PDA

View Full Version : Odd Man Out - Underwood or Lee? Both?

Patler
06-16-2011, 04:09 AM
CB will be one of the interesting roster battles. Packers will keep at least 5, maybe 6. Woodson, Williams and Shields for sure. House almost certainly. If House grabs the #4 CB spot, do they keep either Underwood or Lee? Do they just give up on both and look for a younger prospect or two? Do you keep a high draft pick (Lee) if he isn't in the top 4 by now?

Joemailman
06-16-2011, 06:38 AM
Pat Lee played well in the Super Bowl, and has some ability as a returner, if he can stay healthy. Underwood, in my opinion, is Jarrett Bush without the ST ability. He'll be gone. They'll keep Woodson, Williams, Shields, House, Lee and Bush.

Patler
06-16-2011, 07:08 AM
Pat Lee played well in the Super Bowl, and has some ability as a returner, if he can stay healthy. Underwood, in my opinion, is Jarrett Bush without the ST ability. He'll be gone. They'll keep Woodson, Williams, Shields, House, Lee and Bush.

I tend to agree. Lee separated himself from Underwood last year, but not by a lot.
Bush might allow them to go with just 9 DBs, the 5 corners you mentioned, Collins, Burnett and Peprah at safety, plus Bush as a sort of swingman.

vince
06-16-2011, 08:06 AM
x2

mraynrand
06-16-2011, 10:16 AM
As long as House is better than Siddeeq Shabazz, the Packers will keep him over Underwood. Lee is a shoo-in unless there is a rookie FA out there Thompson likes and the ability to do the rookie FA thing.

HarveyWallbangers
06-16-2011, 11:15 AM
It really depends on the two players. If one or both show dramatic improvement, they'll stick. If they continue to play at the level they've played at and the Packers can find another prospect or two, I think they both might be gone. I think Lee is probably ahead of Underwood also. So, it depends on how much they improve and who the Packers bring in to compete with them. My gut tells me Underwood is gone and Lee probably sticks, but any scenario could play out really. It wouldn't be a complete surprise if one or both did improve.

sharpe1027
06-16-2011, 11:57 AM
My guess is that they are both gone if the lock out ends today. Neither has shown they have the confidence of the coaches; although I will admit that Lee held his own when given the chance in the SB. If the lockout goes much longer, however, their previous experience in the Packer's system and the NFL will be too important and at least one of them will be kept. In that situation, they probably will try to stash a prospect on the practice squad.

3irty1
06-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Its tough to say. Lee is a pretty darn good perimeter corner to the point where he could probably start for a few teams and certainly get us out of a game if something happened to Tramon/Sam.

In Underwood's rookie year they were really high on him if I remember. Then came the Dells stuff and all of a sudden he's not so popular. What really concerned me was some of the quotes coming from other players about him after the incident. The other players might not have much respect for him. I bet he's the one who's gone but will probably catch on somewhere else.

Smidgeon
06-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Its tough to say. Lee is a pretty darn good perimeter corner to the point where he could probably start for a few teams and certainly get us out of a game if something happened to Tramon/Sam.

In Underwood's rookie year they were really high on him if I remember. Then came the Dells stuff and all of a sudden he's not so popular. What really concerned me was some of the quotes coming from other players about him after the incident. The other players might not have much respect for him. I bet he's the one who's gone but will probably catch on somewhere else.

Really? (I'm not doubting you, I just haven't heard this analysis before.)

3irty1
06-16-2011, 03:03 PM
That's my take. He's pretty assignment sure when he gets the help of the sideline, if he could play the ball people might just call him good. He'd have a good chance of starting for the Lions. Could make it as the 3rd CB for the Vikings too.

Bossman641
06-16-2011, 04:28 PM
I'd guess Underwood is the odd man out. The coaches seemed to be high on him his rookie season, and he is more athletically gifted than Lee, but it seems like the more they got to know him the less impressed they were. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't their multiple quotes from coaches about how he needed to buckle down and become more of a professional?

It's always possible the lightbulb could go off in his head but his track record says otherwise: 3 years at OSU filled with academic issues and irresponsibility, NFL coaches questioning his commitment. Sounds like his time is up.

As for Lee, who knows. He played well in the SB but I need a more than 2 quarters to gain some confidence in him. Packers proved with Shields they are comfortable going with raw players. If House proves anything it wouldn't surprise me if Packers dropped both Lee and Underwood and decided to start over.

Deputy Nutz
06-16-2011, 07:49 PM
Lee's big problem is injury. If he could make it through a training camp I think he would be in line for the dime spot. He is bigger than underwood with a bit more upside. Lee is a better special teams player and when it comes to reserve players that is going to trump anything else. But since free agency hasn't happened yet they both could be gone depending on who or what catches the eye of Thompson.

bobblehead
06-17-2011, 04:59 AM
I tend to agree. Lee separated himself from Underwood last year, but not by a lot.
Bush might allow them to go with just 9 DBs, the 5 corners you mentioned, Collins, Burnett and Peprah at safety, plus Bush as a sort of swingman.

In my gut I still think we somehow manage to have Bigby on the squad this season....just to torment skin if no other reason. AS for those two clowns, will we still have room after we sign Assoommughaa?

Fritz
06-17-2011, 07:32 AM
We're assuming House will make it. But what if he has Underwear's "The rules? What rules?" attitude? Then what?

KYPack
06-17-2011, 07:52 AM
Lee's big problem is injury. If he could make it through a training camp I think he would be in line for the dime spot. He is bigger than underwood with a bit more upside. Lee is a better special teams player and when it comes to reserve players that is going to trump anything else. But since free agency hasn't happened yet they both could be gone depending on who or what catches the eye of Thompson.

Underwood is an inch taller and 2 pounds heavier than Lee.