school lunch money too, until I kicked the shit out of him!

SkinBasket
07-19-2011, 01:57 PM
But the last few pages of this thread are proof that he can't be an admin and just talk crap with his buddies. You guys won't allow that. If he reinstates that thread, then, he can't delete anything else, ever. If he doesn't, it's all you'll bring up.

I think most people are fine letting madtown be madtown. But when he acts like an asshat, he'll be treated like an asshat, like anyone else here should be.

I would be happy that he couldn't delete anything, outside of personal information. That's what he promised. That's why it continues to be brought up, just like Tony the pubic louse at CE. We have methods to deal with uncouth behavior in a much more specific way that just fucking erasing a dozen or two pages of conversation. Like I said, the latter is just taking the easy way out and punishing the many because the one acts like a douchebag cocksnorkle.

mraynrand
07-19-2011, 02:02 PM
I think most people are fine letting madtown be madtown. But when he acts like an asshat, he'll be treated like an asshat, like anyone else here should be.

I would be happy that he couldn't delete anything, outside of personal information. That's what he promised. That's why it continues to be brought up, just like Tony the pubic louse at CE. We have methods to deal with uncouth behavior in a much more specific way that just fucking erasing a dozen or two pages of conversation. Like I said, the latter is just taking the easy way out and punishing the many because the one acts like a douchebag cocksnorkle.

Would it be too hard to just delete the offensive post and move on - perhaps give the offending party a couple of days to cool off?

And Madtown should use a separate account called "Administrator" to answer questions about the forum, and as his "Madtown" login, specifically ignore admin stuff and just post football, etc. People would know it's the same guy, but it's like an on duty versus off duty cop. If you're always wearing your uniform, people will always treat you like a cop.

retailguy
07-19-2011, 02:13 PM
Like I said, the latter is just taking the easy way out and punishing the many because the one acts like a douchebag cocksnorkle.

The majority were laughing and whooping it up regarding the personal attacks, calling them deserved and encouraging the continuation. So, the majority were the ones acting like douchebag cocksnorkles. And that's why the thread reached 7 pages before it was gone.

mraynrand
07-19-2011, 02:22 PM
The majority were laughing and whooping it up regarding the personal attacks, calling them deserved and encouraging the continuation. So, the majority were the ones acting like douchebag cocksnorkles. And that's why the thread reached 7 pages before it was gone.

Prove it

retailguy
07-19-2011, 02:40 PM
Prove it

Cant, and wouldn't if I could.

SkinBasket
07-19-2011, 02:46 PM

So you decided your version of the events was more accurate and/or righteous than that "the majority" and zap, your opinion is more important than the majority of posters who contributed to the thread. That's what I, and others have a problem with on a fundamental level.

Maybe if we could read the thread, we could all apologize for how viciously unfair we were to his even-headed, gentlemanly and kindly arguments. I mean, it's not like he called someone a cunt or anything for disagreeing with him on power squat technique, right?

retailguy
07-19-2011, 02:52 PM
So you decided your version of the events was more accurate and/or righteous than that "the majority" and zap, your opinion is more important than the majority of posters who contributed to the thread. That's what I, and others have a problem with on a fundamental level.

Maybe if we could read the thread, we could all apologize for how viciously unfair we were to his even-headed, gentlemanly and kindly arguments. I mean, it's not like he called someone a cunt or anything for disagreeing with him on power squat technique, right?

Ummm. No. Not at all. It ran its course, and when the photos came back around the second time, it was over. Again, the few ruined it for the many, you got that right. But the many encouraged the few to persist.

I would hope that if someone posted that crap about me, you'd nuke it too. Unfortunately, I doubt that's the case. It would probably be the majority piling it on deeper. (I'm not calling you out specifically, but referring to each of us with the crappy "you" pronoun)

So, that's why I deleted it. I know you don't agree and understand your reasoning. If I ever get the chance, I will completely nuke it so it never comes back. But that's not likely.

Scott Campbell
07-19-2011, 03:03 PM
I would hope that if someone posted that crap about me, you'd nuke it too.

I get the impression there aren't 1000's of embarrassing photos of you floating around out there.

SkinBasket
07-19-2011, 03:04 PM
What are these pictures you're talking about? No one posted pictures of partial after nutz partially posted a partial picture of partial, and if they did and i missed it, they should have been dealt with and the pictures removed, not the thread. Like I said, we have measures to deal with misbehavior, and deleting unrelated content to protect someone's fragile ego was never supposed to be one of them.

I just think it was a biased and cowardly (insofar as using Joe is concerned) way to deal with a problem that ended up splitting and growing as a result, both on an individual level and on this whole victimhood/protected stupidity level that's been discussed before when it continued to get out of hand.

Scott Campbell
07-19-2011, 03:10 PM
I don't have any idea "what the goals of this forum are", and today, I don't pretend to know.

That right there is as damning as anything I've read here.

Scott Campbell
07-19-2011, 03:12 PM
As to the GC - again, I think personal attacks are out of bounds, and not appropriate there either. But my rules no longer apply. I honestly hope that most members here wouldn't personally attack someone, even in the GC. But hey, that's just me. I did it a few times, mostly in anger and frustration. I hope I never do it again, and one of the few things that I regret in my time here are those attacks.

And I regret that I didn't sneak more in while the coast was clear.

It's hard being so nice to Woody.

mraynrand
01-22-2014, 04:44 PM
It's hard being so nice to Woody.

QFT. He gives you so much material.

SkinBasket
01-23-2014, 08:29 AM
So I banned him, WITH MADTOWN’S FULL SUPPORT. I have over 75 emails from partial after I banned him. In the span of 30 days. The vast majority were threatening. I reached out to one member privately and asked what I should do. I got some counsel back from an attorney that this person knew, and got some very good advice, which I implemented and the problem stopped. But now, I read Madtown ask if he should bring him back. I know what happened. That’s why I think he’s trying to come in here as the savior.

Those were good times. I only wish we got to see those emails.

mraynrand
01-23-2014, 10:20 AM
I miss Retail - we need someone on here who will relentlessly and tirelessly defend Mike Sherman, any time his horrible name appears in a thread.

Rodgers12
01-24-2014, 02:06 AM
Dang, I didn't even realize this thread exited til fucking Rand bumped it up. In my solitude, I just spent 2 fucking hours reading this stuff. I wish I was around when this thread was "live."

Oh fie! I was in exile.

For the record, Woodbuck would make a great mod. Woody is the master of objective reasoning. He argues with logic and humor, so unlike Scott Campbell (Yo, Campbell quit using my polygamy joke!). :)

Btw, I like creative writing. I volunteer to write lyrics for this forum, if that's a-ok. :-P

woodbuck27
02-27-2014, 02:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbNidYYGjic

woodbuck27
02-27-2014, 11:58 PM
Nine .......One.......Seven

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS29-jInXdHvdsUzqZ323n3yajWMUP7KgfUxrdHhGFDCwBW5SSajw

Bring back retailguy.

mraynrand
02-10-2015, 03:27 PM
Packeraddicts.com? I think that was Jack's Smirking revenge's website.

I guess he had the last laugh