PDA

View Full Version : NFL: The 42 Most Despised Players of All Time

woodbuck27
06-27-2011, 01:14 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/748915-the-42-most-despised-nfl-players-of-all-time#/articles/748915-the-42-most-despised-nfl-players-of-all-time

Some of the people listed will surprize you. Other's you'll expect on this list.

GO PACKERS!

hoosier
06-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Embarrassingly weak article written by a college student wannabe sports writer. The fact that he identifies himself as a Patriots fan is really all the rest of us shoudl need to know.

The rankings of most hated players is arbitrary with no clear criteria other than the writer's assertion that it is so. For example:
Why do so many NFL fans despise Bo Jackson? Well, he was the first overall pick in the 1986 draft, selected by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers; however, Jackson had other plans. Following being drafted, Jackson elected to sign a contract with the Kansas City Royals baseball team, which essentially wasted Tampa Bay's pick.

No need to demonstrate that a given player is universally despised, you just have to assert it. But really, who despises Bo Jackson? Most of us only remember him for his outrageously long TD runs on MNF. And who, outside of Philadelphia and Rush Limbaugh, hates Donovan McNabb--who this writer ranks above Conrad Dobler, Tony Romo, Plaxico Burress AND Ochocinco in the most hateable category? And Kelly Stouffer among the 42 most despised NFL players of all time? Who remembers Kelly Stouffer!?!

red
06-27-2011, 03:58 PM
thats just a horrible article

Joemailman
06-27-2011, 04:15 PM
I think most people on this site could write better stuff than you see in Bleacherreport.

Fritz
06-27-2011, 05:09 PM
Fran Tarkenton! Just before he'd get hit, he'd delicately step out of bounds. I despise that mofo!

Guiness
06-27-2011, 08:33 PM
Charles Rogers? lol, I love that guy!

First two guys he brings up are probably only disliked by the team that drafted them, due to lack of performance. Weak

Eric Dickerson? Really?

That's enough for me.

Scott Campbell
06-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Favre is ranked number 5. And the first 4 are convicted felons. :lol:

red
06-27-2011, 09:36 PM
Favre is ranked number 5. And the first 4 are convicted felons. :lol:

that SOB stole our hearts :(

channtheman
06-28-2011, 01:52 AM
that SOB stole our hearts :(

LMAO.

The only players I 'despise' in the NFL right now are some of the 3 Steelers they mentioned. Peyton Manning is pretty high up on my list as well.

Tarlam!
06-28-2011, 03:25 AM
I hate guys like albert Haynsworth for stomping on the heads of unprotected opponents; And taking shitloads of money and refusing to play.

But the article is so arbitrarily put together, I shouldn't wonder that he's not on the list.

Pugger
06-29-2011, 10:39 AM
This article is misleading. It should have been titled The 42 Most Hated Players by the Author. :lol:

mraynrand
06-29-2011, 10:55 AM
This article is misleading. It should have been titled The 42 Most Hated Players by the Author. :lol:

I would have titled it "The 42 most hated players I could think of off the top of my head with no research whatsoever."