PDA

View Full Version : The Official First Game Of The Season Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Partial
08-12-2006, 02:20 AM
Lets get fired up!!!! I'm jacked!!! Go Packers!!!!

Partial's Playas to watch
1. Abdul Hodge
2. Marviel Underwood
3. Greg Jennings
4. Corey Rodgers
5. Daryl Colledge
6. Colin Cole

Can the Packers shut down LT? Can Phillips Rivers make the fans of San Diego forget they gave away a franchise QB for nothing in return? Can the smaller interior linemen hold up against a beast of a nose tackle in Jammal Williams? Are the linemen quick enough to stop Merriman off the edge? Are the Linebackers fast and skilled enough in coverage to make Gates a non-factor?

Live! in San Diego, at 9pm Central 7pm for those on the west coast!! It should be a great game!

Alright guys, lets break it down!

RashanGary
08-12-2006, 03:29 AM
That's a nice group of players you have listed there Partial...I like all of them alot..

I really want Hawk to rip someones head off. Just one play where Hawk rips a guy mercilessly to the ground is all I ask.

sepporepi
08-12-2006, 06:09 AM
Can the Packers shut down LT?

Since he will not play, that is an easy yes... :mrgreen:

vince
08-12-2006, 06:10 AM
vince's players to watch...

1. Jason Spitz - the most questionable OLineman
2. Robert Ferguson - feeling the heat from Jennings. Is he up for the challenge for a change?
3. AJ Hawk - is the Hawk ready to begin soaring once the games begin?
4. Abdul Hodge - is he going to continue to demand playing time through his play on the field?
5. Marviel Underwood - Is he really ready for primetime?
6. DL - Allen, Cole, Williams, Jenkins, Jolly - who will step up?
7. Jon Ryan - can he get off his punts and pooch well?

red
08-12-2006, 08:37 AM
and its finally football season agin

does everyone have their gear on today?

has everyone said their 10 hail vincent's while holding their commemorative super bowl medalions while kneeling on the ground facing towards lambeau field?

i wanna see hodge destroy some RB and put the fear of god into all other nfl teams watching. i want him to show he's the bad assed MLB he was in college and make it impossible for the team to not make him the MLB

Bretsky
08-12-2006, 08:40 AM
Here's a repeat of what I want to see; should be interesting to see how many happen

1. I want to see AJ HAWK begin to emerge
2. I want to see the young OL hold their own
3. I want to see Jennings Emerge as the #2 WR
4. I want to see somebody besides Ferguson Emerge as #3
5. I want to see Abdul Hodge blow up a few plays
6. I want to see Gado look capable in case Green remains hurt
7. I want to see Aaron Rodgers play respectable to give me a little hope
8. I want to see PRESSURE from our defensive front
9. I want to see no OL False Start Penalties
10.I want to see a defense creating 2 turnovers

BallHawk
08-12-2006, 08:49 AM
Man, I want to see Ruvell or Gardner step up into the #3 roll.

BallHawk
08-12-2006, 08:51 AM
And I want Cullen Jenkins and Colin Cole to stuff some holes and maybe get a sack.

Also, does anybody know how I can listen to the game?

chewy-bacca
08-12-2006, 08:59 AM
I cant wait to see our LB corps in action.

I hope Favre can stay clean in his short time in action.

Not only protect Favre, but hows that zone blocking coming along?

who is starting in the secondary to night??

IMHO, they will have a tall order to come out on top tonight. SD was the best team to not make the playoffs last year.

Guiness
08-12-2006, 10:06 AM
Anxious to see this game too. Is it just me, or is there more attention around this game than the preseason in other years. Or maybe it's just because I paid so much attention to the Pack during the offseason because off this forum.

What I'll be watching for:

While I want to see that the rookies are going to contribute, I'm more interested in what Cole does as an emerging player, and how last year's spot duty rookies, Underwood and Hawkins do.

Fosco33
08-12-2006, 10:50 AM
I'll be leaving in a few hours for the game.

If it were a regular season game, I'd stay the whole time. I've got a BBQ to attend up in LA and was thinking of leaving at half time....

What would you do at the 1st preseason game? Stay for the entire game or leave early for a party...

red
08-12-2006, 10:54 AM

If it were a regular season game, I'd stay the whole time. I've got a BBQ to attend up in LA and was thinking of leaving at half time....

What would you do at the 1st preseason game? Stay for the entire game or leave early for a party...

well if you're a real packer fan you'd stay for the whole thing. just ask anyone of the 63,000 that stayed at lambeau for the entire practice

beer and BBQ will always be there, you can have those every day of the week all year long if you wanted to (of course you would end up being one big fat drunk bastard). you can't go see the packers play everyday, all year long

HarveyWallbangers
08-12-2006, 10:54 AM

You can't be serious. Stay the whole game. You'll be fashionably late for the party.

Fosco33
08-12-2006, 11:29 AM

well if you're a real packer fan you'd stay for the whole thing. just ask anyone of the 63,000 that stayed at lambeau for the entire practice

beer and BBQ will always be there, you can have those every day of the week all year long if you wanted to (of course you would end up being one big fat drunk bastard). you can't go see the packers play everyday, all year long

Ok - fashionably late.... It's bad timing as this specific BBQ (every type of meat imaginable cooked in almost every way you can dream up) is only an annual event... It's not just 10 adults cooking burgers and brats - I'm talking 150 loud, partying folks jamming to our friend's band.

My buddy will understand. :cool:

Packnut
08-12-2006, 11:38 AM
Damn, this day is going slow. I NEED SOME PACKER FOOTBALL BABY!!!!

BF4MVP
08-12-2006, 12:52 PM
2. Robert Ferguson - feeling the heat from Jennings. Is he up for the challenge for a change?
I hope so. I can't even describe how much I hope so...

4. Abdul Hodge - is he going to continue to demand playing time through his play on the field?

Probably. That shouldn't be a shock to anyone. We all knew he was a steal right when we drafted him..

Partial
08-12-2006, 01:48 PM
Lets get fired up!!! WHooooo!! I am excessively jacked for the start of real packer football!!!

Anyone know is Ahman is playing tonight?

I predict they keep the 1st string OL in for the entire first half!!

mission
08-12-2006, 01:57 PM
im super jacked too... i even have a lot of my employees fired up and going to come out, have some beers and watch the game as well. plus its my lil bro's 21st birthday so i plan to get him proper messed.

ive never been this excited for an exhibition game... probably because there is so much young talent on the team that will have us locked for most of the game.

Charles Woodson
08-12-2006, 02:01 PM
I really wana see our secoundary. I espicially want to see woodson look like an pro bowler. I wana see collins and manuel. And i deff wana see our running backs tear it up!

justanotherpackfan
08-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Can the Packers shut down LT?

Since he will not play, that is an easy yes... :mrgreen:
Why isn't he going to play?

chewy-bacca
08-12-2006, 02:55 PM
Damn, this day is going slow. I NEED SOME PACKER FOOTBALL BABY!!!!

Deputy Nutz
08-12-2006, 03:47 PM
Lets get fired up!!! WHooooo!! I am excessively jacked for the start of real packer football!!!

Anyone know is Ahman is playing tonight?

I predict they keep the 1st string OL in for the entire first half!!

Well Ahman isn't playing until at least the 3rd preseason game. I am also excited, but more so in a reserved way. I am excited to see emergence from younger players. I am excited to see who steps up and who falls to the cutting room floor

I could care less about he final score of this game, and for the rest of the preseson. This is not real football, I guess it is more real than the scrimmage, but these wins don't count for nothing regardless of what McCarthy says. Its nice to win these games, but the fact is, it is the situational stuff that I am excited about, things that practice can't show you, like punters having to kick the ball out of their own endzone under pressure. Thats the stuff I am excited to see.

chewy-bacca
08-12-2006, 03:55 PM
in preseason if we are up at the half, thats good. Dont need to win, but its nice. Like MM says, after 4-12 alil winning wouldnt hurt.

red
08-12-2006, 03:56 PM
ahmans not playing but it sounds like najeh is. that'll be nice

man, this is some horse sh't if you ask me. the whole days already gone by and we're still 5 hours away from kickoff.

god damn west coast people

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-12-2006, 04:23 PM
I want to see no injurys.

chewy-bacca
08-12-2006, 04:23 PM
man, this is some horse sh't if you ask me. the whole days already gone by and we're still 5 hours away from kickoff.

god damn west coast people

:lol: :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
08-12-2006, 06:18 PM
Too bad I'm going to miss the game thread. I'll be here Sunday giving my thoughts though. I'm sure everybody will be anxiously awaiting them.
:D

sepporepi
08-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Why isn't he going to play?

Schottenheimer said Tomlinson will not play against the Packers to avoid risking injury. from here (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9598332)

BallHawk
08-12-2006, 07:39 PM
I don't blame him. He knows LT can produce, and he's the best RB in the league. So why risk it?

So guys, any predictions on the score. Mine is....

Chargers 10
Packers 24

K-O-O-L A-I-D :mrgreen:

vince
08-12-2006, 07:44 PM
da-da-da-dada-da-da GO PACK GO!

4and12to12and4
08-12-2006, 07:48 PM
I hope your right Hawk, I don't want to predict, I'm afraid I'' jinx them. Yes, I know, no self-esteem. :mrgreen:

wist43
08-12-2006, 07:55 PM
Things I'll be looking for:

1. Offensive Line - They have a long way to go. The rookies need to demonstrate they can function effectively in this system. With Clifton banged up backup, Left Tackle is very, very shaky - maybe Bourke can be the answer??

2. Hawk - Hawk is way behind the rest of the LB'ers, and behind all of the rookies in general for that matter. He has been very, very pedestrian/quiet in camp. We need to see some spark from him.

3. All Linebackers - Hodge has been the talk of camp, and Barnett is starting to squawk with all of the buzz. Taylor has been invisible. Poppinga is now back on the practice field, but I don't think he's playing tonight. Tracy White is definitely in the mix... he is very, very stout.

4. Greg Jennings - Has been very impressive in camp. Has the inside track to start opposite Driver.

5. Special Teams - Every critical position is up for grabs. All of the return jobs are unsettled.

6. Running Back - It's beginning to look like both Gado and Herron could stick. That would likely leave Davenport as the odd man out.

7. Aaron Rodgers - He should play extensively tonight... we've really haven't gotten a decent look at him yet.

BallHawk
08-12-2006, 07:57 PM
Noah Herron's Packer photo scares me.

wist43
08-12-2006, 08:16 PM
Something else to look for is McCarthy and the coaching staff. How do they mangage the game, i.e. getting plays in on a timely basis, play calling, clock management, et al...

Joemailman
08-12-2006, 08:31 PM
One thing I'll be looking for is the role of the fullback in this offense. I have heard that in this blocking scheme, the fullback isn't utilized as much as a lead blocker. Just what the role of the fullback is could go a long way to determine who Henderson's backup is.

BallHawk
08-12-2006, 08:58 PM
Damnit, looks like I'm going to have to follow with gamecenter. I can't find any radio station that carries the game.

J-Rok
08-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Same here. I was hoping I'd find some way to watch it or hear it, but no luck. Oh well.

woodbuck27
08-12-2006, 09:06 PM
vince's players to watch...

1. Jason Spitz - the most questionable OLineman
3. AJ Hawk - is the Hawk ready to begin soaring once the games begin?
5. Marviel Underwood - Is he really ready for primetime?
6. DL - Allen, Cole, Williams, Jenkins, Jolly - who will step up?
7. Jon Ryan - can he get off his punts and pooch well?

Vince, good to see you here. Welcome. :mrgreen:

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
08-12-2006, 09:10 PM

Uhhhhh !! :mrgreen:

Arrive late for the BBQ - leave really late. :mrgreen:

Also OUR Man. We need all the thumbs up and down from YOU Fosco33. If you decide to accept the assignment? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

GO PACKERS ! HOLD THE FAITH !!

esoxx
08-12-2006, 09:13 PM
Hawk got toasted on that route.

Shit!!! Underwood's down and it doesn't look good!

J-Rok
08-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Gamecenter's not working for me..

esoxx
08-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Looking at Underwood's lower leg. Hopefully it's just a cramp or something.

Harris gives up the TD. Good coverage but a perfect throw. Looks like his foot was out and they should overturn this one.

woodbuck27
08-12-2006, 09:19 PM
Hawk got toasted on that route.

Shit!!! Underwood's down and it doesn't look good!

Here we go !

falco
08-12-2006, 09:19 PM
This is brutal so far....

esoxx
08-12-2006, 09:20 PM
DAmn!! Just saw the replay on the Underwood injury. That did NOT look good at all. Looks like he blew out a knee, that would suck!!!!

RashanGary
08-12-2006, 09:20 PM
I liked Sherm in alot of area's, but it's nice to see a good decisive review go our way.

Brewhaha
08-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Wow the passing defense looks realllly bad

retailguy
08-12-2006, 09:23 PM
I liked Sherm in alot of area's, but it's nice to see a good decisive review go our way.

That was a gift. Harris pushed the dude. It should have been a TD.

retailguy
08-12-2006, 09:23 PM

horrible. Was it taylor that blew the coverage on the gates catch?

Brewhaha
08-12-2006, 09:24 PM

Hawk

Brainerd
First offensive series was bad. First defensive series was worse. Only way to go is up. :D

falco

Pretty sure it was Hawk.

J-Rok
08-12-2006, 09:25 PM
I hate not having a clue of what's going on.

esoxx
Holy crap did Carroll get fried on that TD pass. Looks like the same player to me. Why people continue to insist he's on the verge of being a legitimate player is beyond me.

Brewhaha
So overall Hawk got burned, Underwood got hurt and he is being carted off, Harris got burned (tho is didn't count), Carroll got burned, and the tackling didn't look good when that other tight end caught the ball.

Noodle
08-12-2006, 09:26 PM
BRING BACK SHERMAN

Oh, that's right, Havel said we'd probably suck by design.

Very clever on our part.

falco
08-12-2006, 09:28 PM
BRING BACK SHERMAN

Oh, that's right, Havel said we'd probably suck by design.

Very clever on our part.

On the plus side, if you're a chargers fan, rivers looks good.

ND72
I would say Underwood tore his ACL for sure.

Harris pushed the first touchdown after he caught the ball and stepped out of bounds, so that was for sure a TD.

The entire NFL should be watching, just throw fades on us, our DB's can't catch up after the bump coverage.

J-Rok
It's working now. Rivers was 4/5 for 79 yards. Yikes.

ND72
08-12-2006, 09:29 PM
and Brett needs to start to throw the ball sooner, and not dance.

Brewhaha
08-12-2006, 09:29 PM
And we can add that the O-line looks terrible.

BallHawk
08-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Great Favre sacked.

ND72
SD makes every OL look bad. this is a real rough game for our young guys to start with. they need to run quick pass paterns against a blitzing Defense, and a slanting D...and Brett needs to throw it sooner.

pack4to84
OL not looking good. No holes for Rb nor is there anytime for Favre

Brainerd
08-12-2006, 09:31 PM

That's putting it kindly. No pass protection. No place to run. No blitz pickup. Favre slammed to the ground on a sack.

RashanGary
08-12-2006, 09:32 PM
I would say Underwood tore his ACL for sure.

Looked like an LCL to me.

Noodle
I swear I'm not going to be a negative smart ass all night, so just let me get this out of my system --

How about that crack new ZBS running game!

Matched only by that crack pass pro!

CRIPES, WE CAN'T BLOCK ANYBODY!!!!

ND72
Yeah probably the LCL, ACL likes to give either way the knee goes though

BallHawk
FUCK. I didn't see what happened to Underwood, but it sounds bad. GOD DAMNIT! I hope that kid is OK.

BallHawk
08-12-2006, 09:33 PM
What the fuck is this?

J-Rok
Negative yardage now. Great.

edit: I'm scared for this season.

Brewhaha
Man I have to keep reminding myself it's preseason and doesn't matter but I can't imagine a worse start than this.

woodbuck27

That's putting it kindly. No pass protection. No place to run. No blitz pickup. Favre slammed to the ground on a sack.

but the World isn't coming to an end. It's still 0-0 isn't it? :?:

pack4to84
bad thing its #65 getting burn for on those 2 sacks

ND72
GOD DO WE LOOK GRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!

Being a former OL guy, I know this has got to be a B***H for the boys up front vs. this defense, but come on...our RB's need to learn to block as well. Radio just now said 4 sacks, 3 given up by RB's.

Brewhaha
Defense needs to make a stop here to add a little something positive.

retailguy
08-12-2006, 09:34 PM
I swear I'm not going to be a negative smart ass all night, so just let me get this out of my system --

How about that crack new ZBS running game!

Matched only by that crack pass pro!

CRIPES, WE CAN'T BLOCK ANYBODY!!!!

Well, c'mon Noodle, at least we don't have to listen to everyone gripe that Sherman is ordering a pizza! If you can't see the progress, well then, become a Cardinals fan, OK? :mrgreen:

pack4to84
08-12-2006, 09:35 PM
that last 2 sack was against #65

Brainerd
08-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Time to sit Favre. No sense in him getting killed. The OL is non-existant.

BallHawk
08-12-2006, 09:36 PM

Agreed. Get him the hell out of there.

Brewhaha
AJ HAWK sighting

pack4to84
hawk nice play

BallHawk
08-12-2006, 09:37 PM
Listen, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that this is their first series really using the ZBS, but if it doesn't improve...Hello top ten draft pick!

woodbuck27
bad thing its #65 getting burn for on those 2 sacks

Tauscher??? That's unusual !

retailguy

Agreed. Get him the hell out of there.

So, instead, we put leadfeet Rodgers in there? And get him killed? WHY? That's just stupid, guys. At least Favre can scramble...

Noodle
HEY, Good play by Hawk!!

Nice little tackle, though he didn't blow the guy up.

Still, baby steps. I'll take the tackle first, then the stone.

BallHawk
08-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Can we just let Brian Wrobel play the rest of the game?

pbmax
08-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Hello all, saw Gates school Hawk, OL struggling and SPecial Teams blow the 11th man. Saw Underdog blow out a knee, any positives I have missed?

Brewhaha
Im sick of these tight ends

Brewhaha
Hello all, saw Gates school Hawk, OL struggling and SPecial Teams blow the 11th man. Saw Underdog blow out a knee, any positives I have missed?
Rivers threw an imcomplete pass just now...

BallHawk
08-12-2006, 09:40 PM
It's frustrating when your team plays like shit.

It's even more frustrating when your team plays like shit and you don't know what the hell is going on.

pack4to84
good thing so far DL getting good push on every play

pbmax
Rivers didn't get the memo that Wodson is done, he is throwing at Harris and Carrol.

BallHawk
Rivers threw an imcomplete pass just now...

NFC NORTH HERE WE COME!

Brewhaha
Culver just killed someone

pack4to84
big hit 27

retailguy

Nobody has ordered a pizza from the sidelines? :wink:

pbmax
08-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Go Culver, way to close and hit.

RashanGary
Nice hit by Culver....

Noodle
Alright, good stop with a nice pop in the secondary.

Very good covergage from Colver. Very good play.

Brewhaha
Woodson was just back to return that punt

woodbuck27

Don't . . . .think so - pbmax.

BallHawk
NFL Gamecenter can go to hell. It's like a minute behind and I don't know what the hell is going on.

pack4to84
Sd using 3 step drop and DL is still getting in there.

ND72
08-12-2006, 09:42 PM
[/quote]

So, instead, we put leadfeet Rodgers in there? And get him killed? WHY? That's just stupid, guys. At least Favre can scramble...[/quote]

Leadfeet Rodgers? Obviously you've never seen Rodgers, or don't care for him, or you'd have more knowledge than that

RashanGary
08-12-2006, 09:43 PM
Underwood had a nice tackle in the open field on Gates who would have normally dragged Shermans little girls 15 yards down the field. Overall they look tougher on D as far as being physical. Other than that, no.

Noodle
Here we go. This is Favre's last series. Time to get a couple of first downs.

ND, what about SD's D makes them so tough for an O-Line?

woodbuck27
good thing so far DL getting good push on every play

I'll vote for that.

GO PACKERS ! FAITH !!

pack4to84
little hole

Brewhaha
Jue sighting

J-Rok
08-12-2006, 09:44 PM
Positive yards?! Yes.

It's unbearable living by Gamecenter.

woodbuck27
Underwood had a nice tackle in the open field on Gates who would have normally dragged Shermans little girls 15 yards down the field. Overall they look tougher on D as far as being physical. Other than that, no.

So Marviel Underwood is OK ?

Brewhaha
This is pathetic, it's gonna be a long year on offense.

pbmax
08-12-2006, 09:45 PM
ND, how is th O Line loking to you?

Until that 3rd down run, two nice runs. Colledge just got blown by.

Brewhaha

So Marviel Underwood is OK ?
I doubt it

ND72
SD runs a 3-4 blitz defense like Pittsburgh does. In a 3-4, they'll usually show you where their 3 downlineman are, but then could blitz anywhere up to 7 other players around the ball. It's tough, zone blitz's, and guys just coming from anywhere and any angle.

pack4to84
big time punt 55yds

retailguy
So, instead, we put leadfeet Rodgers in there? And get him killed? WHY? That's just stupid, guys. At least Favre can scramble...[/quote]

Leadfeet Rodgers? Obviously you've never seen Rodgers, or don't care for him, or you'd have more knowledge than that[/quote]

I, actually, kind of like him. Although he's got some mobility, he doesn't move like Favre does. I watched him play late last season when they put him in near the end of the Baltimore game. It is fortunate he didn't get hurt. I saw no indication that he was an effective scrambler. He looked more like a deer in the middle of a Wisconsin highway at night.

I do not see the point in pulling Favre from the game, that was my main point.

Noodle
Man, that's demoralizing. The D line was all in the backfield. Pooper never had a shot.

Glad SD's in the friggin AFC.

Nice punt though.

RashanGary
NICE punt...

BallHawk

I feel your pain.

pbmax
Woodie, Underwood is stil hurt, that comment was from earlier in game.

Nice RYan punt on his second try. Bombed that baby.

ND72
08-12-2006, 09:46 PM
retailguy, that was last season...he was a deer in the headlights...He's actually quite mobile.

BallHawk
08-12-2006, 09:46 PM
I'm pissed. I'm off to get a Smirnoff, back in a sec.

J-Rok
08-12-2006, 09:47 PM
I feel your pain.

It's kind of sad when you look at the packers second drive and the arrow goes in the same direction as the Chargers'...

Brainerd
The Chargers D came to play. They're bull rushing into the Packers backfield. The OL will have plenty of film to watch this week.

ND72
and did i see a Brian Wrobel mention on here? i think i just threw up

retailguy
08-12-2006, 09:48 PM
retailguy, that was last season...he was a deer in the headlights...He's actually quite mobile.

Well from the look of things so far, he'd better be... or he's in deep trouble.

PaCkFan_n_MD

I feel your pain.

I am on gamecenter to, it really sucks. Nice up dates by you guys tho.

woodbuck27
Woodie, Underwood is stil hurt, that comment was from earlier in game.

Nice RYan punt on his second try. Bombed that baby.

Sad if we loose Underwood pbmax.

GO PACKERS ! FAITH !!

BallHawk
GAMECENTER YOU PIECE OF SHIT. RYAN PUNTED LIKE TWO MINUTES AGO AND YOU STILL SAY 4TH AND ONE. GO TO HELL!

LEWCWA
Did anyone think this team was ging to look crisp on offense, in the 1st preseason game? It may take til week 8 b4 this team gels!!

J-Rok
08-12-2006, 09:49 PM
LOL. I keep looking back to see if it changed...

Nope, still hasn't.

edit: Was the punt high or just long?

ND72
agreed about Underwood...they kids had a great camp

and OH MY LORD did Sproeles just mess up his leg.

pbmax
Ok, I'l start the meaningless nitpicking, why are McCarthy AND Jags on the field? Who is manning the booth?

pack4to84
nasty injury to SD retuner

retailguy

Wait a minute.... Aren't you like 15? :shock:

RashanGary
08-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Did anyone think this team was ging to look crisp on offense, in the 1st preseason game? It may take til week 8 b4 this team gels!!

Nice Point.

ND72
AJ HAWK WITH A NICE STICK

pack4to84
big stick by hawk

Brewhaha
Hawk with a nice hit

pbmax
Yes, Hawk on the hit, that felt good I bet.

pack4to84
AL should have took that one to the house

ND72
08-12-2006, 09:51 PM
Anyone notice Rivers is NOT throwing at Woodson at all?

Noodle
08-12-2006, 09:51 PM
Good pop from Hawk.

Al Harris blows, that ball took forever to get out there. C'mon, man!

It was a nice pop by Hawk, though.

pbmax
08-12-2006, 09:52 PM
Yep, throwing at Harris and Carrol and TEs

pack4to84
good pressure DL

Brainerd

I'm not worried. Just explaining what I see. I just don't want to see Favre injured in the pre-season while the OL figures it out.

BallHawk

I'm 13. It's not correct to do it, but it calms me down(sorta.)

ND72
ok, that was a text book grab by Carroll there... :lol:

pbmax
If Carrol has such speed, why is he always behind?

ANd is Woodson still on the field?

J-Rok
08-12-2006, 09:53 PM
The defense sounds like it's settling down. Are we looking mediocre at least?

And, how was Ryan's hangtime?

Noodle
08-12-2006, 09:53 PM
Good coverage from Carroll, though he looked back too late.

But I'll take the incomplete.

And yes, I did expect the O to look somewhat crisp. They've been running with the same guys since OTAs.

ND72
08-12-2006, 09:54 PM
ok....our pass coverage is looking like my high school freshman's coverages right now.

Noodle
I say again -- Al Harris has got to play better.

And Woodson needs to show me a little more to be a return guy.

pbmax
Gannon had that, bad Al technique, not that it matters.

And Woodson looked like a two year old after Ring Around the Rosey

Brainerd
The defense sounds like it's settling down. Are we looking mediocre at least?

And, how was Ryan's hangtime?

Yeah. The D is looking alright.

pack4to84
08-12-2006, 09:55 PM
#31 looks rusty

woodbuck27
Ok, I'l start the meaningless nitpicking, why are McCarthy AND Jags on the field? Who is manning the booth?

No shit !

Brewhaha
Man there are a lot of Pack fans there.

ND72
Woodson hasn't shown much on defense yet cause they aren't throwing at him.

pack4to84
#87 sighting nice play

pbmax
Does anyone have the power to tell Favre to sit down?

Noodle
Whoa, I'm surprised Favre is still in there. Nice completion to Martin. Pass pro sucked.

pbmax
08-12-2006, 09:56 PM
I also forgot ND, Woodson is in the slot in nickel and dime, so Carrol is out wide

woodbuck27
08-12-2006, 09:57 PM

I'm 13. It's not correct to do it, but it calms me down(sorta.)

Noooooooooo!! BallHawk.

ND72
pbmax, good point there...I think as we "settle in" and get used to what's going on, that could be huge for us defensively.

BallHawk
End of the first quarter.

Offense D-
Defense B-

woodbuck27
08-12-2006, 09:58 PM
Does anyone have the power to tell Favre to sit down?

Get him the HELL out of that mess !!! Fast !!!!

pack4to84

Offense- D-
Defense B-

#31 D-
#28 D-

pbmax
Yeah, remember this is preseason for us couch coaches too. My eyeballs aren't trained to look that closely at the screen yet. Gotta get HD

BallHawk
08-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Don't worry Woody, I'm not a pot-smoking teen who goes to parties and gets drunk. I just have it on New Years and Gametime.

J-Rok
You can give grades by watching Gamecenter? Sheesh, all I can get out of this game, so far, is that we start to the far right of the field and progressively go to the far left.

Brewhaha

Offense D-
Defense B-
B- is too high. This Chargers offense isn't that great with a first time starter and no Tomlinson.

ND72
I think our Offense is starting to get some sync

pack4to84
WOW!!! nice catch #89

Brewhaha
Nice grab Fergy :shock:

retailguy
08-12-2006, 10:00 PM
Don't worry Woodbuck, I'm not a pot-smoking teen who goes to parties and gets drunk. I just have it on New Years and Gametime.

I'll never drink before 5:00.... Wait it's 5:00 somewhere, right?... Careful with the "rules" Ballhawk. :wink:

pbmax
Woohoo Fergie, making everyone fall in love for two days again

Noodle
It's Official -- I was right -- Fergy is THE MAN!!!!

LEWCWA
Everyone love FERGY!!

PaCkFan_n_MD
We need to score with our #1's on offense.

RashanGary
GREAT CATCH FERG!!!

Favre got tapped after the play. That coulda been roughing the passer, I know it was weak but after the pass, don't touch.

Brewhaha
Haha, Driver celebrates a penalty.

Brainerd
Great catch by fergie. They sure seem to be passing alot right now.

pack4to84
#80 drew that

BallHawk
You can give grades by watching Gamecenter? Sheesh, all I can get out of this game, so far, is that we start to the far right of the field and progressively go to the far left.

Honestly, I can't get shit of gamecenter. I'm following the game, mainly by the forum recations.

woodbuck27
FAVRE ! FAVRE !! FAVRE !!! :mrgreen:

Noodle
Driver sold the PI, but this is a lot of vertical -- where's the WCO?

ND72
08-12-2006, 10:01 PM
On the JSonline board, Fergy just made GoPack65 and myself sound smart for a day. :lol:

pack4to84
bad pass

Brewhaha
I'm waiting for INT

BallHawk
Somewhere, BF4MVP is running down the streets naked.

pbmax
Woulda been tough, woulda been nice to catch that, c'mon Jennings

pack4to84
almost a TD good throw Favre

Brewhaha
08-12-2006, 10:02 PM
Jennings doesn't realize where he is on the field.

pack4to84
08-12-2006, 10:02 PM
nice catch #85 on the sideline both feet in

Brewhaha
08-12-2006, 10:03 PM
Jennings with the drop

BallHawk
Go for it. What the hell, why not?

pack4to84
bad drop by #85

ND72
COME ON BABY HOLD ON TO THAT 85!!!!

woodbuck27
GO FOR IT ! :mrgreen:

J-Rok
3-7-GB 31 (14:21) (Shotgun) B.Favre pass deep left to R.Ferguson to SD 41 for 28 yards (M.McCree).
1-10-SD 41 (13:44) B.Favre pass incomplete right to D.Driver. PENALTY on SD-Q.Jammer, Defensive Pass Interference, 19 yards, enforced at SD 41 - No Play.
1-10-SD 22 (13:40) B.Favre pass incomplete short right to G.Jennings.
2-10-SD 22 (13:36) B.Favre pass incomplete deep middle to D.Driver.

I FEEL LIKE I'M SITTING THERE WITH THE WIND AND BEER BLOWING IN MY FACE.

Thanks Gamecenter.

Brainerd
How many passes in a row on that drive?

pbmax
Jennings heard feet there, looks like. Gotta hold on.

pack4to84
now that should be it for Favre

RashanGary
08-12-2006, 10:04 PM
Damn Jennings...Chill out, catch the damn ball.

pbmax
But why no field goal? We need to test those kickers!

OKC PackerFan
What happened to the running game?

BallHawk
Rookie mistake. Welcome to the NFL, Greg.

pack4to84
nice sold drive. they rolled out to give #4 more time and it worked

BallHawk
Yeah, take Favre out.

RashanGary
08-12-2006, 10:05 PM
3-7-GB 31 (14:21) (Shotgun) B.Favre pass deep left to R.Ferguson to SD 41 for 28 yards (M.McCree).
1-10-SD 41 (13:44) B.Favre pass incomplete right to D.Driver. PENALTY on SD-Q.Jammer, Defensive Pass Interference, 19 yards, enforced at SD 41 - No Play.
1-10-SD 22 (13:40) B.Favre pass incomplete short right to G.Jennings.
2-10-SD 22 (13:36) B.Favre pass incomplete deep middle to D.Driver.

I FEEL LIKE I'M SITTING THERE WITH THE WIND AND BEER BLOWING IN MY FACE.

Thanks Gamecenter.

ROFL

woodbuck27
27 Members here on board now !! Great !!! :mrgreen:

Now - 29 members here.

Now . . . it's up to 32 members. Excelent!!

pbmax
Still Favre's offense, looks like

Brainerd
Time for the D to get a turnover.

falco
08-12-2006, 10:06 PM
Favre's still got it.

ND72
we need to start to run the ball more though. too much passing, guys can just start to T off soon on our QB's

pack4to84
still like the push our DL is doing

PaCkFan_n_MD
27 Members here on board now !! Great !!! :mrgreen:

woodbuck27

Where was Gado?

J-Rok
Wait, I just saw the words "sack" on my computer. No way. We can pressure the QB? Colin Cole with two tackles in a row.

pbmax
Static, on cable?! C'mon

OKC PackerFan
08-12-2006, 10:07 PM
Were is Hodge playing?

pack4to84
sack

ND72
gotta break down and make that tackle in the backfield for the DB that made it back there on the run

Nice by KGB

pbmax
Sack, thats two TFLs!

Brewhaha
Sounds like there are more Packer fans than Chargers

J-Rok
08-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Are SD's starters still in? Two sacks after seeing the first drive is a big turnaround.

pbmax
08-12-2006, 10:09 PM
Davenport started, Woodie, no Gado that I've seen and

no Hodge unless he has been in on a dime package

ND72
ok....how bout we work more on pass coverage at practice monday?

pack4to84
still good dl push

BallHawk
Good defense Pack. :roll:

pbmax
08-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Montogomery Hodge and WIlliams in now as wel as Horton

Brainerd
Are SD's starters still in? Two sacks after seeing the first drive is a big turnaround.

Yes. Packers D is playing well.

ND72
pass coverage? :lol:

Brainerd

Yes. Packers D is playing well.

Except for 3rd down.

pbmax
Culver needs to bring him down

BallHawk
08-12-2006, 10:11 PM
Goddamnit Pack, don't make me get another one. :evil:

pack4to84
08-12-2006, 10:11 PM
hodge tackle

pbmax
08-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Monty has a quick burst off the line but he has taken himself out o ftwo plays by going too far upfield

LEWCWA
The D is the key. TT has overhauled this unit and they need to show it this season...They have to win us some games ala bears D...If they can hold people under 20, Favre can figure out how to get 21!!

ND72
this is just me...but if you are going to show an all out blitz, the QB is going to call or throw a Hot Route....might wanna roll your coverage up just a bit.

pack4to84
08-12-2006, 10:13 PM
hawk tackle

OKC PackerFan
Looks like the rooks are in playing aginst SD 1st O.

pbmax
Hodge and Hawk are LBS in nickel right now.

BallHawk
What is their 3rd down conversion rate? Gotta be in the 90s.

pbmax
08-12-2006, 10:14 PM
28 is still all hands and slow to react

ND72
technically, Carroll keeping his hand on the WR there is an "NFL Penalty"....which is really stupid.

PASS COVERAGE....ANYONE?

pack4to84
no pressure there to much time