PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings

KYPack
07-03-2011, 01:05 PM
And there was only one. Man to have all four GBP Super Bowl rings that is. Couldn't be a better man either. The great Willie Davis, who is one of the coolst people you will ever meet, if ya get the chance.

Check it out...

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article_spofford/article-1/One-man-has-all-four-rings/fdeae1be-3d3e-4ffb-87f7-1ec70f4a7c10

GrnBay007
07-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Cool! I kinda like his fav ring too! :)

Have u met him Ky?

Lurker64
07-03-2011, 11:33 PM
We need to hurry up and win three more superbowls so that he can no longer wear all of his rings at the same time.

KYPack
07-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Cool! I kinda like his fav ring too! :)

Have u met him Ky?

Yeah. Only once. At the Appleton K of C. It was an accidental thing, but I got to spend a couple hours with Willie Davis and Elijah Pitts, who were both at an appearance and then were brought to the bar there for drinks after their "job". Elijah was a good dude, but Willie is just a spectacular person. Friendly, personable, smart. He is a walking personality school, knows how to talk AND listen. I was just a 17 year old kid, but Willie knew how to include me and make me feel like one of the guys.

You could tell that Willie would go on to do good things after football. He did and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

vince
07-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Bill Curry Remembers Willie Davis the Man

http://vimeo.com/25953403

Tarlam!
07-04-2011, 06:30 PM
Yeah. Only once. At the Appleton K of C. It was an accidental thing, but I got to spend a couple hours with Willie Davis and Elijah Pitts, who were both at an appearance and then were brought to the bar there for drinks after their "job". Elijah was a good dude, but Willie is just a spectacular person. Friendly, personable, smart. He is a walking personality school, knows how to talk AND listen. I was just a 17 year old kid, but Willie knew how to include me and make me feel like one of the guys.

You could tell that Willie would go on to do good things after football. He did and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Great story! And the way you tell it, I felt like I there myself. Thanks for sharing.