pack4to84
08-12-2006, 11:47 PM
what was that flag for

pack4to84
08-12-2006, 11:48 PM
good blitz again

J-Rok
08-12-2006, 11:48 PM
What happened with the Unsportsmanlike conduct?

OKC PackerFan
08-12-2006, 11:49 PM
Positive: 3 more preseason games to right the ship, I hope. OL and D are way off course.

pack4to84
08-12-2006, 11:49 PM
woodson on the sideline got infront of the offical

pack4to84
08-12-2006, 11:50 PM
nice blitz again way to go Bob Sanders

digitaldean
bad call on late hit

What a bone head call. OK, you can tackle but you can't drive the QB into the ground. What is the defense supposed to do in the 1/4 of a second they have before they hit the QB... should place him on the ground lightly, not tackle him or pulverize the SOB!

Make the QB wear a dress if you're going to call that one...

ND72
that's really weak by the official....unless he had told woodson to get out of the way, there should be a warning first, but seriously....wow.

green_bowl_packer
Bret Favre Says:

Green Bay Packers Halftime Quotes

QB BRETT FAVRE:
On his overall assessment of the offense tonight:
"We've got a long way to go. We weren't very good. We didn't turn the ball over. We have to protect better. We have to rush the football better. I don't know how many yards rushing we had, but it wasn't enough."

On the long reception to Robert Ferguson:
"That was a great play on his part. It was a hitch-and-go. He made a great catch."

On whether he expected to play as much as he did:
"Considering the way we were playing, yes."

wist43
08-12-2006, 11:51 PM
Positive: 3 more preseason games to right the ship, I hope. OL and D are way off course.

That's not a positive... that's a hope and a prayer.

Wow, do they look bad. All that positive karma coming out of the scrimmage is definitely gone.

Brainerd
Positive: Rodgers hasn't dropped a single punt.

woodbuck27
Wondering if Ingle Martin will go in now ?

digitaldean
that's really weak by the official....unless he had told woodson to get out of the way, there should be a warning first, but seriously....wow.

Looks like the refs and the Packers played like it's the first preseason game. Unfortunately, SD didn't.

ND72
08-12-2006, 11:53 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRIAN WROBEL

digitaldean
08-12-2006, 11:54 PM

Do a note some negativity? :mrgreen:

Partial
Uh OH ND, your boy is in :mrgreen:

ND72
played with him at Winona State....I don't think you'd find one guy who liked him

pack4to84
08-12-2006, 11:55 PM
new punter Ryan

digitaldean
08-12-2006, 11:56 PM
new punter Ryan

Buh bye, BJ! Another great Shermy draft pick!

wist43
08-12-2006, 11:56 PM
OL is getting absolutely manhandled by the Chargers...

The first string was absolutley pathetic - both run and pass. They've got an awful long way to go.

Coston will be baqging groceries in a few weeks... the Packers need to find a more reliable backup at LT.

Partial
08-12-2006, 11:57 PM
ND, you know your shit! What are some positives from tonight? What are some things to be concerned about?

woodbuck27
08-12-2006, 11:57 PM
I think that Jon Ryan stepped up and will be OUR punter.

OKC PackerFan
08-12-2006, 11:58 PM
Not only can Ryan boom 50 yard punts, he can hold for the kicker too. With our O play, we'll need his leg.

digitaldean
08-12-2006, 11:58 PM

Woodbuck,

Did you get to see Ryan in any CFL games when he was with Winnipeg?

woodbuck27
08-12-2006, 11:59 PM
OL is getting absolutely manhandled by the Chargers...

The first string was absolutley pathetic - both run and pass. They've got an awful long way to go.

Coston will be baqging groceries in a few weeks... the Packers need to find a more reliable backup at LT.

That's not good. I trust your observation's wist43.

Yet !! Are we surprised?

pack4to84
08-13-2006, 12:01 AM
need to blitz here

woodbuck27
08-13-2006, 12:02 AM
OK !

Here comes Ingle Maaaarrrrrtinnnn !! :mrgreen:

ND72
08-13-2006, 12:02 AM
Positives....whew....
WR's looked good

i think both Rodgers and Favre looked pretty good.

in my opinion, Wells and Clifton looked good.

Defense had flashes, but i don't like the coverage right now....LB's looked amazing tonight.

Ryan looked good

Negatives??? EVERYTHIGN ELSE.
OL needs massive improvement. Coston is a Guard, and needs to stay there. NO running game. NO TE useage. DT's need to take over the middle. DB's need to be more aggressive. Returns were throw up in my mouth. Pass rush was EH at times, but had flashes. TACKLING...YUCK.

woodbuck27
08-13-2006, 12:06 AM
Look out here he is. :mrgreen:

J-Rok
Here's to improvement. Hurray, beer!

Brewhaha
I thought after Sherman left we wouldn't do a screen pass every 3rd down.

wist43
You guys know me as a "glass is half empty" guy...

but, I've got to tell you, I'm really shocked at how terrible they looked tonight.

I expected them to look rough, but rough doesn't begin to describe this debacle.

woodbuck27
08-13-2006, 12:07 AM
Go for it Ingle. :mrgreen:

pack4to84
08-13-2006, 12:07 AM
bad punt 39yds 8yd return low line drive

Partial
08-13-2006, 12:10 AM
You guys know me as a "glass is half empty" guy...

but, I've got to tell you, I'm really shocked at how terrible they looked tonight.

I expected them to look rough, but rough doesn't begin to describe this debacle.

In my opinion, its the OL that is screwing everything up offensively. Defensively they look like a bunch of pussies.

Manning just missed a simple wrap up tackle. Come on!!!

woodbuck27
08-13-2006, 12:10 AM
Jon Ryan. 4 punts on the night for a 46.2 yard avg. and long of 55 yards.

Nice game.

Ingle Martin disappointed me somewhat. :mrgreen:

AKfaust
08-13-2006, 12:12 AM
Wow.....I'm glad we have three more games to work the kinks out.
If the OL never gets it were hosed....

wist43
08-13-2006, 12:14 AM
I taped it, so I'll go back and look at it over the next week... but, my initial impression is that it was such an abysmal showing that it will difficult to get anything positive out of it.

They didn't even look good enough to be considered a bad NFL team.

woodbuck27
08-13-2006, 12:15 AM
Don't worry guys and gals. Well - worry some.

We didn't do well on the OL early or throughout the game. Sweet "F" all in OUR running game shocks me. Lots of work required there and maybe T2 better get busy and concentrate on getting M3 some help.

b bulldog
08-13-2006, 12:24 AM
Hopefully shermy can talk Kubiak into trading for Sander.

woodbuck27
08-13-2006, 12:30 AM

Woodbuck,

Did you get to see Ryan in any CFL games when he was with Winnipeg?

Yes. He's for real.

A fine athlete and solid all round fella.We are fortunate to have this young man as OUR future punter. I really believe in Jon Ryan.

GO PACKERS ! HOLD THE FAITH !!

b bulldog
08-13-2006, 12:33 AM
Hopefully BJ is on the first wave of cuts.

b bulldog
08-13-2006, 12:33 AM
Cromartie looked pretty darn athletic on that "pic" of Rodgers.

Partial
08-13-2006, 12:51 AM
I taped it, so I'll go back and look at it over the next week... but, my initial impression is that it was such an abysmal showing that it will difficult to get anything positive out of it.

watching the tape right now. Yuck!

b bulldog
08-13-2006, 12:52 AM
Anyone listening to the big blowhard on 620 TMJ?

b bulldog
08-13-2006, 12:53 AM
My player of the game was Arod.

woodbuck27
08-13-2006, 12:57 AM

watching the tape right now. Yuck!

Your a sucker for punishment. I always wait a couple of days after a heavy loss to review the tape. Somehow it's easier Partial.

No Mo Moss
08-13-2006, 01:17 AM
Come one guys, it was what it was....a preseason game.. I thought there were as many positives as negaives. Me and Harv were talking and most of the sacks on Favre came against the tackles and not the interior. For a first shot I thought they were OK all things considered. Carrol had two terrible plays and one excellant play. Any word on Underwood yet?

Partial
08-13-2006, 01:20 AM
Come one guys, it was what it was....a preseason game.. I thought there were as many positives as negaives. Me and Harv were talking and most of the sacks on Favre came against the tackles and not the interior. For a first shot I thought they were OK all things considered. Carrol had two terrible plays and one excellant play. Any word on Underwood yet?

Right, but thats where teams rush in the 3-4. Tauscher looked bad. That is probably just a fluke. They do need a legit backup LT, though.

b bulldog
08-13-2006, 01:20 AM
They are saying it's probably season ending but nothing set in stone as of yet.

Partial
08-13-2006, 01:25 AM
They are saying it's probably season ending but nothing set in stone as of yet.

Where'd you hear that?

b bulldog
08-13-2006, 01:28 AM
TMJ's postgame show

Partial
08-13-2006, 01:30 AM
TMJ's postgame show

Shit man, that blows. Was it any ACL? I am watching the tape of the game right now. Man, that was an ugly game.

b bulldog
08-13-2006, 01:31 AM
Just said it is a real serious knee injury, probably season ending

Guiness
08-13-2006, 02:44 AM
Ok, I'm like 10 000 miles from home (literally!) and don't have a copy of this 'game'. Much as I'm cringing, I'd like to see it.

Who got it taped? Wist, anyone else? I'd like to exercise my fair use rights. Can I get a copy anyone? - drop me a pm.

Tx

Fosco33
08-13-2006, 03:30 AM
Ok, I haven't got a chance to review my TiVO yet or read through this thread - but two quick questions. Wilhem's sack on Favre in the first quarter appeared to be illegal (new definition of tackling by the collar includes the top of the jersey). At least that's how it looked from my vantage point. 2nd - how bad is Underwood hurt? It looked bad.

I'll watch the game again and read this thread Sunday.

FritzDontBlitz
08-13-2006, 08:34 AM
hopefully someone will post a few clips to youtube for the benefit of us less fortunate folk....

Fosco33
08-13-2006, 08:36 AM
hopefully someone will post a few clips to youtube for the benefit of us less fortunate folk....

If there's a way to download the game from my TiVO to my PC and my PC to a site (like youtube), let me know.

BananaMan
08-13-2006, 09:34 AM
Yeah, as I was watching the game I was just disgusted. But after re-watching it when NFLN reran it, it really wasn't THAT bad.

Also, a key thing: The Packers second string defense was in when Michael Turner scored that TD (with Rivers still in).

If the defense cleans a few things up they'll be ok.

The offense, well, we need to get a running game before we do anything else. Rodgers did look pretty good though.

Overall, it wasn't as horrible as it looked, but it's quite obvious that they still have some work to do. It was only the first preseason game, so we're still allowed to have some hope for the season.

Also, does the coaching staff dislike Gado that much? I thought he would have started for sure.

GBRulz
08-13-2006, 09:42 AM
Sure, there is alot to improve on and it's the first pre-season game. I guess I don't make a big deal about anything at this point. Now, come next weeks game and there are not improvements made, then I will start to worry.

This is exactly what the pre-season is for....

The highlight though....watching how much Arod has improved. It was a great start for him last night!

Fosco33
08-13-2006, 09:59 AM
Ok, so I'm rewatching the game right now after watching it from the nose bleeds at Qualcomm...

On Favre's sacks, the Oline held up reasonably well.

1. Davenpoop missed a key block vs. Cooper (he made a poor attempt to push from behind and went out for a pass). Colledge didn't block well on the play, but if Pooper would've picked up the blitzing LBer, Brett would've had a second or two more to work with.

2. Packers just came from a timeout (after Brett got sacked). They went with 3-Wideout set (loaded to the right) and had plenty of time to recognize the Chargers were coming on a blitz (3 down lineman, 1 LBer on each end and loaded to their left with Wilhelm (Packers right). Chargers LOLB dropped into coverage- Wilhelm (ROLB) came on a blitz. Packers line played the pass with the Franks going en route and Pooper staying back to block (he picked up his man but was toppled by line pressure). Tauscher made a poor attempt to pick up Wilhelm on the blitz. It was enough time for Brett to make two checks (he could have hit the quick slant but wanted more - as he was in 2nd and 20 situation).

Packers went for three straight runs w/ Pooper and had to punt. I only mention this play b/c Sproles was injured on the return (go twisted up and bounced his head on the ground during the play). I went to grab some beer (damn expensive in SD ($7.50 for a Miller Lite).and overheard on a security guard's radio that an ambulance was needed (which would take forever to get to the stadium's 'parking lot' designed for 18000 spots (for a stadium that holds roughly 60,000) - forcing fans (like me) to walk up and down a huge hill to find a parking spot in the neighboring hill community.

It's important to note here that many people will bash the 1st string Oline's first game giving up two sacks and lots of QB pressure. Rivers was sacked twice in one series early in the 2nd quarter - who knows if you'll hear how weak their line was...

Bretsky
08-13-2006, 10:04 AM
Banana,

Gado has had a difficult time in practice reading the holes with the new zone blocking scheme. He had the same problems in college when his team used the same blocking scheme.

B

BananaMan
08-13-2006, 10:17 AM
Yeah I had heard about that, but he looked good during Family Night.

And after Davenport's bad start, I would have thought they'd give him some plays with the #1 sooner.

MJZiggy
08-13-2006, 12:07 PM
Also, does the coaching staff dislike Gado that much? I thought he would have started for sure.

I thought Gado was #2 on the depth chart, I do know that he tweaked a groin muscle somewhere in the 1st half. I noticed him limping a bit after a play and then he showed up on the halftime injury graphic. I just watched the game this morning and haven't been willing yet to look at the news and stats.

My impressions are also that the game was not as bad as it seemed. Did we really expect an o-line made up of rookies and people who were moving around to handle what they kept calling the "best front 7 in the NFL?" It's their first effort together. Next week we look for some improvement with them.

No one dropped the ball in punt/K coverage and there were flashes of return ability there.

AJ was around the ball all night. As he gets used to the NFL, he will be a force for opposing teams to worry about. I hope we can all stop fretting now.

Aaron did look good.

Even though Jennings had a drop or two, he did look VERY good for a rookie in his first game.

Some of the young corners looked better than some of the vet corners (though admittedly they weren't covering 1st string receivers either.)

We had one turnover late in the game, but BF had none at all and we came damn close to not having any.

The coach won both challenges--an example of good decisionmaking, and speaking of good decisionmaking, we got the onside kick. I think though, in the redzone I'd have gone for 3 just to get the points up, but at least M3 had the cajones to take a chance there. No more uberconservatism when there's something to be gained from the risk.

Anyway, the defense was still more porous than I'd like to see and the o-line needs to come together which will take time, but it really wasn't THAT horrible.

byw, BALLHAWK!!!!HOW ARE YOU FEELING THIS MORNING!!!

HarveyWallbangers
08-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Gado looked better than Da Poop. Da Poop looked horrendous. My RB depth chart right now would be:

Green, Gado, Herron, Davenport

GrnBay007
08-13-2006, 12:40 PM
LOL @ Da Poop

woodbuck27
08-13-2006, 12:49 PM
Thanks MJ for that analysis. Let's re-group for game #2 of pre-season.

T2 and M3 have to get it done the best they can. Patience. :mrgreen:

GO PACKERS ! FAITH Packer fans.

gbgary
08-13-2006, 02:47 PM
last night was the first time i'd really had a chance to see rodgers for an extended time...he didn't look bad at all. surrounded with first-teamers he'll probably be pretty damn good.

woodbuck27
08-13-2006, 03:11 PM
last night was the first time i'd really had to see rodgers for an extended time...he didn't look bad at all. surrounded with first-teamers he'll probably be pretty damn good.

Aaron Rodgers had his best game as a packer last night from all i know.

Great for him. :mrgreen:

Pick it up for another tough team.The Atlanta Falcons have high hopes this season. This is another good team and a real test again.

GO PACKERS ! FAITH !!